Page 197 of 858 FirstFirst ... 97147187192195196197198199202207247297697 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gally View Post
    Right click the image. Select "search Google for image".

It's that simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't be bothered my ass.
    Not sure what you're using, but my computer doesn't seem to display that option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Shinji/Loki: I like it. Everything has good imagery and detail, he's got an interesting and entertaining personality as well. Regarding summoning his children as NP's I'm surprised you didn't make any reference to Odin's horse whom Loki was the mother of. Yes, mother. I also think you should replace Divinity with a skill like say Godly Divine Core because Rin and Ishtar are another demi servant duo with Goddess Divine Core at B as a result.

All in all, good entertaining stuff.
    Regarding Divine Core, I think Norse gods are a distinct step down from Greek and similar ones in terms of overall "divinity", since they can be killed and all.

So I'd say simply Divinity is fitting enough, without needing a "perfected" Skill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    Actually, is Shapeshifting really necessary when he has Illusions?
    I thought of that but they are both abilities he's described as having in the myths (and he can actually give birth in a female form so it's clearly not just an illusion). If it helps, Shapeshifting is something he could actually use to fight by taking a more monstrous form, while doing a similar thing with Illusions would only be useful for scaring the enemy.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I actually thought of including a reference to Sleipinir in his third NP but ultimately decided against it since I ended up emphasizing his children by Andrboda in particular (as it's her name in the NP, it would be a little odd if children that weren't by her were included). In any case, the reference would only have been that he could summon Sleipnir but utterly refuses to do so because of its association with Odin and the other gods whom he despises.

Blog Entries

Source:
    http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=58426914
    Class: Saber
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Origin: Folklore
    Region: Britain

Parameters
    Strength: A+
    Endurance: A
    Agility: B
    Mana: A
    Luck: C
    NP: A

Height/Weight: 3m/158kg
    Dislikes: Matholwch, Efnisien
    Talents: Imprisonment
    Natural enemy: King Arthur
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Man, Monstrous Species, Divine
    Armament:

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: (B)
    Magic Resistance grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.

Riding: (B)
    Riding, the Class Skill of Rider and Saber, is the ability to ride mounts. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank, and A-rank can allow for Phantasmal Beasts and Divine Beasts to be mounted. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding.
    Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills:

Divinity: (A+)
    Divinity is the measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster, Demonic Beast raises. It can also decrease due one's dislike for the gods. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called "purge defense" in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig.
    As the the son of the sea god Llyr and grandson to the sun god Belenos, Saber possesses an extremely high Divinity rank as one who is 2/3rds god.
    As something close to a true Divine Spirit, the pressure of Gaia is greatly reduced, greatly lowering the mana cost associated with both maintaining the servant, as well as any ability that would make alterations to the world that Gaia would otherwise attack, the alteration also lasts five times as along. Any being that attacks the servant gains an increased pressure from Gaia, raising the cost of maintaining it, as well as the cost of any ability that would cause an alteration that would be naturally attacked by Gaia, these abilities also have a reduced duration, lasting only half as long.

Familiar (Ravens): (C)
    Allows for the use of ravens as familiars.
    Familiars are special assistants used by the magi. Since it's natural for a magus to separate himself from society, the use of familiars capable of performing small, simple errands is considered orthodox. Although a different entity, familiars are seen as an extension of the magus as there is both a mental and physical connection between the two. The symbol of the magus itself and fundamentally different from creatures like the Demons or Spirits who are summoned and then bound by a contract.
    Inextricably tied with Saber’s legend as the Raven King, ravens can be summoned under his own mana or brought under his control from the wild. They can be directed by thought alone. Saber can make further use of his ravens, such as speaking through them directly or turning into a cloud of ravens for brief periods.

Gigantomachy: (B)
    A composite skill earned from being known as a giant or possessing giant blood in life. Conflating Monstrous Strength with Innocent Monster; the higher the rank, the stronger and more physically deformed the Servant becomes. As giants are a true Monstrous Species, it can be expected that one possessing Gigantomachy will never be as tall as they were in life. Additionally, a higher rank has the effect of making speaking less complex, or that one can only speak at length about a single topic.
    At this rank, Saber is exceedingly large for a Servant and carries all the strength modifying effects of Monstrous Strength of the same rank. Despite his frightening appearance, he’s actually rather talkative.

Guardian Spirit: (EX)
    Not quite a patron saint and not quite a guardian knight, this skill encompasses every other kind of protective spirit. Vivian (The Lady of the Lake) and Thetis (Achilles’ mother) would qualify for this skill.
    Before Saint George and King Arthur, Saber was the sole guardian spirit of Britain. Because his area of influence was so wide, this skill does not apply when protecting an individual. Rather, it grants defensive modifiers when protecting groups or places.

Noble Phantasm

Castell Dinas Bran
    I am a Rock, I am an Island

Type: Anti-World
    Range: 50
    Max Target: 10

After making war against Ireland and Annwn, Saber returns with his prized magical cauldron to his castle. Unfortunately, Saber had been mortally wounded in his battles, and he feared he would not survive long. Using the power of the cauldron--which is considered a primordial version of the Greater Grail--he passed its power onto the castle walls, extending his life indefinitely so long as he remain within Castell Dinas Bran, long enough for a cure for his injuries to be found.

Sublimated as a Noble Phantasm, this anecdote takes the form of a pseudo-Reality Marble Bounded Field that surrounds Saber perpetually. If other Bounded Fields are placed on set locations, then Castell Dinas Bran is placed on the location of Saber himself, emanating outward for a moderate distance.
    Upon activation, Saber can stop time completely within the confines of the field for up to 3 seconds. While this might not seem like much, 3 seconds to one with Saber’s speed is more than enough to eliminate all local threats.
    While it might seem easy to employ multiple times, Castell Dinas Bran is a two-step Noble Phantasm. Its beginning stage is the Bounded Field itself, which will cost Saber mana the longer it’s in place. Stopping time is its own separate mana cost, regulating how often Saber can employ it.

Whitehill
    Towering Sword of Prisons

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1
    Max Target: 2

When Saber died, he ordered that his remains be placed on White Hill--which eventually became the site for the Tower of London--so that he may forever be able to watch over Britain. To this day Saber’s existence is why they still keep ravens in the Tower, that should they ever die out Britain will fall into eternal ruin. The Tower has since been used as a phantasmal prison by the Mage’s Association.

A conceptual weapon that translates the power of the Tower into a sword, Whitehill is gigantic and a dull grey. The monotony is broken up with a cream white hilt and blue veins along the blade itself that glow randomly. While incredibly difficult to break, being the embodiment of a Fortress itself, the sword’s true power lies in its existence as a tool of punishment.
    The Tower has long since been used as an inescapable cell for the magical and non-magical alike, and equally famous for the horrendous torture that supposedly went on behind its walls.
    Thus, Whitehill carries an absolute potent advantage over the Phantasmal and Monstrous. Contact made with either of these species will have vastly increased damage, as well as sealing the exotic magic that powers the target. While Whitehill is a capable Anti-Phantasmal sword on its own, Saber increases its worth with a specific sword skill.

Because Whitehill is in fact a Reality Marble in the shape of a sword, Saber is able to “carve” a containment around a target, trapping them within the sword itself. By making a precise set of strokes at or around a target in the form of a complete containing shape, the Tower’s concept of [inescapable magical prison] is forced on them, sealing skills and Noble Phantasms of equal or lesser rank. Can be overcome with a Luck check or sufficient dodging-based skill.

Pennaeth y Cawr
    The Sleeping Guardian

Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 0
    Max Target: 1

A Noble Phantasm of Saber’s most famous adventure, as well as his death. Wishing to save his sister from an abusive Irish king, Saber recruits his friends and make war on Ireland for many days. Only seven men survive the conflict, not including Saber and his sister. The survivors are told by a mortally wounded Saber to cut off his head and to return it to Britain. For seven years the seven survivors stay in Harlech, where they are entertained by Saber's head, which continues to speak. They later move on to Gwales where they live for eighty years without perceiving the passing of time. Eventually, Heilyn fab Gwyn opens the door of the hall facing Cornwall and the sorrow of what had befallen them returns. As instructed they take the now silent head to the Gwynfryn, the "White Hill", where they bury it facing France so as to ward off invasion.

Only activating upon Saber’s death, the rest of his body will turn to gold dust and disappear like all other Servants while his head remains intact. At this point, his head is given a pseudo-rank of A in Independent Action, long enough for about three days of continued survival. During this time, Saber’s body can be completely regrown by burying it in the ground. However, removal of the head during this time will kill him for sure.

Pennaeth y Cawr can be used multiple times so long as the head remains intact. If Saber were to die due to a head-related injury, this Noble Phantasm would be useless.

Lore

Brân the Blessed is a giant and king of Britain in Welsh mythology. He appears in several of the Welsh Triads, but his most significant role is in the Second Branch of the Mabinogi, Branwen ferch Llŷr. He is a son of Llŷr and Penarddun, and the brother of Brânwen, Manawydan, Nisien and Efnysien. The name "Brân" in Welsh is usually translated as crow or raven.

The Irish king Matholwch sails to Harlech to speak with Bran the Blessed high king of the Island of the Mighty and to ask for the hand of his sister Branwen in marriage, thus forging an alliance between the two islands. Bendigeidfran agrees to Matholwch's request, but the celebrations are cut short when Efnisien, a half-brother to the children of Llŷr, brutally mutilates Matholwch's horses, angry that his permission was not sought in regards to the marriage. Matholwch is deeply offended until Bran offers him compensation in the form of a magic cauldron that can restore the dead to life. Pleased with the gift, Matholwch and Branwen sail back to Ireland to reign.

Once in Matholwch's kingdom, Branwen gives birth to a son, Gwern, but Efnysien's insult continues to rankle among the Irish and, eventually, Branwen is mistreated, banished to the kitchen and beaten every day. She tames a starling and sends it across the Irish Sea with a message to her brother Bendigeidfran, who sails from Wales to Ireland to rescue her with his brother, Manawydan and a huge host of warriors, mustered from the 154 cantrefs of Britain. The Irish offer to make peace and build a house big enough to entertain Bendigeidfrân but hang a hundred bags inside, supposedly containing flour but actually containing armed warriors. Efnisien, suspecting treachery, reconnoitres the hall and kills the warriors by crushing their skulls. Later, at the feast, Efnisien, again feeling insulted, murders Gwern by burning him alive, and, as a result, a vicious battle breaks out. Seeing that the Irish are using the cauldron to revive their dead, he hides among the Irish corpses and is thrown into the cauldron by the unwitting enemy. He destroys the cauldron from within, sacrificing himself in the process.

Personality

Protective to a fault, Saber is your typical gentle giant until you get him riled up. He has little pride in himself, and reserves most of it for his country. Generally soft-spoken and an easygoing sort, but there’s always this strange tension around him...

King Arthur
    “Contemptible...get this idiot out of my sight. I’m starting to feel violent, Master.”
    Mashu
    “...Thanks. I dunno why, but I feel like I should be saying it.” (referencing Bran’s role as a prototype to the Fisher King, who Galahad healed)
    Cu Chulainn
    “He’s got some pretty crappy views on women, but I guess I’ll let it go.”

------------
    Did somebody order a Grand Saber?

Nice. Very nice. One of my favorites of yours. Fun personality and someone I've never heard of. Tower of London sword is genius and awesome. You might need to address the whole "Time Manipulation is True Magic" thing for the first NP though. But I don't really understand it that well anyway.

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    I've been gone for a while, but I do have an idea.

what if, say, I made a sheet for Shinji, but from a Kaledioscope shard where he was a Really Nice Guy and did something so heroic he got into the Throne? If only for the reactions of Sakura when she summons him as a servant.... somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by WhatShouldNotBe View Post
    I've been gone for a while, but I do have an idea.

what if, say, I made a sheet for Shinji, but from a Kaledioscope shard where he was a Really Nice Guy and did something so heroic he got into the Throne? If only for the reactions of Sakura when she summons him as a servant.... somehow...
    He'd have to be a counter guardian, right?

I thought that even saving the world wouldn't be enough to qualify a modern person to be a heroic spirit.

But maybe he did something even more impressive than that

Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    He'd have to be a counter guardian, right?

I thought that even saving the world wouldn't be enough to qualify a modern person to be a heroic spirit.

But maybe he did something even more impressive than that
    Wait, not even saving the world is enough?

huh? It's, besides destroying the world, is one of the greatest things a person can do. Even Gilgamesh, arguably, didn't save the world, he just owned it.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Basically what Nasu says.

so uh, yeah. Go ahead and do your own thing if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    Basically what Nasu says.

so uh, yeah. Go ahead and do your own thing if you want.
    Did Nash actually say that saving the world wouldn't let you be a heroic spirit in the modern age?

is there a source? I want to read it for myself.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Wait, not even saving the world is enough?
    Shirou and Rin would then qualify for stopping HGW 5.

also

But in modern times that title isn't being used. Civilisations progressed to the point where it has become quite simple for humanity to destroy itself. If some company's chairman invested all his money into expanding the amount of logging in the Amazon rainforest, the world could end in a year. See, the Earth is in danger wherever and whenever. There are countless numbers of people who are being incited by the Opposing Power that save the planet without anyone knowing it. There is one hero per age. Such a thing as saving the world is no longer enough to get you called a hero.
    huh? It's, besides destroying the world, is one of the greatest things a person can do. Even Gilgamesh, arguably, didn't save the world, he just owned it.
    His very existence caused things to happen or not happen. That's arguably what Heroic Spirits are.

- - - Updated - - -

please read the Fate/stay night visual novel for more information

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Like, if you don't like it, that's fine. But author rules and personally okay with that.

you could probably make a good case about how modern humanity has progressed to the point that it doesn't necessarily need HS to save the world anymore blah blah quantity over quality

I'm just happy I remembered lore correctly

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    blah blah quantity over quality
    But I feel like this is probably unnecessary.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Really if you want Shinji to be a hero just say he was the one that, as a conduit for the Counter Force, was the ally next to Shirou when he was going around killing people for his ideal and got him executed, so not only did he not have to make a pact himself but he just seemingly rose to the occasion and the people worship him as the guy that saved the world from that mass murderer. That, coupled with his natural strength, durability, and charisma, and you have yourself a perfect hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Really if you want Shinji to be a hero just say he was the one that, as a conduit for the Counter Force, was the ally next to Shirou when he was going around killing people for his ideal and got him executed, so not only did he not have to make a pact himself but he just seemingly rose to the occasion and the people worship him as the guy that saved the world from that mass murderer. That, coupled with his natural strength, durability, and charisma, and you have yourself a perfect hero.
    i was going more for a "in this universe, Shinji.....

was a good person!

And did *insert epic thing here that qualifies for HS during the Grail War*

and now, he's summoned into a world where his counterpart is shit to his sister, and his sister is a traumatized wreck!"

also, earlier, it was noted that HS are HS due to making things happen....

but in which case, why is Anne and Mary a HS duo? They didnt have much of an impact on history....

blah, I'm just going to ignore Nasu HS requirements, they never make sense anyway.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    but in which case, why is Anne and Mary a HS duo? They didnt have much of an impact on history....

blah, I'm just going to ignore Nasu HS requirements, they never make sense anyway.
    Do realize that Nasuverse history and myth is not identical to ours and that they probably had fun Pirates of the Caribbean-styled antics rather than run-o-the-mill pirate stuff happen.

But the actual general idea for Heroic Spirits is that they are capable of being special snowflakes and overcome fate. AoG spirits did so by being related to gods and doing crazy shit. AoM spirits did so often with vestiges from the previous age, supernatural techniques, and getting onto a trend with the "first!" comment. But by modern times, you just can't be special snowflake enough or overcome fate because you so weak, so, yeah.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i was going more for a "in this universe, Shinji.....

was a good person!
    But why would you want this

Blog Entries
    Do realize that Nasuverse history and myth is not identical to ours and that they probably had fun Pirates of the Caribbean-styled antics rather than run-o-the-mill pirate stuff happen.
    That reminds me. Somebody needs to make a movie of those two and their lesbian pirate adventures together...

But the actual general idea for Heroic Spirits is that they are capable of being special snowflakes and overcome fate. AoG spirits did so by being related to gods and doing crazy shit. AoM spirits did so often with vestiges from the previous age, supernatural techniques, and getting onto a trend with the "first!" comment. But by modern times, you just can't be special snowflake enough or overcome fate because you so weak, so, yeah.
    For a more positive outlook on the same concept; it's not exactly that humans have gotten weaker but humanity as a whole has gotten so much stronger that feats which would've previously marked one as a "special snowflake hero" (flying through the sky, sending information across thousands of miles in an instant, et cetera) are now things that nearly any human can do with ease. When you think about it, a lot of the things people accomplish thanks to technology would've seemed like godlike feats to most previous eras of humankind...

To quote Rui from Gatchaman Crowds- "What the world needs from now on aren't stand-alone heroes... but the entire human race turned into heroes!"

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    For a more positive outlook on the same concept, it's not that humans have gotten weaker but humanity as a whole has gotten so much stronger
    So when was the last time you beat down a dragon with your fists?

Blog Entries
    So when was the last time you beat down a dragon with your fists?
    If a dragon actually existed nowadays as described in myths humans could almost assuredly beat it down with modern weaponry and the like. The point still stands that what could've made for a superhuman hero in ancient societies such as creating flying machines or harnessing electricity have now been made mundane thanks to technology.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    And the point is that they're two different things, because I'm saying individuals and you seem to think humanity as a whole.