Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    パパパ・パネェ☆

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    isn't that the usual locale problem? did you change the locale to Japanese?
    Oh I didn't. So it's just locale problem? Thank you, I'll change it now

JP Friend Code
    577,587,785/RRahkshi
    So I was reading the "Martha" side story and I think I came across a few typos. They're all after the passenger pigeon story if that helps.

Spoiler:

Shouldn't this be "She scratched her head and grumbled as if it wasn't any of her business"?

Spoiler:

Possibly two things here. Obviously the two "that"s. Secondly, should the first bit read "That he simply never had any intention of..." ?

Spoiler:

Should this be "...but he felt an irritated stare burning a hole into his back and calmly opened the refrigerator instead" ?

Spoiler:

This might not be one, was just wondering if it should say mayday rather than maday.

Spoiler:

Easy one to miss, and honestly not sure how to phrase it better than "the fact that he didn't immediately follow up by asking what an angel was was proof that his studies were having an impact."

Incidentally I'll take this opportunity to thank you again Mcjon, I enjoyed this chapter greatly.
    Spoiler:
    (All credit on Aron Headbutt on Youtube)

Blog Entries
    Thanks! Typos fixed. Technically stuff like "that that" and "was was" is (can be?) perfectly grammatical, but I was thinking of rephrasing that first one anyway, so I did.
    And Kumari's thing there is that Soujuurou's problems aren't any of her concern but she's complaining like they are, so the was was intentional.

JP Friend Code
    577,587,785/RRahkshi
    Ah okay, with Kumari I can understand that that was the case (sorry that was too forced)

Glad to help!
    Spoiler:
    (All credit on Aron Headbutt on Youtube)

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rygah View Post
    Shouldn't this be "She scratched her head and grumbled as if it wasn't any of her business"?
    actually "weren't" is preferred

pedantic master race checking out
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Grammar is what feels good to me
    Were is kimoi

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    What was the soundtrack that played in The very important Conversation?

--

Oh... Just when I was getting into the conversation about dry leaves and roasted squids... Guess I'll wait some more then.
    Ganbaru, McJon-sensei!
    Last edited by TomPen94; February 27th, 2017 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Obligatory Thank you message to Mcjon
    burn your dread you coward

金の魔法使い The Golden Sorcerer Condmaker's Avatar
    thanks for the chapter dad
    HAVE YOU BEEN INTO THE 11TH REALM?

Blog Entries
    Just wanted to say thanks for me and Bridge for translating up to chapter 7 Mcjon.

Finally got me to catch up and it's a pretty good funny face simulator VN.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    I've read the first 5 chapters, but i am not sure if I want to do by the chapter thing considering the intervals between releases and my memory span. I like what I've read so far quite a lot, both thanks to the quality of the translation and Nasu's growth as a writer (less so in Fate/Extra CCC, imho) both in dialogues and characterization.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    The finale of the 5th chapter also kinda feels like the end of its own little arc so that also works out.
    burn your dread you coward

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Spoiler:

Found a typo? Probably?

Well, here's a problem nobody seems to have encountered before. But first of all, I'd like to say that I'm very grateful to be able to enjoy Mahoyo thanks to the hard work of TYPE-MOON and Mcjon01. It wouldn't really feel right for me if I didn't point that out first before pretty much barging in here and throwing myself at your feet asking for help.

I bought the game and installed it with the appropriate patches to make it work in english on Windows 10. The disc check caught me of guard a bit, but I just followed Mcjon01's instructions on how to use the Support tool to verify the visual novel by typing in the serial number and was good to go. I assumed that was the last disc check I had to go through so I was rather surprised when the game started pestering me about it again last night.

At first, I didn't think much of it. I guessed it was some sort of routine check-up. But when I typed in the serial number again the visual novel appears to reject it. Here's what I get when I press Ok after typing the serial number:

Spoiler:

I blotted out the serial number with my Paint skillz. This screen goes away on its own very quickly to give way to this:

Spoiler:

Pressing the button on the left sends me right back to another disc check with the same results every time. I've tried reinstalling the game but it didn't work. I then tried to change all kinds of languages and settings to japanese but that was no good either. I even tried installing it in the default directories rather than the files I'd created to hold the visual novel to see if that would somehow solve the problem. But I got nothing.

Right now I just want to know what the Support tool is trying to tell me on these screens.

Don't know JP but I Google translated it from my phone, the app is handy for things that are not easily copied and pasted like this.

First dialog window says, "Serial code: xxxxx \ Connecting to compatible server...". The button says "Cancel".

Second dialog window says, "Key code recording was completed. When you press the button below, close the tool and start 'Witch on the Holy Night'". The button on the left says "Launch Witch on the Holy Night", the button on the right says "End".

I guess in the worst case, you could just leave your disc in the drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleron View Post
    Don't know JP but I Google translated it from my phone, the app is handy for things that are not easily copied and pasted like this.

First dialog window says, "Serial code: xxxxx \ Connecting to compatible server...". The button says "Cancel".

Second dialog window says, "Key code recording was completed. When you press the button below, close the tool and start 'Witch on the Holy Night'". The button on the left says "Launch Witch on the Holy Night", the button on the right says "End".

I guess in the worst case, you could just leave your disc in the drive?
    Thanks a bunch for the translation, but those messages just make me more confused. Like I said, pressing the launch button in the second window restarts the game but also starts up another disc check as if I haven't just gone through one already. Maybe that could've made some sort of sense if I'd previously taken out the CD...

...but I've let the disc stay in the drive all the way through the process everytime.

What I also don't understand is why the Support tool acts differently compared to the first time it requested the serial number. My memory may be a bit fuzzy but I'm pretty sure that it just accepted the serial number without any questions about launching or ending the process.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I wish I could help but I'm not really an expert on the technical side of things. I can only help with stuff I had to figure out myself and I've never run into that problem. Sorry. My only guess would be setting your system locale to Japanese before using the support tool, but you said you already tried that so I honestly have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Yeah, I wish I could help but I'm not really an expert on the technical side of things. I can only help with stuff I had to figure out myself and I've never run into that problem. Sorry. My only guess would be setting your system locale to Japanese before using the support tool, but you said you already tried that so I honestly have no idea.
    That saddens me to hear.

I'm gonna try getting it to work on my laptop instead, but I am not overly optimistic. If the problem is somehow connected to the serial number or maybe even the copy of the novel itself, it stands to reason that it should carry over from my stationary. Might be my best chance now.

I'm guessing you can't really bring to mind anyone or anyplace that MIGHT be able to help with this?

lol nevermind it works on my laptop

Not sure why it came to this in the first place. I kinda feel like trying to get it to work on the stationary again, but I can't really be bothered right now. I'm a bit paranoid about the same problem cropping up on the laptop too, but there isn't much I can do about it.

Thanks for the help.

Well, I encountered the same problem on my laptop just now, but I overcame it. It just sort of worked when I tried running the novel in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3) just for the hell of it and going through the same routine as every other time. There were no repeat disc checks this time after inputting the serial number and letting the novel record the key. The game starts correctly afterwards. Revert the compatibility mode (to Windows 7 in my case) and the game still works.

Still no clue why I am the only one who seems to have had this problem.