Page 294 of 858 FirstFirst ... 194244284289292293294295296299304344394794 ... LastLast
Results 5,861 to 5,880 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    (Experimenting with the Servant-Phantom combo. Not sure if this was the best choice, but this is probably one of my best sheets by far...)

“There are no shortcuts to achievement, Master; so this is why we must struggle.”

Faceclaim (sans ring)

Servant Class: Caster

True Name: George Washington Carver, The Plant Doctor

Place of Origin: America

Alignment: Neutral Good

Attribute: Man

Alternate Classes: Berserker

Catalyst: One of his many "Carver Bulletins"

Dislikes: Bystander Syndrome, Denial, Getting paid

Talents: Botany, Cooking(?), Painting

Natural Enemy: Gaea

Parameters:

Strength - E
    Endurance - E
    Agility - D
    Mana - B+
    Luck - B
    N.
    Phantasm - B+

Background

George Washington Carver was a prominent African-American scientist and inventor. He is best known for the numerous uses he devised from the peanut and the sweet potato. A gifted individual, he pulled the American South from economic failure when the cotton plants drained the land of its nutrients. Afterwards, he was also interacted with many influential figures in the world like Thomas Edison, Henry Ford and even Gandhi.

Born in 1864, Carver was one of many children born to an enslaved couple owned by Moses Carver. A week after his birth, raiders from a neighboring state kidnapped the infant Carver with his sister and mother from the farm. Out of the three, Carver was the only one who was brought back. Since then, both Moses and Susan Carver raised him as their own. Since childhood, Carver was driven by a desire to learn; as a result, he was constantly enamored by nature’s phenomena, and became proficient when taking care of the plants. Aside from caring for plants, Carver was adept in cooking, sewing, fishing and so on. It was no surprise that Carver wanted to move out and learn more.

When he was of age, Carver traveled across the States hoping to be enrolled into a university. Due to societal values back then, he was rejected many times. Determined to learn, Carver homesteaded a claim, where he conducted biological experiments and compiled a geological collection. While interested in science, Carver was also interested in the arts. In 1890, he finally managed to apply to a college called Simpson College, where he developed his painting and drawing skills through sketches of botanical samples. Eventually, he enrolled in the botany program at the Iowa State Agricultural College. Carver later moved to Ames and began his botanical studies the as the first black student at Iowa State. From there, George excelled in his studies. In these years, Carver established his reputation as a brilliant botanist and began the work that he would pursue for the remainder of his career.

After graduating from Iowa State, Carver embarked on a career of teaching and research. Booker T. Washington, the principal of the African-American Tuskegee Institute, hired Carver to run the school's agricultural department in 1896. Tuskegee's agricultural department achieved national renown under Carver's leadership, with a curriculum and a faculty that he helped to shape. Areas of research and training included methods of crop rotation and the development of alternative cash crops for farmers in areas heavily planted with cotton. This work helped struggling sharecroppers in the South who faced with necessary cultivation under harsh conditions including the devastation of the boll weevil in 1892. The development of new crops and diversification of crop use helped to stabilize the livelihoods of all farmworkers.

Carver's work at Tuskegee included groundbreaking research on plant biology that brought him to national prominence. Many of these early experiments focused on the development of new uses for crops such as peanuts, sweet potatoes, soybeans and pecans. The hundreds of products he invented included plastics, paints, dyes and even a kind of gasoline. In 1920, Carver delivered a speech before the Peanut Growers Association, attesting to the wide potential of peanuts. The following year, he testified before Congress in support of a tariff on imported peanuts. With the help of Carver's testimony, Congress passed the tariff in 1922.

Carver's prominence as a scientific expert made him one of the most famous African-Americans and one of the best-known African-American intellectuals of his time. By the time of his testimony, however, Carver had already achieved international fame in political and professional circles. President Theodore Roosevelt admired his work and sought his advice on agricultural matters in the United States. Carver was also recognized abroad for his scientific expertise. In 1916, he was made a member of the British Royal Society of Arts—a rare honor for an American. Carver also advised Indian leader Mahatma Gandhi on matters of agriculture and nutrition.

Since then, Carver's scholarship and research contributed to improved quality of life for many farming families, and made Carver an icon for African-Americans and Anglo-Americans alike. For the rest of his life, Carver spent his days replying to various people who asked for his advice via appointments or mail within the confines of his home. George Washington Carver died on January 5, 1943, at the age of 78 after falling down the stairs at his home. He was buried next to Booker T. Washington on the Tuskegee grounds. Carver's epitaph reads: "He could have added fortune to fame, but caring for neither, he found happiness and honor in being helpful to the world."

Personal Traits

The part of Carver that's the genius botanist who imparted wisdom and knowledge to the world.

Intelligent and rather down-to-earth, Carver is well-meaning but frank when the situation is serious. A humanist at heart, the botanist is willing to give anyone a chance - even to dubious individuals. Believing that human life is more valuable than anything else, expect Carver to step in to protect innocents and being very driven to save humanity. However, this habit may cause more problems for Carver, since the botanist tends to forget to about his own issues while certain individuals would take advantage of his kindness. Carver's ultimate goal is to do whatever is the best for humanity and their survival, meaning he isn't above getting his hands dirty should it be necessary.

As mentioned above, his affection for humanity may potentially be his undoing; for while he cared for others, he failed to care for himself and his own wants.

Despite the sharp demeanor, Carver is absolutely disorganized; if the dirt-covered lab coat and boots didn't give it away, the botanist tends to mostly disregard hygiene during field work. Since he hardly keep any concrete recordings, Carver tends to forget certain details; which could possibly be a bit troublesome in crucial moments. The lab he conjures via Territory Creation is filled with scattered research papers and plant samples being put anywhere that has space. It gets to the point to where one might have to drag Carver out of his lab in fear of him getting lost. Speaking of the lab, the botanist is ironically a bit of a shut-in. While he certainly enjoys the outdoors, he would never leave his lab unless it's one of the four listed below:
    a) the world's in danger
    b) gather info/samples for his plants
    c) get food
    d) make new lab equipment
    Because of this, it's preferred that Carver should use his Territory Creation Skill unless it's absolutely necessary.

While Caster is undoubtedly Carver himself, there's more to him than the simple Peanut Man. Being a more modern Servant, he would still be too weak to actually be able to fight against other Servants even by Caster standards. As a result, Carver was assimilated with the Phantom of another scientist by the name of Gregor Mendel, also known to be the Father of Genetics. Now given an advantage by harnessing the concept of hereditary genetics, Carver is now a Servant that is not to be underestimated. Oddly, despite their compatibility, some of Mendel's quirks tends to leak out at times. Although, it mainly comes out in the form of some really weird remarks (e.x: "Always do science with things you can make into soup.")

Although this may be the phantom's influence, Carver's wish is to see his actual parents; maybe being fused with Mendel allowed Carver to be a little more selfish to himself.

Extras:

(Carver is a oddly proficient cook, but his meals were always made with the weirdest ingredients imaginable. However, unless you are Arturia, never specifically request him to make sandwiches or salads; your stomach might not handle the garden weeds. If you don't think they're delicious, Carver may not speak to you for several days.)

(Carver can be a bit immature, assuming the Master teases him or makes fun of his obsession with peanuts or his cooking.)

(Really doesn't care for money. It even got to the point where back when he was alive, he turned down numerous offers and pretty much gets paid in a salary so low - even by university professor standards - that he tends to grow most of his food in the back garden.)

Craft Essence/Reactions

To Prove A Point

"Good morning, students;
    to celebrate our first successful harvest in the
    Agriculture Class, I've prepared a hearty breakfast for you all.
    Over to the left are pancakes and biscuits, while there are pie and toast on the other.
    Now, would you all kindly- Hey, wait! I'm not done talking yet!

That was filling meal compared to the cafeteria food, right?
    ...What was that? 'How did I afford anything to make this?'
    Why, I didn't even have to buy anything; why should I when I had everything since the harvest?
    Ha-ha~! Didn't expect the "lowly goober" to make all of this, did you?
    That's right, even the toast and milk were made out of peanuts!
    Brilliant, isn't if? This plant truly does contain infinite potential.
    With it, I can-
    ...Why are you all staring at me like that?"

---

Reaction to Other Servants:

Thomas Edison: "...Apparently the 'I'd rather die before getting out of my house and work for you' part actually came true. Oh well, a promise is a promise- Oh hello, Mr. Tesla, a pleasure to meet someone of your- W-wah!? Mr. Edison, Mr. Tesla, stop fighting! Please calm down, let's work this out...! Is there anyone who can help!?"

Youthful Servants (Jack, Nursery, any Lily Servants): Carver's fervent encouragement of vegetables being a part of a healthy meal garnered himself an infamous reputation as "The Veggie Man" among the "younger" Servants.

Leonardo Da Vinci: One of Da Vinci's biggest fanboys. Carver always remarks on how Da Vinci's inventions and accomplishments were absolutely brilliant, and how the accounts on the polymath's life were a great inspiration for him to continue his passion on science and painting. The botanist will even ask for an autograph from him(?). ...The fanboying was so great, it took a while for him to notice Da Vinci's unique appearance.

Arturia:
    "Honestly, you're the first person to actually like my sandwiches; not even my student can handle the ingredients I've used! ...W-wait, you want 8 more!? ...Well, normally I wouldn't object, but... really, 8?"

Taiwara Touta:
    Carver's culinary creations are the only kind of food that the Archer's hesitant to eat, much to the surprise of everyone.

---

Bond Lines:

Lv. 1: "I will lend you my knowledge, Master; but from now on, I am now your Teacher. With me, you will certainly leave with an open mind."

Lv. 2: "Sometimes, you don't always have to grasp the bigger picture; instead, try to pick apart a single specific thing. And in time, all will become clear."

Lv. 3: "It's true that I'm normally too weak to actually be a capable Servant, so with a little help from Mendel, I can easily use nature to our advantage! ...But without nature, wouldn't I still be just as useless as I was without the phantom's assistance? How can a mere bulb compare to blazing suns? Hmph, no; I cannot think so lowly of myself; Humanity is in danger, and as one of the Servants in Chaldea I will give it my all in saving everyone on Earth."

Lv. 4: "As much as I like field work, I'd prefer not to leave my lab unless absolutely necessary. So try not to drag me out for petty reasons, alright? Just think of me staying in the lab as a quicker way for me to help you... no, seriously."

Lv. 5: "...Master-no, I do not consider you a mere Master anymore; you're someone who's much more important: my Assistant. ...W-what's that look you're giving me? This is definitely better than being a mere student, right?"

Skills

Class Skills:

Item Construction - C+(EX)
    A Caster-class Skill to manufacture magical items, from implements of war to items for daily use. Also, this Skill requires time to gather components and manufacture items.

This Skill allows Carver to create specific lab equipment. Aside from equipment, it also allows Carver to create more advanced products from plant matter, like soy-based armor. Due to being a person who’s accustomed to poverty, the botanist was practical enough to craft impressive lab equipment just from scraps and junk alone. As a Servant, the skill he possessed in life now allows him to top-notch equipment from almost anything. Hell, just take him to the nearest junk yard/pawn shop and expect him to return with some surprisingly high-quality gear.

Due to being fused with the Phantom of Gregor Mendel, this Skill can be combined with the Noble Phantasm Verdure Modification to become even more effective. As long as the "item" is plant-based or a new strain of seeds, then there is nothing that can stop him from making new... interesting plants. With both time and luck, Carver may even create items/plants with supernatural functions, almost to the level of Advanced Thaumaturgy.
    (See Noble Phantasms section for more info.)

Territory Creation - B
    A Caster-class Skill that allows construction of a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus, such as for the purpose of collecting mana.

While barely counting as a workshop, Carver is able to conjure the exact replica of his home-laboratory. Within the homely lab, he is able to proficiently work on his research and prepare his Noble Phantasms. When working in the lab, George's rate of discovery and the Verdure Modification process increases considerably. Curiously, due to his tendency to almost forget the presence of everyone else when working, everyone other than Carver gains a lack of detection akin to a C-ranking Presence Concealment upon entering the lab. But no matter how one justifies that they weren't intentionally trying to sneak up on Carver, one is always bound to be a victim of his lecture on addressing themselves properly when entering his lab.

Personal Skills:

Affection for Humanity - B
    A Skill for one who deeply cares for mankind in some time or place. And from this love, one temporarily gains a spurt of power in hopes to better the lives of others. In turn, one’s own Luck parameter gradually decreases as long as the user is on the power boost. Even so, one may truly love the world, but the same gratitude may not be returned. Truly, this may be a fitting curse for all humanists.

Throughout his life, Carver used his skills to improve the lives and conditions of everyone around him. He never accepted payments, and was always ready to listen to the people’s plights as they visited his home everyday. Many of the functions he found within the peanut ended up helping others, including an oil concoction that served as a precedent towards Polio vaccines, as well as extremely tough plastic which can resist the toughest of blows. However, many of these accomplishments were birthed from hours of overworking, sometimes even leaving him bedridden. Yet despite all of Carver's hard work, many people back then still did not fully acknowledge his accomplishments due to societal values.

Innovation: Sacred Harvest of Rebirth - A+
    A special Skill given to heroes who brought about innovation to their eras. Namely, this is a conceptual revolution that breathes life to the arid earth as well as manipulating all types of plants.

Carver's variant of the Skill is not of a mechanical revolution, but originating from his large influence in restoring life and prosperity to the struggling farmlands across the world. Due to cotton’s nutrient-draining effect, nearly all of the South’s farmlands are completely devoid of any sustainability. Even worse, many were at the edge of bankruptcy and families were starving as an result. Due to George spreading the legume plants’ function in restoring the land and the concept of Sustainability, this twist of fate allowed the American South to survive and prosper from this revolutionary idea. Eventually, this concept was spread throughout the world, and nearly all of the farmlands across the globe practice Carver's "Sustainability Plan" to some degree.

A walking symbol of Revitalization, Carver is able to return any lifeless environments around him back to when it was a habitable zone. Even the most hostile habitats can be tamed into a save zone for all humans to live and survive in. For example, dead, arid earth can be slowly revitalized into rich earth that's capable of farming should Carver traverse through the terrain. Even a desert wasteland can be transformed into a large oasis should Carver stay around for an extended time; water will flow, plants would grow, etc. Pay in mind that the revitalization is only advantageous to suit human needs, granting bonuses to Man-aligned lifeforms that stands on these zones.

However, the effects of this Skill don’t go beyond than breathing life back to the land itself. While the plants that were sprung from the earth do have healing effects, it is useless when going against the corruption from unnatural forces such as the cursed mud from the Grail. Since this Skill is seen as "Subjugating Nature to serve Man's needs," it draws hostility from all lifeforms that are Earth-aligned. Ironically, Carver unintentionally became the natural enemy of a aspect of the world that he was so fascinated with since childhood.

Natural-Born Genius - B
    A Skill that shows one who has unparalleled natural knowledge. Allows the use of most Skills excluding those inherent to the body (such as Divinity) or ones unique to particular heroes, at proficiency of A~B Rank.

Since childhood, Carver was considered to be “The smartest boy they ever saw in their lives”; with a aptitude for cooking, knitting, fishing, drawing, plant care and so on, it’s not surprising that many thought the boy to be a gifted child. Later in life, Carver not only became a widely known botanist/chemist, he was also an inventor, college professor, painter and as well as a advise-giver to everyone who sought his advice; people such as Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, and even Mahatma Gandhi asked for help at least once. His fascination with nature is apparent in his works, which all of them are based from the natural world.

Revelation - D
    A Skill to "hear the voice of heavens" and take optimum action; a Skill equivalent to Instinct, a sixth sense regarding battles. However, 'Revelation' accommodates all matters related to the achievement of a goal (for instance, choosing the most suitable path while traveling). It is a Skill held by the soul, thus it will not work when the subject is under the influence of another.

Despite being a scientist, Carver was also a devout Christian; and combined with the similar religious spirit of Gregor Mendel, he gains a somewhat weaker version of Revelation. The botanist claimed that he wouldn’t have made some of his discoveries if he didn’t receive visions from God himself. Although the visions were sparse and brief, it gave Carver enough information to discover the various uses he had with the peanut and other plants.

Noble Phantasms

Over 300 Uses - The Miracle of the Unappreciated Legume - C+ - Support -

Carver's Noble Phantasm, where unlimited possibilities lay in the form of a single peanut. This NP is formed from his biggest accomplishments in creating hundreds of products/uses from plants like the peas, peanuts and yams. One of the plethora of inventions were the famous medical oils that managed to combat the symptoms of paralysis and Polio, along with paints, antiseptics, fuels, plastics and much more. It was said that if Carver actually lived longer, he would've created even more from these seemingly unimpressive foods.

All Carver needs is either a single peanut or sweet potato on his person. Upon brandishing any of the products, he has the ability to mold the product into anything that is nonliving. Depending on what he transforms, the types of items vary; Peanuts for support and utility items(medicine, bandages, ropes) and sweet potatoes for more offensive/defensive items (D-ranking armor and weapon replicas made from sweet potato-based rubbers). Given his reputation to "create countless uses" with these plants, the possibilities of the construction is practically limitless; from D-ranking weapons to medicines, the botanist is able to make peanuts and sweet potatoes more versatile than a swiss army knife.

Among the countless objects he can mold them into, the most effective item he can craft is a perfected version of his healing peanut oil. Upon using a peanut, Carver is able to craft a single vial of the miracle oil. With the oil's healing factor being improved, the concoction is able to quickly remove all sense of pain, restore their stamina along with sealing most of the subject's wounds. However, the concoction must be applied to the skin, and it will take at least a minute for it to be absorbed and take effect. Additionally, it will partially heal major wounds, so the oil serves more as a stabilizer than anything else.

Unfortunately, there is also a factor of luck involved in the NP. Due to Carver never bothering to record a concrete reference or instructions when making the numerous products, he'll most likely be... "winging it," so to speak. As a result, there will always be a chance that Carver may accidentally make something else entirely. At best, he may create completely new items from the plants; at worst, however, it would be like making a rope when you need a weapon in battle.

...And before you ask, no; he cannot create a fully functioning mech with a mere sweet potato - he'll need at least 20 bags worth of it.

--- Assuming he fused with Gregor’s Phantom… ---

Verdure Modification - The Uncommon Way, With Countless Branching Possibilities - A+ - Varies -

A unique Noble Phantasm formed when Carver was fused with the Phantom of Gregor Mendel, where it advances the functions of Over 300 Uses and allows the botanist to actually take apart and either choose existing traits or create new functions or even behaviors for all plant life. Taken from the concept of hereditary evolution, it essentially gives Carver unlimited potential in predicting and manipulating all plant life. With the power of science, the botanist essentially possessed near god-like dominion over all flora.

For example, assuming that Carver would require a plant that can grow at an accelerated speed, he can "implant" the trait into the plant, and wait for the plant to produce the seed. Upon possessing the seed, Carver is able to cause it to grow at unnatural speeds once the seed is planted in the ground. That example is just the tip of the iceberg, as there are countless things he can do to modify his plants. From razor-sharp vines to explosive pollen, the possibilities are endless. With enough time and creativity, Carver may even be able to create seeds akin to the Pop Greens from a certain series...

Unfortunately, even this NP will also require a bit of luck. Just like genetics, there are chances that the plant with a newly implanted trait can either dispense seeds with a recessive trait or a mutation. And from a mutation, the seed can either become exponentially stronger than the intended version or... well, you don't want to be there to find out. Additionally, Carver can only implant a maximum of 3 unique traits onto the plants, for any more rewriting can lead to a higher chance of mutation. But since "Accelerated Growth" is a must-need trait in case of direct combat, it limits the botanist to only 2 traits.

---

(Note: The reason I made someone who's the "Father of Genetics" a Phantom is the fact that not only was discovering hereditary genetics his only accomplishment in life, his works was pretty much constantly overshadowed by other scientists as time went by, thus somewhat making him incapable of being HS-worthy. Additionally, it was debated whether his findings were accurate, since recent observations found out that his data were too perfect...)
    Last edited by SleepMode; May 10th, 2017 at 11:35 PM.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Carver: Tons of flavor (both humorous and informative), an entertaining personality, creative Skills and NPs... I think you're right to call this guy one of your best. A very cool sheet. How he plays off canon characters is also hilarious, particularly Edison and the younger Servants. It feels like his Innovation variant is almost a thematic inversion to the industrial revolution one I gave to my James Watt Servant...

Though apparent opposites, they're also surprisingly similar in the sense that they're both subjugating nature to mankind's ends, even if Planter's way is more outwardly benevolent. Overall, very interesting stuff and I'd be really curious as to how he'd interact with Watt, as fellow "enemies of the natural world" (though Watt embraces the title while Planter I imagine would not).

Blog Entries
    Also, reading Zh's Planter and looking back over my old Watt sheet, I'm quite fond of the idea but there's several parts where I didn't go quite as far as I might've liked (hardly helped I had a major bout of writer's block about halfway through). So, I've gotten the idea for a pretty crazy Watt Alter sheet that I'll probably be working on sometime soon, emphasizing the "mad scientist" and "man who ravaged nature" aspects of him.

Look forward to it, everybody! (Hint: expect steam-centaur)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I've gotten the idea for a pretty crazy Watt Alter sheet that I'll probably be working on sometime soon, emphasizing the "mad scientist" and "man who ravaged nature" aspects of him.

Look forward to it, everybody! (Hint: expect steam-centaur)
    *Vague Excitement*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zh1212 View Post
    To Prove A Point

"Good morning, students;
    to celebrate our first successful harvest in the
    Agriculture Class, I've prepared a hearty breakfast for you all.
    Over to the left are pancakes and biscuits, while there are pie and toast on the other.
    Now, would you all kindly- Hey, wait! I'm not done talking yet!

That was filling meal compared to the cafeteria food, right?
    ...What was that? 'How did I afford anything to make this?'
    Why, I didn't even have to buy anything; why should I when I had everything since the harvest?
    Ha-ha~! Didn't expect the "lowly goober" to make all of this, did you?
    That's right, even the toast and milk were made out of peanuts!
    Brilliant, isn't if? This plant truly does contain infinite potential.
    With it, I can-
    ...Why are you all staring at me like that?"

---
    The strongest Assassin ability of all time. Hide peanuts in anything

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    A chipper and wholesome lad. Much like a noble, he speaks with politeness and grace but with genuine warmth, not snide condescension one can expect of high society. He is also a fan of romance in whatever format he can consume it and can often be found binge watching movies or playing Otome games wich he finds quite engaging. However as much as he can sing the praises of individuals he cares for (both fictional and real), he can spiral into a long rant about he flaws in other people - something he may have picked up from a certain writer.

That aside, despite all he has seen and done he remains optimistic and believes that "A happy ending lies for us all in one way or another, we just need to walk the right path." and laments over his
    Bad
    Dead
    end but still believes his Prince Charming is out there somewhere.

He will help out other people where he can in any way he can, another habit he picked up after 300 years of 'do-gooding' but stays out of the romantic affairs of others if they involve 'Love Triangles' which are stupid and anyone who likes that tired sad trope which is destined to leave someone miserable is Stupid TM. As a result he may end up getting in an actual fistfight with the ever nhilistic Andersen if the two are summoned in Chaldea
    Bolding for emphasis of the point.

I'm left with a question regarding this. How would our cute Little Merman respond to a love triangle resolved via romantic triad? Because 3P is an answer too, right?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Carver: Tons of flavor (both humorous and informative), an entertaining personality, creative Skills and NPs... I think you're right to call this guy one of your best. A very cool sheet. How he plays off canon characters is also hilarious, particularly Edison and the younger Servants. It feels like his Innovation variant is almost a thematic inversion to the industrial revolution one I gave to my James Watt Servant...

Though apparent opposites, they're also surprisingly similar in the sense that they're both subjugating nature to mankind's ends, even if Planter's way is more outwardly benevolent. Overall, very interesting stuff and I'd be really curious as to how he'd interact with Watt, as fellow "enemies of the natural world" (though Watt embraces the title while Planter I imagine would not).
    Thanks for the reply, and sorry for not replying right away.

The two would initially not get along. Both Carver and Watt would likely argue about which method best to solve the situation, with the former leaning towards his unique plants while the latter favors his dynamic machinery. Due to the arguing, precious time was wasted when there was a much simpler way to solve said problem. Honestly, I can see a Human Innovation-esque singularity or event that features modern Servants with the duo being the main characters in it.

But regarding "Enemies of Nature" part, Carver would definitely be somewhat downtrodden; since the guy loved the natural world since he was a child, and it was from said world that he became the famous botanist he is today. Fortunately, he'll eventually accept this as the consequence of his desire to help others. But because of sharing certain values along with their similar goals in helping humanity advance, both might eventually come to an understanding of sorts.

...I can see them as rivals/friends who would try to outdo one another in terms of their own respective trade (steam-based mechanisms and advanced plant matter respectively.), with each bout getting increasingly ridiculous. In a way, the two are kind of like Edison and Tesla if they actually had a healthy competitive spirit instead of stupid petty arguments. If not competing, the two would be akin to a "Boke and Tsukkomi Routine" duo. (Whoever is the Straight Man or Wise Guy, however, is debatable.)

(Planter Class lol)
    Last edited by SleepMode; May 5th, 2017 at 11:08 AM.

Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zh1212 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, and sorry for not replying right away.

The two would initially not get along. Both Carver and Watt would likely argue about which method best to solve the situation, with the former leaning towards his unique plants while the latter favors his dynamic machinery. Due to the arguing, precious time was wasted when there was a much simpler way to solve said problem. Honestly, I can see a Human Innocation-esque singularity or event that features modern Servants with the duo being the main characters in it.

But regarding "Enemies of Nature" part, Carver would definitely be somewhat downtrodden; since the guy loved the natural world since he was a child, and it was from said world that he became the famous botanist he is today. Fortunately, he'll eventually accept this as the consequence of his desire to help others. But because of sharing certain values along with their similar goals in helping humanity advance, both might eventually come to an understanding of sorts.

...I can see them as rivals/friends who would try to outdo one another in terms of their own respective trade (steam-based mechanisms and advanced plant matter respectively.), with each bout getting increasingly ridiculous. In a way, the two are kind of like Edison and Tesla if they actually had a healthy competitive spirit instead of stupid petty arguments. If not competing, the two would be akin to a "Boke and Tsukkomi Routine" duo. (Whoever is the Straight Man or Wise Guy, however, is debatable.)

(Planter Class lol)
    Yeah, that sounds about right. Don't mind that you didn't reply right away, and anyways it certainly sounds like you put a fair bit of thought into how they'd play off each other.

Blog Entries
    Jimmy Carter Planter when??

Blog Entries
    Never underestimate the power of peanuts.

Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    "Lady Ishtar, is that you? Oh...I see..."
    Source: https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust....st_id=60025530
    Class: Lancer
    Alternate Class: Avenger, Assassin
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Origin: Folklore
    Region: Mesopotamia
    Epithet: Inanna’s Handmaiden, S/He Whose Face Is Brilliant

Parameters
    Strength: C
    Endurance: C
    Agility: C
    Mana: A
    Luck: E
    NP: A

Height/Weight: 5’0”/100lbs
    Dislikes: Nothing really
    Talents: Being cute
    Natural enemy: Ereshkigal

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: (E)
    Magic Resistance grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.
    Lancer was created with no abilities to resist magecraft in mind. Taking into account its complete susception to Ereshkigal’s curses and living far before the creation of modern magecraft, Lancer’s Magic Resistance sits at the minimum rank.

Personal Skills:

Gifts of Ishtar: (A)

Powers received from Ishtar after their ordeal in the Underworld. Ishtar’s shame at the misfortune she indirectly caused Lancer through her own selfishness brought tears to her face in pity. The face opposite hers was one of innocence and beauty, that she had sullied with her recklessness. The curses that had been placed on Lancer were not ones that were within her power to remove, yet she felt obligated to help anyway. It looks like that NEET-like princess can feel sorry for someone other than herself after all...

A composite skill that exemplifies the uncrowned powers of social outcasts and pariahs, and their unexpected assistance throughout the history of legends. Channeling Ishtar’s “dedicated server” of power, Lancer may call upon the goddess to provide him with a Revelation. Otherwise, Lancer may tap into Ishtar’s knowledge in order to use Healing Magecraft. It seems when she provided these gifts she meant to give Lancer Human Anatomy Understanding, but it seems she was too lazy for it.

Looks of Loveliness (False): (EX)

Looks of Loveliness (False) is a Skill that endows the possessor with a beauty that makes it difficult to discern the person's gender by means of appearance. The ultimate androgynous skill by means of a true biological perspective.

Filled with the light of the stars and shaped from the earth; Lancer, unlike other Automatic Dolls of its same nature, was not created with an absence of gender, but rather given both at the same time. The beauty of both male and female, present at all times. Its looks were great enough even to ensnare the heart of a goddess, that of Ereshkigal.
    Lancer may negotiate with both men and women with no worries as to efficacy. Also, effects that target a specific gender are disregarded. At this rank, the sheer perfection of one’s beauty seems to have reached the stage of what one might call a “Mystic Body”.
    This skill is sealed upon summoning.

Consummated Shape: (D)
    Consummated Shape is a Skill where by making use of the magic energy of the land, it restores itself to its former shape.

So long as there is a supply of magic energy from the land, Lancer may keep certain parts of its body from collapsing. Although a shared Skill with that “other”, the composition of Lancer’s body is too unique to make use of most any magical earth that’s at hand. At this rank, it seems to only represent an indication of what Lancer is truly made of: the dirt from under Enki’s fingernails. Literally.

Noble Phantasm
    Imḫur-līm
    Ten Thousand Curses of the Newborn Knight

(Anti-Unit (Self)/Army, B)
    A Noble Phantasm embodying the curses Ereshkigal levied against Lancer after it broke her heart after it assisted Ishtar’s escape from her realm. Before it had reached the seventh and final gate of the Underworld before reaching their escape, Ereshkigal spoke these words: “The food of the gutter shall thou eat,'' cried Ereshkigal, her every word a curse. “The water of the sewer shall be your drink. In the shadows you shall abide, despised and hated by even your own kind.'' Having pronounced the curse, Ereshkigal banished Lancer.”

Ereshkigal, ironically in her infinite wisdom, predicted the future of humanity’s shame for those that were biologically different from them (queer), what with Lancer being the first true intersex being in history. The Noble Phantasm is representative of the curses that now take up residence in Lancer’s body. Anything it touches or takes hold of will be warped into its “most depraved” or “evil” quality at a conceptual level, akin to an inverse version of Concept Improvement or Civilization Erasure. Things meant to give life with harm or be rendered useless, food will rot in its hands, water will contaminate at a mere touch.

To possibly add insult to injury, upon escaping the underworld with Ishtar, Lancer voluntarily took more curses upon himself in order to purify his mistress. For her indiscretions against the Underworld--mainly barging in like she owned the place--Ereshkigal had dumped 60 diseases of man on Ishtar, to fester away her beauty and life. Lancer accepted these diseases within himself, saving Ishtar. These diseases blow about Lancer in a thick cloud, that are capable of eating through certain levels of Magic Resistance. However, any measure of Divinity will render the victim immune.

Balluṭu Ḫabburru
    Piercing the Seven Gates

(Anti-Unit, A)
    The Noble Phantasm of Lancer’s physical descent and subsequent ascent from the Underworld. Initially, Lancer was able to easily sneak past the seven gates of the underworld through its stealth and charms. However, upon angering Ereshkigal, Lancer and Ishtar were forced to fight or flee for their lives through the many gates back to the land of the living.

Taking the form of a tapering series of projected mana shields, Lancer fires itself through the barreling line like a railgun slug. Each successive shattered “gate” transforms a new article of clothing on Lancer. These seven articles of clothing are actually the ones Ishtar herself left behind on her descent to meet Ereshkigal--meaning she was quite definitely naked down there.
    After donning Ishtar’s full costume, a startling change occurs. Transform! Magical Androgyne!

Completing the gates and accepting Ishtar’s clothes release Lancer’s true power. Imḫur-līm and Gifts of Ishtar are sealed, while Looks of Loveliness (False) is unlocked. This might not seem like the most beneficial tradeoff, but what would a magical girl...boy...creature be without a weapon?
    Some tellings of Ishtar’s descent and Lancer’s creation have it as two homunculi going to save her, one carrying the Water of Life encased in a scepter, and the other carrying the (much sought after by Gilgamesh) Plant of Youth encased in a mace. These two beings and weapons were conflated into Lancer and Balluṭu Ḫabburru respectively. One end of the spear can bring the dead back to life, while the other end can ensure everlasting youth. Geezers beware!

The only troublesome aspects of this Noble Phantasm are the relatively lengthy time it takes to finish its activation--Lancer is supremely vulnerable until all of the gates have been broken--and the fact that Lancer more or less loses any and all combat capability it once had. Although, one could really not ask for a better healer. Balluṭu Ḫabburru can be turned off manually or destroyed by stripping Lancer of all its clothes, forcing it to brave the gates once more.

Lore

Asushunamir was created by Enki to rescue Inanna from the "Land of No Return." Inanna, Queen of Heaven, was given great gifts by Enki the Wise. Wisdom, justice, love, the sacred women, and the fruit of the vine. The gift that saved her from death Enki fashioned from the dirt beneath his fingernails. A being of light called, Asushunamir. (S)he whose face is radiant, beautiful in countenance; Asushunamir (S)he, clothed in the stars, male & female, companion to Inanna; Asushunamir The spell of Ereshkigal, Queen of the Dead, could not possess this luminescent being. Yet she was charmed by Asushunamir's beauty, moved by (he)r voice, amused by (he)r dance. Ereshkigal called for a great feast to be held in (he)r honor; the best wine, the finest meats, the most sumptuous of fruit. Ereshkigal dreamed of taking this beautiful being to her bed, and of keeping her forever with her in the Land of the Dead.

But Asushunamir was careful to pour the wine upon the floor and to eat no food prepared by the servants of Ereshkigal. When the Queen of the Dead grew careless from the wine, Asushunamir asked if (s)he might taste the water of life, kept locked in the cellar. This was the water of which Enki had spoken when Asushunamir came into the world, the water with which one must be sprinkled to pass through the seven gates of Irkalla, the water to renew one's life on earth. Ereshkigal cried out, "Namtar, bring the jug with the water of life. I shall grant the wish of this charming creature." Later, when Ereshkigal fell into a deep sleep, Asushunamir made (he)r way to the lampless cell where Inanna, captive, lay dying. (S)he sprinkled Inanna with the water of life and, as the drops fell on her inert body, Innana breathed easily as a child might breathe and then awakened. Beautiful and once more flowing with the energy of life, Innana quickly made her way through the seven gates of Irkalla, ascending to earth, causing the flowers to grow and restoring the trees to green. People returned to their planting, their weaving, their making of wine, their love making, and a great feast was held in honor of the return of Inanna.

Asushunamir was not as fortunate. Ereshkigal awoke as (s)he was approaching the seventh gate, and neither (he)r beauty, nor (he)r charm, nor (he)r dancing or songs, could extinguish the passion that had turned to hate. ``The food of the gutter shall thou eat,'' cried Ereshkigal, her every word a curse.``The water of the sewer shall be your drink. In the shadows you shall abide, despised and hated by even your own kind.'' Having pronounced the curse, Ereshkigal banished Asushunamir.

When Inanna learned of the curse placed upon Asushunamir, she wept and spoke softly that no one might here. ``The power of Ereshkigal is great. No one dares to defy her. Yet I may soften her curse upon you, as spring arrives to banish winter. Those who are like you, my assinnu and kalum and kugarru and kalaturru, lovers of men, kin to my sacred women, shall be strangers in their own homes. Their families will keep them in the shadows and will leave them nothing. The drunken shall smite them, and the mighty shall imprison them. But if you remember me, how you were born from the light of the stars to save me, and through me the earth, from darkness and death, then I shall harbor you and your kind. You shall be my favored children, and I shall make you my priestesses. I shall grant you the gift of prophecy, the wisdom of the earth and the moon and all that they govern, and you shall banish illness from my children, even as you have stolen me from the clutches of Ereshkigal.'' ``And when you dress in my robes, I shall dance in your feet and sing in your throats. No man shall be able to resist your enchantments.''

``When the earthen jug is brought from Irkalla, lions shall leap in the deserts, and you shall be freed from the spell of Ereshkigal. Once more you will be called Asushunamir, a being clothed in light. Your kind shall be called Those Whose Faces Are Brilliant, Those Who Have Come to Renew the Light, The Blessed of Inanna.''

Personality

Quite like Enkidu, Asushunamir has a very static personality. Ishtar is its first and foremost concern, despairing if anything was to happen to its Lady. A knight made from rough dirt but more beautiful than anything imaginable.
    It likes to refer to itself as Enkidu’s younger sibling, even though their methods of creation and occupations couldn’t be more different. It doesn’t seem to particularly notice how much Gilgamesh might despise it.
    Last edited by Ail Don; May 4th, 2017 at 11:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    Asushunamir: Don't think the (False) is really necessary in Looks Of Loveliness, since D'eon is similarly androgynous and yet has the Skill in its regular version (in fact, s/he is the only Servant to have it in canon so far). Other then that it's a pretty cool sheet though. I especially got a kick out of the railgun and magical 'girl' transformation aspects of their second NP. And yay for trans representation!

Blog Entries
    D'Eon has Looks of Loveliness because s/he only looks so pretty you can't tell if s/he's a boy or a girl.
    Asushunamir is so pretty because it's a boy and girl at the same time. Thanks though!

somewhere on some continent, in some random city of some merit.
    alright, link should work now. and changed his alignment to neutral anything else i need to fix, especially in regards to grammar.
    Last edited by venomking; May 5th, 2017 at 07:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    So, I'm about halfway through writing a Rider- Iolaus Servant (Herc's
    lover
    nephew
    and charioteer) and am thinking of giving him an NP based on how he won in the Olympics with Heracles' chariot and horses. Unfortunately, I can't really think of a good idea on what form such an NP would take (other then obviously involving a chariot and steed in some form). Any help?

I mean, I have two NPs set in stone for Iolaus already so it's not a big deal, but it'd be nice to give him one mount-related one since he is a Rider and all...

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    IIRC SF implies that Iolaus was a girl, so you might want to bear that in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Why not use the fact, that he's the one who drove Hercules to many of his destinations.
    Or I bealave he was the storyteller for Hercules or so,etching like that, so you could do something cool with that. I also beleave he's the one who actully crafted the poison arrows, so he could of hydra poison arrows or something.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    IIRC SF implies that Iolaus was a girl, so you might want to bear that in mind.
    Wow, really? I thought of doing a genderbend, but that seemed a little too crass even for me...

Seriously though, between this and Hephaestion there's some major unfortunate implications with turning the male lovers of various mythical figures into girls...

Do you mean my sheet, Cause don't reamber doing a gender bender.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by venomking View Post
    Do you mean my sheet, Cause don't reamber doing a gender bender.
    Hephaestion, not Hephaestus. I'm referring to Iskandar's lover, who was depicted as a girl in Case Files.

...Or so I was going to write, but looking back it appears I'd gotten that part wrong. CF's "Hephaestion" is apparently a female body double taking her brother's place. So still odd, but not as heteronormative I guess...

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    something something Citius, Altius, Fortius something something first olympic winner something something gold medal something something conceptually faster while engaging on fairplay something something changing speed depending on conceptual laps something something.
    Last edited by JetKinen; May 6th, 2017 at 12:37 AM.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book