View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1040 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 4054094099010301035103810391040104110421045105010901140 ... LastLast
Results 20,781 to 20,800 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Banned
    I'm glad brexit was about economics and definitely not racism

Blog Entries

burn out btfo!!
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by 2Bad View Post
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7929561.html

The Poles are really hoping they can get the EU to strangle them.
    I don't think they'll ever get tired of warming that up without actually going through with it. Mostlikely because deep down they know that they don't have a chance but it's useful as an internal stabilizer

This is true of most of the East bloc satellites, but Poland is easily the worst about it, what was its desire to be an authoritarian, theocratic ethnostate and all.
    Did you forget Hungary?
    Aus Feuer ward der Geist geschaffen,
    drum schenkt mir süßes Feuer ein!
    Die Lust der Lieder und der Waffen,
    die Lust der Liebe schenkt mir ein,
    der Trauben süßes Sonnenblut,
    das Wunder glaubt und Wunder thut!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Elthanes View Post
    Did you forget Hungary?
    No. It's a very close 2nd place.

You know I find it immensely amusing how you're calling Poland, out of everyone, an 'East bloc satellite'.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    You know I find it immensely amusing how you're calling Poland, out of everyone, an 'East bloc satellite'.
    ...Because it objectively was one? Poland, the GDR, Hungary, etc? The old East Bloc satellites. What argument are you trying to make?

e: unless you thought I was suggesting they are STILL satellites, instead of simply using a blanket designation for the group
    Last edited by 2Bad; September 5th, 2017 at 08:15 PM.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    East bloc is outdated, we have the CISterhood now.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    East bloc is outdated, we have the CISterhood now.
    Well that's a matter of the former REPUBLICS, which is a different issue altogether (mind, it doesn't even encompass all of those but again, different issue).

...Because it objectively was one? Poland, the GDR, Hungary, etc? The old East Bloc satellites. What argument are you trying to make?

e: unless you thought I was suggesting they are STILL satellites, instead of simply using a blanket designation for the group
    Both Poland and Hungary were, as you're aware I'm sure, quite powerful players on european soil for literal centuries before the Eastern bloc, or the concept of Eastern Europe for that matter, were even a thing.

The point I'm trying to make is that orientalizing eastern European countries in Year of Our Lord 2017, when the USA is more a Russian vassal than any European country, comes off as ignorant.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Maybe this will solve the issue with Poland at the same time. A million suddenly displaced Poles probably wouldn't be too keen on voting for the same groups that got them deported.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Both Poland and Hungary were, as you're aware I'm sure, quite powerful players on european soil for literal centuries before the Eastern bloc, or the concept of Eastern Europe for that matter, were even a thing.

The point I'm trying to make is that orientalizing eastern European countries in Year of Our Lord 2017, when the USA is more a Russian vassal than any European country, comes off as ignorant.
    These points are nonsense though. We're talking about their modern economic and political situations. Those are DEFINED by their past as Soviet vassals and their touch-and-go relations with the West post-1989, not any long lost cultural memories of the commonwealth or the empire. The idiot in Washington has no relevance to Western-Former Satellite relations and is an irrelevant point.

E: In fact in Poland's case in particular much of the nationalist constructed identity exists as an explicit rejection of the Polish past as a power player, because the notion of the Poles as victims is so central to it.
    Last edited by 2Bad; September 5th, 2017 at 08:54 PM.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    E: In fact in Poland's case in particular much of the national identity exists as an explicit rejection of the Polish past as a power player, because the notion of the Poles as victims is so central to it.
    I haven't heard anything resembling this from any Polish person I've ever known. Or even in Poland, for that matter.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    I haven't heard anything resembling this from any Polish person I've ever known. Or even in Poland, for that matter.
    A rephrasing: it's the byline of Polish NATIONALISTS. Which is relevant, because that's what the government currently is.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    So America's national identity is Trump now?
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    It can be?

like it or not, our country's reputation is a big part contingent on current administration policies let alone persona

Blog Entries
    Which is maybe why N. Korea is suddenly so bold. They must have think America is a joke now since they pick a clown as their president.

These points are nonsense though. We're talking about their modern economic and political situations. Those are DEFINED by their past as Soviet vassals and their touch-and-go relations with the West post-1989, not any long lost cultural memories of the commonwealth or the empire. The idiot in Washington has no relevance to Western-Former Satellite relations and is an irrelevant point.

E: In fact in Poland's case in particular much of the nationalist constructed identity exists as an explicit rejection of the Polish past as a power player, because the notion of the Poles as victims is so central to it.
    Among former soviet ruled nations you will find, if you look past often very bellitling and condescending coverage they get in western media of course, a WIDE variety of political, economical, and social situations. Using eastern bloc as a relevant blanket term serves no purpose but to perpetuate the same condescending rethoric in this case, it doesn't mean or explain anything else. I'd call that a nonsense personally.

Polish past as a power player is a historical fact. Poland getting the short stick in the 20th century is a historical fact. The latter happens to be more recent so of course it would resonate with people more.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    we do understand that this call for reparations is purely to rouse a nationalist anti-EU sentiment though right

like we didnt just forget that and leave that somewhere
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Calling out the fact that certain countries are often thrown into the same bag based on criteria with no root in current reality =/= supporting nationalism in Poland.

- - - Updated - - -

I would not say I fully support but I fully understand the anti-EU sentiment at least.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    sure sure i just dont want to let it go under in your reasonable fiscussion about reasonable things that these people are in fact insane
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute