Page 42 of 302 FirstFirst ... 32374041424344475292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by kay4today View Post
    (finally got around reading it and it's pretty awesome)
    Burn the heretic!
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    What, for being late? No.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nitewind View Post
    Burn the heretic!
    Brother nitewind, I already told you we don't burn people, we welcome them into our place of worship. Simply because they have been misguided in their past endeavors is no reason for them to burn in a pyre

Spoilered for your convenience

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Or he just knows that Sakura's vagina isn't the scary place everyone else thinks it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    A good box is like a good woman: thick, sturdy, and easy to get into.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Breasts aren't made of concrete. They do change shape- gravity, orientation, momentum.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I am thy lord thy canon pairing. Thou shalt not have any other pairings before me.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblueknighto View Post
    Horrible people don't like bacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Holy shit man you're magical.
    Words don't have genders you illiterate fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    I am 100% uncultured swine.
    We now live in a world where a Final Fantasy VII remake will exist before the Tsukihime remake.

lesbian witch from hell kay4today's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maybe one day I will be able to read Mozco's fics.

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven2785 View Post
    Brother nitewind, I already told you we don't burn people, we welcome them into our place of worship. Simply because they have been misguided in their past endeavors is no reason for them to burn in a pyre
    Also burning is so last century. Nowaday's we just fill heretics full of lead.
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Blog Entries
    New chapter of Neoalfa's Path of the King is delicious.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

Blog Entries
    Can I give a +1 to everything Mozco ever wrote?

Anyway...

+1 to Tainted Ideals: Interesting take on Shirou Kotomine (who is thankfully not obnoxiously overpowered) and how Sakura and Shinji might have turned out if there had never been a Shirou in their lives, among other things. It's a well-written story and Shirou's interactions with others are interesting to read. Granted, I dislike Assassin, but that isn't enough for me to not rec this fic by any means.

+1 to Remember: Archer being summoned by Tokiomi is a pretty interesting idea, and I think his interactions with other characters is the strongest point of this fic. Pretty interested in how he's going to handle Kotomine in the future and he actually makes good use of Zero!Assassin! Eh, the bits where he's trolling Saber uncomfortably reminded me of Fate Zero Sense, but it thankfully wasn't nearly as bad.

+1 to the Dear Tohsaka letter series: A pretty... sad take on post UBW. Made me get all emotional. D:<

-1 to The Trinity Series: While I think the author is a pretty capable writer (pretty damn good, even) and that the suspense is there, the bashing of Dumbledore and Ron has become unbearable to me.

-1 to Nerve Damage: Way too many characters (and I don't think anyone even died yet), Shirou in name only, stupid harem antics... and I don't really think the author understands how F/SN works. And there is also that one scene. You know the one. The literal food orgasm one. And sadly enough, it wasn't always just an Omake.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    I'd rather you didn't but it's moczo so eh.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    I'd rather you didn't but it's moczo so eh.
    I was half-joking anyway. XD

But more seriously, I've read: Sick Time, Importance of Proper Communication, Shinderella, Mirror Mirror and Mind of Aluminium

And I loved every single one of those fics. I'd give them all +1.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    Character bashing was, iirc, the reason I eventually dropped the series as well. My tolerance for character bashing in fanfiction started low and decreased rapidly.
    Sad to admit for me my tolerance for bashing was once high. Oh well at least I had the excuse of me being a stupid kid. Now it is quite low I am half proud to say.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    That Remember fic sounds interesting. It sounds kind of familiar too so I might have read it. Is there a link anywhere.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    That Remember fic sounds interesting. It sounds kind of familiar too so I might have read it. Is there a link anywhere.
    Inside the spoiler tags with all the recommendations in the first post in this thread; all the fics recommended have links.
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

Blog Entries
    A +1 to Bloodless Sins.

A good fiction... Sparse updating schedule, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kay4today View Post
    -1 to Nerve Damage: Way too many characters (and I don't think anyone even died yet), Shirou in name only, stupid harem antics... and I don't really think the author understands how F/SN works. And there is also that one scene. You know the one. The literal food orgasm one. And sadly enough, it wasn't always just an Omake.
    This. Is the same problem I have with not only Nerve Damage, but countless other fics.

'Shirou In Name Only'... could make a great Trope
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Here ya go
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InNameOnly

I'd like to add +1 to Path of the King, Eureka, and Tainted Ideals. All I think are great examples of how to write Shirou with a different servant and background.

Plant Angel From Venus Misheard's Avatar
    For Want Of A Relic by f0xh0undvix3n
    Summary: Kayneth Archibald El-Melloi's stolen relic was one shipped from Ireland rather than Macedonia. As a result, an inexperienced Master determined to prove himself and a desperate Servant seeking absolution share in a quest for victory and recognition.

Comments: Remember those Next Encounter matchups? This is a fic with those. Still in progress, this fic develops the match from their summoning to them starting to actually be able to communicate with each other. There's also cutaways to the success or utter lack thereof that the other Masters and Servants are having, everyone's in character despite what events change and what events don't.

Mini Nephthys on Archive of Our Own
    - where my actual good fics live.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Wait, wasn't Kiritsugu matched with Gilgamesh? My suspension of disbelief would need a pretty clever author to not call bullshit on anything but a flawless victory for that pair.

But since your suggestions that aren't wicked gay are usually things I like, a Kelnish will check it out!

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Either Gilgamesh will hate Kiritsugu because he will ignore him, or end up seeing another kind of Kotomine in him and love him.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    No, there are multiple pairs, although I only translated the names of some of them. You can even do Sola-Ui and Gilgamesh or Illya and Caster if that's what you want.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Either Gilgamesh will hate Kiritsugu because he will ignore him, or end up seeing another kind of Kotomine in him and love him.
    Former. Iri runs damage control.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reiu View Post
    No, there are multiple pairs, although I only translated the names of some of them. You can even do Sola-Ui and Gilgamesh or Illya and Caster if that's what you want.
    The fic in particular goes with those in the sample pic though.

Plant Angel From Venus Misheard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    Wait, wasn't Kiritsugu matched with Gilgamesh? My suspension of disbelief would need a pretty clever author to not call bullshit on anything but a flawless victory for that pair.

But since your suggestions that aren't wicked gay are usually things I like, a Kelnish will check it out!
    Well, so far they're at an acceptable level of being really badass individually but failing to get along and leaving Irisviel to do damage control, I think.

Awwww, you make it sound like my suggestions are always wicked gay. ...Which is a phrase I like, I'm going to steal that. But I do try to keep my fujoshi squeeing to an absolute minimum on Beast's Lair.

Mini Nephthys on Archive of Our Own
    - where my actual good fics live.