Page 86 of 302 FirstFirst ... 36768184858687889196136186 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Getting real tired of authors who miss the point that members of the Berserker class are meant to be snarling facerolling rapemachines. If you want to use another class for actual characterization, don't use the one that canonically says "fuck off" to that notion.
    To be fair, it is canon that there are Servants that can shug the snarling. By example Sparthacus. Yeah, he is still unreasonable to the point that you can't control him, but he can speak and all that, so it's not that unbelievable.

That said... fuck that, I retire my +1. I got pissed at the super butler, and after reading you guys, I'm even more pissed.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    "EX" doesn't just mean "stronger than A." It's more to the idea of "cannot be measured normally." So Spartacus is just as berserk and psychotic as every other Berserker. He simply has the luxury of speech.

Still, it's entirely possible that a Berserker could have moments of lucidity if the Master isn't deliberately suppressing his sanity a la Illya or the Servant is keeping himself in the Mad Enhancement state. A more conventional Berserker might go ME at the Master's order and lapse back into lucidity when out of combat.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    No, EX really is "off the scale". Lots of people smacked I3uster for misleading them with the pineapple/10 thing.

Blog Entries
    Imperial didn't say 'not', but 'not just'.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    "EX" doesn't just mean "stronger than A." It's more to the idea of "cannot be measured normally." So Spartacus is just as berserk and psychotic as every other Berserker. He simply has the luxury of speech.

Still, it's entirely possible that a Berserker could have moments of lucidity if the Master isn't deliberately suppressing his sanity a la Illya or the Servant is keeping himself in the Mad Enhancement state. A more conventional Berserker might go ME at the Master's order and lapse back into lucidity when out of combat.
    I admit I'm going by the TMwiki, so I take this with a grain of salt, but it says that he can talk, but he is unreasonable to the point that he does what he wants, making him completely uncontrolable.

That said, what Mordred Berserker does in that fic isn't being completely unreasonable but being able to talk, or even being completely mad in combat and just barely sane or not completely insane out of combate. She is just a sad and angry girl outside of combat, and angry and bloodlusted raep machine in combat. Take in mind I didn't say the word insane in any circunstance.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

US Friend Code
    -1 to Clarent Blood Arthur
    The thought of a Butler of the Einzberns can hold off Archer is......

Blog Entries
    Ever since that last chapter I've been trying to point out where that fic went wrong, but failed to write anything but unintelligible fury. Thanks to Imperial, I don't have to do.

-1 to Clarent Blood Arthur. A pity, since Apocrypha's the only other fanfic with Mordred I know of, but eh.

Blog Entries
    It doesn't help that kingofbeasts has his Walter C. Dornez clone answer reviews at the end of chapters, or at least chapter 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    It doesn't help that kingofbeasts has his Walter C. Dornez clone answer reviews at the end of chapters, or at least chapter 4.
    ...yeah, like that isn't an obvious sign of too much misplaced favour.
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    +1 to Postnupital Disagreements by Zalgo Jenkins

I've been giving this one a miss because it was OC centric but I finally read it today and it was simply awesome. Also the fact that he didn't go for a super happy ending was good as well.

Not entirely sure if this is the thread for it, but Path of the King updated. Ch.25, 'Isn't it Sad?'
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by VelspertheCat View Post
    “Reincarnate into a cooler cat. Maybe I'll give a damn then.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    "Live Slow, Die Whenever."
    Quote Originally Posted by kay4today View Post
    If I got a cent everytime I read "Mou~" in a Nanoha fic, I could buy a yacht and laugh at poor people.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStorm666 View Post
    +1 to Postnupital Disagreements by Zalgo Jenkins

I've been giving this one a miss because it was OC centric but I finally read it today and it was simply awesome. Also the fact that he didn't go for a super happy ending was good as well.
    Morally ambiguous main characters is another plus.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Olive View Post
    Not entirely sure if this is the thread for it, but Path of the King updated. Ch.25, 'Isn't it Sad?'
    Right, I still have that fic on recommendation. Kyte please remove my +1, that one has been shitty for a while.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive View Post
    Not entirely sure if this is the thread for it, but Path of the King...
    I haven't read this before, but I'm taking a look into it out of curiosity.
    The first thing that strikes me as wrong is the concept of Shirou cheating and the second is Shirou discovering a "foreign object embedded within his body", obviously Avalon, at nine-years old. And ugh the mix of Japanese words and phrases when there is absolutely not need to use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapter 11
    He was a swordsman, a fighter. The battle in front of him was all he cared for. Archer, however, was different. The battlefield was a means to an end: important, but not necessary. He looked beyond his foe and grasped victory from the clutches of certain defeat.
    Like a general would. Like a King would.
    I'd say this is trying too hard.
    "I'm sorry," he muttered loud enough for the creature to hear, though there was no chance it could comprehend his words or his feelings. "Please, find salvation in death."
    I suppose this is decently to spot-on in character, especially with the chimera apparently being made from humans as well. Possibly.

I honestly like the chosen interaction between Shirou and Caster in this. It feels genuine so far. The whole "magi are alien to technology" thing is a little bit annoying, but actually understandable in Caster's case, though I'm not sure if I buy the "Grail is older than certain technology so it doesn't provide that information".
    Shirou getting dream sequence quoted from a particularly good Caster doujin was rather nice, especially the mention of a blade, though cheapened in the same way. XP

Without going further into the fanfic - I'm at chapter 19 as of this post, I have to say that I'll give Path of the King a recommendation because of its potential, at the very least.
    It has flaws, yes, and I'm disappointed by the "/multi" in the title and a host of other things, but it still has potential and fairly good character growth - while remaining reasonably in-character - for Shirou and Caster.

[edit]
    Having gotten to chapter 22, I do have to say that things I see as flaws are popping up. Sadly.
    Last edited by Lycodrake; July 26th, 2013 at 04:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

I happen to be an expert on this topic Pata Hikari's Avatar
    Don't take Path of the King too seriously it basically makes FSN into a Superhero comic which is fun so just fist pump as Shirou becomes Magus Batman with his Christmas Cake sidekick.
    Fate/Stay Night: Life is an Endless Dream Chapter 12: Settling into place
    Tsukihime: Role Revert Part 10: Were you here the whole time?
    Fate + Tsuki: Slayer/Savior Part 1: Forge/Assassin
    Pata Hikari's Tsukihime Short stories: Lastest story: A Midnight Dreary

If i'm remembering right the multi tag in Path of the king was explained by the author (over at spacebattles) as Shirou having more than one girl in his life over time not him having a harem.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I remember this being a debate.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Quote Originally Posted by core_88 View Post
    If i'm remembering right the multi tag in Path of the king was explained by the author (over at spacebattles) as Shirou having more than one girl in his life over time not him having a harem.
    Nope, he was just trolling.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    I remove my recommendation for both Path of the King and Promises of a Wandering Hero.

I've pretty much given up on fanfics in general at this point.