Page 140 of 302 FirstFirst ... 4090130135138139140141142145150190240 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

Blog Entries
    I'll pass. That story is not my cup of tea at all.
    Xamusel's Fanfiction Profile

For those that don't necessarily care if my fics aren't all Type-Moon related.

Hmm... this is a bit of a surprise these days.

An archive of my works on the forum that's pretty accurate.

Note that I don't wish to be seen as an idiot any longer. I can't always promise better works than before, but I can sure as hell try, alright?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    So are you reccing this?

I certainly did read this before, though the thing that really caught my interest is when Shirou stopped beating everything and
    Spoiler:
    gets heartstabbed by a rezzed Lancer

Not exactly masterpiece literature, but if it updates, I'll still read it.
    Yes, and I liked how the Author handled the level in badass, Shirou has more experience on battling but it wont matter how much he has there are some things that he simply cannot simply beat, it helps to have a measuring stick, i also liked the Illya sub plot on Shirou trying to find a way to save her, and making contact with you know who for a puppet body.
    Last edited by Duncan Idaho; October 12th, 2013 at 06:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    I thought it was decent. Not ridiculously amazing, but decent. Would keep reading if the author updated, though I can't say much for most of the character interactions... I just don't like them that much. I do like that, unlike a large amount of crossovers, Shirou hasn't been totally wanked and
    Spoiler:
    still loses to razzed Lancer
    Last edited by Mooncake; October 12th, 2013 at 07:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    (Just realized that I completely forgot to)

+1 From Azure to Zero - while it has the format "what would happen if this person became a servant?" he brings Noel to be Servant Archer, who is summoned by Kiritsugu. Already, this is interesting - and the strength of the fic comes from the interactions between the various characters. And he's not just limited to one view, but frequently spreads the person's view similar to Fate/Zero.

And though I would've regret it in the past:
    -1 In Flight - for reasons everyone else had noted. There's really nothing else I can say.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Question about Azure to Zero, but are all the Servants from Blazblue, or is it only Noel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    -1 for In Flight. I was expecting so much, but it just turned to mindless dribble midway through. Get to the end already! Quit extending the damn plot just to get more reviews!

Seriously, it should not take THIS long to complete a story so simplistic.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Chiming in with a later opinion.

Infinite Blades had some interesting thoughts and some potential, but it jumped the shark so hard it got into orbit.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    After all these derecs for IF, I suddenly feel lucky I dropped it at Chapter 2.

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    After all these derecs for IF, I suddenly feel lucky I dropped it at Chapter 2.
    Be glad you did.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Blog Entries
    Question about Azure to Zero, but are all the Servants from Blazblue, or is it only Noel?
    Noel is the only Blazblue character in the story proper*, all the other Servants are from Fate/. There are some other Blazblue elements that have shown up, but they're minimal compared to the Type-Moon ones.

*I can't just say "the only Blazblue character", because one more has appeared in sidestories.
    Last edited by Siriel; October 13th, 2013 at 01:06 PM.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

God have mercy on my rolls... Servant Shiki's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Noir
    Yeah, its been a long time coming.

-1 for In Flight. I don't think I need to say why.
    Lancer x Archer OTP
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Epiren View Post
    (Just realized that I completely forgot to)

+1 From Azure to Zero - while it has the format "what would happen if this person became a servant?" he brings Noel to be Servant Archer, who is summoned by Kiritsugu. Already, this is interesting - and the strength of the fic comes from the interactions between the various characters. And he's not just limited to one view, but frequently spreads the person's view similar to Fate/Zero.

And though I would've regret it in the past:
    -1 In Flight - for reasons everyone else had noted. There's really nothing else I can say.
    +1 to Azure to Zero for the reason Epiren stated and -1 to In Flight.

Let me guess GB published a new chapter?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors gwonbush's Avatar
    People seem to forget that you have to state your reason to downvote. Kyte will get angry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    I am of the personal belief that the Tsukihime Remake is two years from release. It will remain as such until a release date is announced, at which time its actual release date is 6 months after that date.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Idaho View Post
    +1 to Azure to Zero for the reason Epiren stated and -1 to In Flight.

Let me guess GB published a new chapter?
    Nope.

It's just something that I've been dwelling on for quite some time now.

Reasons why I derecc'ed it:

It's overbloated story with a rather large cast of character. He had also stated that he wanted each character to not feel one-dimensional, and to give their time to shine. While it might have been fine, GB had wanted to focus on the SoL aspects of the story... Not a good combination. Not at all. It drags on for pages on end and has literally bored me to tears.

I've decided to use the printouts to stop my (BB) pellets. Note: they can't get past 2 chapters or so on average.

While I dislike the Shirou he has created, I can get behind it and have no noteworthy issues with him. The only good things that came from the story are, again, Akitsu and Karasuba. And maybe Homura, but that's an iffy. Some of the... not quite lemon scenes are placed at inopportune times, but given the build-up to them on occasion, that's my own opinion. The fight scenes are few and far in between, and while descriptive and fun to read, it cannot counteract the sheer boredom I get when reading the other sections.

Did I mention how it drags on and on? I'm positive that, if he were to comb through it again, he could cut it down by a fair number of words and make it better. The story reads like one of my drafts, where I put everything I can on the paper to fulfill the word number requirement and then later go back and try to make it make sense.

All in all, go read Debt of a Sword.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    You should elaborate more on From Azure to Zero.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Azure was already recced before, so you don't need to state reasons.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    damn my early reccing
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

My Personal reason for the +1 to Azure to Zero is that develops Noel beyond the damsel in distress/The Load that most of the fan base AND Blazblue II turned her onto (YMMV given that any one can be turned onto the Load after Hazama has seen the time lines thousands of times) Siriel has shown some of Noel's most forgotten traits compassion and determination Noel can do a lot of things if she puts her mind onto it and is in the end a compassionate person if a bit naive at times. Siriel manages to make use of those traits to meld Noel on a setting that goes against everything she is and does an excellent job while avoiding OOC syndrome that several Crossover fics seem to suffer.

And i think In Flight has been abandoned, which is for the best i think.

-1 To From Fake Dream on my part, the last chapter is just *sigh* somehow Origin bullets do not do squat against Zouken because he is not using his circuits but familiars, Zouken is able to get a bunch of familiars in a second to get a new body and moves in with Shirou, Sakura, Saber and Rider.
    Last edited by Duncan Idaho; October 13th, 2013 at 04:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Zouken is able to get a bunch of familiars in a second to get a new body and moves in with Shirou, Sakura, Saber and Rider.

Wow, now I'm really glad I decided not to read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncake View Post
    Wow, now I'm really glad I decided not to read this.
    Chain of events is:

Zouken is in his now familiarless basement, given the casters and the fire killed each of the worms.

Kiritsugu comes in shoots zouken with an origin bullet and then mixes a wind and fire rune to create a burning tornado that burns Zouken familiars.

A few hours later Zouken shows up with a body and tells shirou he is taking a spot on the Emiya residence or he will hurt Sakura more.

Saber tries to kill Zouken but zouken just makes Sakura scream, Saber and Rider backpedal.

Shirou tells both of them he has a plan to deal with Zouken.

*CHAPTER END*

I forgot the whole deal where Shirou negotiates with Luvia and Luvia thinks that she never meant to kill Shirou so she just accepted the contract on a whim.