Page 49 of 782 FirstFirst ... 39444748495051545999149549 ... LastLast

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    That is silly and you are silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Ayakashi of Boundaries Yakumo-san's Avatar
    AWESOMENESS IN SILLINESS!
    But seriously, this makes sense if you have a proper look at it without shouting out "TOUHOU" first. D:<

Black Bird of Tchernobyl + Yatagarasu + Sanzuwu makes sense if you search deep enough for a good story!
    Nasuverse logic

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors celsius's Avatar
    That sure is a rather dark backstory and setup for a Touhou character. Aren't most Touhous a bunch of carefree little girls who just do as they please and get into fights at the drop of a hat only to get together for a tea party afterwards?

I had to Nasuversify dat stuff.

Nice Pikachu btw.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    That sure is a rather dark backstory and setup for a Touhou character. Aren't most Touhous a bunch of carefree little girls who just do as they please and get into fights at the drop of a hat only to get together for a tea party afterwards?
    You could say the same about the Witches from Umineko, and they're about as dark as you get.

Also, cool stat sheet bro.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    Correction.

Most Touhou characters are youkai or various spirits who get into fights at the drop of a hat because Reimu is a jerk who solves all incidents through violence, and by the end of the game everyone usually just gets drunk together.

Yukari would murder over the little girl comment, too. Just saying :P

And that's not technically Utsuho's backstory- it's using Utsuho's image to work with a different character, who happens to be based on the same mythical creature, and then incorporating Utsuho's nuclear-fusion associated abilities in as Noble Phantasms. (By the way, in the way of serious commentary I can say I'd never heard of the bird of Cherynobl before now, but this is an interesting re-interpretation of it. I'm wondering if she wouldn't be more suited to Fate/Extra though, where there's apparently no wishes for the Servant?)

Actual character's backstory is like... manipulated by a goddess into eating the Yata-Garasu, becomes elevated from being a simple demonic crow because she now has the Yata-Garasu's wisdom, which seems to specifically related to nuclear fusion and shooting danmaku. And then she loses to a shrine maiden.

Her owner's backstory is a bit darker- telepath who gets banished to the lowest part of the underworld because nobody can stand that she has the power to anticipate everything they're going to do.
    "AND THAT MEANT THE ROCK, THE CRAPPY AWFUL ROCK HERE WAS THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE, THE CONTINUA, THE WHOLE REALITY!"

-Iain M. Banks, Use of Weapons

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors celsius's Avatar
    Eh, it's not as bad as you make it sound. Reimu's violent, but it just so happens that everyone else is violent too so it all evens out. And Yukari's been canonically drawn as a little girl a few times (Curiosity of Lotus Asia's the primary offender). And Satori wasn't really "banished". It's more like everyone avoids her because her ability is really annoying. She's more along the lines of the manager of the place, really.

Nothing in Touhou is ever as serious as fanon makes it out to be (though there are a few exceptions).

Blog Entries
    To compare with my previously posted Achilles, here is an Hector. I feel that his NP can still be improved, so if anyone has any suggestions on that regard, please feel free to state them.

Class: Lancer (Archer, Ruler)
    True Name: Hector
    Alignment: Lawful Good

STR: ***** B
    END: ***** C
    AGI: ***** A
    MGI: ***** D
    LCK: ***** B+
    NP: ***** A

Keywords
    KEYWORDS

Trojan War

The most famous war of Ancient Greece, fought between the Achaeans and the kingdom-city of Troy. A conflict of legends that linked together the fate of humans and gods alike, many great heroes found ultimate glory and ultimate ruin in that battlefield. Its story is detailed in the work of many artists, a classical example being the Iliad by Homer.

Nine Worthies (The Nine Great Braves)

Established during the Middle Ages, a designation for nine historical and mythological figures said to personify the ideals of chivalry. Their origins vary among pagans, Jewish and Christians, but all were commonly regarded as paragons of a perfect, chivalrous warrior not only in their own time, but also in all the ages that followed. Even in modern days, many see them as examples to be followed.

CLASS SKILLS

Magic Resistance: C
    The capacity to negate or abate the effects of Magecraft. Negates Magecraft with an aria of two verses or less. Cannot defend against large-scale Magecraft such as High-Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals.

If a Archer...
    Independent Action: D
    The ability to take action even without the prana supply from the Master. Convenient in cases like when the Master wants to activate a Magecraft that calls up maximum prana or when he cannot supply enough prana to the Servant. On another hand, it becomes difficult for the Master to put the Servant under his complete control. At D Rank, it is possible to engage in battle for a short time without backup from the Master. However, this is still of little help when attempting to remain in this world after losing the Master.

If a Ruler...
    Territory Creation (Revised): A+
    The technical skill to build up an advantageous encampment to oneself as a Heroic Spirit. Thanks to this Skill that allows to create in the shortest time a Fortress that displays the very best effectiveness on any kind of terrain condition, Ruler boasts the greatest advantage in regards to defensive fights among all Servants. At the highest rank, the effects will be displayed not only within the encampment but also on its immediate surroundings.

PERSONAL SKILLS

Charisma: A
    The natural talent to command an army corps. Raises the abilities of one's own army on group battles. A rare talent. Can be said that A Rank is the highest peak of popularity one can acquire as a human being.

Divine Protection: B
    A blessing from Divine Spirits, provides bonus modifiers to all defensive values and saving throws. Also grants immunity to curses on the level of destiny interference.

Eye of the Mind (True): C
    Insight cultivated from training and learning. The “logic of battle” to calmly grasp one’s situation and the abilities of the enemy and find out a means of escape when in a dilemma. Can formulate reliable battle plans based on collected information. Also capable of accurately assessing one’s chances of victory before battle.

Military Tactics: B
    Tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. Bonus modifiers are provided during use of one’s own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or dealing against an enemy Anti-Army Noble Phantasm.

Projectile (Spears): A
    The ability to throw projectile weapons as if bullets. At A Rank, it becomes possible to snipe targets from great distances.

Weapons

Armor of the Gods (First)
    An armor forged by the Blacksmith Deity Hephaestus. Not only it is richly ornamented, but its performance as a defensive item is also high thanks to being made with divine skill.

NOBLE PHANTASM

Ektor Keraunos – The Lone Bolt that Pierces the Great Earth
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Hector’s trump card. Strictly speaking, this is not a weapon, but an ultimate secret technique developed throughout a lifetime of effort. The quintessence of Hector’s strength as a warrior.

Back during the Trojan War the spears thrown by the prince of Troy had the reputation of piercing through any shield and armors that attempted to block it. This Noble Phantasm remains faithful to those anecdotes. By calling the true name, the projectile (spear) is imbued with lightning-attribute magical energy and then transformed into a magic bullet upon release. Destructive power is obviously high, but the greatest distinctive trait of this attack is its high capacity to penetrate all sorts of defenses, just like in the legend.

Incidentally, it seems that this technique was developed as a form of imitation of Zeus’ use of thunderbolts as weapons.

Background
    BACKGROUND

The eldest son of King Priam and heir of the throne of Troy, Hector was worshiped as a hero in his homeland. Greatly capable both as a leader and as a military man, his most outstanding trait was his character. In Homer’s Iliad, Hector is described as courageous, yet thoughtful and peace-loving. A man who was a good son, husband and father and who never acted on ulterior motives. Even in modern times, Hector is still referred as an example of a virtuous man.

During the 10 years of the Trojan War, he acted as the supreme commander of the Trojan army, leading the soldiers of the nation against the Greek invaders. Recognized and respected in both sides of the conflict, Hector was the best warrior among the Trojans and conquered an appropriate amount of war achievements. Among them, his single combat against Ajax, the Great is particularly famous.

His relationship with his eventual nemesis, Achilles, was a rather complex one. Both heard much about the other even before their first meeting, and a relationship of mutual admiration was formed from that. As warriors, they respected each other and looked forward to comparing their skills in battle, but fate dictated that they would never met until the late stages of the war.

The fated day came when Hector mistakenly killed in battle Patroclus, Achilles best friend. Upon news of his friend’s death, Achilles went mad in rage and departed alone to Troy and demanded a duel with the prince. Upon setting his eyes on the furious warrior, Hector felt dread as never in his life, but was compelled by responsibility to accept the duel even though he knew his defeat was certain.

Hector was killed in that duel. However, the prince’s honor remained unsoiled and, all things considered, that was indeed a fitting end for such a valorous hero.

Brotherly Love

It is unquestionable that Hector fought with all his might for the defense of his homeland during the Trojan War. That being said, he always showed a strong disapproval towards the war from the beginning. For he knew that Troy’s side was the one at fault.

The blame for the whole conflict lied with his younger brother, prince Paris. While in a diplomatic visit on Sparta, Paris fell in love with the betrothed of King Menelaus, the beautiful Helen. At Helen’s request, who did not wished to marry Menelaus because of his temper, Paris smuggled the princess to Troy to make her his wife. In order to both retrieve the woman that was rightfully his and to get revenge for the humiliation, Menelaus called up for old alliances with the other Greek city-states and departed with a great army towards Troy.

Knowing this, Hector continuously tried to find alternative solutions for the conflict. At once instance, he proposed for everything to be solved with a one-on-one duel between Paris and Menelaus. Despite Paris protests, Hector forced the boy to face the offended king after a harsh scolding. Yet, when Paris ran away from combat after suffering a minor injury, Hector covered for him by killing Menelaus.

Hector never came to realize it himself, but in that war, the desire to protect his little brother was the strongest drive behind the strength of his spear. More than a monarch who fulfilled the responsibility of protecting his people or a soldier who fought for the glory of his country, in the end he was just a man who wished for nothing but the safety and happiness of his family.
    Last edited by Master of Chaos; May 5th, 2015 at 11:01 AM.

Blog Entries
    Hrm... I really like the Zeus connection to the Noble Phantasm and the fact that it basically turns the spear into a rail gun is really pretty amusing. It does feel a little minimal, in that it doesn't have a secondary effect like say Gae Bolg did, but I can't decide if it's more appropriate because of that or not. Hector does seem like the sort to be practical and humble more than flashy about his powers. I'm not sure if he'd be improved by making him flashier when he's more the type to polish what he does have to perfection.

The stats and skills are nicely chosen, though. If it weren't for the fact his Personal Skills are pretty full, I'd suggest military tactics, but that would give him too many and I can't think of anything I'd want to sacrifice. ^^;

Hector eh... at least he shows up. Achilles is so OP that mister invincible always overshadows the great guy that is Hector. Was it stated that Hector ever was good with the bow? Because while he is quite cunning and all, I don't think that he was that relying on cunning to get billed in the Archer class, even though in the Nasuverse, you never know what might happen after Arthur is genderbended, and Gilles De Rais summons Cthulu-tan.

Best Archer would be Odysseus I guess... but I'm to lazy to make one.

As for the NP, it works pretty well... considering that the only thing in can't pierce is Rho Aias. I think you should maybe come up with one or two more NPs, but I guess that Hector says "Screw NPs I have the wits!"

----

Anyways. I reworked Bird Of Chernobyl/Yatagarasu after having calmed down from my Touhou massive rabid fan-rage. History put as if she's telling it herself, and NPs changed to reflect her power down to HS level.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/16CuVFGV63m_HX820XnFwoMVqgXqWF8sW8Frj2xdnuwg/edit

P.S: OMG, BALANCED!
    Last edited by Yakumo-san; February 7th, 2012 at 02:16 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
    Was it stated that Archer ever was good with the bow?
    You mean EMIYA? Yeah. Shirou is some sort of prodigy with the bow, which is why Ayako wants him back in the archery club.

Blog Entries
    I remember Shirou had to try in order to miss in Archery Club. He was curious what it was like.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, of the many things Shirou sucks at, archery is not one of them. The kid has his talents.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    You mean EMIYA? Yeah. Shirou is some sort of prodigy with the bow, which is why Ayako wants him back in the archery club.
    Yeah, somehow his magecraft practice synced up with the eight steps of shooting, and so Shirou has never missed a shot except for one time he missed on purpose.

no. typo and wrong wording. I meant if Hector was ever good at the bow.

Blog Entries
    Ahh, right-o then.

^^ It's because his magecraft has those weird eight steps, and Japanese archery also has eight steps, right?

Blog Entries
    Doesn't seem so - can't find any particular references to it. Normally there's a reason behind Homer making someone good at the bow. Teukros has it so that he can pair up with Aias; Paris has it because he's kind of incompetent (at least, on the level of the other heroes) at close combat. Hector occasionally lobs rocks and spears like lots of the other heroes, but doesn't seem to do archery so much.

Mind you, I'd put him in Rider class, myself.

Last line of the Iliad:ὣς οἵ γ᾽ ἀμφίεπον τάφον Ἕκτορος ἱπποδάμοιο

So they gathered about the tomb of Hektor the horse-tamer.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Seika, that's probably enough for him to be Archer, lobbing rocks and spears. Srsly.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Seika, that's probably enough for him to be Archer, lobbing rocks and spears. Srsly.
    Meh. He asked about a bow specifically. And spears = Lancer. Rocks, I'll give you.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bah, a hero who specifically threw spears could very well be an Archer rather than a Lancer.

And rocks could totally be inflated to boulders my lolNasuverse myth.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless