Page 224 of 680 FirstFirst ... 124174214219222223224225226229234274324 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,480 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    Thanks for the translations...

Hmm...Meditative Sensitivity...

It might be hers, it might be the

Spoiler:
    Grand Assassin's

Too excited to see what she can do.
    I think it more likely that it's True Assassin's, given phrasing that hints at foreshadowing and the fact that TA appears in the very next scene. But I guess that positioning could be a ruse.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbertoZero View Post
    Amazing! Thanks for translating!

Shishigo? Is that Sisigou from Fate/Apocrypha!? Ohhh! Nice cameo, or of sorts. What it really surprised me was the mention of the Hydra Venom Dagger he made in the Great Grail War.. I mean, wth!? I got totally confused. Apocrypha is another "timeline" so that dagger should not exist. This is the second time I'm feeling these "strange" mixing vibes from Apocrypha in Strange Fake, being the first when Franchesca mentioned Jeanne as a Ruler in such detail, as if already happened.
    Well, it should not be possibly for Apocrypha to happen on the same timeline,it was mentioned before the Fourth and Fifith Holy Grail war, talking about Zero and Stay night, Apocrypha doesn't have those as the Grail is missing after the 3rd grail war and therefore doesn't have the others until the Grand war of Apocrypha happens
    But Franchesca does mention Ruler, who is said to only be summoned on Apocrypha, On Zero and Stay night it was Avenger who was summoned, maybe on Strange Fake it was ruler ? Or Maybe Franchesca can see multiple timelines.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    omegasonic, is that you?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante_Serge View Post
    Well, it should not be possibly for Apocrypha to happen on the same timeline,it was mentioned before the Fourth and Fifith Holy Grail war, talking about Zero and Stay night, Apocrypha doesn't have those as the Grail is missing after the 3rd grail war and therefore doesn't have the others until the Grand war of Apocrypha happens
    But Franchesca does mention Ruler, who is said to only be summoned on Apocrypha, On Zero and Stay night it was Avenger who was summoned, maybe on Strange Fake it was ruler ? Or Maybe Franchesca can see multiple timelines.
    I got the impression that a Ruler was summoned in Strange Fake's version of the Third Holy Grail War, marking it as a third timeline.

The first, main timeline is Avenger in the third. The second, Apocrypha timeline is Ruler in the Third and the great Grail theft by Darnic and the Nazis. The third, Strange Fake timeline involves a Ruler (probably Jeanne?) showing up in the Third instead of those other two guys.

This is, of course, wild speculation and guesswork that should not be taken as remotely factual.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    wasn't the Fuyuki grail corrupted? Frencesca kept the mud and gave it to Bazz to turn Herc into Avenger.

If Francesca knows enough about the Grail ritual, one could probably surmise she just knows of the Ruler class, and knows that Jeanne can be summoned in it. Her talking about Jeanne in such detail would be because, y'know, Prelati was alive around the time Jeanne was killed?

Anyways, we all know there's three timelines already. Avenger Timeline, Ruler Timeline, and the Fate/Koha-Ace timeline that's 100% canon, obviously.

US Friend Code
    CharlesTrevyOB
    Please, correct me if I'm wrong but:
    Snowfield's Grail war is a copy of Fuyuki's third grail war in which there was Angra Mainyu as Servant Avenger and a Ruler, Amakusa Shiro Tokisada. Depending of how the war went it could result in two timelines:
    - The Grail is stolen by the Ygdemillenias and the Great Holy Great War takes place around the 2000s.
    - The Grail is not stolen and the 4th and 5th Grail Wars happen as we know them...

Because this Fake Grail War is a copy of the 3rd, maybe it copied the likelihood of a Ruler appearing, but why is Franchesca referring directly to Jeanne? To being able to see other timelines you'd need a very powerful magic, right? Zelretch could be aware of this, but Franchesca? mmm. In any case, she is certain that a Ruler WON'T make appearance in this war. Also, as the Einzbern messed up with the grail in the 3rd war, corrupting it, could it be that this copy in Snowfield is not corrupted? or at least to the original's level?

So, taking that in consideration, I'd say that Strange Fake belongs to the same principal timeline since it hints a direct connection to the 5th war. It says it happened 2 years after the 5th war and "there are rumors of someone capable of making unlimited copies".

I don't really know what to think. This grail war is so far so strange and anything can happen so I'm pretty much lost in possibilities. Maybe because the list of servants that are fit to being a Ruler is short she pinpointed her as the most likely Heroic Spirit to be Ruler in that war if it ever got to happen? Why she among the rest? I don't know what to expect but I know it will continue to surprise me as it has been doing so far...
    Oh, and there's the True Servant stuff... >.<

Francesca knows Jean personally when she was alone and she also knows first and last about grail ritual. There is nothing weird about that.

Spooky Scary Counter-Guardian Balthizar's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Wouldn't it be great to get a novelization of the 3rd grail war? So much lore hinges around that event that it could be masterpiece that connects everything forever, or it could be continuity clusterfuck. Either way, I'd want to read it.
    Nasuverse in a Nutshell
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Gilgamesh fired weapons like rockets back in the day, Enkidu was a shapeshifting mud doll, Elizabeth Bathory had dragon blood, the origin of life is an insane giant, and vampires rule over humans in this odd way where they claim to be the apex of life and are perfect beings. Also every planet has super ultimate beings that are the apex of each planet and will one day come to Earth to rock our shit, and each of these ultimate beings are comparable to vampires.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Jeanne was speaking to the counter force and Karl was driven by aliens. And Jesus was probably Martha's imaginary friend, I'd imagine.

US Friend Code
    CharlesTrevyOB
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
    Francesca knows Jean personally when she was alone and she also knows first and last about grail ritual. There is nothing weird about that.
    Well, for me it is, and so is the content of your comment.
    Would you be so kind to explain?

Darn I was typing it on my smartphone some words got switched. Francesca knows Jeanne when she still lived (ie hundred year war) and she is also one who reconstructed both fake and true grail in states.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    wasn't the Fuyuki grail corrupted? Frencesca kept the mud and gave it to Bazz to turn Herc into Avenger.
    Good point

Then SF's Grail War probably had both Avenger and Ruler involvement if I have my facts straight.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

There is no fact that would imply ruler ever being summoned. Especially as SF is identical to FZ and FSN timeline.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    At least "Zero" (or something similar to it) has to have happened, since this Waver (unlike the one in "Apocrypha") summoned Iskander.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    At least "Zero" (or something similar to it) has to have happened, since this Waver (unlike the one in "Apocrypha") summoned Iskander.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apo Materials
    -Lord El Melloi II [Person]
    Waver Velvet, who appeared in “Fate/Zero”. This is him roughly ten years after those events. He was half-forced to inherit the title of El Melloi II by Reines and spend his days working hard to repay his debt and repair the family’s Magic Crest while teaching students as a professor.
    To find out more about him, go check out “Character material”. Even in the “Fate/Apocrypha” world, he fought alongside Rider, Iskander, in a subspecies Holy Grail War against Kayneth—that’s the setting here, anyway.
    After the end of the novels, Caules Forvedge Yggdmillennia also ends up joining El Melloi II’s class.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Huh. I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Amakura_Akagi View Post
    What? Where? Give me the tip, please, where I can find it.
    I'd really like to see Francesca scene translated in the future, please! See, I want to translate fsf for my friends to my own language using your and mew's work so it would be nice to see the text as complete as possible) Also I want to officially ask yours and mew's permission to do this.

And thanks for the translation!
    You're welcome, and good luck. You've got my permission to work off anything I've done. I still have some editing to do on what I've posted, but it's mostly stylistic things that shouldn't affect what you want to do.

I don't actually see full translations of the profile pages anywhere, now that I look for them. You aren't missing a huge amount, since there are only six so far, and one of those is completely blanked out. I'll do at least the ones in book two as I get to them. The stat parts do appear to be on the wiki, but it lacks the SF NP and skill descriptions.

As for the scene with Francesca that got added to volume 1, I just banged out a draft of it for you. It goes right at the end of the Caster prologue, and the full-body illustration of Francesca comes in the middle of it.

FSF book 1, Francesca scene
    Even an unwritten story, however, has an audience.
    After the officers had left, the room echoed to the sound of delicate applause.
    "...What are you doing here?" The chief grumbled vexedly without turning to look. Obvious disgust showed through in his voice, which he loaded with enough pressure to crush the soul of a small animal.
    Thereupon, the owner of the applause poked her face out of the shadows.
    "What's this? It kind of feels like you're giving me the cold shoulder. Can't I drop in even if I don't have business?"
    It was a girl who appeared to be in her mid teens. She wore a gothic lolita-style dress with black and white keynotes, and clasped an over-decorated umbrella despite being indoors.
    "At the very least, this is no place for outsiders."
    "Oh, so I'm an outsider now? You've sure gotten high and mighty, newbie."
    The girl giggled and twirled her umbrella. Despite her peevish remarks, she gave the impression of being in high spirits.
    "Still, that was a masterpiece. How'd it go? 'You are justice'? What a performance. If I was judging the Golden Raspberry Awards, I wouldn't hesitate to nominate you for Worst Actor!"
    "I wasn't trying to put on a show. I only stated the truth."
    "Oh? What's this? Could it be that you seriously believe you're justice? You're one of the perpetrators of this grand scam, remember."
    "I am."
    The girl burst into a cackle at the chief's unflinching response.
    "Wow! I wish I had your nerve! That's not very patriotic, is it? I mean, f you really loved this country, you'd never call all this 'just'!"
    "It may be true that I am no patriot, and no pious man of God, but I do take pride in the fact that my actions are the results of just beliefs." Sounding more as if he was trying to convince himself than the girl, the chief continued: "Of course, I won't claim that our justice matches the Grail's. Should circumstances demand it, we may end up making enemies of not only the Association and the Church, but the Grail War system itself as well."
    "Don't worry so much. Ruler won't be in this War."
    The girl waved a hand as she spoke, as if to mock the words the chief had uttered with such determination.
    "What?"
    The next instant, the tone of the girl's smile suddenly changed.
    "And even if Ruler does show up after it switches over to the real Grail War, it'll be too late."
    It was still an innocent smile, but now it had taken on the cruel look of a child rhythmically stomping on a line of ants.
    "The Snowfield Holy Grail War will be elevated from a fake to the real deal, and veer off course. Once that happens, Ruler won't be able to stop it, or even intervene. We'll be able to rape the Grail War all we want!" Her breath whitened as she went on triumphantly, sunk in ecstasy. "Don't you see how wonderful this is? I never thought I'd get another chance to have my way with that holy maiden, then turn her into a pile of cinders that aren't even good for pig slop! Oh, it's incredible! It's the best! I hope Ruler does come! I couldn't manage to break her spirit back then, but this time she won't be a hero whose work is done! She'll die as a Ruler who wasn't able to do her duty! I'm sure that will get to her!"
    At that point, her smile suddenly returned to normal and her excitement leveled out.
    "Don't you think it's just wonderful?" She asked the chief.
    His answer, however, was curt.
    "...I will do it if it becomes necessary, but I do not consider it a laudable action."
    "You're so uptight. A real stick in the mud," the girl teasingly addressed him, twirling her umbrella. "Don't you ever get tired of being a hero? It's so much easier when you know you're the bad guy, you know? Whatever you do, you can just pass it off with a 'Because I'm the bad guy.' Acting crazy is easy, too. You can just pass off anything you do with a 'Because I'm crazy.'"
    Then, with a malicious narrowing of her eyes, she added a final, sarcastic remark.
    "Oh, but justice works the same way! Sorry about that!"
    With that, the girl turned to go, but she abruptly stopped, looked back, and asked the chief:
    "Oh, that's right, didn't Mr. Fake Caster want a woman? If he does, why don't I go and keep him company?"
    "Hurry up and return to headquarters. Without any unnecessary detours."
    Getting a response pregnant with rage so intense it was practically homicidal, the girl shrugged her shoulders and turned her back on the chief again.
    "Yes, yes, I'll wait my turn like a good girl..."

After he had watched the girl open the door normally and go, the chief spat:
    "Play the mastermind as long as you can, you old bitch."
    But there was no smile on his face, and no sense of composure... Anyone who saw him would have taken his words for the excuses of a sore loser.

But even if they were, his mind would remain unclouded. His conviction had already reached a place beyond his pride, or even his life.

Hope that helps.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amakura_Akagi View Post
    What? Where? Give me the tip, please, where I can find it.
    I'd really like to see Francesca scene translated in the future, please! See, I want to translate fsf for my friends to my own language using your and mew's work so it would be nice to see the text as complete as possible) Also I want to officially ask yours and mew's permission to do this.

And thanks for the translation!
    I don't mind but I can't allow any commercial use. That means no revenue. e.g. don't host it on your site and then ask for donations for "server costs only".

That aside, it is always much better to work from the original language to avoid further loss of fidelity. Can you find someone who can help with that?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Good point

Then SF's Grail War probably had both Avenger and Ruler involvement if I have my facts straight.
    Here's how I understand it.

The lynchpin is HGW3. In the Apocrypha setting, Yggdmillennia and the Nazis stole the Fuyuki Greater Grail and moved it to Trifas. The HGW3 itself happened differently also, as [spoiler] was summoned rather than Angry Manju. Obviously, without the Greater Grail, HGWs 4 and 5 never happened, but the Nazis leaked intel like a sieve, so information from the Fuyuki HGW got out and numerous lesser HGWs popped up in various places. As a result, some personal histories that could never have happened without the Fuyuki Grail Wars still did (as mentioned above regarding Waver) though in a different manner.

Strange Fake, Zero, and Case Files all happen at various timeframes in settings that are functionally identical (or at least "close enough") to the prime Stay Night setting. It can be assumed that HGWs 3, 4, and (for Strange Fake) 5 happened pretty much how they did in FSN, give or take a route or a battle here or there.

Prototype is set in a completely different continuity with few similarities other than the standard "summoning Servants" shtick, as, most likely, is Prisma Illya, though the latter may have been pretty close to FSN up until HGW4.

Did I get that (mostly) right?
    Last edited by quigonkenny; October 12th, 2016 at 04:12 AM.