Page 25 of 158 FirstFirst ... 15202324252627303575125 ... LastLast

Thread: TM Fanfics Index: Recommendations & Discussion. Updates never

Who stole my donuts!? Leo Novum's Avatar
    +1 to The Extraordinary Life of Matou Shinji. That stuff's good.
    If I'm an unknown being, then the way I can change is unknown, too…
    So all I have to do… is make them not-unknown.
    - Teddie, Perona 4

Spoiler:

Say what again, I dare you!

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    +1 to The Extraordinary Life of Matou Shinji.

The Grail War as seen through Shiji-tinted glasses. Or at least the prologue. Including Shiji's thoughts on Archery (I'm definatly the captain), Zouken (99% supervillian), Tohsaka (So into me), magi (Constantly searching for some library) and many more.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    +0. I didn't find it that funny, and the jokes were basically exactly as you'd expect them to be. Maybe you'll like it, maybe you won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    +1 to
    The Extraordinary Life of Matou Shinji

A nice snippet of what a theoretical autobiography by Shinji might read like. The humour is fresh, Shinji is Shinji doing Shinji things, and the whole thing has this casual sort of atmosphere that can only be imparted by a magnificent bastard downplaying everything not relevant to his greatness. The only flaw is that it ends far too quickly.
    Link

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    +1 to Before the Eye of God by Siriel.

Douglas Williams is a hardboiled detective in Portland, Maine and the primary investigator involved in a nasty pair of ritualistic murders committed with copper stakes. With nothing but his wit, his partner-in-being-hilarious-halfjerk cops Jon and the enigmatic Second Owner of the city, Leonard Conroy, who has a bad habit of hypnotizing Douglas to get information for his private investigations, our brave coffee critic tries to solve the crime of the murders that have clear links to the supernatural, the world Douglas is entirely unfamiliar with, which his pestering Magus "friend" is the supreme authority of in the area.

It's a detective fic of an entirely OC characters in a Nasu setting, with little to no actual magic. It's a perfect mix of humor and seriousness, and entirely compensates for the usually quantity-lacking humor in Siriel's other works. Douglas is, so far, one of those characters who despite being pretty simple in being your run-of-the-mill snarky detective is extremely compelling, and Conroy, despite less screentime is also quite interesting. The story, despite only having nine chapters so far and seeming to be on a small hiatus (Siriel pls continuerino), shows amazing promise. Definite reccomendation from here.

Blog Entries
    +1 to before the eye of god

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    SINIB is already a fan of the best whore. Well, she's not a whore per se, but I have it on good authority that she moves like an experienced prostitute.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    With nothing but his wit, his partner-in-being-hilarious-halfjerk cops Jon and the enigmatic Second Owner of the city, Leonard Conroy, who has a bad habit of hypnotizing Douglas to get information for his private investigations, our brave coffee critic tries to solve the crime of the murders that have clear links to the supernatural, the world Douglas is entirely unfamiliar with, which his pestering Magus "friend" is the supreme authority of in the area.
    This is a very long, comma filled sentence.

But yeah, I second the +1.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    This is a very long, comma filled sentence.

But yeah, I second the +1.
    I suffer from commaitis. Its a cruel mistress.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I only noticed it because I have to go back and rewrite sentences a lot because they end up filled with 500 commas because it sounds more natural when spoken that way.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    I only noticed it because I have to go back and rewrite sentences a lot because they end up filled with 500 commas because it sounds more natural when spoken that way.
    I thought I was alone in this!

Fanart is just another form of Fanfic Fan_Fic_Reader's Avatar
    +1 to The World Without, by Lunaludus Scribex

As much I hate what happened to Shirou and Taiga, the story is very thrilling to read. Plus it gives a good way for Shirou to have a Illya route(Other than the much safer fanfic for Shirou, Chaos Theory) since Shirou learns the harsh truth from Illya's backstory and pain, on the plus side Illya learns Shirou's life. The characters are in character, having good reasons why they act that way.
    https://allthetropes.orain.org/wiki/...ht/Fanfic_Recs
    Has more reviews.
    Last edited by Fan_Fic_Reader; December 3rd, 2014 at 10:49 PM.
    Funny Gif

Favorite Nasuverse Quote

I found these two from Tumblr
    Ufotable vs Visual Novel

Fanart is just another form of Fanfic Fan_Fic_Reader's Avatar
    +1 to Just An Unorthodox Thief by The Infamous Man
    Funny Gif

Favorite Nasuverse Quote

I found these two from Tumblr
    Ufotable vs Visual Novel

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fan_Fic_Reader View Post
    +1 to Just An Unorthodox Thief by The Infamous Man
    I think that's the first rec for it, unless it's in the short story section for some reason.

You'll need a summary and a link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    Thanks for the rec though!
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

It's the first rec? WHAT

Write a synopsis so I can +1 it.

I'd recommend A Magus in Aincrad, but how many chapters should a fic have before it should be at least presentable? Because it's very recent.
    Hamburgers.
    (I have a tendency of not finishing things I've started.)
    I hang out alot at my own Discord server, though there isn't really much activity in there. The Art Haus Chatterbox! Accepting commissions. Do you want some art done, and do you want it done for cheap? PM me, man, and we can talk. Currently not taking any commissions, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Phearo View Post
    I'd recommend A Magus in Aincrad, but how many chapters should a fic have before it should be at least presentable? Because it's very recent.
    Doesn't matter. If you think it's rec-worthy, rec it. You can always derec it later if it becomes an unholy monstrosity that threatens to consume all that is living.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    I think that's the first rec for it, unless it's in the short story section for some reason.

You'll need a summary and a link.
    Wow, I had no idea it hadn't been recced yet or I would've done it ages ago.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phearo View Post
    It doesn't matter.

I've recced stories as early as their second chapter. By the same token, I once recommended something at eight chapters that I later regretted once it went in a direction I disliked.

Edit: Well, it's a Sword Art Online crossover. That's something I'm never reading.
    Last edited by Imperial; December 4th, 2014 at 04:37 PM.