Page 240 of 302 FirstFirst ... 140190230235238239240241242245250290 ... LastLast
Results 4,781 to 4,800 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

Blog Entries
    Just click on the links to find out?
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Genre is one of those things you should probably be able to get from reading the blurb--which is also on the rec side, so blame the people who rec it or the authors like me that are lazy about summaries. Chapters is pretty irrelevant when we know they're either something you gotta really sit down for or something you can easily eat up in one sitting. And complete/incomplete might be annoying for the longer fics where that can change.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spamholderman View Post
    Just a UI criticism, could we get the stories marked with [Complete] or [Incomplete], number of chapters, and/or genre?
    I'm not checking every fic every time to know whether they're done or not. If someone wants to contribute that information I'll gladly add it. (I have indeed marked some fics as complete) You should be assuming incomplete unless told otherwise, anyways. (For long stories at least. Short stories tend to be one-shots)

The other two, just plain no. Genre's too nebulous and it's already hard enough to classify'em as long story or short story.
    Last edited by Kyte; March 27th, 2014 at 07:49 AM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    +1 to Fight/Knight. The boxing matches are gripping and draw you into their flow. The relationships between characters well reflect the differences caused by the setting. The interpretation of each character and how they fight into boxing is a particular strength and draw of this fic; even at three chapters this story is well developed and worth a recommendation.

+1 to Savior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

+1 to Jokin' Zouken. Because.
    Hamburgers.
    (I have a tendency of not finishing things I've started.)
    I hang out alot at my own Discord server, though there isn't really much activity in there. The Art Haus Chatterbox! Accepting commissions. Do you want some art done, and do you want it done for cheap? PM me, man, and we can talk. Currently not taking any commissions, sorry!

Blog Entries
    Kyte, I think you mentioned that you could add a completed note if a story was finished?

Because From the Azure to Zero is.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Righto

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Miscellaneous thought, but how long should you wait before reccing a fic? I'm saying this because there's one fic I might rec, but it's only three chapters in and hasn't had any fight scenes yet, so I'm not sure if it's too early.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    6000+ words sound good for a long fic, I guess.

You can always derec if it turns out the fights sucks or the story goes full stupid.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Isn't 6,000 words usually just one or two chapters? I'd wait until at least 3 to 5.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    It's a good idea to always rec promising fics. This draws in new readers and helps gather more opinions early. It's also easy to withdraw or change a rec afterwards, so no hesitation required.

Blog Entries
    If you feel a fic deserves a recommendation after one or two chapters, odds are good it's doing something right.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Miscellaneous thought, but how long should you wait before reccing a fic? I'm saying this because there's one fic I might rec, but it's only three chapters in and hasn't had any fight scenes yet, so I'm not sure if it's too early.
    There's no guideline for it. I supported Saturday Morning Grail War at just two chapters.

There's something to be said for stories that have already proven themselves with several strong chapters and a clear sense that the author knows what he's doing, but Bloble makes a good point about drumming up interest in something with potential.

Now that you've brought it up, I'm curious to see what this three-chapter story has to offer.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The thing is, it does have noticeable flaws, especially in the first chapter. It's just that I liked it despite that, but I think those flaws might bother some people quite a bit more than they bother me.

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

In that case, if you rec it then other people will be able to provide their opinions. If they think its bad, then they can say so. Everybody benefits really.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Welp. Here goes.

+1 Servant of Zero, by Mazuku Torai'nu.

Basically, it's a FSN/ZnT cross where Louise summons Archer. As in, the actual Counter Guardian this time. Weirdly enough, despite the premise of the original fic, there haven't been many starring actual vanilla Archer.

Is it perfect? No. There are slips of grammar here and there, occasional "extrapolations" from canon, and yet it avoids quite a few of the pitfalls that most GB-inspired fics tend to fall into. There are no huge infodumps, Archer isn't depicted as super!bloodthirsty!Future Harlequin Romance Novel lead, and as far as I can tell, the characterization is quite consistent with canon. Plus, the author seems to know where he's going with it, and is aware of the pitfalls.

For me, it's a fun story. The character interactions are entertaining and realistic, Louise is more than just VIOLENT RAGE TSUN GRAAHH, and Archer is calm, analytic, and not the sociopath people tend to twist Shirou and his variants into.

Plus, I have a soft spot for Archer fics, but that's just me.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Archer is calm, analytic, and not the sociopath people tend to twist Future Harlequin Romance Novel lead and his variants into.
    You mean how the character is supposed to be? Color me pleasantly shocked.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    +1 to A Clock Tower Affair, by Bloble. In case there isn't a summary of it yet, it's a crack fic take on Rin's time as a student at the Clock Tower. The Affair may or may not have happened yet with Waver's wife.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Elf, dealing fanfic crack for Beast Lair since 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    Elf: Crack Dealer. Story at eleven.
    'Fae is Foul' - My SAO/ZnT Crossover fanfic (SB Thread) (FFN Link)

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Welp. Here goes.+1 Servant of Zero, by Mazuku Torai'nu..
    I just finished reading it, so far it appears to be fairly interesting but I am going to wait until it has a few more chapters before I make my final decision.

Blog Entries
    + 1 to The Wagtail's Cuckoo by Syroc
    Quote Originally Posted by Syroc's summary from FF.net
    The night after that fateful fire, things didn't exactly happen as they should have. Future Harlequin Romance Novel lead was more gravely wounded. Avalon didn't work as fast. Squall from Final Fantasy VIII panicked, and brought him to the leading medical firm in the world: MBI. And then things happened.
    An interesting "what if Future Harlequin Romance Novel lead was raised by X" and Sekirei crossover that I have among my favorites that explores the common premise with an original (afaik) twist. Syroc was/is an acquaintance/friend of mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT