I cross the sea with countless sorrows

Even--

If the whole world melts into the color of the sea
    Surely I'll still hear your voice
    Saying "It's all right, let's go back"

Link To Rulebook

Rulebook Addendum

RP Progression / Structure:

The RP will have two distinctive parts : the beginning is where the characters will all arrive as new recruits to the Naval Base, and thus follow a month or two of training as well as getting get to forge bonds with others (may it be PCs or NPCs) and get to enjoy mixed elements of Slice of Life, mystery and combat. They are after all training to become effective and efficient soldiers -- one doesn't become such a thing without ever training on how to fight!

The second part of the RP will have a more militaristic nature, seeing that the PC's will have finished training and the true purpose of Fleet Girls being gathered at Naval Base Aegis will be most transparent by then.

Combat System:

The Combat system in Eien No Kantai : Umi No Uta follows a system similar to games such as Fire Emblem where units are moved around on a map -- one might even draw comparisons to some tabletop games such as Battletech since here, rather than being square based, the maps will work on hexes. More info will be revealed when the characters will get into their first fight.

Locked Ships:

While players are encouraged to take any ship that they fancy (within the WWII timeframe), but there are a few ship of notes which are absolutely locked and cannot be chosen by the Players:

IJN Yamato
    IJN Shinano
    IJN Ooyodo
    USS Iowa
    USS Midway
    USS Enterprise

List of Applicants
    SHIP NAME & CLASS PLAYER
    USS Yorktown (CV-10) -- Carrier Kuroyuki
    USS San Diego (CL-53) -- Light Cruiser IlurkNoMoar
    IJN Ioshima -- Light Cruiser Kirby
    HMS Faulknor (H62) -- Destroyer palad1n
    KMS Scharnhorst -- Battleship (Fast) Leo
    KMS Bismarck -- Battleship (Fast) Draconic
    IJN Yuudachi (?) -- Destroyer Vri
    KMS Admiral Graff Spee -- Heavy Cruiser Arkturus
    USS San Francisco -- Heavy Cruiser RacingeR

People that Got In
    SHIP NAME & CLASS PLAYER
    USS Yorktown (CV-10) -- Carrier Kuroyuki
    IJN Ioshima -- Light Cruiser Kirby
    HMS Faulknor (H62) -- Destroyer palad1n
    KMS Scharnhorst -- Battleship (Fast) Leo
    IJN Yuudachi (?) -- Destroyer Vri
    KMS Admiral Graff Spee -- Heavy Cruiser Arkturus
    USS San Francisco -- Heavy Cruiser RacingeR

FAQ

How serious are you planning this to be?
    As serious as necessary. This is no meme.
    Cuteness and lovely things is still welcome though, it is a natural thing.

Is this an original setting?
    Yes. Kantai Collection per se has no world building, so I had to go create a setting conducive to RPing. Sprinkled with Aya seriousness I guess.

Why haven't the United States and Russia nuked the Hives to hell?
    They tried, it didn't work.

The setting looks strangely familiar...
    All resemblances to other works or shows is entirely accidental and involuntary...

Are growth perks fine?
    Typically, no. A growth perk is letting a slot empty and letting something developing there from what your character does.

Can I play a submarine?
    That would open an entire can of worms for balance, so unfortunately, no.

Your Sample NPCs/Example NPC are the ship I wanted to RP as...
    I am flexible so if you want to grab N.Carolina/Tirpitz/Ark Royal feel free to talk to me/PM me and we can come to an agreement.
    If you're talking about Fubuki, it's an EXAMPLE SHEET, you baka.

Last edited by Ayakashi; August 15th, 2017 at 10:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    "Aircraft Carrier, USS Yorktown CV-10, reporting for Duty. Nice to meet you Admiral. I'm looking forward to working with you."

Okay. One American Carrier coming (USS Yorktown if you haven't guessed). Time to show the IJN who is the true master of Aerial Superiority.

Blog Entries
    Hi mom.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hello, friends??
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Overly devoted enthusiasm... fufufu~ Ayakashi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroyuki View Post
    "Aircraft Carrier, USS Yorktown CV-10, reporting for Duty. Nice to meet you Admiral. I'm looking forward to working with you."
    Okay. One American Carrier coming (USS Yorktown if you haven't guessed). Time to show the IJN who is the true master of Aerial Superiority.
    Added Desu.

Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Hi mom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Hello, friends??
    H-Hello.... how are you friends?

Quote Originally Posted by ILurkNoMoar View Post
    Oh, shit! Kancolle RP!?
    SIGN ME THE FUCK UP.
    I thought that you were dead. Hello.

Alright, I'm baited.

- - - Updated - - -

Time to do some research on the Royal Navy.
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    There's merit to this… hmm… I have an idea…
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Virgin Killer Clothing Model ILurkNoMoar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayakashi View Post
    I thought that you were dead. Hello.
    Not dead, not yet. Most of the RPs started within the last year just haven't interested me is all.

Though I do have some questions. It says in the doc that the first ship girls where discovered a year before Naval Gear was reverse engineered from Abyssal technology, which would imply that shipgirls don't come with their rigging. If so then wouldn't Yamato, Enterprise, and company have been sitting on the sidelines being kinda useless for a year until Naval Gear was developed?

Not dead, not yet. Most of the RPs started within the last year just haven't interested me is all.

Though I do have some questions. It says in the doc that the first ship girls where discovered a year before Naval Gear was reverse engineered from Abyssal technology, which would imply that shipgirls don't come with their rigging. If so then wouldn't Yamato, Enterprise, and company have been sitting on the sidelines being kinda useless for a year until Naval Gear was developed?
    Yes. At first the UN had no idea what to do with Living Ships, even if the latter wanted to participate in the fighting and had properties that were really useful for soldiers. Having them man planes/ships/weapons was useless since in heavy AM fields the equipment would still be ineffective. They tried to throw man-made heavy duty equipment on them that was shielded from AM to a certain degree but to have efficient firepower strapped onto Living Ships they had to wait before the development of Naval Gear.

A little note, but the higher brass decided to keep the existence of Living Ships unofficial/a secret in fear that if the public found out, conspiracy theorists and the already terrorised population would begin thinking that Abyssals instead of being Aliens might be some bio weapon project gone wrong.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Is the Bismark available? If so, I'll be reporting for duty with her. Nice to meet you, Admiral.
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayakashi View Post
    Yes. At first the UN had no idea what to do with Living Ships, even if the latter wanted to participate in the fighting and had properties that were really useful for soldiers. Having them man planes/ships/weapons was useless since in heavy AM fields the equipment would still be ineffective. They tried to throw man-made heavy duty equipment on them that was shielded from AM to a certain degree but to have efficient firepower strapped onto Living Ships they had to wait before the development of Naval Gear.
    Out of curiosity how did Naval gear even come into being? I mean I can understand the desire to reverse engineer Abyssal tech and having the Fleet Girls try to handle some of the things is reasonable, but the doc says that shipgirls are only compatible with a specific Naval gear. So going from "having the shipgirls handle some prototypes" to "let's make miniature replicas of these ship girl's original hulls" seems... strange to say the least because by all rights they shouldn't have been able to use anything other then the specific Naval Gear made for them.

Like what I'm trying to say is why would the UN have poured more funding into the creation of Naval Gear if the shipgirls would've unable to use the originally developed prototypes because they weren't the Naval Gear specifically modded after their hulls?

A little note, but the higher brass decided to keep the existence of Living Ships unofficial/a secret in fear that if the public found out, conspiracy theorists and the already terrorised population would begin thinking that Abyssals instead of being Aliens might be some bio weapon project gone wrong.
    Yeah, I'm sure this will go over well. Trying to keep the only weapons capable of fighting off the Abyssals under wraps seems an exercise in futility.

Blog Entries
    Scharnhorst. I'll do the sheet tomorrow.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Out of curiosity how did Naval gear even come into being? I mean I can understand the desire to reverse engineer Abyssal tech and having the Fleet Girls try to handle some of the things is reasonable, but the doc says that shipgirls are only compatible with a specific Naval gear. So going from "having the shipgirls handle some prototypes" to "let's make miniature replicas of these ship girl's original hulls" seems... strange to say the least because by all rights they shouldn't have been able to use anything other then the specific Naval Gear made for them.

Like what I'm trying to say is why would the UN have poured more funding into the creation of Naval Gear if the shipgirls would've unable to use the originally developed prototypes because they weren't the Naval Gear specifically modded after their hulls?
    The reason why Naval Gear is a thing will be further explained in the RP -- it got (still gets) produced in an unconventional manner to say the least. Your PC can actually ask something like that if they like politics / thinking hard about how things work.

Also they weren't unable to use the original man-made Naval Gear, these just had problems actually dealing damage to Abyssals since the human technology used, even if somewhat equivalent to micronized heavy artillery, wasn't good enough to deal with Abyssals that have strong Null Fields. As mentioned before, The Fleet Girl's Naval Gear in contrast typically don't require massed fire power or dropping an excessive amount of ordinance to kill Abyssals with stronger Null Fields.

Yeah, I'm sure this will go over well. Trying to keep the only weapons capable of fighting off the Abyssals under wraps seems an exercise in futility.
    :^)

Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Scharnhorst. I'll do the sheet tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    Is the Bismark available? If so, I'll be reporting for duty with her. Nice to meet you, Admiral.
    Ze Germans are coming!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Truth be told, I had hoped to run a Heavy Carrier, but that would have required that I call my Fleet Girl by an overtly masculine name. Also, it may be anime, but it still feels kind of disrespectful to be playing as a Nazi warship after my late grandparents survived the Holocaust.
    Whatever. The girl's American and I want that theoretical durability bonus. I've kinda shunted down her firepower in favor of other things to fit her character bettrer. Though personally, I think it's working out splendidly.
    Also, I needed something with a violent history.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    hands off

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm not comprehending what you mean at all here. I've already said I'm a different ship.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

"You've probably never heard of me, Admiral, but USS San Diego (CL-53) is reporting for duty. I'll be working hard, so be sure to notice and praise me sometimes, okay!?"

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Generation complete.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

"Destroyer, HMS Faulknor H62, is here. Admiral, please use me as you see fit!"
    Regalia Hijinks

<Erlkonig|Phone> Why get a gf, when Airen is your waifu?

<Airen|Phone> I'll save everyone, it's fine

<Snaxies> Airen is totally Jesus again

<frantic> I actually hate reading your post because you're so fucking anime

<Reiu> Regalia is a scary place desu...

<Mellon> He who lives by the oneshot, dies by the oneshot

Personal Compliments

<@RacingeR> Pally would be a perfect shoujo lead

<Erlkonig> I would fall for Pally if he was a qt shoujo manga lead girl

Quote Originally Posted by Airen
    Only pala is pure, the rest of ya are twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetose
    I'm not sure if it's like this generally, but Pala seems to be very good at making naive and innocent, but also strangely bulliable characters.