Page 627 of 782 FirstFirst ... 127527577617622625626627628629632637677727 ... LastLast
Results 12,521 to 12,540 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Oh, like Wonko the Sane's house?
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No. More like Mary Poppins's carpet bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Now I'm wondering how I got confused when I'm the one who wrote the damn thing.

So to sum up, Spenta Armaiti lets him cast an Undetectable Extension Charm on the area and also earthbend.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Okay, I sort of get it now. That leaves quite a hefty blind-spot though, if the opponent manages to get past the "outer circle". Though he still has other means to defend himself with, so he's far from helpless even in that case.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; December 9th, 2015 at 12:52 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries

---Rider---
    - Indrajit -
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    ====================
    Strength: B
    Endurance: B
    Agility: A
    Mana: A
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: A++

====================
    Character details
    Dislikes: His traitorous uncle, Unreasonable odds
    Talents: Snake charming
    Natural Enemy: Lakshmana

Class Skills \
    ~ Magic Resistance: [B]
    A Servant's resistance to magic and other thaumaturgical effects. At B-rank, spells of four-verses or lower are instantly nullified.

~ Riding: [A+++]
    A Servant's skill at riding mounts and vehicles. Rider, naturally, possesses the highest rank of this skill. There is nothing, phantasmal beast; dragon-kin or otherwise, that he cannot ride.

Personal Skills \
    ~ Conqueror of the Heavens: [A]
    All of the Devas were shocked when Rider, a mere mortal, challenged and bested the Lord of the Heavens. Granted boons and a new title by Lord Brahma, his new name became feared throughout the Celestial realms. This skill mirrors that legend, inducing a two-rank stat deduction against Servants with [Divinity] of B-rank or higher, and one-rank reduction against Servants with [Divinity] C-rank or lower.

~ True Demon: [C]
    Denotes a Servant's status as a "Demon", an imaginary being whose existence is more like a curse. Though his father was known as the Demon King, he was actually only half-demon on his mother's side, making Rider effectively 1/4.

~ Nikumbhila Devi: [-]
    A divine rite which, if performed once every day in the sanctuary of Nikumbhila, grants complete invincibility (which exceptions to the Holy Church's Sacraments). The rite becomes inoperable after being interrupted once.

~ Mana Burst (Lightning): [B]
    A special form of Mana Burst that uses lightning. Rider's interpretation of this skill stems from his experience during his bout with a storm god.

Noble Phantasms \
    Indra -Indra, Come Purge This World!-
    [Anti-Fortress] EX (Range: EX Target: 1000 People)
    It is said that after Meghanada bested Indra, he tried to tie the god to the front of his chariot, but was stopped on Lord Brahma's request. Instead, the young prince was bestowed the name Indrajit, the "Conqueror of Indra." While this tale is honest, the Lord of the Devas did not forget his defeat so easily. It was fair duel, and he suffered a fair lost. Though Indra was not fastened to Indrajit's chariot, in honor of the prince who conquered him in his domain, he provided a fitting substitute - he became the chariot.

Under the proper conditions - Indrajit performing a chant and yaga during a thunderstorm - the Hindu deity Indra is summoned and acts as his ancient adversary's mount. His divinity is lowered to [A++], for a Celestial being such as he cannot exist in the modern world at full [Divinity]. The power of his astras are also diminished, robbed of their world destroying capabilities. If the clouds in the sky are cleared or Indrajit leaves Indra's shoulders, the storm god will dematerialize.

Brahmanda Astra -Brahma, Cleanse the Earth!-
    [Anti-Army] A++ (Range: 1-20 Target: 500 people)
    The ultimate form of Brahmastra. By calling upon the name of the god Brahma, it manifests into a chariot which chases the enemy down and then erupts into an explosion of voltage. It is said to be powerful enough of destroying the 14 realms at its maximum output.

Pashupatastra
    -Shiva, Erase This Filth!-
    [Anti-Unit] A+ (Range: 1-2 Target: 1 person)
    Never to be used against lesser enemies or by lesser warriors, the Pashupatastra is capable of destroying creation and vanquishing all beings. It activates from a glint in Indrajit's eye, and obliterates his enemy once direct eye-contact is made. This Noble Phantasm can only be used against those of "equal prowess." Against weaker foe or those with powers surpassing Indrajit, it's as harmless as a glare.

Vaishnavastra -Vishnu, Carry Me to Brilliance!-
    [Anti-Unit] A (Range: 1-35 Target: 1 person)
    An Astra that manifests as a large arrow, which Indrajit mounts and surfs into his foe. Unlike Brahmanda, Vaishnavastra does not explode upon impact. It pierces them, and some cases, tears right through them. In extreme cases, Indrajit can use the Vaishnavastra as method of dynamic maneuverability.

Lore

Rider's identity is Indrajit the son of King Ravana, the Demon King of Lanka and villain of the Ramayana. Born Meghanada, for his birth cry sounded like thunder, his father moved the constellation of the planets so that he would be all-powerful and all-knowing. Though this plan went awry, all was not lost, for the Prince of Lanka was a genius in every regard. At a young age he became apprentice to the demon guru Shukra, and mastered every sorcery that was shown to him. Eventually, he came into possession of several Celestial weapons, and was the only warrior to ever possess the three ultimate weapons of Trimurti: Brahmanda Astra, Vaishnavastra and Pashupatastra. His greatest show of superiority was his victory over the Lord of the Devas, Indra. Even Lord Brahma had to take notice of his prowess, and bestowed onto him the name Indrajit in exchange for leaving Indra unbound from the prince's chariot.

During the war, Indrajit tasted great victories early on - wiping out nearly all the Vanara, and becoming the only warrior to get the best of the "Ramayana's" hero, Rama on the battlefield. These successes were short-lived, however.

After his yaga in Nikumbhila was interrupted by Lakshmana and Indrajit's uncle, the prince used the Trimurti, but none of the ultimate astras would touch the former's skin. For Laksmana, like his brother, was an avatar of Vishnu. Upon this realization, Indrajit left the battlefield, and headed toward his father's court. A truce needed to be made. There was no way for them defeat Rama's brother if he was also an avatar for Lord Vishnu. The demon race would be exterminated. Genocide was a far worse fate than simply being on the losing end of a war. This is what he told his father, and the Demon King spat the word "Coward" in his face in disgust.

"You call yourself a Prince of Lanka? A warrior? You are a traitor! No different from your uncle!"

It was the only time Meghanada considered slaying his own father, and Ravana could feel the killing intent. Noticing the look on his father's face, Indrajit quickly calmed himself.

"What needs to be done is obvious..." he told himself before bidding farewell to his father.

He did the same to his mother and then to his wife, then headed back out to the battlefield. There he fought a fruitless battle against Lakshmana - one that shook the earth and Heavens and awed its audience, but its conclusion was an obvious one: Indrajit's astras were worthless, but Lakshmana's were not. Indrajit only fell when his opponent's Indrastra took his head. At the very least, the unfortunate prince earned the respect of his opponent during their duel.
    Last edited by AvengerEmiya; December 9th, 2015 at 09:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Peanut-007's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    *Angry Saber Noises*
    US Friend Code
    Vaishnavastra -Vishnu, Carry Me to Brilliance!-
    [Anti-Unit] A (Range: 1-35 Target: 1 person)
    An Astra that manifests as a large arrow, which Indrajit mounts and surfs into his foe. Unlike Brahmanda, Vaishnavastra does not explode upon impact. It pierces them, and some cases, tears right through them. In extreme cases, Indrajit can use the Vaishnavastra as method of dynamic maneuverability.
    First it was cool, then I read this and it was amazing.

"We have entered an infinite recursion of Saber."

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hindu Servants always OP.

Though I've never liked Indrajit ever since he was an awful boss fight in DDS2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Isn't he the same guy who tanked three anti-world NP equivalent to his face or was it someone else ?

Maybe He's Born With It, Maybe It's Maybelline Erlking's Avatar
    So how does the complete invincibility from Nikumbhila Devi work? Does it make him unkillable or does it make him succeed at everything he tries or what?

Also, not related to the cool sheet, can Mounts be summoned as riders? Could something like Bucephalus, who is canonically a heroic spirit, be summoned as a Rider class servant, perhaps with their own Rider as a Noble Phantasm?

Damn, I've wanted to do the Indrajit Servant sheet from the Ramayana epic since forever. Kudos to you.

Incidentally, his head, were it to fall to the ground, would engulf the world in a torrent of hell fire in my countries' localization of the epic. No idea if that's also the case in the original Hindu mythology.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlking View Post
    So how does the complete invincibility from Nikumbhila Devi work? Does it make him unkillable or does it make him succeed at everything he tries or what?
    It's invincibility in its purest form - the type that Superman man had in his earliest comics, where literally "nothing" could even scratch him.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Well, this girl is, supposedly, a Reality Marble. Ea has "destroy Reality Marbles" as its main effect. And when you remember that Gilgamesh was also the first monster slayer... and has the weapons of every monster slayer... welp.
    Heh. Good points, didn't consider those. I'm not sure Ea would have an additional effect on Echidna, since - if I'm reading it correctly - her RM is internal, much like Nero's; then again, Ea is so powerful I wouldn't be surprised a fully-charged attack with it just dealt enough damage to destroy her and all her beasts at the same time.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    I really do not understand why Church Sacraments would work on him.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    I really do not understand why Church Sacraments would work on him.
    Nikumbhila Devi doesn't so much make Indrajit invincible as it does "exclude him from harm". It's not that his body becomes unharmable, the concept of harm is just taken out of the picture entirely. For a day, at least.

Conceptual weapons don't play that "warp the rules of reality" shit, though. So they can still damage him.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Conceptual weapons don't play that "warp the rules of reality" shit, though. So they can still damage him.
    Ah. I thought that he had specific weakness against that type of mysteries, which looked really weird to me.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Can anybody here help fill in the blanks for my Ten Commandments as NP idea? I've entertained the idea of making a Caster!Moses sheet with it as that as his Noble Phantasm, the idea being that each commandment would have its own effect when invoked. The ones I've gotten down are:

Thou Shalt Not Kill: can be invoked to render non-lethal an otherwise lethal blow.

Thou Shalt Not Worship Any Other God Before Me: temporarily seals/reduces the rank of any Skills or NPs drawing power from gods other than Caster's own.

Thou Shalt Honor The Sabbath And Keep It Holy: creates a Bounded Field where any action meeting the Talmudic definition of "work" is conceptually prohibited.

Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness: allows Caster to magically discern the truth of the next statement someone makes.

...Other than that I'm not too sure (adultery one would negate the effect of Rule-Breaker type NPs maybe? But that'd be awfully specific...). Any help guys?

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Thou Shalt Not Kill: can be invoked to render non-lethal an otherwise lethal blow.
    Isn't it "You shall not murder"?

Also my idea would be that invoking the commandments doesn't prevent them from doing something but administers "punishment" for broken commandments.
    Aus Feuer ward der Geist geschaffen,
    drum schenkt mir süßes Feuer ein!
    Die Lust der Lieder und der Waffen,
    die Lust der Liebe schenkt mir ein,
    der Trauben süßes Sonnenblut,
    das Wunder glaubt und Wunder thut!

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    My problem with this idea is that the Commandments are for the Israelites, not for others. Like how Church Sacraments work on those of Judeo-Christian-based persons and groups but are crap against those with different foundations, I don't actually imagine them working on a ton of heroes even if it was set up as its own NP.

The real NP is the Ark of the Covenant. Go fling it at someone to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    My problem with this idea is that the Commandments are for the Israelites, not for others. Like how Church Sacraments work on those of Judeo-Christian-based persons and groups but are crap against those with different foundations, I don't actually imagine them working on a ton of heroes even if it was set up as its own NP.

Probably right, but it is fun to speculate

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Can anybody here help fill in the blanks for my Ten Commandments as NP idea? I've entertained the idea of making a Caster!Moses sheet with it as that as his Noble Phantasm, the idea being that each commandment would have its own effect when invoked. The ones I've gotten down are:

Thou Shalt Not Worship Any Other God Before Me: temporarily seals/reduces the rank of any Skills or NPs drawing power from gods other than Caster's own.

Thou Shalt Honor The Sabbath And Keep It Holy: creates a Bounded Field where any action meeting the Talmudic definition of "work" is conceptually prohibited.

Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness: allows Caster to magically discern the truth of the next statement someone makes.

...Other than that I'm not too sure (adultery one would negate the effect of Rule-Breaker type NPs maybe? But that'd be awfully specific...). Any help guys?
    No other gods before me could also hinder/damage Servants based on Divinity rank?

Quote Originally Posted by Elthanes View Post
    Isn't it "You shall not murder"?

Also my idea would be that invoking the commandments doesn't prevent them from doing something but administers "punishment" for broken commandments.
    Match up the each of the 10 commandments with one of the 10 Plagues of Egypt?

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I mean the Ark is pretty much just a sanctified box to carry the 10 commandments with.
    Aus Feuer ward der Geist geschaffen,
    drum schenkt mir süßes Feuer ein!
    Die Lust der Lieder und der Waffen,
    die Lust der Liebe schenkt mir ein,
    der Trauben süßes Sonnenblut,
    das Wunder glaubt und Wunder thut!