Page 53 of 131 FirstFirst ... 3434851525354555863103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2614

Thread: That Ever Illusive Utopia

What are you looking at? Fantabulous's Avatar
    Load El-Melloi
    This is now the only thing that I'm going to be calling Waver from now on.

Armament: Waver Motion Gun
    Ammunition: Load El-Melloi

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Apparently, the scene in the prologue describing Saber when "Shriou" first summons her isn't Shirou's memory, but Archer's.

Despite everything that's happened to him, the sight of Saber that night was burned into Archer's mind for all eternity.

And the "Load El-Melloi" is why I'm going with Arturia than Altria (Say what now?) and Artoria (yeahhhh.)
    THe fact that it is Archer's memory after being tortured for millions of years with his version of hell . Wow that makes me want to tear up thankfully I have read so much angest heavy storys that I have develpoed a resistence and now only the saddest things can make me cry still makes me sad though. Still wow I am writing a fic right now Shirou reads fanfiction Elf is it possible I can use your Fic after I finish with The hill of Swords heres the link so you can check it out http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7279097/...ads_fanfiction.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nununu View Post
    Armament: Waver Motion Gun Ammunition: Load El-Melloi
    You are wonderful.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Apparently, the scene in the prologue describing Saber when "Shriou" first summons her isn't Shirou's memory, but Archer's.

Despite everything that's happened to him, the sight of Saber that night was burned into Archer's mind for all eternity.
    That would be both Shirou's and Archer's memory.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    That would be both Shirou's and Archer's memory.
    I would be surprised if it is not in Shirou's memory its still much more tochching that after who knows how many years of being tortured EMIYA still remembers the moment he met Arturia (that is the memory you guys are tacking about right)

Quote Originally Posted by rajvir View Post
    I would be surprised if it is not in Shirou's memory its still much more tochching that after who knows how many years of being tortured EMIYA still remembers the moment he met Arturia (that is the memory you guys are tacking about right)

This one, yes.

Blog Entries
    so elf, how goes the deadline rush?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    so elf, how goes the deadline rush?
    I got it in with five days to spare. Now I'm just waiting for the Acceptance/Rejectance letter.

Now I get to start on my Steampunk story.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Steampunk? If you have yet to start the idea, may I suggest a jungle setting, then? It jumped at me as interesting (in conjunction with the whole steampunk thing anyway).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lethum View Post
    Steampunk? If you have yet to start the idea, may I suggest a jungle setting, then? It jumped at me as interesting (in conjunction with the whole steampunk thing anyway).
    Actually, part of the original idea does take place in a "Lost World" setting.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Good, good. I'l look forward to it.

Blog Entries
    Also, Jennifer L. Barnes strikes again. Another anthology I'm in by Pill Hill Press, this one entitled "Dark Heroes". You can check it here: http://www.pillhillpress.com/shoppe-anthologies.html. (If you do buy a copy, please leave a review on Amazon!)

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations!

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Excellent - must see if I can get my hands on this one.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

WE NEED MOAR OF THIS STORY HERE!

Also, congrats, Elfie.

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Congrats, Elf.

US Friend Code
    elf congragulations I hope it gets accepted

Blog Entries
    oooh...I think I just saw into the future a bit. that should be pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Chapter Eleven

Understanding Anguish

I need to stop, but I cannot.

It was as if a damn had been broken within her and the tears would not stop. Saber cursed her weakness, but she could not stop. She should not be seeking comfort in Archer’s arms like this, despite his willingness to give it. She should have just gathered her things and left, but his words were ringing in her ears.

“We were both wrong.”

Perhaps Archer has his own regrets that he is trying to atone for, she thought suddenly as she gasped for air. Head pounding, eyes burning and swollen, Saber physically felt worse than before. The sobs had dried to tiny hiccups as she caught her breath and clung to the larger man’s shirt. All too familiar smells of steel, forge smoke, and leather filled her nostrils and she dimly realized it was Archer radiating such a scent. It was pleasing to her nostrils and filled her with an odd nostalgia of simpler days before she had pulled the sword from the stone.

Large hands that seemed to radiate comforting warmth lightly stroked her hair with shocking tenderness. Logic demanded that she shove him away, thank him for his kindness, and return home, but a voice she had long learned to ignore was begging her to stay. Saber dimly recognized that voice as the part of herself she thought she had killed when the crown had been lowered upon her head.

And then there was, “We were both wrong.”

Perhaps in all of this madness she had found a kindred spirit?

The idea was a terribly frightening one, but she wanted to chase it. She had to know more about this man, this enigma that vexed and aided her. And I need to find why he knows so much of me so well, she thought as the tears finally quieted.

And I have no desire to return home to Sakura and Shirou right now, she thought. There would have been a time where she would have batted away Gilgamesh’s advances as if they were for naught. Now . . . Saber clinched her teeth at the near violation as she felt her knees quake.

Could I have ran away? I could have been able to escape him without a battle. But he could have easily found out where I lived and killed Sakura and Shirou in the process simply to get to me.

Saber’s head spun as she stepped away from Archer. Each breath was rushing out of her lungs, faster and faster as her stomach clinched in the same erratic rhythm. Her body was trembling like a leaf as what felt like ice was rushing through her veins. The world spun around her, faster and faster.

“Saber, breathe,” an urgent voice called distantly for her. The mantra was repeated two, maybe three times, but she could barely register it. Her eyes burned as she felt hot bile ripple up her throat.

“Arturia Pendragon.” The voice was rough and steel laden, a name she had not called herself in quite some time. Her breath almost settled down immediately in a different sort of shock as she looked up into eyes like forge smoke.

Did I just hear . . .

Those large hands rested on her shoulders again as Archer said, “Saber, breathe. In and out. Slowly.”

Saber took a deep breath of air and let it out. The gnawing, twisting feeling in her stomach was starting to quell and the bile was swallowed back. Her eyes were burning as she looked up into those steel colored eyes, and her shoulders slumped under his grasp. Archer sighed, his own body slumping as he clutched her shoulders with surprising gentleness.

“You were hyperventilating,” he said with a shake of his head.

She swallowed and said, “I apologize, I don’t know what happened . . . I should not have let my emotions overcome me like that.”

The words were instinctive and they had left her lips before she could register them. Pain radiated as her teeth sank into her bottom lip before worrying on it ever so slightly. Automatically she looked away and Archer sighed before moving one hand from her shoulder to the top of her head. Blinking, she looked up at the other knight and saw something infinitely sad in those forge smoke eyes of his.

Her own eyes closed as she said, “You understand.”

“Yes,” he said, the response barely above a whisper.

She turned her head away, bit her lip again, opened her eyes, and turned back to face him. She looked up at him and said, “I hate this, Archer.”

“I can call Sakura, let her know that you’re with me tonight,” Archer said, “I promise I won’t tell them what happened.”

She nodded and said, “Thank you, they should not have the burden of needlessly worrying themselves about me.”

“They worry about you because they care about you,” Archer said as he reached down for her duffel bag with her uniform inside.

Saber’s eyes widened as she reached for the bag. She said, “I assure you I am well enough to carry this.”

He might see what’s inside. He’ll know what I’ve been doing. I don’t want him to know this.

A crooked smile graced Archer’s lips as he said, “Saber, I know you’ve been working at the Glass Slipper.”

Damn. She gritted her teeth, nodded, and looked away. She said, “I needed to do something to help Shirou and Sakura instead of being a parasitic burden.”

“And that’s the only job you could have gotten,” Archer said with a sigh.

Saber nodded and said, “Yes. I look like a high school student with no experience other than the battle field.”

“Well, we’ll talk about that later. I can wash your clothes, let you borrow something of mine, and cook some dinner,” Archer said as he gestured for her to come with him.

Her chest tightened and she looked down as heat flooded her cheeks. She said, “I attempted to kill you.”

“So, lots of people have attempted to kill me and some succeeded. Doesn’t mean I’m going to hold a grudge,” Archer said with that same half grin, “Well, for Lancer I’ll make an exception.”

Saber felt her lips quirk up at that as some of the pressure in her chest relieved itself. She said, “I will repay your kindness.”

Archer nodded as he led the way to his apartment. As they walked in a strangely comfortable silence, Saber wondered if she was doing the right thing. After all, Gilgamesh had tried to violate her, but with Archer there was no fear.

Saber narrowed her eyes as the red clad knight was walking on the Shadow, the same thing that had taken her and was responsible for her current state. Even Assassin gave the Shadow wide berth, but Archer walked on it without reservation. Either he was insanely brave, insanely stupid, or . . .

He felt off.

He did not have the presence that she, Lancer, or any of the other Servants of the Fourth War had. He was quieter, almost like the calm before a storm, or the restless spirits who wandered the trees around Ilyasviel’s castle.

She even mentioned this to him, and he only all but laughed it off despite his impossible situation.

“I’ll get you some clothing,” Archer said, disappearing.

Saber stood in his immaculate kitchen, then again from what little she’d seen in the building that was both his shop and home had been pristine. Stainless steel appliances gleamed under the lamp lights and the floor was so polished it shone as well, and the faint smells of oranges and lemons filled the air. She clutched her bag as she felt her heart thundering in her chest.

She shook her head at the memory in her head. It only filled her with more desperate questions about the man who had invited her into her home. The same man who comforted her when she had denied it for so long. Yet Archer was not pushing her, not forcing her to talk as Sakura once had.

“They’ll be really big on you, but I think this’ll work,” Archer’s voice rang out as he emerged from what had to be his bedroom. He had a neatly folded pile of clothing in his arms that he presented to Saber.

The smell of fresh laundry filled her nostrils as she took the clothing in her hands. He said, “I can go ahead and take care of your uniform and if you drop your clothing outside the bathroom door I’ll grab it once you’re in the shower.”

“Thank you, Archer,” Saber said as he took the duffel bag. Again, her cheeks were burning as she took the clothing. She swallowed and asked, “And where is the washroom?”

Archer tilted his head and answered, “Down the hallway on the left.”

She nodded her thanks before rushing off in that direction. Once she was alone in the bathroom, also in pristine condition and awash in deep blue and soft grey, she pressed her back against the door. She tilted her head back, leaning it against the heavy wood as she rested his clothing on the sink.

There were clean towels hanging up for her, and the toiletries were already arranged on the tub’s side. And like the rest of Archer’s dwelling none of it spoke of him. Like Shirou’s home, she realized. Her eyes widened as she wondered if she would go down to his shop and actually see something of the real man, not the caregiver who kept everything immaculate.

She quickly stripped and left her clothing outside like Archer had asked. The shower was quick despite the urge to fill the tub and soak forever. She knew it would be unfair to take such luxury in Archer’s home. In fact, she hadn’t had a true bath for quite some time and had simply gotten use to the shower despite the yearning for such a simple comfort over the modern convenience.

Golden hair was quickly combed and she neglected putting in her usual bun and simply plaited it. It fell longer than before, grazing her shoulder blades now instead of her shoulders. Then she dressed in the clothing Archer had provided. The T-shirt hit her knees and his shorts fell at her ankles. Luckily the shorts had a draw string so she could draw them tight around her own waist so they were not falling off of her.

Then she took a deep breath and prepared to face Archer and the world again.