Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 212629303132333641 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Stay Night - Prismatic Chaos

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    It's TYPE-Moon-verse. Every main character has major issues, regardless of gender.
    I dunno, Heracles seems pretty well-adjusted.

But if I'm being serious, I see the Lancers as mostly free of issues. Cu can be an ass, but it's not because of a psychosis or unresolved issues, and he does hail from a vastly different culture Diarmuid is just a straight-up honorable guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    Last edited by Seika; March 4th, 2012 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Ze spelling! I cannot do it!
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar
    Did I really just read some one saying that the spider scene was not evil, and that it didn't count because shit was happening to her in a way that could exonerate the comitter of the shit was was happening?
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

I think you're in the wrong thread larekko. And thanks a lot seika for the index.
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

Quote Originally Posted by nitewind View Post
    I think you're in the wrong thread larekko. And thanks a lot seika for the index.
    Nah it was in the middle of the derail about caster being betrayed and caster being evil and Nasu alignments meaning shit in his characterization. And about Rider super sadistic evil arm maiming to get off..
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

Quote Originally Posted by Larekko12 View Post
    Nah it was in the middle of the derail about caster being betrayed and caster being evil and Nasu alignments meaning shit in his characterization. And about Rider super sadistic evil arm maiming to get off..
    What would get her off was gouging Shirou's eye[/completelymissingthepoint]

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    What would get her off was gouging Shirou's eye[/completelymissingthepoint]
    She was already getting off on maiming his harms so he screams deliciously and then bleeds out and dies slowly like a wretch. Then decide not to gouge out his eye becuase she's come and be worthless for later. ignoring subtextin
    Last edited by Larekko12; March 4th, 2012 at 08:33 PM.

I said [/completelymissingthepoint], didn't I?

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Thinking about that scene, Zouken having given Sakura a catalyst to summon Medusa suddenly makes more sense, as that shows her to be very different from Sakura, when Sakura is not possessed by Angra Mainyu.

"Those who say it can not be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
    -- Chinese Proverb

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
    Thinking about that scene, Zouken having given Sakura a catalyst to summon Medusa suddenly makes more sense, as that shows her to be very different from Sakura, when Sakura is not possessed by Angra Mainyu.
    Well, she's different in some ways, yes, but Rider is still fundamentally a nice person, if rather focussed on those she cares for.

There is nothing evil about being sadistic. Sure, acting on it is not good, but Rider is in a pretty extreme situation in Fate and UBW, and killing Shirou is not something she has a choice about (not to mention that he would not hesitate to kill her). Whilst that does not make getting off on torturing him acceptable, she does restrain herself somewhat and most of what she did actually helped him (if she'd been serious rather than just playing around, he'd have died there without a doubt). Not to mention that she is by no means the only Heroic Spirit to toy with their victims and get pleasure out of their fights (Lancer springs to mind...).

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Well, she's different in some ways, yes, but Rider is still fundamentally a nice person, if rather focussed on those she cares for.

There is nothing evil about being sadistic. Sure, acting on it is not good, but Rider is in a pretty extreme situation in Fate and UBW, and killing Shirou is not something she has a choice about (not to mention that he would not hesitate to kill her). Whilst that does not make getting off on torturing him acceptable, she does restrain herself somewhat and most of what she did actually helped him (if she'd been serious rather than just playing around, he'd have died there without a doubt). Not to mention that she is by no means the only Heroic Spirit to toy with their victims and get pleasure out of their fights (Lancer springs to mind...).
    First of all, I'm well aware that 'sadist' and 'evil' are not the same thing, but there are degrees, and she goes a bit past them. I'm a sadist, and I would not get off on gouging someone's eyes out. Of course, she is a nice-ish person otherwise, but that's a matter of people not being just one thing, something Nasu does well, that to many writers and readers forget.

Secondly, I would not use Lancer in that example, as he's not exactly the nicest person. Mind you, that's plausible, given his legend. He's the guy that laid gesa on his son that later caused him to kill said son.

"Those who say it can not be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
    -- Chinese Proverb

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
    First of all, I'm well aware that 'sadist' and 'evil' are not the same thing, but there are degrees, and she goes a bit past them. I'm a sadist, and I would not get off on gouging someone's eyes out.
    Getting off on gouging people's eyes out is still not evil. Doing it is, yes, but a sexual fetish which you have no control over is not and never can be.

Of course, she is a nice-ish person otherwise, but that's a matter of people not being just one thing, something Nasu does well, that to many writers and readers forget.
    Well, yes, this is true. When it comes to sex, Rider does seem pretty unrestrained, and has very few qualms about forcing herself on others or getting herself off at their expense.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Rider isn't a fundamentally nice person. She's nice, yes, but not fundamentally nice. If she were fundamentally nice like, say, Shirou or Sakura, she wouldn't get off on causing pain on others. But since she's still nice, she still curbs those impulses. Just sayin'.

Oh, and Lancer isn't fundamentally nice either. He's still a bro, though.

Getting off on gouging people's eyes out is still not evil. Doing it is, yes, but a sexual fetish which you have no control over is not and never can be.

Well, yes, this is true. When it comes to sex, Rider does seem pretty unrestrained, and has very few qualms about forcing herself on others or getting herself off at their expense.
    That is not nice. Not nice at all. Sexy maybe if your into that. But not nice even if she's hot and skilled enough to get away with it unlike Shinji.

She should've tossed a spike through his skull and went on if she was aiming to kill shirou. That would be nice. She did have a choice in that. She could have cold clocked him and took Sakura and Zouken the anchor of a Servant. Or she could have knocked him out and stole an arm. If what she did happened to help him, does that mean anything if she wasn't trying?

Lancer is not a good person either really. Note Lancer is a magus but killed shirou at school.
    Last edited by Larekko12; March 6th, 2012 at 01:00 PM.

*sigh* You're doing it again timecube-chan.
    Spoiler:

"Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Rider isn't a fundamentally nice person. She's nice, yes, but not fundamentally nice. If she were fundamentally nice like, say, Shirou or Sakura, she wouldn't get off on causing pain on others. But since she's still nice, she still curbs those impulses. Just sayin'.
    Again, no, that is quite simply not true. You can be sexually aroused by pain without actually wanting to hurt people, and you can even be aroused by causing pain to people you genuinely care about. I know the distinction all-too-well....

I thought you were talked to about this. Stop it.

Oh hey, Mike's back, welcome back Mike
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Again, no, that is quite simply not true. You can be sexually aroused by pain without actually wanting to hurt people, and you can even be aroused by causing pain to people you genuinely care about. I know the distinction all-too-well....
    But she does want to hurt people. Her torture of Shirou was entirely voluntary. Larekko pointed out three perfectly valid options she could've taken had she been truly interested in not inflicting undue violence.

I fail to see the problem in his post.

Babbling along and using 10 words to say something that should only take 5, incorrect grammar that completely messes up anything he's trying to say, and making references that have nothing to do with what is being talked about. Not necessarily all at once mind you.
    Spoiler:

We are Beast's Lair!