Page 608 of 782 FirstFirst ... 108508558598603606607608609610613618658708 ... LastLast
Results 12,141 to 12,160 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

True, what can be a Servant got way looser after CCC and FGO. Some gods summoned in FGO and even composite gods like the Alter Egos can be said to be Servants but they are not Heroic Spirits. In that sense it's fine to make Servants more powerful than Gil as long as they are gods.
    Last edited by Dartz; November 2nd, 2015 at 06:33 PM.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Blog Entries
    FGO's god servants aren't particularly impressive though, so I'm not sure that logic holds.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

My point is that hypothetical gods Servants don't need to be restricted to being weaker than Gil (even if most of them are) because they are not Heroic Spirits.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Blog Entries
    The reason I'm not sure about it is because of the nature of Servant containers.

While gods could definitely have more raw power than Gilgamesh, that should get nerfed by the container's limits.

Well, it could happen I guess.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    True, what can be a Servant got way looser after CCC and FGO. Some gods summoned in FGO and even composite gods like the Alter Egos can be said to be Servants but they are not Heroic Spirits. In that sense it's fine to make Servants more powerful than Gil as long as they are gods.
    It.didn't though.

Alteregos are alteregos. Therefore high servants.
    Euryale and stheno shouldnt happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

And Artemis? It shouldn't happen but looks like FGO allows it.
    Last edited by Dartz; November 2nd, 2015 at 08:13 PM.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Blog Entries
    Artemis is just hanging out with her boo, don't hate.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think at the end of the day if the God decides on a whim to appear as a Servant they are free to fuck the system as they want.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Archer:

True Name: Cupid/Eros ("Just call me Cupie-chan~♥")

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Strength- C
    Agility- A
    Endurance- D
    Mana- B
    Luck- A
    NP- C

Appearance: A tall and full-figured young woman with peach-toned skin, ridiculously poofy rose colored hair down to her hips and matching wide eyes with heart-shaped pupils. Has a pair of white feathery wings extending from her upper back, which retract into a stubby form when not in use to save space and help conceal her identity. Her combat wear consists of a flatteringly cut white robe with gold trim, and bronze colored strap-on heels. Basically for her base appearance, just think a humanized anime-esque version of Pinkie Pie from Friendship Is Magic.

Equipment: An ornate white and gold carved bow. A quiver full of special arrows described under the Noble Phantasms section.

Personality: Exactly as flighty and unpredictable as the emotion associated with her would suggest. Somewhat childish at times as well, with a tendency to throw temper-tantrums or pout if she doesn't get her own way. She can be called "one who loves all, without distinction" to whom distinctions such as gender, class and creed are meaningless and absurd. Her love is full and without reservations, but it can be called "selfish" because she pays no mind to whether or not it is reciprocated. She appreciates all flavors of love indiscriminately. Tragic love. Forbidden love. Pure love. Tainted love. Love mixed with hate. All types are judged equally beautiful in her eyes. She rather dislikes the violent connotations of her Archer class and prefers to call herself a "Lover" class of Heroic Spirit. Her wish on the Holy Grail would be for the whole population of the world to throw down their arms and join hands together in love.

Dislikes: violence, wars
    Hobby: doing imaginary wedding-rehearsals
    Natural Enemy: Artemis

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance (C)- Can cancel spells with an incantation of less than two verses. Cannot cope with the likes of High Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Independant Action (A)- Ability to remain in existence indefinitely without prana supply from a Master. However, additional supply of prana is required for the usage of Noble Phantasms. A high rank in this Skill befitting the embodiment of love, which cannot be held down or restricted by any means.

Personal Skills:

Affections Of The Goddess (EX)- A Skill denoting the boosting of base parameters due to possessing divine favor. In Archer's case, this Skill is reversed to allow her to temporarily boost the parameters of another Heroic Spirit. The boost can be distributed so she can either raise one parameter by three rankings, three parameters by one ranking or any combination thereof. In order to provide the boost some physical contact is required, any will suffice but of course she usually prefers a kiss.

Divinity (C)- Measures the strength of one's existence as a Divine Spirit. Due to the limitations of the Heaven's Feel system, her rank in this Skill is lowered greatly from what it would otherwise be.

Flight (B+)- Ability to fly and manuever through the air. Depending on the rank, one's maneuverability and travel speed varies. At B+ rank, Archer is capable of travelling at Mach 2 velocity (twice that in a momentary burst) and performing a variety of fairly complex aerial manuevers.

Clairvoyance (C)- Enhanced visual perception. At this rank, Archer is capable of accurate aim in a four-kilometer range as well as being able to track down moving targets with considerable ease.

Love Conquers All
    Amor Vincit Omnia
    (EX)- The victory of love, brazenly trampling upon the symbols of the world. When facing someone who fights for something other than love, Archer's parameters will be forcibly raised to one + modifier above that of the opponent. Additionally the Personal Skills Eye For Art, Territory Creation and Military Tactics will be given a rank down if the opponent possesses them. This Skill can be bypassed if the opponent possesses a Divinity ranking equal or surpassing Archer's own.
    "Love conquers all, and so let us surrender ourselves to Love."

Noble Phantasms:

Véli Eros- Arrows Of Desire And Aversion (C, Anti-Unit): The enchanted arrows possessed by the love god Cupid in Greek Mythology. They come in two different types, one with a sharp golden point and the other with a blunt tip of lead. Those wounded by the golden-tipped arrows will feel an uncontrollable infatuation and desire for a target of Archer's choosing, while those wounded by the leaden-tipped ones will feel the opposite, a strong aversion and desire to flee from a given target. In both cases, the designated target must be within eye-sight of the victim. Archer herself can choose to annulle the effect at any time. The effects scale down depending on the target's Magic Resistance, as well as Skills granting immunity to mental interference such as Bravery and Soul Of A Martyr. Even then, they're still perfectly capable of dealing ordinary physical wounds.

Skasila- Oh Cruel Love, Skewer My Heart (A, Anti-Unit): Archer's most potent arrow, carrying with it the concept of "heartbreak". Unlike the other two types, it possesses a tip of the finest silver. Upon being struck by this arrow, the target will be overcome with the unbearable pain of lost love. It is not something that can be bypassed by Magic Resistance or other Skills, for it is the "absolute pain of unrequited love" that cuts down to the very meaning of being human. None with a heart can evade its effects, not even the coldest and most stoical of individuals. While this attack might be thought most effective against those with histories of tragedy and heartbreak, that impression could hardly be more false. It is those with the most sheltered hearts that prove most susceptible, afflicting them with a pain they can scarcely comprehend, let alone overcome. While those who've already experienced heartbreak in life might have gained some resistance to it (or at least familiarity). The effect lasts for only a short duration of around ten minutes or so, however that is all Archer needs for most opponents. Contrary to what you'd expect from a patron goddess of love, Archer does not mind the use of this Noble Phantasm at all, saying that the pain of heartbreak is simply a side of love like any other. After all, she is someone who cherishes the ugly aspects of love as well.

Amores- Companions Of The Love Goddess (D+, Support): Otherwise known as Erotes, a collective of winged lesser gods associated with love and sex in Greek Mythology. They form a part of Aphrodite's retinue. Archer can summon these creatures as familiars; appearing as nearly nude, child-like and winged figures akin to the modern idea of the Cherub. They are mischevious and greatly enjoy pulling pranks, but will take orders from Archer herself. Each of them is armed with a bow looking like a miniature version of Archer's own and an analogous quiver full of arrows. The arrows are of the same type as possessed by Archer herself, although the effects are less potent (ranked D instead of C). Their numbers are functionally boundless, although only five or lower can be summoned at any given time.

The perfect time to post this, considering everyone's been having a discussion over the possibility of gods as Heroic Spirits. I actually came up with the core idea behind this design quite a while ago, as the Archer class Servant for a hypothetical Fate fanfic I may write someday (maybe... don't get your hopes up!) but I ended up replacing her with Annie in the final version. I revised her NPs though, her first remained pretty much the same but originally she had her wings as a second Noble Phantasm as well as a generic arrow-rain type thing for an Anti-Army level attack. The new ones I came up with are much more interesting in my opinion (I'm particularly proud of the idea behind Skasila). Oh, and please try to give comments and criticisms if you have the time! (It's what Cupid would do)
    Last edited by RoydGolden; March 7th, 2016 at 01:33 AM.

Blog Entries
    "Cupid in Greek mythology". Immediately reducing your score by a letter grade. Eros is who you are looking for in this instance. Roman would be correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Aw, but then I don't get to keep the cute nickname~ (pouty face)

Blog Entries
    I like Athena the best, so those related too closely to Aphrodite or Ares I'm obligated to dislike. It's in my contract.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Changed her True Name section to list Cupid/Eros instead of just Cupid. The idea being that she can identify as either one of them depending on the situation (a lot of the Roman gods were pretty much just the Greek ones with names changed, after all).

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    There's probably going to be some more stuff about the deal with Artemis in Okeanos seeing as her profile is gibberish right now and she's still going by Orion, but according to Waver the best Chaldea can do for divine spirits is divine spirit possession.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    I like Athena the best, so those related too closely to Aphrodite or Ares I'm obligated to dislike. It's in my contract.
    Damned favoritism! How could you ever dislike such a cutie? Oh well, she still loves you even if you don't reciprocate. Also in some versions of the story Cupid/Eros was a primordial god who came into existence asexually, him being a child of Aphrodite was a later invention I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deadfish View Post
    There's probably going to be some more stuff about the deal with Artemis in Okeanos seeing as her profile is gibberish right now and she's still going by Orion, but according to Waver the best Chaldea can do for divine spirits is divine spirit possession.
    The thing with Artemis and Orion is really strange. Like how Orion is a teddy bear for some reason(?) and her personality section on Type-Moon Wiki is just one sentence describing her as searching for dango of all things (which must be a mistranslation).

Blog Entries
    Don't use the T-M wiki for anything other than entertainment value at how terrible and wrong it is.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    I actually don't really mind the Type-Moon wiki. Most of the information regarding characters from the older works that have had time to go through proper translation seems pretty accurate to me (I mean, it's often weird but I'm pretty sure that's Nasu weird rather then badly translated weird). Besides it's not like the average fan has any more reliable source unless you want to actually learn Japanese. Also the Skills list that they have comes in very handy for constructing Servant sheets. By the way, can anyone give some commentary on my Cupid/Eros sheet farther up? Pretty please~ (Makes my best cute face) If I don't get some commentary before we get to a new page then it'll probably end up lost to the annuls of forum history like my Arsalan or Squanto sheet.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; November 2nd, 2015 at 10:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    The thing with Artemis and Orion is really strange. Like how Orion is a teddy bear for some reason(?) and her personality section on Type-Moon Wiki is just one sentence describing her as searching for dango of all things (which must be a mistranslation).
    No, her event is all about her wanting dangos.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Wait, that part's actually accurate? Forgive me Type-Moon Wiki, I'm sorry I ever doubted you!!

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I actually don't really mind the Type-Moon wiki. Most of the information regarding characters from the older works that have had time to go through proper translation seems pretty accurate to me (I mean, it's often weird but I'm pretty sure that's Nasu weird rather then badly translated weird).
    That's the point, people can't tell the difference when they haven't actually read the original text.

But I understand taking what you can get, just keep a healthy skepticism.