View Poll Results: What is your favorite Tsukihime route?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Near Side - Arcueid Brunestud

10 34.48%
  • Near Side - Ciel (Elesia)

3 10.34%
  • Far Side - Akiha Tohno

5 17.24%
  • Far Side - Hisui (Jade)

5 17.24%
  • Far Side - Kohaku (Amber)

6 20.69%

Thread: What is your favorite Tsukihime route?

Cool Tsukihime - What was your favourite route?

Just finished all 5 routes and I gotta say, wow. Which was your favorite route? Do you have a favorite Bad End?

Near Side
    Arcueid Brunestud
    Ciel (Elesia)

Dark Side
    Akiha Tohno
    Hisui
    Kohaku

Last edited by hociyid; August 1st, 2018 at 11:56 AM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    My lame cop out response is that each route is uniquely crafted to offer a good experience on their own merits

My favorite heroine is Ciel so her route is a personal favorite. Arc's route is pretty well condensed in the manga.

You probably understand the differences between the Near and Far Side routes.

I think one of my personal favorite bad ends was that really edgy one where Shiki goes crazy after killing Ciel in one of the Far Side routes and goes "Welcome to my killing chamber"

I had some blog posts about my reactions to playing and watching Tsukihime but that was a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    My lame cop out response is that each route is uniquely crafted to offer a good experience on their own merits
    Is that you Nasu?

My fav is Arcueid. Original Saber face is the best.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think I remember liking the Kohaku route the best.Man, the last time I read Tsukihime (not counting the manga) was when I marathoned it after the remake was announced in preparation. Feels like eons ago...
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    All have their own ups and downs and unique strengths, but I liked Ciel and Akiha's the most -- if only because I liked the Ciel route's take on the hotel's hallway scene better, and because Akiha is Bestest Girl among the Best Girls of Tsukihime.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Well, it wouldn't be Ciel or Hisui. Ciel's route has the issue of not being substantially different from Arcueid's route until quite late and loses a lot of impact as a result. And I don't really like Ciel that much either. Hisui has the same problem of not being very interesting plus I don't actually remember anything except Shiki going insane, the twin switch, the fight in the hallway and then the two endings.

Akiha's route was pretty good but she loses some points just cause I like the other two more. Then between Arc and Kohaku... Toss up, I guess. I don't think either one has the strongest writing but they had the most impact for me.

I hope one day we do get the remake to refresh my memory because I just can't really stand the shoestring budget anymore.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I mean I'd have thought not liking Ciel that much would be a plus for her Route, since it's mostly just Arc's Route but better done (they really need to change it up if they actually do the remake. Also, get rid of NTArc plz Nasu).

The same problem can be said of the Far side Routes- there's a lot of overlap between scenes and events there that make it kinda 'ugh, this again' especially if you do what I did and play through Routes Back-to-back.

Within Far Side I think it's kinda hard to say. Hisui's, as Arha said, has that terrible period of Shiki being drugged and insane hiding in his room that's super boring, but I also love Hisui's True end to bits. Kohaku was good but kinda marred for me because I half wanted to Slap her for being all 'let's destroy the life of the Girl who went out of her way to help me'. And Akiha's was so sad, much feelz.

So I guess I'm not sure I have a Favourite Route. They all have lots of the same weaknesses/flaws (you can really see the difference in Nasu's writing since then).

Overall though Far Side>Ciel Route>Arc Route>Unreleased Sacchin Route>Rotten Garbage>Ciel "Good"/NTArc ending.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Melty Blood since that's where all the best characters are.

Otherwise, I like Arc best so hers.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    I'm waiting for the remake to read it because I can't get past the art and the
    disaster
    sex
    memes.

But the one I'm most eager to read is Ciel's.
    Followed by Arc's. Which means I'll do Arc's first and then do Ciel's...
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    it's hard to choose... all of then are really good...
    I have a imouto fetish, so the route I was the most eager to read back when I started the VN was Akiha's... but that ending was just too sadWHY IS SHE THE ONLY ONE WHO DOESN'T HAVE A GOOD ENDING, DAMMIT! SHE DESERVES A GOOD ENDING!.
    Kohaku route was the most 'shocking' of then all and I particulary like Kohaku, but... I don't know... Maybe it was too short, as that route was basically to grip loose ends. If it had the same things as Hisui's route, it probably would be my favorite.
    And basically every route made me love every heroine. Before reading her route I really didn't like Arcueid and did not especially like Ciel, but their routes made me like both.
    Tsukihime is my favorite VN and my favorite work from my favorite writer... it have a special place inside my heart
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

Greatest battle in history
    He-man x Shiki Satsujinki

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

A hard decision between either Ciel or Arc but seems that Arc wins it on me by a small margin.

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    poll still not up smh

Quote Originally Posted by Marmadillo View Post
    poll still not up smh
    Can I just say how distracting you avatar is.

Seriously, I cannot, NOT, look at the ears.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hociyid View Post
    Do you have a favorite Bad End?
    Just noticed this just now. But my favourite Bad End would have to be in the Kohaku Route...

Spoilers obviously
    Where Shiki kills Akiha in an incredibly badass way and it just ends on a shot of the moon.

I think that was the Kohaku route anyways. Really need to re-read Tsukihime one day seeing as the Remake is taking forever. T_T
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Ciel's. It's Arc's route but better.
    Akiha's would be my second choice.

@Poll - No one chose Akiha's? Weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    I'm waiting for the remake to read it because I can't get past the art and the
    disaster
    sex
    memes.

But the one I'm most eager to read is Ciel's.
    Followed by Arc's. Which means I'll do Arc's first and then do Ciel's...
    I think they'll pull a FSN and actually lock the routes so you go through them in the supposed order.
    When I first played Tsuki I actually skipped Arc's route cuz I had just read the manga.
    I eventually got back to complete it so I could get to read the Eclipse epilogue.
    burn your dread you coward

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My favorite is Arc. It's simple, it's delivered well, and I'm a total sucker for bittersweet endings like Arc True. It also has my favorite versions of Arc and Ciel as characters. It's also the route that works best in standalone form.

Ciel route is so frustrating. In terms of plot, I think it has the highest potential because of how the roles of the characters are subverted, but I find the execution so clumsy, the emotional climaxes fall flat. I feel the characters of Shiki and Ciel are mishandled.

Akiha route is really slow and I'm not a fan of the various endings. It also has my least favorite SHIKI in it.

Hisui route is overall very weird. The story is slow and confusing, the final confrontation is an anticlimax, and the high point is definitely the True ending (which to me is probably the best scene in the game). Also, the killing chamber bad end is pretty badass.

Kohaku route is my second favorite. Apparently it was binge written by Nasu as a really late addition. It's very linear and very simple, but it has a bunch of stuff that props it up: the friendly neighborhood killer scenes, Akiha as a villain, relatively tasteful/cute/emotive romance and a really badass final battle. The ending is a bit too convenient, but I personally like that they decided to wrap things up with a happy end. I also like the characterization, with my favorite versions of Akiha, Shiki, SHIKI and Kohaku. Ultimately, what keeps it from being my favorite is the fact that it doesn't stand on its own - it depends on Hisui route.

tl;dr: Arc > Kohaku >> Hisui > Ciel = Akiha
    Last edited by aldeayeah; August 9th, 2018 at 06:09 AM.
    don't quote me on this

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    My favorite is Arc. It's simple, it's delivered well, and I'm a total sucker for bittersweet endings like Arc True. It also has my favorite versions of Arc and Ciel as characters. It's also the route that works best in standalone form.
    It's not for nothing that Arc's route was the one chosen for a manga and anime adaptation. And while I hated the ending of Arc True the first time I read it, its emotional impact does stay with you. I kind of wish that the manga hadn't altered it, actually.

Blog Entries
    Akiha > Hisui > Ciel > Kohaku > Arc

Happy that I randomly decided to look at this forum right when this thread got made, also Akiha only having a single vote is a crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Obviously, Aoko route is the best