Page 251 of 680 FirstFirst ... 151201241246249250251252253256261301351 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,020 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

US Friend Code
    CharlesTrevyOB
    Quote Originally Posted by -Neve- View Post
    Hey there!
    I've taken an interest to Fate/Strange Fake and wanted to read it, but this thread is a bit too big for me, and I'm lost. I found a PDF with volume 1's translation from the Type Moon wiki, but only bits of volume 2. And the image up there is from volume 3, if I'm not mistaken...
    Is there a complete translation of volume 2 I can read? Thanks in advance and I'm sorry if there's any typos!
    [How to read Fate/Strange Fake Light Novel]

JP Friend Code
    Has anyone else noticed a lot of similarities between Enkidu and Merem Solomon. Both talk to animals, can transform their body parts into 'weapons' albeit in very different ways, and both have a very gentle way of speaking but show an interest in fighting other strong opponents.

US Friend Code
    CharlesTrevyOB
    Well, people say that humans are unique but that doesn't mean some can be similar to others. Yes, I know they are not humans but you get my point xD

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Enkidu = DAA #28 confirmed...

JP Friend Code
    I'm not trying to say it means anything, I was just wondering if anyone else thought they were similar characters. Like how Gil and Ozy share a number of similarities.

I was originally going to wait until Sunday to post this, but then I realized that this effectively marks the end of a regular update schedule until book 4 comes out, so I decided to just go ahead and post the remaining three sections, plus the profiles, now. Enjoy the end of book 3 and the teaser for book 4.

FSF Prologue IX

Prologue IX

The Star Performers' Feast (Part 2)

In the dark.

Time rewinds to just after Saber was arrested and made his speech to in front of the television cameras.
    "Man, that was hilarious!"
    The memory of a Heroic Spirit being lead off by the police made Francesca burst into fit after fit of laughter until she collapsed in the center of her bed, wiping tears from her eyes. Eventually she raised herself to a kneeling position, then crossed her legs and raised one hand.
    "Well, it's about time for me to do my part as a mastermind!"
    She snapped her fingers, and the candles around her lit. Faint, flickering light illuminated the center of the room.
    It revealed a magic circle, identical to those the other Master's had used to summon their Heroic Spirits, on the floor before the luxurious bed. Only one detail separated it from the proper ritual: the fact that the canopied bed sat where the altar should have been.
    Then, toying with a cookie she had produced from who knew where, Francesca began a rhythmical, singsong chant.

"♪A pinch of silver and a pinch of iron♪
    "♪Boil up the head clerk♪
    "♪That's Até's lovely recipe♪"

It was far removed from the incantation for summoning a Heroic Spirit. I sounded as if Francesca was mocking the Grail War itself. If anyone had heard her, they would have either burst into a rage, or scoffed that she could never summon anything that way.

"♪Fill, fill, fill, fill, fill it up♪
    "♪Fill, fill, fill it till it spills♪
    "♪Bring together five closed wounds♪"

The ridiculous chant tumbling rhythmically from her lips ironically resembled the one a certain homicidal maniac had once used, in a "real" Holy Grail War, to summon her "best friend."
    There were still openings in the roster of Heroic Spirits; she was not trying to forced the Grail to manifest an extra. It was true that such an incantation should have had no chance of succeeding... but Francesca had not even finished it before the magic circle began to glow.

"♪I offer you my body, I offer you my—♪
    "Ha ha! Ahaha! ♪Time's up, so I'll skip the rest...♪"

She had not put a powerful desire into her call like the silver wolf, nor had she bridged the gap with genius mystical interference like Flat Escardos. And yet, her summoning had succeeded.
    There was only one reason: the affinity of the Heroic Spirit to the "catalyst" she had used to call it was extremely high. And that catalyst, enshrined atop its altar — the bed — was Francesca herself.

The light of the summoning circle faded, and there stood a boy. He looked about the same age as Francesca. His lustrous hair was neatly cut. His face would have been beautiful, except for something indefinably sickly about his eyes.
    An instant later, the dim space where the summoning circle had been became a field of flowers as far as the eye could see. In its center, the boy Heroic Spirit made a reverent, weirdly exaggerated bow without looking at Francesca's face. Then he flung his arms wide and shouted:
    "Ha ha! My new Master must be quite the eccentric to summon me! Very well! I don't know what you expect of me, but I won't make you regret it! I'll lift—"
    "'Lift you up to heaven with a dream of bliss, then drop you all the way down to hell with bewitching, scorching nightmare!' Am I right?" The grinning Francesca called out from her seat at the center of the bed.
    "Hm? Oh? What's this?" The Heroic Spirit muttered inquisitively, looking confused. Francesca's words to him were exactly what he had been about to say to her.
    "And once you've said that, you turn all these flowers into human children's arms!"
    "Hm? Hmm... Have you, maybe, summoned me before? If so, I'm shocked you're still alive. To summon me twice, your brains must be—" The boy started to say. Then he realized who the girl mage in front of him really was.
    "What? No way. Really?"
    "Really. When do your memories from 'when you were alive' stop?"
    "They go up to the first time I was executed... But more importantly, what are you up to?"
    "A Holy Grail War. Of course, I've already messed with its guts so much even I can't tell if it's real or fake!"
    As he listened to Francesca's explanation, a look of delight gradually stole across the face of the Heroic Spirit in the form of a boy. At last, he burst into wild peals of laughter. As he cackled, the whole field of flowers turned into children's arms growing from the ground. Pairs of adjacent hands clapped their palms together as if to celebrate the boy and girl by surrounding them with a round of twisted applause.
    "A-a-are you crazy!?" The boy Heroic Spirit shouted, still laughing and clutching his belly. "You must be! Hehe... Hahahaha! Wh-wh-why would you ever do something like that!? You must be out of your mind! Hahahaha!"
    The boy cavorted, cackling as if he had gone mad. He spun, leapt onto Francesca's bed, sat down beside her, and opened one of the bags of snacks that lay strewn about. Then he familiarly rubbed his shoulder against Francesca's and began to munch on the bag's contents.
    "Ahaha! Me summoning me! What an awful joke! Mmm... Hey, these are delicious. Is this what modern snacks are like? What an incredible age!"
    "Isn't it? Anyway, I was the catalyst. I was ninety percent sure I'd get 'me,' although I did hope that maybe, just maybe, Gilles would turn up!"
    "Oh, come on; Gilles would never show up for a Grail War!"
    "As a matter of fact, he did! Gilles! I could only watch from a distance thanks to the descendents of that bug-tamer from Kiev, but he really was there! He was in the throne, you know? Gilles!"
    "That's amazing! What was his class? Saber? Rider?"
    "Nope. Caster."
    "How!? I mean Gilles, a Caster? Oh, because of me! Hahaha!"
    When the pair had finished entertaining each other with a conversation only they could understand, Francesca's face grew suddenly serious.
    "So you see," she addressed the Heroic Spirit sitting beside her, "I'm pretty serious... I decided to rush the schedule and hold a Holy Grail War I can have my way with in this city! And I got all sorts of people and countries mixed up in it!"
    "Why didn't you summon Gilles, then? Although I guess it'd be hard to survive a Grail War with him."
    Francesca answered the obvious question with a little shake of her head.
    "Well, we can take our time talking about that later. Before that, we've got to seal our initial contract!"
    "Oh, you're right! It completely slipped my mind! Speaking of which, if you do get the Grail, what will you use it for? Of course, I can pretty much guess."
    "I'm pretty sure you guessed right."
    "I see. It's true that you'd need something on the level of a Grail to capture that labyrinth."
    The boy sprang up from the bed, moved to the center of the summoning circle, then turned to face Francesca and made a respectful bow.
    "I ask you: are you the arrogant, foolish princess who wants to enslave me in your quest for the Holy Grail — or for endless pleasures and nightmares?"
    "Yup! Absolutely!"
    A chorus of agonized cries sounded from beneath the ground, and the children's arms growing around them burst into flames. In the blink of an eye, they were bleached skeletons. Then they crumbled to ash. The ash swirled in the gloom, and the Heroic Spirit loudly declared the contract formed.
    "Behold! The pledge is made!"
    The boy spread his arms amid the dust and sang out his name at the top of his voice:

"My name is Francois Prelati!"

Then, with an innocent smile, he continued the formula of the contract.
    "As the loyal servant of my Master, Francois — whoops, you're in a girl's body now — Francesca Prelati, I swear to risk my life to guide you to the Holy Grail!"
    "I also swear — to risk my soul to win through the Holy Grail War fair and square, so that you may obtain the Holy Grail in righteous glory!"
    Then, the boy and girl's smiles turned sly. Francois and Francesca continued to in perfect unison.

"'Just kidding!'"
    X X

The same time. Snowfield. Underneath a thermal power station.

Around the same time that Francesca was summoning herself somewhere in the city, Haruri, a mage specializing in witchcraft who had been trying to summon the true Berserker, was dying underneath one of its several thermal power stations.
    How did things end up like this, again...?
    Seeing the color of blood in the corners of her glazed eyes, she concluded that she was going to die soon. Healing magecraft was one of her specialties, but her magical energy was almost exhausted.
    She was certain her preparations to summon Berserker had been perfect. She was also certain that her summoning had actually succeeded. The problem was that the Berserker she had summoned had gone on a rampage before she had a chance make her contract. She had taken the full force of one of its blows.
    Still, I guess I'm... satisfied. It seems stronger... than I expected...
    She could dimly see the Heroic Spirit she had summoned. It looked bizarre.
    It appeared to be pacing around the room on all fours. Each step it took produced harsh, mechanical sounds. Incandescent light blazed in its eyes. The groans that occasionally emanated from it sounded distorted, like record played with a rusty needle.
    I poured plenty of my magical energy into you... and you should be able to get an alternative power source from this station... So, you'll be able to rampage to your heart's content...
    Haruri could not suppress a wry smile as she watched the rust-covered "thing" approach her.
    Although I bet you hate using energy your rival, Nicola Tesla, made. Oh... maybe that's why... you went out of control...
    "It" was now right in front of her. The ghastly Heroic Spirit looked like nothing so much as a robot with the motif of a four-legged spider or a grotesque lion.
    But it's strange... Even as Berserker... I expected him to look more... human. Could Mazda's influence have something to do with it...?
    I knew I should have summoned him as Caster and not let Francesca have it...
    It was too late for regrets. Haruri, however, did not fear death. She specialized in witchcraft, but she always used her own blood for her sacrificial medium.
    She had even drawn her summoning circle in her own blood. She had needed to shed a very nearly dangerous amount of it, but she had taken her time, occasionally giving herself a transfusion from the blood packs she had prepared in advance for the purpose and using healing magecraft to stimulation blood formation.
    If the thing she had summoned as a result was going to kill her, then this must be as far as she could go. Haruri smiled derisively at herself and slowly stretched out a hand toward the Heroic Spirit.
    "Alright... I'll sacrifice myself... to you..."
    She had only one wish for the Grail: revenge against the "magical society" that had taken everything from her people. She did not care if it was the Clock Tower, the Atlas Institute, or even the various unauthorized mage circles that dotted the globe. She simply felt that nothing could be more ironic than bringing them to ruin through machinery, industry, or any other overpowering "energy" distant from magecraft.
    Maybe it serves me right... for trying to use the Grail for something so petty...
    "Come on, kill me. In exchange... go on living however you want as long as you exist. Show the whole world what you are. Make their secrecy pointless..."
    Haruri put the last of her willpower into the declaration. Once she had made it, it did not matter to her when she was killed. She resolved to wait for the Heroic Spirit to strike. What actually descended on her, however, was an unfamiliar woman's voice.

"You've got a weird way of struggling."

Haruri instinctively opened her eyes, which had been shut tight. Before her stood a breathtakingly beautiful woman with unnaturally white skin.
    An... an Einzbern homunculus!?
    She had heard that one was in the city and assumed it was after a Master's position. Still, had never expected it to appear here. She had been sure the site of her summoning was completely secret.
    I really must be paying for my sins... I've always been careful to only use myself as a sacrifice, but once I got here, I didn't care what happened to the townspeople... and it made my magecraft impure.
    She decided that if she was going to be killed either way, it did not make much difference if it was by the Einzbern homunculus or the Heroic Spirit. Then she noticed something strange.
    "...What?"
    Her wounds were closing. Her vision was clearing.
    "Wh-what? But I..."
    She did not remember casting a healing spell. In the first place, her magical energy was running dry, so she could not have even if she wanted to. Haruri was baffled, and what the "white woman" said next only baffled her more.
    She turned to the Berserker beside her and addressed it as if it was her pet dog.
    "Come on. That girl's your Master. Now hurry up and make a contract."
    What in the world...?
    Pain receded and confusion took it's placed in Haruri's brain. She had not yet formed a contract, but the rights of a Master were still hers. She barely had time to think that no Berserker would listen to a mage who did not even have Command Seals, however, before another of her accepted notions crumbled.
    "Pro... PRRRRRRR-ro-ro-ro... Protec... ect-ect-ectTTTT."
    Berserker did as the "white woman" said and bowed its head in a show of obedience to the fallen Haruri.
    "Good boy. That's it. I'll tie your meridians to her for you."
    An instant later, the pass of magical energy linked them, and the Heroic Spirit's sensations reached Haruri through her Command Seals. That was when she realized — the Berserker she had summoned was afraid of the "white woman."
    "Wh-who... are you...?"
    "Still," the "white woman" continued, ignoring Haruri's question, "you're lucky a 'vessel' this easy to enter just happened to be here."
    She stared at her own hands and feet, then nodded, apparently impressed. Next, she turned to look at the confused-looking Haruri and slowly reached out a hand to touch Haruri's cheek.
    That was when Haruri realized. Realized that the "power" flowing into her through the woman's hand did not belong in this world.
    Im-impossible... This is... But she's not even a Heroic Spirit...! No; even for a Heroic Spirit, such concentrated "power" is...!
    The "white woman" — or, more accurately, the thing inside the "white woman" — must have sensed Haruri's fear.
    "Don't worry," she smiled confidently. "I may not look like it, but I'm fond of humans."
    There was warmth in the words, but they seemed to come from such a height that none of it reached Haruri.
    "Now that I'm here, I'll be sure to rule you properly!"
    At that point the mechanical doll that was supposed to be Haruri's Servant let out a roar, as if to show his approval. As if in praise of the "white woman."
    "███████████████████████████████RRRRrrrRRR—!"

What?
    Haruri had been released from the fear of death, but another fear had taken its place.
    She did not yet know how terrible the thing that had taken up residence in the Einzbern homunculus due to the influence of the catalyst she had prepared truly was.

Thus, the players were all assembled. On the stage of Snowfield, every one of them was a spectator, every one of them was a critic, and each and every one of them was a performer.

With the exception of one boy who had yet to make the jump from the interlude to the stage. One boy the Grail had yet to assign a part.

FSF Interlude: The Trials Begin

Interlude

The Trials Begin

Sigma did not remember the moment he had become a child soldier. It was how he had lived as far back as he could remember. He had been forced to fire a gun when he was barely five years old. Enduring the further mental and physical pain caused by strange magical experiments for purposes he did not understand.
    The would-be mages had created a unit to carry out magical warfare against enemy nations. He was apparently one of the soldiers created for that purpose.
    He heard that they had gathered other soldiers with similarly elementary attainments in magecraft — soldiers who, either through random chance or through distant relation to mages, possessed Magic Circuits — and forced them to have sexual intercourse with female soldiers who likewise possessed Magic Circuits, even if only a few. Of the resulting children, they had selected twenty-four whose Magic Circuits were of a usable level and assigned them Greek letters as code names.
    A small, nameless special forces unit whose existence was unknown even to the people of the nation it served. It had been created with the idea of employing unusual abilities to inflict damage on enemy nations, with no regard for secrecy. Mages, primarily the Clock Tower, had gotten wind of it in advance and crushed it along with the teetering dictatorship.
    Sigma had only learned of his precise roots after he had been released from the former government. It hardly mattered to him whether they were true or false.
    A mother had given birth in the natural course of events, without acquiring a knowledge of magecraft. The child had been taken from her before she had a chance to name it and set on the path of a tool of the state.
    On the basis of his experience as a child soldier, he had become a mercenary who used magecraft. That, however, had only been a matter of doing what his employer told him to. It was not worth mentioning.
    "I really don't think there's anything else to tell."
    "You make it sound ordinary, but you realize that's quite a hard life, objectively speaking?"
    Sigma had tried explaining what kind of person he was in order to establish communication with the beings that called themselves "shadows." When he reexamined himself, however, he was forced to acknowledge that he had spent his life doing only what others had forced on him.
    The fact that that realization did not make him feel empty made him think that he really might be a little odd. Still, there was nothing he could do about that at this point.
    "What happened to your mother?" The boy with the snake staff asked.
    "I don't know if it's the truth, but I'm told she participated in a Grail War in the far East as a mage's assistant and died. The mage was called Emiya Kiritsugu."
    "The fact that you remember the mage's name clearly means you must have some feelings on the matter."
    "Does it? I wonder. I don't know anything about their relationship except that she was his assistant. I don't even know my mother's name or what she looked like. I only know Emiya Kiritsugu's name because he's considered a legend among mercenaries who use magecraft."
    He had been a freelance mage of remarkable ability, known and feared by the nickname "mage killer." He had completed dangerous missions one after another all across the globe, until the Einzberns had hired him. Sigma had heard from his employer that the man had won through to the endgame of the fourth Holy Grail War in Fuyuki, although Sigma's mother had supposedly lost her life in the process.
    "Only... If my mother followed that man of her own free will, I'm a little jealous of her."
    "Jealous?"
    "Whatever her feelings, my mother must at least have seen a reason to live in that Emiya Kiritsugu man. I, on the other hand, have nothing; no one to respect and no one to want revenge on."
    Sigma spoke matter-of-factly. He sounded less like he was disparaging himself than he did like he was simply stating facts.
    "Oh, you can make a reason to live," the Captain told him. "Get into enough desperate scrapes, and you'll naturally find something to cling to. Fight your way through certain death, boy. Keep struggling against God. Never accept anything. It's on the other side of all that that the proof you're alive will be born."
    Fighting through certain death to find a reason to live was putting the cart before the horse. The Captain could only talk that way because it was not his problem, Sigma thought and decided to ignore the advice. The Captain, however, looked behind Sigma to the entrance of the room with a look of real enjoyment on his features.
    "Look, boy; Your first trial's already arrived."
    Sigma turned and saw a shadow standing there. To be precise, he saw a girl wrapped in shadowy black robes.
    "Are you...?"
    Just as Sigma was about to take her for another one of the "shadows," he noticed something out of place. So far, only a single shadow had appeared at a time. Now, however, he was certain that he had seen the Captain and the girl at the same time.
    By the time Sigma realized that, it was already too late. In an instant, the girl Assassin was right in front of him. In a voice stripped of emotion, she asked:

"Are you a mage who seeks the Holy Grail?"

From that moment on, Sigma was to walk into a series of unreasonable "trials." Not trials that anyone demanded of him — trials simply to learn who he was.

With no way of knowing whether the "self" he obtained at the end of those trials would bring him glory, or despair.

FSF Bridge: One Day, In the City

Bridge

One Day, In the City

Snowfield. An urban area.

What am I looking at?
    Clutching his prosthetic right hand, the young man — a member of Clan Calatin, the special unit under the direction of the chief of police — gasped at the scene unfolding before his eyes.
    He saw a bowman with reddish-brown skin and a strange cloth hanging over his head. The Heroic Spirit was nothing like the Assassin they had fought in the police station. He was equally unlike the monster that had subsequently taken the man's right hand. He was simply, simply... strong.
    Even if they gained the full power of all their Noble Phantasms, the young officer had no confidence that any of them would be of use against the bowman.
    Oh, I see. This must be a real hero, the officer almost acknowledged. Then he gritted his teeth.
    ...This guy? The bastard who's wrecking the city and trying to kill a little kid?
    Several of his fellow Clan Calatin members already lay on the ground around him. If might makes right, then he supposed the bowman in front of him must be "right." The officer's last shred of pride, however, would not allow him to accept that. It lit a flame of courage in his heart.
    Then he gasped again.
    What am I looking at?
    He saw a police officer just like him. That officer, however, was not part of Clan Calatin. There was something strange about him.
    They're still fighting with that monster. Who the hell are they?
    He appeared and vanished, vanished and reappeared around the bowman. Time and again his body were mangled or pierced with arrows, but the same officer continued to challenge the Heroic Spirit. His attacks were doing no damage to the bowman. Nevertheless, they had been fighting ceaselessly for minutes.
    When that bizarre scene had gone on for a while, the bowman spoke gravely.

"Weakling... I would ask your name."

The officer took a step back.
    "I have no name," he replied, grinning broadly.
    Then there was two officers. They continued speaking with the same voice.
    "O great hero, you who live on in legends of the Age of the Gods, changing your form with the times and accumulating great deeds: I, a humble criminal, so weak that a gust of wind could blow me away, have only one thing to say to you."
    The number of officers increased again.
    "I am sure you have a reason for your resolve," the four officers surrounding the bowman declared. "But if that resolve leads you to deny divine power! If deny and discard all the deeds of the gods, good and ill alike!"
    The eight "things" had taken on a number of appearances in addition to police officers. Their voices echoed down the city street.
    "However mighty you may be, you are now, as you desired, human."
    Sixteen roars addressed the bowman's soul.
    "O hero who has fallen into thuggery, into humanity! However great a hero you may be! Even if you have the power to destroy the world!"
    Thirty-two fearless grins hemmed in the bowman. The next moment they were vanishing, as if they were being absorbed back into the original one.
    "So long as your essence is human... you will be hunted by a powerless 'killer.'"
    Then, the police officer — the nameless Berserker, Jack the Ripper — faced the reddish-brown bowman. Laying bare his own essence, he shouted the name of his Noble Phantasm — the trump card he played to end the great hero's life.

"From Hell!"

In the midst of the disintegrating Grail War, a chain of battle silently began. Almost as if hapless fate was speaking to the mages and Heroic Spirits:

"O weaklings, challenge the strong."

Next Episode: [Fake 04]

FSF True Archer profile

Class:

Avenger / True Archer

Master: Bazdilot Cordelion
    True Name: Alkeides
    Sex: Man
    Height and Weight: 203cm, 141kg
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Strength: A
    Endurance: B
    Agility: A
    Magical Power: A
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: A++

Personal Skills:
    Distortion: A
    Proof that Alkeides has been forcibly wrenched out of the Class he was originally summoned in and given the characteristics of another Class. In exchange, the rank of one of his original Class Skills is lowered. In Alkeides case, Independent Action is reduced to rank C.

Eye of the Mind (True): B
    Insight on the battlefield founded on training and discipline. As Alkeides has discarded the instincts given to him by the gods, the skill manifests due to the skills he built up as a human.

Valor: E
    The skill to brush aside glamour, confusion, and other forms of mental interference. It also boosts combat ability.
    As a side effect of Command Seals being used to extract the divine curse from Alkeides' body, the skill has weakened considerably in comparison to its original rank.

Battle Continuation: A+
    The ability to continue fighting even after suffering mortal wounds, representing Alkeides' mighty struggle for life on the battlefield.

Class Skills:
    Avenger: A
    Independent Action: C
    Anti-Magic: A

Noble Phantasms:
    The Twelve Glories: King's Order
    The numerous proofs of overcoming trials that Alkeides obtained in exchange for giving up his immortality along with his divinity. Alkeides is able to materialize Noble Phantasms he obtained in legends of his life, such as the hide of a divine beast and the War God's Belt, and use them as his tools. He is, however, twisting the reason of the Holy Grail in order to make use of them. As a result, doing so consumes several times more magical energy than they ordinarily would.

Shooting the Hundred Heads: Nine Lives
    Rank: C-A+; Classification: Unknown; Range: Adapts to fit circumstances
    The manifestation of the technique of "shooting the hundred heads" — employing a wide variety of martial arts with handheld weapons or bare hands — as a Noble Phantasm. It draws out the power of a weapon to its utmost limit, taking many forms — from anti-personnel to anti-army and anti-fortress — according to the circumstances.

FSF True Rider profile

Class:

True Rider

Master: ?
    True Name: Hippolyte
    Sex: Woman
    Height and Weight: 159cm, 50kg
    Alignment: Lawful Good

Strength: B
    Magical Power: C
    Luck: D
    Noble Phantasm: A

Personal Skills:
    Charisma: B
    A skill that combines both the ability to command necessary to unify a nation and individual personal magnetism.

Divinity: B
    A skill that indicates the degree of Divine Spirit Affinity, the depth of one's kinship to the gods. Hippolyte was a priestess of Artemis as well as a queen, in addition to being a child of the war god Ares, and so is cloaked in powerful divinity. As she did not reach the Throne of Gods after death, however, she falls short of A rank.

Class Skills:
    Riding: A
    Anti-Magic: C

Noble Phantasms:
    The War God's Belt: Goddess of War
    Rank: A; Classification: Anti-Personnel-Anti-Fortress Noble Phantasm; Range: —
    A battle standard — an aspect of Hippolyte's father, the war god Ares — remade in the form of a sash. It greatly raises the user's strength, endurance, agility, and magical power. Due to the rarefaction of Mystery in the modern era, however, it cannot be used to raise these parameters beyond a certain point.

All that remains now is the afterword, which I'll translate and post when I have time. (Most likely sometime next week.) I'll post an ebook version of book 3 at the same time. After that, I'll do the afterwords to book 1, then edit as time permits while I wait for book 4. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, regular updates will resume once book 4 is out and in my possession.

As always, all comments are corrections are appreciated (especially now, so that I can fix things for the ebook).

Here is the new doc with the whole thing and the last illustration, because I could no figure out how to easily update the old one:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by OtherSideofSky; December 30th, 2016 at 11:15 PM.

マリーの味方
    I haven't read the latest chapters yet but man you are a god, thank you

Both Alkeides and Hippolyte have black spatter at the bottom of their profiles to indicate that they have addition, unrevealed NPs.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    C'MON JACK

SLAUGHTER THAT MINDBROKEN EDGELORD

PUT POOR HERK OUT OF HIS MISERY

- - - Updated - - -

Also Sigma vs. Zealot should be interesting.

Thanks yet again for your work, OtherSide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    C'MON JACK

SLAUGHTER THAT MINDBROKEN EDGELORD

PUT POOR HERK OUT OF HIS MISERY

- - - Updated - - -

Also Sigma vs. Zealot should be interesting.

Thanks yet again for your work, OtherSide.
    The guy narrating that bit is also the guy Dumas was going to give the hydra venom dagger, so it looks like Alkeides is going to have two natural enemies to contend with. It will take some supreme deus ex machinas to get him out of that unscathed.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What's the subtitle name of Jack the Rolex's NP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I'm certain that Buzzcola McCUTSTHEREADERWITHEVERYAPPEARANCE will do something insanely edgy and save Alkeides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    What's the subtitle name of Jack the Rolex's NP?
    "Evil Fog Perishes With the London Dawn: From Hell."

Except for some of the Zabaniya variants, I've been leaving the kanji meanings out of dialogue because they make the names unwieldy and too long for anyone to actually shout in the middle of a fight.

Spooky Scary Counter-Guardian Balthizar's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    So, is "From Hell" just "Zabaniya: Delusional Illusion" 2.0 or something? I'm assuming that there's way more to it than that.
    Nasuverse in a Nutshell
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Gilgamesh fired weapons like rockets back in the day, Enkidu was a shapeshifting mud doll, Elizabeth Bathory had dragon blood, the origin of life is an insane giant, and vampires rule over humans in this odd way where they claim to be the apex of life and are perfect beings. Also every planet has super ultimate beings that are the apex of each planet and will one day come to Earth to rock our shit, and each of these ultimate beings are comparable to vampires.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Jeanne was speaking to the counter force and Karl was driven by aliens. And Jesus was probably Martha's imaginary friend, I'd imagine.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthizar View Post
    So, is "From Hell" just "Zabaniya: Delusional Illusion" 2.0 or something? I'm assuming that there's way more to it than that.
    I think it's more than that if it's Jack the Ripper.

But then I think of the time that he tried to transform into a ten year old, then it gave him the result of being Apocrypha's Jack the Ripper.

Maybe Apocypha's Jack the Ripper is really his canon form, and Maria the Ripper is
    her
    his
    Noble Phantasm.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

Apparently Jack the ripper is similar to Hassan or Robin Hood in that aspect there is not single canon servant. Irc it was confirmed somewhere that Jackie wasn't responsible for all killing. Plus Maria is anti-woman, where Hell is anti-human. Former could hardly put Alkeides in any danger.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ah, right.

Did not see the sentence earlier where Jack said that it's okay for him to release his Noble Phantasm since his opponent is human anyways. Welp.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
    Apparently Jack the ripper is similar to Hassan or Robin Hood in that aspect there is not single canon servant. Irc it was confirmed somewhere that Jackie wasn't responsible for all killing. Plus Maria is anti-woman, where Hell is anti-human. Former could hardly put Alkeides in any danger.
    In her last fight in Apocrypha, it's stated that while she did murder a number of women in Whitechapel, there is no way of proving that they corresponded exactly to the known Ripper victims. She also definitely didn't write any letters to newspapers. So, she's just one of the many potential Jack the Rippers you can summon because there's no definitive one.

US Friend Code
    CharlesTrevyOB
    Great great great!

OtherSideofSky, thanks man!
    I'll update my PDF with your translations and images! I'll post the translated profiles here so anyone can use them.

EDIT: Oh, I see you did not upload the profile images.... could you please? So I can clean them and merge your translations as I did with Vol.1 and 2?
    Last edited by HumbertoZero; December 31st, 2016 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OtherSideofSky View Post
    I was originally going to wait until Sunday to post this, but then I realized that this effectively marks the end of a regular update schedule until book 4 comes out, so I decided to just go ahead and post the remaining three sections, plus the profiles, now. Enjoy the end of book 3 and the teaser for book 4.

FSF Prologue IX

Prologue IX

The Star Performers' Feast (Part 2)

In the dark.

Time rewinds to just after Saber was arrested and made his speech to in front of the television cameras.
    "Man, that was hilarious!"
    The memory of a Heroic Spirit being lead off by the police made Francesca burst into fit after fit of laughter until she collapsed in the center of her bed, wiping tears from her eyes. Eventually she raised herself to a kneeling position, then crossed her legs and raised one hand.
    "Well, it's about time for me to do my part as a mastermind!"
    She snapped her fingers, and the candles around her lit. Faint, flickering light illuminated the center of the room.
    It revealed a magic circle, identical to those the other Master's had used to summon their Heroic Spirits, on the floor before the luxurious bed. Only one detail separated it from the proper ritual: the fact that the canopied bed sat where the altar should have been.
    Then, toying with a cookie she had produced from who knew where, Francesca began a rhythmical, singsong chant.

"♪A pinch of silver and a pinch of iron♪
    "♪Boil up the head clerk♪
    "♪That's Até's lovely recipe♪"

It was far removed from the incantation for summoning a Heroic Spirit. I sounded as if Francesca was mocking the Grail War itself. If anyone had heard her, they would have either burst into a rage, or scoffed that she could never summon anything that way.

"♪Fill, fill, fill, fill, fill it up♪
    "♪Fill, fill, fill it till it spills♪
    "♪Bring together five closed wounds♪"

The ridiculous chant tumbling rhythmically from her lips ironically resembled the one a certain homicidal maniac had once used, in a "real" Holy Grail War, to summon her "best friend."
    There were still openings in the roster of Heroic Spirits; she was not trying to forced the Grail to manifest an extra. It was true that such an incantation should have had no chance of succeeding... but Francesca had not even finished it before the magic circle began to glow.

"♪I offer you my body, I offer you my—♪
    "Ha ha! Ahaha! ♪Time's up, so I'll skip the rest...♪"

She had not put a powerful desire into her call like the silver wolf, nor had she bridged the gap with genius mystical interference like Flat Escardos. And yet, her summoning had succeeded.
    There was only one reason: the affinity of the Heroic Spirit to the "catalyst" she had used to call it was extremely high. And that catalyst, enshrined atop its altar — the bed — was Francesca herself.

The light of the summoning circle faded, and there stood a boy. He looked about the same age as Francesca. His lustrous hair was neatly cut. His face would have been beautiful, except for something indefinably sickly about his eyes.
    An instant later, the dim space where the summoning circle had been became a field of flowers as far as the eye could see. In its center, the boy Heroic Spirit made a reverent, weirdly exaggerated bow without looking at Francesca's face. Then he flung his arms wide and shouted:
    "Ha ha! My new Master must be quite the eccentric to summon me! Very well! I don't know what you expect of me, but I won't make you regret it! I'll lift—"
    "'Lift you up to heaven with a dream of bliss, then drop you all the way down to hell with bewitching, scorching nightmare!' Am I right?" The grinning Francesca called out from her seat at the center of the bed.
    "Hm? Oh? What's this?" The Heroic Spirit muttered inquisitively, looking confused. Francesca's words to him were exactly what he had been about to say to her.
    "And once you've said that, you turn all these flowers into human children's arms!"
    "Hm? Hmm... Have you, maybe, summoned me before? If so, I'm shocked you're still alive. To summon me twice, your brains must be—" The boy started to say. Then he realized who the girl mage in front of him really was.
    "What? No way. Really?"
    "Really. When do your memories from 'when you were alive' stop?"
    "They go up to the first time I was executed... But more importantly, what are you up to?"
    "A Holy Grail War. Of course, I've already messed with its guts so much even I can't tell if it's real or fake!"
    As he listened to Francesca's explanation, a look of delight gradually stole across the face of the Heroic Spirit in the form of a boy. At last, he burst into wild peals of laughter. As he cackled, the whole field of flowers turned into children's arms growing from the ground. Pairs of adjacent hands clapped their palms together as if to celebrate the boy and girl by surrounding them with a round of twisted applause.
    "A-a-are you crazy!?" The boy Heroic Spirit shouted, still laughing and clutching his belly. "You must be! Hehe... Hahahaha! Wh-wh-why would you ever do something like that!? You must be out of your mind! Hahahaha!"
    The boy cavorted, cackling as if he had gone mad. He spun, leapt onto Francesca's bed, sat down beside her, and opened one of the bags of snacks that lay strewn about. Then he familiarly rubbed his shoulder against Francesca's and began to munch on the bag's contents.
    "Ahaha! Me summoning me! What an awful joke! Mmm... Hey, these are delicious. Is this what modern snacks are like? What an incredible age!"
    "Isn't it? Anyway, I was the catalyst. I was ninety percent sure I'd get 'me,' although I did hope that maybe, just maybe, Gilles would turn up!"
    "Oh, come on; Gilles would never show up for a Grail War!"
    "As a matter of fact, he did! Gilles! I could only watch from a distance thanks to the descendents of that bug-tamer from Kiev, but he really was there! He was in the throne, you know? Gilles!"
    "That's amazing! What was his class? Saber? Rider?"
    "Nope. Caster."
    "How!? I mean Gilles, a Caster? Oh, because of me! Hahaha!"
    When the pair had finished entertaining each other with a conversation only they could understand, Francesca's face grew suddenly serious.
    "So you see," she addressed the Heroic Spirit sitting beside her, "I'm pretty serious... I decided to rush the schedule and hold a Holy Grail War I can have my way with in this city! And I got all sorts of people and countries mixed up in it!"
    "Why didn't you summon Gilles, then? Although I guess it'd be hard to survive a Grail War with him."
    Francesca answered the obvious question with a little shake of her head.
    "Well, we can take our time talking about that later. Before that, we've got to seal our initial contract!"
    "Oh, you're right! It completely slipped my mind! Speaking of which, if you do get the Grail, what will you use it for? Of course, I can pretty much guess."
    "I'm pretty sure you guessed right."
    "I see. It's true that you'd need something on the level of a Grail to capture that labyrinth."
    The boy sprang up from the bed, moved to the center of the summoning circle, then turned to face Francesca and made a respectful bow.
    "I ask you: are you the arrogant, foolish princess who wants to enslave me in your quest for the Holy Grail — or for endless pleasures and nightmares?"
    "Yup! Absolutely!"
    A chorus of agonized cries sounded from beneath the ground, and the children's arms growing around them burst into flames. In the blink of an eye, they were bleached skeletons. Then they crumbled to ash. The ash swirled in the gloom, and the Heroic Spirit loudly declared the contract formed.
    "Behold! The pledge is made!"
    The boy spread his arms amid the dust and sang out his name at the top of his voice:

"My name is Francois Prelati!"

Then, with an innocent smile, he continued the formula of the contract.
    "As the loyal servant of my Master, Francois — whoops, you're in a girl's body now — Francesca Prelati, I swear to risk my life to guide you to the Holy Grail!"
    "I also swear — to risk my soul to win through the Holy Grail War fair and square, so that you may obtain the Holy Grail in righteous glory!"
    Then, the boy and girl's smiles turned sly. Francois and Francesca continued to in perfect unison.

"'Just kidding!'"
    X X

The same time. Snowfield. Underneath a thermal power station.

Around the same time that Francesca was summoning herself somewhere in the city, Haruri, a mage specializing in witchcraft who had been trying to summon the true Berserker, was dying underneath one of its several thermal power stations.
    How did things end up like this, again...?
    Seeing the color of blood in the corners of her glazed eyes, she concluded that she was going to die soon. Healing magecraft was one of her specialties, but her magical energy was almost exhausted.
    She was certain her preparations to summon Berserker had been perfect. She was also certain that her summoning had actually succeeded. The problem was that the Berserker she had summoned had gone on a rampage before she had a chance make her contract. She had taken the full force of one of its blows.
    Still, I guess I'm... satisfied. It seems stronger... than I expected...
    She could dimly see the Heroic Spirit she had summoned. It looked bizarre.
    It appeared to be pacing around the room on all fours. Each step it took produced harsh, mechanical sounds. Incandescent light blazed in its eyes. The groans that occasionally emanated from it sounded distorted, like record played with a rusty needle.
    I poured plenty of my magical energy into you... and you should be able to get an alternative power source from this station... So, you'll be able to rampage to your heart's content...
    Haruri could not suppress a wry smile as she watched the rust-covered "thing" approach her.
    Although I bet you hate using energy your rival, Nicola Tesla, made. Oh... maybe that's why... you went out of control...
    "It" was now right in front of her. The ghastly Heroic Spirit looked like nothing so much as a robot with the motif of a four-legged spider or a grotesque lion.
    But it's strange... Even as Berserker... I expected him to look more... human. Could Mazda's influence have something to do with it...?
    I knew I should have summoned him as Caster and not let Francesca have it...
    It was too late for regrets. Haruri, however, did not fear death. She specialized in witchcraft, but she always used her own blood for her sacrificial medium.
    She had even drawn her summoning circle in her own blood. She had needed to shed a very nearly dangerous amount of it, but she had taken her time, occasionally giving herself a transfusion from the blood packs she had prepared in advance for the purpose and using healing magecraft to stimulation blood formation.
    If the thing she had summoned as a result was going to kill her, then this must be as far as she could go. Haruri smiled derisively at herself and slowly stretched out a hand toward the Heroic Spirit.
    "Alright... I'll sacrifice myself... to you..."
    She had only one wish for the Grail: revenge against the "magical society" that had taken everything from her people. She did not care if it was the Clock Tower, the Atlas Institute, or even the various unauthorized mage circles that dotted the globe. She simply felt that nothing could be more ironic than bringing them to ruin through machinery, industry, or any other overpowering "energy" distant from magecraft.
    Maybe it serves me right... for trying to use the Grail for something so petty...
    "Come on, kill me. In exchange... go on living however you want as long as you exist. Show the whole world what you are. Make their secrecy pointless..."
    Haruri put the last of her willpower into the declaration. Once she had made it, it did not matter to her when she was killed. She resolved to wait for the Heroic Spirit to strike. What actually descended on her, however, was an unfamiliar woman's voice.

"You've got a weird way of struggling."

Haruri instinctively opened her eyes, which had been shut tight. Before her stood a breathtakingly beautiful woman with unnaturally white skin.
    An... an Einzbern homunculus!?
    She had heard that one was in the city and assumed it was after a Master's position. Still, had never expected it to appear here. She had been sure the site of her summoning was completely secret.
    I really must be paying for my sins... I've always been careful to only use myself as a sacrifice, but once I got here, I didn't care what happened to the townspeople... and it made my magecraft impure.
    She decided that if she was going to be killed either way, it did not make much difference if it was by the Einzbern homunculus or the Heroic Spirit. Then she noticed something strange.
    "...What?"
    Her wounds were closing. Her vision was clearing.
    "Wh-what? But I..."
    She did not remember casting a healing spell. In the first place, her magical energy was running dry, so she could not have even if she wanted to. Haruri was baffled, and what the "white woman" said next only baffled her more.
    She turned to the Berserker beside her and addressed it as if it was her pet dog.
    "Come on. That girl's your Master. Now hurry up and make a contract."
    What in the world...?
    Pain receded and confusion took it's placed in Haruri's brain. She had not yet formed a contract, but the rights of a Master were still hers. She barely had time to think that no Berserker would listen to a mage who did not even have Command Seals, however, before another of her accepted notions crumbled.
    "Pro... PRRRRRRR-ro-ro-ro... Protec... ect-ect-ectTTTT."
    Berserker did as the "white woman" said and bowed its head in a show of obedience to the fallen Haruri.
    "Good boy. That's it. I'll tie your meridians to her for you."
    An instant later, the pass of magical energy linked them, and the Heroic Spirit's sensations reached Haruri through her Command Seals. That was when she realized — the Berserker she had summoned was afraid of the "white woman."
    "Wh-who... are you...?"
    "Still," the "white woman" continued, ignoring Haruri's question, "you're lucky a 'vessel' this easy to enter just happened to be here."
    She stared at her own hands and feet, then nodded, apparently impressed. Next, she turned to look at the confused-looking Haruri and slowly reached out a hand to touch Haruri's cheek.
    That was when Haruri realized. Realized that the "power" flowing into her through the woman's hand did not belong in this world.
    Im-impossible... This is... But she's not even a Heroic Spirit...! No; even for a Heroic Spirit, such concentrated "power" is...!
    The "white woman" — or, more accurately, the thing inside the "white woman" — must have sensed Haruri's fear.
    "Don't worry," she smiled confidently. "I may not look like it, but I'm fond of humans."
    There was warmth in the words, but they seemed to come from such a height that none of it reached Haruri.
    "Now that I'm here, I'll be sure to rule you properly!"
    At that point the mechanical doll that was supposed to be Haruri's Servant let out a roar, as if to show his approval. As if in praise of the "white woman."
    "███████████████████████████████RRRRrrrRRR—!"

What?
    Haruri had been released from the fear of death, but another fear had taken its place.
    She did not yet know how terrible the thing that had taken up residence in the Einzbern homunculus due to the influence of the catalyst she had prepared truly was.

Thus, the players were all assembled. On the stage of Snowfield, every one of them was a spectator, every one of them was a critic, and each and every one of them was a performer.

With the exception of one boy who had yet to make the jump from the interlude to the stage. One boy the Grail had yet to assign a part.

FSF Interlude: The Trials Begin

Interlude

The Trials Begin

Sigma did not remember the moment he had become a child soldier. It was how he had lived as far back as he could remember. He had been forced to fire a gun when he was barely five years old. Enduring the further mental and physical pain caused by strange magical experiments for purposes he did not understand.
    The would-be mages had created a unit to carry out magical warfare against enemy nations. He was apparently one of the soldiers created for that purpose.
    He heard that they had gathered other soldiers with similarly elementary attainments in magecraft — soldiers who, either through random chance or through distant relation to mages, possessed Magic Circuits — and forced them to have sexual intercourse with female soldiers who likewise possessed Magic Circuits, even if only a few. Of the resulting children, they had selected twenty-four whose Magic Circuits were of a usable level and assigned them Greek letters as code names.
    A small, nameless special forces unit whose existence was unknown even to the people of the nation it served. It had been created with the idea of employing unusual abilities to inflict damage on enemy nations, with no regard for secrecy. Mages, primarily the Clock Tower, had gotten wind of it in advance and crushed it along with the teetering dictatorship.
    Sigma had only learned of his precise roots after he had been released from the former government. It hardly mattered to him whether they were true or false.
    A mother had given birth in the natural course of events, without acquiring a knowledge of magecraft. The child had been taken from her before she had a chance to name it and set on the path of a tool of the state.
    On the basis of his experience as a child soldier, he had become a mercenary who used magecraft. That, however, had only been a matter of doing what his employer told him to. It was not worth mentioning.
    "I really don't think there's anything else to tell."
    "You make it sound ordinary, but you realize that's quite a hard life, objectively speaking?"
    Sigma had tried explaining what kind of person he was in order to establish communication with the beings that called themselves "shadows." When he reexamined himself, however, he was forced to acknowledge that he had spent his life doing only what others had forced on him.
    The fact that that realization did not make him feel empty made him think that he really might be a little odd. Still, there was nothing he could do about that at this point.
    "What happened to your mother?" The boy with the snake staff asked.
    "I don't know if it's the truth, but I'm told she participated in a Grail War in the far East as a mage's assistant and died. The mage was called Emiya Kiritsugu."
    "The fact that you remember the mage's name clearly means you must have some feelings on the matter."
    "Does it? I wonder. I don't know anything about their relationship except that she was his assistant. I don't even know my mother's name or what she looked like. I only know Emiya Kiritsugu's name because he's considered a legend among mercenaries who use magecraft."
    He had been a freelance mage of remarkable ability, known and feared by the nickname "mage killer." He had completed dangerous missions one after another all across the globe, until the Einzberns had hired him. Sigma had heard from his employer that the man had won through to the endgame of the fourth Holy Grail War in Fuyuki, although Sigma's mother had supposedly lost her life in the process.
    "Only... If my mother followed that man of her own free will, I'm a little jealous of her."
    "Jealous?"
    "Whatever her feelings, my mother must at least have seen a reason to live in that Emiya Kiritsugu man. I, on the other hand, have nothing; no one to respect and no one to want revenge on."
    Sigma spoke matter-of-factly. He sounded less like he was disparaging himself than he did like he was simply stating facts.
    "Oh, you can make a reason to live," the Captain told him. "Get into enough desperate scrapes, and you'll naturally find something to cling to. Fight your way through certain death, boy. Keep struggling against God. Never accept anything. It's on the other side of all that that the proof you're alive will be born."
    Fighting through certain death to find a reason to live was putting the cart before the horse. The Captain could only talk that way because it was not his problem, Sigma thought and decided to ignore the advice. The Captain, however, looked behind Sigma to the entrance of the room with a look of real enjoyment on his features.
    "Look, boy; Your first trial's already arrived."
    Sigma turned and saw a shadow standing there. To be precise, he saw a girl wrapped in shadowy black robes.
    "Are you...?"
    Just as Sigma was about to take her for another one of the "shadows," he noticed something out of place. So far, only a single shadow had appeared at a time. Now, however, he was certain that he had seen the Captain and the girl at the same time.
    By the time Sigma realized that, it was already too late. In an instant, the girl Assassin was right in front of him. In a voice stripped of emotion, she asked:

"Are you a mage who seeks the Holy Grail?"

From that moment on, Sigma was to walk into a series of unreasonable "trials." Not trials that anyone demanded of him — trials simply to learn who he was.

With no way of knowing whether the "self" he obtained at the end of those trials would bring him glory, or despair.

FSF Bridge: One Day, In the City

Bridge

One Day, In the City

Snowfield. An urban area.

What am I looking at?
    Clutching his prosthetic right hand, the young man — a member of Clan Calatin, the special unit under the direction of the chief of police — gasped at the scene unfolding before his eyes.
    He saw a bowman with reddish-brown skin and a strange cloth hanging over his head. The Heroic Spirit was nothing like the Assassin they had fought in the police station. He was equally unlike the monster that had subsequently taken the man's right hand. He was simply, simply... strong.
    Even if they gained the full power of all their Noble Phantasms, the young officer had no confidence that any of them would be of use against the bowman.
    Oh, I see. This must be a real hero, the officer almost acknowledged. Then he gritted his teeth.
    ...This guy? The bastard who's wrecking the city and trying to kill a little kid?
    Several of his fellow Clan Calatin members already lay on the ground around him. If might makes right, then he supposed the bowman in front of him must be "right." The officer's last shred of pride, however, would not allow him to accept that. It lit a flame of courage in his heart.
    Then he gasped again.
    What am I looking at?
    He saw a police officer just like him. That officer, however, was not part of Clan Calatin. There was something strange about him.
    They're still fighting with that monster. Who the hell are they?
    He appeared and vanished, vanished and reappeared around the bowman. Time and again his body were mangled or pierced with arrows, but the same officer continued to challenge the Heroic Spirit. His attacks were doing no damage to the bowman. Nevertheless, they had been fighting ceaselessly for minutes.
    When that bizarre scene had gone on for a while, the bowman spoke gravely.

"Weakling... I would ask your name."

The officer took a step back.
    "I have no name," he replied, grinning broadly.
    Then there was two officers. They continued speaking with the same voice.
    "O great hero, you who live on in legends of the Age of the Gods, changing your form with the times and accumulating great deeds: I, a humble criminal, so weak that a gust of wind could blow me away, have only one thing to say to you."
    The number of officers increased again.
    "I am sure you have a reason for your resolve," the four officers surrounding the bowman declared. "But if that resolve leads you to deny divine power! If deny and discard all the deeds of the gods, good and ill alike!"
    The eight "things" had taken on a number of appearances in addition to police officers. Their voices echoed down the city street.
    "However mighty you may be, you are now, as you desired, human."
    Sixteen roars addressed the bowman's soul.
    "O hero who has fallen into thuggery, into humanity! However great a hero you may be! Even if you have the power to destroy the world!"
    Thirty-two fearless grins hemmed in the bowman. The next moment they were vanishing, as if they were being absorbed back into the original one.
    "So long as your essence is human... you will be hunted by a powerless 'killer.'"
    Then, the police officer — the nameless Berserker, Jack the Ripper — faced the reddish-brown bowman. Laying bare his own essence, he shouted the name of his Noble Phantasm — the trump card he played to end the great hero's life.

"From Hell!"

In the midst of the disintegrating Grail War, a chain of battle silently began. Almost as if hapless fate was speaking to the mages and Heroic Spirits:

"O weaklings, challenge the strong."

Next Episode: [Fake 04]

FSF True Archer profile

Class:

Avenger / True Archer

Master: Bazdilot Cordelion
    True Name: Alkeides
    Sex: Man
    Height and Weight: 203cm, 141kg
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Strength: A
    Magical Power: A
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: A++

Personal Skills:
    Distortion: A
    Proof that Alkeides has been forcibly wrenched out of the Class he was originally summoned in and given the characteristics of another Class. In exchange, the rank of one of his original Class Skills is lowered. In Alkeides case, Independent Action is reduced to rank C.

Eye of the Mind (True): B
    Insight on the battlefield founded on training and discipline. As Alkeides has discarded the instincts given to him by the gods, the skill manifests due to the skills he built up as a human.

Valor: E
    The skill to brush aside glamour, confusion, and other forms of mental interference. It also boosts combat ability.
    As a side effect of Command Seals being used to extract the divine curse from Alkeides' body, the skill has weakened considerably in comparison to its original rank.

Battle Continuation: A+
    The ability to continue fighting even after suffering mortal wounds, representing Alkeides' mighty struggle for life on the battlefield.

Class Skills:
    Avenger: A
    Independent Action: C
    Anti-Magic: A

Noble Phantasms:
    The Twelve Glories: King's Order
    The numerous proofs of overcoming trials that Alkeides obtained in exchange for giving up his immortality along with his divinity. Alkeides is able to materialize Noble Phantasms he obtained in legends of his life, such as the hide of a divine beast and the War God's Belt, and use them as his tools. He is, however, twisting the reason of the Holy Grail in order to make use of them. As a result, doing so consumes several times more magical energy than they ordinarily would.

Shooting the Hundred Heads: Nine Lives
    Rank: C-A+; Classification: Unknown; Range: Adapts to fit circumstances
    The manifestation of the technique of "shooting the hundred heads" — employing a wide variety of martial arts with handheld weapons or bare hands — as a Noble Phantasm. It draws out the power of a weapon to its utmost limit, taking many forms — from anti-personnel to anti-army and anti-fortress — according to the circumstances.

FSF True Rider profile

Class:

True Rider

Master: ?
    True Name: Hippolyte
    Sex: Woman
    Height and Weight: 159cm, 50kg
    Alignment: Lawful Good

Strength: B
    Magical Power: C
    Luck: D
    Noble Phantasm: A

Personal Skills:
    Charisma: B
    A skill that combines both the ability to command necessary to unify a nation and individual personal magnetism.

Divinity: B
    A skill that indicates the degree of Divine Spirit Affinity, the depth of one's kinship to the gods. Hippolyte was a priestess of Artemis as well as a queen, in addition to being a child of the war god Ares, and so is cloaked in powerful divinity. As she did not reach the Throne of Gods after death, however, she falls short of A rank.

Class Skills:
    Riding: A
    Anti-Magic: C

Noble Phantasms:
    The War God's Belt: Goddess of War
    Rank: A; Classification: Anti-Personnel-Anti-Fortress Noble Phantasm; Range: —
    A battle standard — an aspect of Hippolyte's father, the war god Ares — remade in the form of a sash. It greatly raises the user's strength, endurance, agility, and magical power. Due to the rarefaction of Mystery in the modern era, however, it cannot be used to raise these parameters beyond a certain point.

All that remains now is the afterword, which I'll translate and post when I have time. (Most likely sometime next week.) I'll post an ebook version of book 3 at the same time. After that, I'll do the afterwords to book 1, then edit as time permits while I wait for book 4. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, regular updates will resume once book 4 is out and in my possession.

As always, all comments are corrections are appreciated (especially now, so that I can fix things for the ebook).

Here is the new doc with the whole thing and the last illustration, because I could no figure out how to easily update the old one:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    What a wonderful update. So Alkeides is pretty much becoming public enemy number one. Can't wait to see him get dogpiled. Also not even the Einzbern homunculus is normal. Of course.