Page 705 of 782 FirstFirst ... 205605655695700703704705706707710715755 ... LastLast
Results 14,081 to 14,100 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    One of these days I'm going to make a Longinus sheet that is based on the "no-name centurion" who only checked to make certain Jesus was dead on the cross.
    And about his boastful talking lance. Excalibur-face.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Mary the Jewess - Has the potential to be very overpowered, With Kabbalah as a unique skill, I don't see High Speed Incantation as necessary, I had a similar issue with my Faust sheet. Everything else is great.

Caster!Altera - Still not overly fond of the concept to be honest, you picked the class she is least suitable with so it just doesn't work whatever way it's spinned.

Vish Kanya - She's unfinished so there's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said.

Beatrice - I'm not sure the Noble Phantasm is EX worthy, I'd drop it to A or A+. Everything else is solid.

Absalom - Seems a little underpowered but I think that's what you were aiming for. I wouldn't add the Murder Banquet as you already have 3 Noble Phantasms.

Hassan of Gunpowder - She has a simple design but it works well. The minimalism works with her theme. Didn't expect to see Cinder Fall as a faceclaim but it works if she was a heritic.

Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid - 10/10 of the Gyro and Johnny faceclaims. Very interesting Noble Phantasm (could it drop a steamroller on someone?)

F/GO

If we're keeping a biblical theme...
    Saber- Jesus
    Lancer- Loginus
    Archer- Nimrod
    Rider- Noah
    Berserker- Samson
    Assassin- Cain
    Fixed. Grand Saber Jesus would wipe the floor with Solomon and Gilgamesh and terminate the Grail War overnight. It'd be glorious!

After all, pacifist Jesus is overrated. Jesus with a literal flaming sword would be win...

Blog Entries
    Screw it, who cares if the Hassan of Serenity already does the same thing, I wanted to do a Vish Kanya sheet. Here's a complete version of her:

Class: Assassin
    Master:
    True Name:
    Vish Kanya
    Sex: Female
    Height/Weight: 163cm/53kg
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Appearance: This’ll do.

Stats
    Strength: E
    Endurance: C
    Agility: A
    Magical Energy: C
    Luck: D
    Noble Phantasm: C

Skills
    Class Skills:
    Presence Concealment: D
    The capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant.

Suitable for spying.

Personal Skills:
    Espionage: A
    Does not conceal one’s presence, but rather makes one presence fail to register as hostile.

At this rank hostility will only be detected just before she actively starts attacking someone.

Kalaripayattu: B
    An ancient Indian martial art. Without bearing upon strength and talent, it is the ancestor of all martial arts founded on the basis of rational thought. Defensively oriented.

Assassin is by no means a master of Kalaripayattu, but she is more than capable of defending herself from the occasional target who manages to resist her charms.

Protection from Wind: D
    A charm originating from the Middle East, used mainly for protection against sandstorms and Jinns.

Nullifies low level, Single-Action wind Magecraft.

Poisonproof: EX
    A skill that make the user resistant to poisons.

Assassin is completely immune to all poisons.

Noble Phantasm

Vish Kanya, the Poison Girl: D (Anti-Unit)
    The Vish Kanya were not the first to murder with poison, that distinction goes to the Wise Queen of Assyria, but they were the first to kill people with poison suffused into their body. Each of the Vish Kanya were fed a steady diet of poisons and antidotes practically from birth and, while many of them did not survive, the ones who did could kill from skin contact alone.

Anyone who touches Assassin, and does not possess a skill that gives them a resistance to poisons, will be instantly killed. If they do possess a resistance to poisons then further measures will be required to kill the target. Said measures could be anything from a simple kiss to intercourse to a blood transfusion.

It is worth noting that one of the Hassan-i-Sabbah, the Hassan of Serenity, would later adopt and improve upon the technique used by the Vish Kanya.

Vish Kanya, the Venomous Assassins: B- (Support)
    There was never one singular Vish Kanya, there were many. This Noble Phantasm allows Assassin to summon a ‘sister’ to help her with a task, or turn a regular woman into a Vish Kanya via careful administration of her own mana.

The cost of summoning another Vish Kanya is steep, however they will be at the level of a Servant when summoned and have the same skills as her, albeit at a reduced rank, with all E-Rank stats. The cost of turning a regular woman into a Vish Kanya varies depending on multiple factors, such as how many Circuits they have, whether they are resisting, etc… however, once the transformation is complete they will be an exact replica of Assassin, with equal stats and skills.

I honestly didn't put much effort into the NPs (especially the second one} but who cares.
    Last edited by Crying; April 29th, 2016 at 05:52 AM.
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    F/GO

Saber- ???
    Lancer- Loginus
    Archer- Nimrod
    Rider- Noah
    Berserker- Samson
    Assassin- Cain
    Spoiler:
    That would make sense, but it would seem boring to me (I was raised a Christian and know all of the legends except for Longinus pretty much by heart). Maybe you could sub in Enmerkar and Utnapishtim or Atrahasis for Nimrod and Noah respectively?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My own idea for the Grand Servants was Hou Yi (god of archery who later became a human) as Archer, Adam (original human with dominion over all the beasts of the earth) as Rider, Odin as Lancer (probably wouldn't work since he's a god, but whatever), Berserker I have no idea, Saber could probably still be Arturia and Assassin would be the Grim Reaper/Thanatos (conceptual embodiment of death).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    Fixed. Grand Saber Jesus would wipe the floor with Solomon and Gilgamesh and terminate the Grail War overnight. It'd be glorious!

After all, pacifist Jesus is overrated. Jesus with a literal flaming sword would be win...
    Funnily enough, I actually did once try and come up with a Saber Jesus based on the "I come not to bring peace but a sword" verse, though I couldn't think of how to make it interesting enough. Best I could come up with for the sword is that it would work kinda' like a broader version of Ciel's Seventh Holy Scripture, denying the existence of any entity going against Church teachings (vampires, witches, Pagan gods, et cetera).

Blog Entries
    Class: Lancer
    True Name: Athena
    Also known as: Athena Pallas, Athena Parthenos, Athena Gorgonophonos and Athena Tritogeneia to name a few
    Sex: Female
    Alignment: True Neutral

Face Claim

Personality
    Seemingly cold and distant, people who have had counsel with her would know Athena is a rather sociable goddess who is willing to crack a joke or two to lighten the mood and is very patient with people of somewhat slow mind conversing with her when she can tell they are trying their best to be presentable. When not giving counsel to those seeking her wisdom, she is usually helping yet another hero through a difficult quest, doing more than what other gods and goddesses would do to ensure her charge's success.

However, despite being revered by mortals for all she has done for them and respected by the gods and goddesses of Olympus for her wisdom and cunning, Athena knows she is far from perfect. Her actions with Medusa, Arachne and many others were testament to that. Victims of a prideful anger that robs Athena of her rational, leading her to doing something she was going to regret and despite all the power she wields, she can't undo what she had done.

Traits
    Likes: Owls, intellectual debates, arts and crafts, brave heroes who use their heads (Herakles and Odysseus in particular)
    Dislikes: Stupidity and wasting her time
    Talents: Weaving, pot making, goldsmithing, sculpting, playing various musical instruments and horsemanship to name a few
    Natural Enemy: Poseidon (used to be a very bitter rivalry but has since quieted down), Ares half of the time

Strength: B
    Endurance: A
    Agility: A
    Mana: C
    Luck: C-
    Noble Phantasm: A

Class Skills

Magic Resistance: A
    Grants protection against magical effects.
    By herself, she has a natural resistance to magic rank of A, which makes her immune to most forms of sorcery. With the Aegis, however it pushes the rank up beyond measure, which not only makes her invincible against magic but also make her capable of dispelling magically summoned familiars and barriers on contact.

Personal Skills
    Expert of Many Specializations: A++
    The access to and use of many expert skills.
    Throughout the ages, Lancer’s role as a goddess has evolved with march of time; endowing her multiple skills in military tactics and strategy, martial arts, rhetoric, presence concealment, magecraft to name a few. Lancer never stops trying to learn new things and has knack of acquiring and mastering new skills quickly.

Olympian: B
    A skill that expresses being god/goddess of Olympus. A composite Skill that comprises the Skill Divinity and Charisma, preserves the absoluteness of the mind and the body, repels mental interference and prevents the body from changes and growth.
    Lancer is the Goddess of wisdom, reason, intelligent activity, literature, handicrafts and science, defense and strategic warfare, and one of the 12 great Olympians.

Divine Insight: A+
    The ability of having a heightened capacity for observation and to "feel" for most favorable developments for oneself.
    Whether in battle or rhetoric, Lancer’s greatest weapon is her mind, being able to get things done through cunning and manipulation as she is able to read people and situations and quickly adapt to unforeseen events. Lancer has such a refined insight from long years dealing with gods and mortals that some say she has the power to foresee the future.

Dignity of the Rearguards: B
    A skill that displays more power the more disadvantageous the situation (such as defensive battles and military withdrawals) is.
    Few can rival Lancer when it comes to defense, a position in battle where she is at her most dangerous.

Protection from Arrows: B
    An increased defense against ranged attacks by predicting the projectiles' trajectories through exceptional means, such as hearing the sound of air being cut, or sensing the killing intent of the enemy.
    Lancer can track down enemy projectiles with her eyes and a bit with her ears and defend against them. Does not apply for attacks made from super-long-range or with a great area-of-effect.

Noble Phantasms

Gorgoneion: Shield of Demise: B
    A large hoplon shield bearing an image of the severed head of a gorgon. Aside from its obvious defensive use, this Noble Phantasm can also be used in offense as it possesses the gorgon ability, Mystic Eyes, which petrifies anyone who looks at the eyes. This Noble Phantasm is derived from the severed head of Medusa, who was killed by the Greek hero Perseus.

Aegis: Divine Protection of the Gods: C ~ A+
    An extremely powerful spiritual armor, originally a breastplate made of goat hide. Activation of this Noble Phantasm materializes a flame-like aura that surrounds it user, which has the protective strength of a fortress as well as counter-magic properties. This armor was once the property of Zeus, God of the Olympians, who gave it to his favorite daughter, Athena.

Dios: Wrath of the Heavens: A+
    A long white spear of mana converted into energy which releases accumulated power on contact after the spear is hurled in a great explosion. Dios actively seeks out the most direct route to its target. This Noble Phantasm honors Zeus, the chief god of Olympus from Greek mythology, who hurls lightning bolts to those who offend the gods.

===

This is based on an old sheet of mine I made years back. I'm love to hear suggestions on how to spice it up a bit and balance it because I feel I can do more out of it. I'm planning to do a fic with this Athena replacing Cu Chulainn as Lancer going through a UBW/HF hybrid route. I feel it might be interesting to do since there are 3 servants with connections with her mythologically.
    Last edited by NightEye; April 20th, 2016 at 04:20 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Athena as Heroic Spirit huh? The sheet is pretty well-done, though I'm not too sure how you'd have her appear in an actual Grail War, what with being a god and all. Could always have her sacrifice divinity in exchange for answering the call, I guess (the route I took for my Divine Spirit sheets).

Interesting you decided to go with the Aegis and gorgon shield as separate entities, rather then one and the same. Though it is true, the exact nature of the Aegis can vary wildly between legends, from a shield to an armor to even a magical cloth. Spear NP is also pretty cool.

I tried to do an Athena sheet once too, though I couldn't think of how to pull her off and ended up sticking whatever ideas of her I did like into Kekrops instead.

- - - Updated - - -

If you did have her as a Servant, I think a fascinating route to take regarding her motives would be her best friend/sparring partner Pallas. Whom she killed accidentally. Athena was so affected by her friend's death that she apparently (in one version of the myth, at least) gave herself the moniker "Pallas Athena" so Pallas would always be remembered.

Wanting to bring back her friend could easily explain why she's willing to accept the call of the Grail, as well as 'humanizing' her quite a bit. I'm not just suggesting that for the yuri subtext. (Though it is a bonus)

Absalom is good but I'm disappointed his locks aren't as flowing as the Bible led me to believe.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    F/GO

Saber- ???
    Lancer- Loginus
    Archer- Nimrod
    Rider- Noah
    Berserker- Samson
    Assassin- Cain
    Fate/GO
    I was thinking that berserker would be Goliath as he is basically the person most people think of when the hear the word Giant. And if we are stick with a David theme instead of simply a biblical theme. Maybe one of his body guards would be one of the other grand servants (check out my servant sheets for David's body guards *cough,cough* Shamless plug *cough, cough*)
    Also I wouldn't be surprised if Joab ended up as a Grand Servant (Maybe Archer?)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    Absalom is good but I'm disappointed his locks aren't as flowing as the Bible led me to believe.
    I found the most masculine picture of Libra ever, what more do you want from me?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Vish Kanya - Now she's done I'll comment. I like how you've linked the first Noble Phantasm to Hassan of Serenity, it's a nice touch. Also, props for using
    Kalaripayattu as a skill as it's rarely seen.

Athena - Interesting to see. I once was working on an Athena sheet (which eventually turned into Diomedes) I thought Athena just shoved the Gorgon's head into Aegis, making them the same shield. However you've mentioned her as Archer a few times so you need to fix that not like I've failed to proof read myself a few times...

Quote Originally Posted by ZSB1999 View Post
    I found the most masculine picture of Libra ever, what more do you want from me?
    There are no masculine pictures of Libra.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hard to mistake him for a girl in the Dark Mage outfit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

7 Grand Servants are the epitome of each class, no? Like Solomon the king of magic, Grand Saber being the king of knights is a good guess.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    7 Grand Servants are the epitome of each class, no? Like Solomon the king of magic, Grand Saber being the king of knights is a good guess.
    Hasn't that been almost confirmed? Ayako Kawasumi is doing the voice (from the datamine), so there's a high chance that it is some version of King Arthur.

Though if they're supposed to be the epitome of each class, my first guess would have been for a swordsmanship teacher, or at least somebody who was remembered more as a swordsman than a king. Fiore dei Liberi, Johannes Liechtenauer, Sigmund Ringeck, Miyamoto Musashi, Kamiizumi Nobutsuna, the Yue Sword Maiden... A lot of people really, I guess? People who dedicated a good part of their lives to the sword art?

Blog Entries
    Yeah, there's no way TM would have anybody other than Arturia as their Grand Saber. They love her too much.
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

Blog Entries
    Nice attempt at narrowing down Athena into a Servant, NightEye. My only issues is that you said "Mars" - it should be Ares in this case.
    (I'm an Athena fanboy so any critique I give besides this would be overly harsh. =p )
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Quote Originally Posted by Constructman View Post
    Though if they're supposed to be the epitome of each class, my first guess would have been for a swordsmanship teacher, or at least somebody who was remembered more as a swordsman than a king. Fiore dei Liberi, Johannes Liechtenauer, Sigmund Ringeck, Miyamoto Musashi, Kamiizumi Nobutsuna, the Yue Sword Maiden... A lot of people really, I guess? People who dedicated a good part of their lives to the sword art?
    It's probably more fitting for a knight considering the card symbolizing the Saber class depicts an armored knight. Even though a knight is a swordsman, it's not necessarily true the other way around.
    Last edited by Dartz; April 20th, 2016 at 03:13 PM.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    My own idea for the Grand Servants was Hou Yi (god of archery who later became a human) as Archer, Adam (original human with dominion over all the beasts of the earth) as Rider, Odin as Lancer (probably wouldn't work since he's a god, but whatever), Berserker I have no idea, Saber could probably still be Arturia and Assassin would be the Grim Reaper/Thanatos (conceptual embodiment of death).

- - - Updated - - -

Funnily enough, I actually did once try and come up with a Saber Jesus based on the "I come not to bring peace but a sword" verse, though I couldn't think of how to make it interesting enough. Best I could come up with for the sword is that it would work kinda' like a broader version of Ciel's Seventh Holy Scripture, denying the existence of any entity going against Church teachings (vampires, witches, Pagan gods, et cetera).
    I thought that Michael's omnidirectional flaming sword originally belonged to Jesus, so I had him use that one. But if we are straying from Judeo Christian mythology, Nuada could be a Grand Saber. The Tuatha de Danann are a grey line between "unusually human gods" or "humans with godlike power" or "famous true ancestors" so they might fit the bill...

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    Would it be ok for Paul Revere to be a double summon of Caster and Rider?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Why Caster?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    Mostly for Item and territory creation representing his modernization and skill as a smith (silver smith to be exact). The territory would most likely be a factory of some sort. I was planning to make him based around the use of familiars (minute men/artillery gunners, and workers) and have his Midnight Ride be something like this:

Rider activates his noble phantasm giving his a rank up to agility and endurance, during this time all enemy servants must attack/follow rider unless they have anti-mental interference. Rider then leads them to a part of the city where he has his Familiars (minute men) sitting in wait ready to open fire. If he has created any artillery guns with his Item Creation skill he can use those in the ambush as well.