Page 75 of 131 FirstFirst ... 25657073747576778085125 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 2614

Thread: That Ever Illusive Utopia

What are you looking at? Fantabulous's Avatar
    She can still get better :-/.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantabulous View Post
    She can still get better :-/.
    I don't know how she'll do that though...

What are you looking at? Fantabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    I don't know how she'll do that though...
    Magic, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantabulous View Post
    Magic, obviously.
    But she's gone 4eva. The Greater Grail, too.

夜魔 Nightmare
    Even stronger magic?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Eveonder's Avatar
    ... get better from being dead? Not that it's new but being dead is more often than not permanent.
    Fate is fickle and Irony is a driving force of the world.

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar
    Time magic it always time magicks. Did you not play Chrono trigger/cross?
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

Blog Entries
    Chapter Seventeen

New Unexpected and Uncertan Feelings

Saber stepped into the apartment and breathed in the scent of well cooked vegetables, meat, and rice. There were enough savory spices to tickle her nose tantalizingly without being overwhelming, but she would not expect anything less from Archer’s cooking. Teeth gently worried their bottom lip as the petite young woman started up the wooden steps. Archer’s presence behind her was a large, warm, and welcome thing, almost surrounding her due to his sheer size.

She lifted her head as she walked to his actual apartment and he opened the door. More golden light washed over her as well as the cool air that seemingly followed Archer wherever he went, despite his body being so warm. She twisted her hands around the straps of her bag and looked up at him.

“Here, you can sit it by the couch,” Archer said as he gestured to the couch where she had found him sleeping the last time she had been here. Nodding, the blond walked over and set her bag down. Her heart was racing, but she felt oddly light at the same time instead of weighted down as she had before.

She tucked a lock of loose hair behind her ear and said, “Thank you, and thank you for inviting me to dinner.”

“I appreciate the company,” Archer said with that half smile that was becoming all too familiar to her.

She returned it and replied, “So do I.” She looked down as he moved to his kitchen before following him. She swallowed and said, “I can speak freely around you and I find your company . . . refreshing.”

“Funny, I can say the same thing,” Archer said with a smile as he started to plate the food he had care stakingly prepared. He said, “I like being around you too.”

Heat rushed into her cheeks as she felt herself surrounded by a warmth that made her very fingers and toes tingle. She swallowed and asked, “Do you need any aid? I confess I do not know my way around a kitchen, but I believe I can be instructed.”

“So, you’re wanting cooking lessons too then?” Archer asked with a smirk and raised eyebrows.

If it allows me to spend more time with you, then yes I would, she thought before answering, “It would be a useful skill for me to learn.”

“True, but I enjoy cooking for others. Since Rin’s gone I don’t have an excuse to indulge my culinary side,” Archer said before handing her a plate.

Rin. Saber swallowed as she took her plate heaped with stir fry, rice, and large, perfectly cooked pieces of white chicken. Tohsaka Rin had been Archer’s former Master and was Sakura’s sister, but despite the blood relation towards the girl, Saber had seen her closer with Archer. So close it made her wonder if they were lovers, not that she would begrudge Rin that if they were.

However, if they are lovers why did he not follow her to London to study? Saber thought, Maybe he fell out of grace with her or . . . maybe they are not as intimate as I thought. Which is odd. Rin is beautiful, strong, and intelligent. There is no reason for Archer not to be interested in her as a lover, plus they had a close bond as Master and Servant. He even died for her.

Saber nodded and said, “You miss her. You two are quite close.”

“Of course, she’s like family,” Archer said softly.

She looked up at that with wide eyes as the lightness hit her again. She is like family to him. She’s not his lover! She had no idea why, but that realization made Saber quite happy as she sat down.

He sat down as well and said, “I shouldn’t have said that.”

“Why not? It is the truth,” Saber said as she took her chopsticks in hand.

He shook his head and said, “Never mind.”

“I have enough of Shirou and Sakura walking over eggshells for my benefit and I have to deal with Rider’s callousness, but I’d rather you treat me with your usual frankness,” Saber said before eating the first bite of meat.

Archer grinned and replied, “Well, I’m not going to be easy to work for.”

Saber felt her toes curl in her tennis shoes at the first bite. At the second she was all but purring in bliss as she savored his ability to prepare food and craft wondrous flavors together. She replied, “I didn’t think so, but . . . I cannot work at the Glass Slipper anymore.”

“What happened?” Archer asked as he poured them each a glass of iced tea.

Saber shook her head and said, “It is of little matter.”

“Did you almost stab some punk for trying to feel you up with a butter knife?” Archer asked with a chuckle.

Saber met his eyes across the table and said, “The thought crossed my mind explicitly. Instead I used words to dissuade him.” I wanted to stab him. I almost did, I almost gave into that anger.

Archer smiled and said, “Good.”

“Good? I could have killed him,” Saber said with a slow blink.

Archer nodded and said, “But you didn’t, however you realized that you didn’t have to take him trying to molest you.”

“His touch made my skin crawl,” Saber said, “And . . . I cannot work in a place so meaningless. No one takes pride in their work, not like you do, and if I can help you in your duties to Oversee the city I will gladly do so. After all, I owe you for your aid.”

“Saber, I didn’t help you because I wanted you to owe me something. I helped you . . . well, because I’m an idiot who doesn’t like to see girls cry,” Archer replied.

She ate another bite before pushing her chopsticks idly across the plate. She said, “I never really had a chance to ‘be a girl’. My duties never allowed it.”

“Well, if you have a second chance now,” Archer said with a soft smile.

Would I be the sort of girl to take your notice? Saber thought as Asuka’s words rang in her ears. She flushed at the thought and shook her head at the ridiculous notion. Then she said, “I need to accept this life, like you and Rider have. I do not know if I can thrive, but I would rather live than simply exist.”

Archer almost cheered at Saber’s declaration. It wasn’t enough to have him go run and get Excalibur and Avalon for her, but it was heartening enough to see Saber here talking to him with a bit of her spark back. Her emerald eyes were gleaming instead of dull and lifeless, and there was the slightest flush on her cheeks. Food was forgotten as he just stared at her, taking in the flawlessness of her skin, the pale gold of her hair, and those large eyes.

He noticed that her face wasn’t as baby round anymore either and that she was maturing without Avalon’s influence. Yet she was still such a small thing, as if he’d blink and she’d vanish in a beam of moonlight to dance in a circle of stones. The urge to pull her hair free of its pony tail was hard to ignore, and he wanted to see how long the golden silk was now. He could reach across the table and touch her face with his fingertips, but he dared not.

“I cursed you when you brought me out of that cave,” Saber said in a soft voice with a shake of her head, “I thought that if you wanted to be kind that you would have just let me die there.”

Archer said, “I was being selfish. I didn’t want you to die. I had to save you.”

“Of course. Because that is what you do. You help others and it is admirable,” Saber said with a smile, “I wish I would have known you in my life. I would have made you one of my knights.”

Archer swallowed and kept his voice light when he asked, “You had knights?”

“Yes, and a Round Table, but I doubt you would believe who I was considering my stature and gender,” Saber said with a smile that was tight around the edges.

His chest tightened as he nodded, wanting her to hear the words. Knowing that if she confessed it would free her even more. Chopsticks tapped against an empty plate and she said, “My name in life was Arturia Pendragon. You would know me as King Arthur.”

Blood was roaring in his ears as she looked up at him and continued, “I . . . thought you should know. Considering all you have done for me, the least I could do is offer that information of myself.”

“You wanted to change who pulled out the sword from the stone,” Archer said.

Saber nodded and said, “Yes, I did, but now I know I was on a fool’s errand.”

“You can come to terms with who you were forced to be and maybe find out who the real you is,” Archer said as he found his hand reaching across the table.

Her skin was like silk under his finger tips and porcelain fine. Emerald eyes widened but did not stray from his as there was a soft clatter before her fingers intertwined with his. They sat like that for countless moments, just holding the other’s hand. Until Saber stood up from the table, but she did not let go of his hand.

He released her fingers and pulled his hand back, and Saber frowned slightly before holding the hand he had just been holding. She looked down at it then up at him with wide eyes. She tucked a lock of hair behind her ear and said, “I am putting in my two weeks’ notice tomorrow. I will able to work two weeks after that day. I . . . hope to see you before then.”

“Yeah, we’ll keep in touch,” Archer said awkwardly as he mentally kicked himself.

Then, with a smile, Saber gathered up her bag and left.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

SO. CUTE.

GO SEIBA!

I love this scene to pieces, I really do! I find it interesting that Archer is withholding Excalibur and Avalon from her. Is he waiting until he feels that she would feel worthy of them again?

If he takes he out to fight, I wonder if he would Trace a weapon for her? Giving her Caliburn may not be wise, and would be obvious besides but she'll need some kind of weapon. Even if all he does is make a very well made normal sword a Reinforces it beyond belief. If this Archer capable of altering the properties of mundane items? I would think he could if he could turn NPs into arrows.

Hmm. Calabolg as a weapon? Idle thought.

Also, for some reason the Archer said and Saber said interplaying jumped out at me. I normally read along and ignore it in this format. It's like every line with dialogue had said, replied, or asked in it. That's my only complaint though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Things are going too smoothly . . . I sense disaster on the horizon.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Also, for some reason the Archer said and Saber said interplaying jumped out at me. I normally read along and ignore it in this format. It's like every line with dialogue had said, replied, or asked in it. That's my only complaint though.
    Ironically, that's more technically correct now. I hated it myself, but I've read a lot of stuff on the subject and things like, "Sneered" "Sighed" "Laughed" etc shouldn't really be used in dialogue. Occasionally I still might use growl or hiss when going with a non human character, but yeah, it's technically more correct to just used said, asked, or replied.

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Ironically, that's more technically correct now. I hated it myself, but I've read a lot of stuff on the subject and things like, "Sneered" "Sighed" "Laughed" etc shouldn't really be used in dialogue. Occasionally I still might use growl or hiss when going with a non human character, but yeah, it's technically more correct to just used said, asked, or replied.
    I know it's more correct. I didn't mean use growled or other speakisms (I think they're called that). I was thinking more along the lines of, line of dialogue, end in a period, statement or action. Or line of dialogue, said, continue line of dialogue.
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....

That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Excellent chappie, Elfie. The scene with them holding hands is precious to my heart now.

Also.. did I sense that Archer's low luck stat disorder kicked in in the last scene? XD

Blog Entries
    Also, slightly older and more mature looking Saber? Makes for an even sweeter picture of the couple together in my mind.

Saber and Archer are the kind of couple made to live and grow older together.

That's all, folks!

Damn you Hymn.
    Bless you Hymn.

The Archer Elf creates is the heroic, mature version of Shirou minus the assholery. He is actually likable, unlike his canon self.

US Friend Code
    I loved this chapter elf as always Saber and EMIYA were adorable I smiled reading this especally the hand holding.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post

If he takes he out to fight, I wonder if he would Trace a weapon for her? Giving her Caliburn may not be wise, and would be obvious besides but she'll need some kind of weapon.
    Theoretically that's easier said then done, though if my elf-Fu is up to date, she usually uses a modified archer from the fate route, so he might still have the original image.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    WUVABLE CUTENESS STRIKES AGAIN!

...Although, now I believe we're all but guarenteed that shit is going to go horribly wrong before these next two weeks are up.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    Excellent chappie, Elfie. The scene with them holding hands is precious to my heart now.

Also.. did I sense that Archer's low luck stat disorder kicked in in the last scene? XD
    More like Saber's nerves kicked in. She's never felt this sort of thing before and it's kinda wigging her out.

Blog Entries
    My heart, it feels a great warmth and pain. How do you write such cuteness?