Page 470 of 491 FirstFirst ... 370420460465468469470471472475480 ... LastLast
Results 9,381 to 9,400 of 9818

Thread: Fate/Apocrypha Anime (no spoilers)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    If Amakusa really wanted people to get the third, he should have just forgotten about the grail war and made things Extra.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    There's really no moral ambiguity when it comes to forcing your will onto seven billion people without their consent regardless of who's doing it my man
    That's a rather absolutist position. Suppose I could snap my fingers and cure all cancer in the world instantly, without any negative side-effects. Would it to be wrong to do so without getting "consent" first?

Blog Entries
    Not a great comparison

We're not talking about curing cancer with a snap of the fingers, though.

We're talking about changing the fundamental meaning of "humanity."

Imagine if you could cure cancer, but it required turning everyone into a race of bizarre, plant-like creatures who couldn't take vacations to exotic locales like Paris and had to reproduce by spreading pollen instead of getting down. I can guarantee a not insignificant portion of the population would hate, hate, hate it.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    That's a rather absolutist position. Suppose I could snap my fingers and cure all cancer in the world instantly, without any negative side-effects. Would it to be wrong to do so without getting "consent" first?
    The "it's not rape because she had an orgasm" argument, and here I thought you were woke

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Not a great comparison

Imagine if you could cure cancer, but it required turning everyone into a race of bizarre, plant-like creatures who couldn't take vacations to exotic locales like Paris and had to reproduce by spreading pollen instead of getting down. I can guarantee a not insignificant portion of the population would hate, hate, hate it.
    Mcjon's argument was generalized to "forcing your will" on all humanity in any way, without regard for how great or trivial the consequences might be. I was intending to refute that, not give an exact parallel to Amakusa's own plan.

- - - Updated - - -

The "it's not rape because she had an orgasm" argument, and here I thought you were woke
    Saying that making people immortal (or curing cancer, as your original post could apply to either) is exactly the same as rape is completely inane and a perfect example of the worst argument in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Jeanne didn't force him into fighting for her beliefs, she kept telling him to stay out of the war.
    Yes, I do remember the Ruler permanently hanging around a half-servant blank-brained Master and his comic relief Servant constantly telling him about how good humanity is, as if she truly had no idea that doing so could and would influence Sieg to do exactly otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Not a great comparison

That's not a great comparison either. Up until Justeaze gave the whole "but servants making that wish will make it all buggy haha" the wish was simply immortality. Immortal people can still do plenty of things for enjoyment; they just don't have to worry about stuff like starving, pain, etc.

I mean, there are some philosophical questions you could bring up about giving the whole world immortality all of a sudden, like if such a thing really would remove all drive and motivation, or if it really would end all conflict. But you know, instead of that, why not just have a spiel about how humanity is good even though that doesn't really go against "let's make everyone immortal."

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    maybe things are only meaningful if humanity work towards it and gained it themselves

smtg2 journey before destination and stuffs
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Maybe Hitler was right
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

JP Friend Code
    Humans should die

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Mcjon's argument was generalized to "forcing your will" on all humanity in any way, without regard for how great or trivial the consequences might be. I was intending to refute that, not give an exact parallel to Amakusa's own plan.

- - - Updated - - -

Saying that making people immortal (or curing cancer, as your original post could apply to either) is exactly the same as rape is completely inane and a perfect example of the worst argument in the world.
    You're violating someone's body without any concern for what they think or feel and your only justification is that you've deemed the outcome to be good. What would you call it?

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    maybe things are only meaningful if humanity work towards it and gained it themselves

smtg2 journey before destination and stuffs
    That's one of the points brought up yeah.

Blog Entries
    You're violating someone's body without any concern for what they think or feel and your only justification is that you've deemed the outcome to be good. What would you call it?
    Okay, I'll admit snapping your fingers to cure cancer was far too abstract an example. How about vaccinating an infant? You're violating someone's body (and even causing them pain) for a benefit that's completely incomprehensible to them, only on the faith that they'll agree it was worth it later on. Now, would you seriously argue that vaccinating a young child is the same as raping them?

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Saber Works View Post
    Up until Justeaze gave the whole "but servants making that wish will make it all buggy haha" the wish was simply immortality.
    What are you even talking about? That's not what Justeaze said at all.

US Friend Code
    Yes, I do remember the Ruler permanently hanging around a half-servant blank-brained Master and his comic relief Servant constantly telling him about how good humanity is, as if she truly had no idea that doing so could and would influence Sieg to do exactly otherwise.

That's not a great comparison either. Up until Justeaze gave the whole "but servants making that wish will make it all buggy haha" the wish was simply immortality. Immortal people can still do plenty of things for enjoyment; they just don't have to worry about stuff like starving, pain, etc.

I mean, there are some philosophical questions you could bring up about giving the whole world immortality all of a sudden, like if such a thing really would remove all drive and motivation, or if it really would end all conflict. But you know, instead of that, why not just have a spiel about how humanity is good even though that doesn't really go against "let's make everyone immortal."
    It's immortality yeah but it's more than that, your not simply making people imaging, making them live longer won't make them better people as seen with Zouken, it's changing the structure of humanity to it's most basic level, it's essentially the final state of evolution for the human race. The problem with Amakusa doing it tho it's to early, essentially cutting off any future humans will have because he has already skipped to the end.

Also Sieg's views on humanity came from his own conclusion after dwelling on the matter after the Jack incident with him consulting as many people he could I'm their views. And Jeanne did try to get Sieg out of the war alot of times but he sticked to it because of his sense of responsibility.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    What are you even talking about? That's not what Justeaze said at all.
    Yeah I have no idea what's that's about either.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Unethical medical practice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    It's immortality yeah but it's more than that, your not simply making people imaging, making them live longer won't make them better people as seen with Zouken, it's changing the structure of humanity to it's most basic level, it's essentially the final state of evolution for the human race. The problem with Amakusa doing it tho it's to early, essentially cutting off any future humans will have because he has already skipped to the end.

Also Sieg's views on humanity came from his own conclusion after dwelling on the matter after the Jack incident with him consulting as many people he could I'm their views. And Jeanne did try to get Sieg out of the war alot of times but he sticked to it because of his sense of responsibility.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I have no idea what's that's about either.
    But Sieg's belief was that humanity is inherently good, so making them immortal shouldn't make things any worse than they might already be. They'd just live forever while being good. Ironically, it would be the belief that humanity is inherently evil, and that even the removal of death would still have humans be evil, that immortality would be bad.

Maybe the subs from where I watched the last episode were horribly translated, but the exact transcript I read was:

Sieg: Isn't immortality too early for mankind?
    Justeaze: It might be. Also, as they get it through a miracle by a deceased, a Servant, they might lose their spirituality along the way.
    Astolfo: What will happen to mankind then?
    Justeaze: They will likely lose their drive to explore the unknown, and become creatures bound to the land.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    making them immortal
    Complacency can be as bad as or worse than suffering.

Way i see it
    Hardships produce evil but overcoming it produce good
    Turn everybody immortal = remove hardships

Now is that a good thing
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Are we also ignoring the fact that using the Third wouldn't change anything else about people? You essentially remove the ability for people to suffer consequences for their actions and you think that's the way to a utopia?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    But Sieg's belief was that humanity is inherently good, so making them immortal shouldn't make things any worse than they might already be. They'd just live forever while being good. Ironically, it would be the belief that humanity is inherently evil, and that even the removal of death would still have humans be evil, that immortality would be bad.

Maybe the subs from where I watched the last episode were horribly translated, but the exact transcript I read was:

Sieg: Isn't immortality too early for mankind?
    Justeaze: It might be. Also, as they get it through a miracle by a deceased, a Servant, they might lose their spirituality along the way.
    Astolfo: What will happen to mankind then?
    Justeaze: They will likely lose their drive to explore the unknown, and become creatures bound to the land.
    The subs I read was this.

Justeave: Maybe

Justeave: just like the miracle that the envoys called Servants obtain, there's a high risk of humanity discarding their spiritual nature.

Also it's not that Sieg's views are opposed to Amakusa, it's that Jeanne took his views that humanity still could be believed in, that taking this large and drastic shortcut wasn't needed. Sieg and Jeanne believing that humanity is inherently good means that in the end of the day that will be the side that comes on top through all those tragedies, which is opposed to Amakusa's thinking that humanity has already completely rotted thus this measure is absoluting needed in saving mankind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Are we also ignoring the fact that using the Third wouldn't change anything else about people? You essentially remove the ability for people to suffer consequences for their actions and you think that's the way to a utopia?
    Does the Third really not change anything? It's basically turns people into anthropomorphic and physical souls. In that kind of state what is there to feel? You won't feel hunger or just, no one can hurt you but at the same time you can't hurt anyone. Whatever you thought made you special doesn't exist anymore, since everyone's the same as you so hierarchies are pointless. You would be free from death so any impulses of living in the moment is gone, because you now have eternity. That seems plenty of change to me.
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here