Page 9857 of 10292 FirstFirst ... 885793579757980798479852985598569857985898599862986799079957 ... LastLast
Results 197,121 to 197,140 of 205831

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Have you tried to contact Seika through twitter?

Blog Entries
    Law is such an odd example for that: if anything you should use medicine, which is already majority female in school, and that sure doesn’t seem devalued. Law is awful because your entire career is tracked off your school.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

the tortured magi department Prix with a Silent X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Law is such an odd example for that: if anything you should use medicine, which is already majority female in school, and that sure doesn’t seem devalued. Law is awful because your entire career is tracked off your school.
    Medicine at least in America is a whole other can of worms about what exactly is being valued. And I don't happen to know any doctors while I know a lawyer, so it was just what came to mind.
    Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Blog of Fiction for You to Consume
    Other Links

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Let Sakura say fuck and eat junkfood you weirdos.

It's happening right now in my profession in my country. Everybody is confused that architects elsewhere are so much more respected too.

Blog Entries
    It's happening right now in my profession in my country. Everybody is confused that architects elsewhere are so much more respected too.
    Yeah, like, every time someone goes 'I want to be an architect!' in primary school I feel like they're almost inevitably shot down with the idea that it is super difficult and requirs both math and art skills that are kind of viewed as mutually exclusive or something in a way that other intensive training professions aren't immediately shot down for little ones.

Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die.
    Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.

Other Links

Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I now live in a house full of architects and they're all p bro-y
    and smoke a lot of weed

- - - Updated - - -

And there's a 3D printer in the backyard inside a Vitamin Water fridge someone probably stole from someplace
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

My country is kinda endemic in a sense that architecture students here have become predominantly female unlike the rest of the world afaik so yeah you can kinda feel that it's seen as a 'girly' profession that deals with trivialities. Civil engineers in particular love going on about how architects are frivolous, unrealistic and technically inept compared to them.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I hear Archies are literally incapable of sleep.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't Ratman an architect? Or a student along those lines? I remember him ranting about an incredibly expensive and hideous modern art sculpture in his city or something, along the lines of Dublin's Spire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

He was in sculpture iirc. That's more hard art than architecture.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Have you tried to contact Seika through twitter?
    I don't have Twitter. [crying emoji]

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I miss Ratman

i don’t think he liked GO

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    Make one?
    Fine, fine! I surrender to the Dark Side.
    ...Er, what's Seika's twitter, though?

I mean, you don't have to?
    Seika is probably swamped with work these days anyway

I imagine she is, but I could really use some help, so I'm going to give it a try.

Blog Entries
    what do you need to read
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

The arts have never been masculine, nor have artists ever been masculine, nor have I as an artist from a family of artists ever been obsessed with masculinity. Femininity is the creating will that resides within artists. What art in the postmodern age lacks is quality, a consequence of the devaluation of artistic talent. Architects are great at what they do because they have to be smart enough to erect buildings.

As Goethe said: "Architecture is frozen music". The rest of the arts fall victim to subjectivity, lack of artistic discipline and the notions of validation and "artistic" expression. If you ever go into an art museum, like MOCA here in LA, you'll understand what I mean. There are some fine examples of modern artists such as James Turrell but art as a whole is lacking, not entirely because artistic endeavors can be obscene or unfruitful, but rather because art has been abandoned by the dexterous and embraced by clods. I appreciate a multitude of the artists that have come forward since the impressionists such as Basquiat and maybe even Warhol, but I think that if you intend to make people respect the arts, you should make the arts respectable. Music and Architecture are about the only things that aren't mediocre nowadays.

Literature hasn't improved since the science fiction writers, and books were pretty much replaced by movies, sculpting has become the art of turds, urinals and used car parts and painting has become the practice of literally tossing oneself across a canvas and calling it art. It's just a get-rich-quick scheme for people who know how to manipulate people's interpretations of talent. Not to mention the degradation of several centuries of Opera tradition into shitty musicals for people who love plagiarizing Pink Floyd songs (phantom of the opera; it can be said perhaps ironically that the art of the musical is literally the "phantom of the opera").

Its clear to me that art serves more of a purpose than empirical observation suggests, something any skeptic or "objectivist" who meanders towards the sciences isn't willing to admit; as Dostoyevsky said "The world will be saved by beauty" and as Nietzsche said "Art is the supreme task and the truly metaphysical activity". If anything is to blame for the devaluation of art, it is not the inattentiveness of non-artists towards art, but our inattentiveness towards art as artists.

The prince says that the world will be saved by beauty! And I maintain that the reason he has such playful ideas is that he is in love.

Blog Entries
    Mujaya, please go outside and have a conversation with an in-the-flesh person.

Other Links

Spoiler:

I talk to people all of the time and none of them ever have anything interesting to say.

The prince says that the world will be saved by beauty! And I maintain that the reason he has such playful ideas is that he is in love.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tomorrow is Cruel Angel Day friends, lend me your strength.
    zankoku na tenshi no you ni
    shoujo, yo shinwa ni nare !
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless