Page 50 of 131 FirstFirst ... 404548495051525560100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2614

Thread: That Ever Illusive Utopia

Blog Entries
    LOL, well, I do have an idea for it.

Also, for those interested in my publishing work I'm posting the first draft of my novel here: http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...Chronicles-%29

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Inugami's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RR121 View Post
    So...basically the entire world is Unlimited Blade Works? :P
    UBW is somewhat steampunk, yes.

Archer's version more so, what with all of the smoke, the sky red like heated metal, and the many interspersed gear-wheels being a little more noticeable than Shirou's single and orderly clockwork column of gear-cylinders.

Hmm...

How is Waver Velvet taking Gilgamesh's appearance onto the public stage? Or for that matter, has Gilgamesh done/said anything to Waver post 5th Grail War?

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garlak View Post
    Hmm...

How is Waver Velvet taking Gilgamesh's appearance onto the public stage? Or for that matter, has Gilgamesh done/said anything to Waver post 5th Grail War?
    "It seems you manned up, mongrel. Come, you've become worthy of being my concubine. I, in all my glory, have chosen to make it so."
    "I'd rather not"
    "nyoron~~"

Blog Entries
    Chapter Ten

Battles of Attrition

As soon as the words left his lips, Archer was in motion. He was on a fool’s errand and he already miscalculated the battle. It was an error that could cost him everything, but he had to push on. Prana was already flowing through muscular limbs, strengthening them and pushing them far past normal human limits. The distance was quickly crossed and narrowed eyes went to calculate weaknesses.

No armor.

He’s made no move to attack.

Finish this before he can get started.

Archer was vaguely aware of green eyes looking up at him as Gilgamesh jumped back from the first swing of Kansho. However white Bakyua was already closing in, swinging low where Kansho had swung high. Gilgamesh nimbly rolled to the side, his crimson eyes narrowed as the suit he was wearing revealed a split of dark grey silk underneath.

“You ruined my suit,” Gilgamesh said with a sneer as he began to unbutton the jacket.

Saber had lifted herself to a kneeling position, her eyes startlingly wide in her face. The Broken Phantasm that had been fired dissolved into nothing but golden shimmers upon the dead grass. It would have been child’s play to have hit Gilgamesh, but Archer didn’t want to risk Saber in the process. The force of the explosion would have easily killed her too.

I want his head.

Archer gritted his teeth as he readied the next set of the beloved swords in his mind before flicking his left wrist. The white blade gleamed in the moonlight as it spun furiously towards Gilgamesh. The blond snapped his fingers as the hellish red miasma rippled before him as hundreds of blades appeared behind his shoulders. With a roar, Bakyua was parried by Garm, the real blade pinning the traced one to the ground.

Gilgamesh threw back his head and laughed before Archer launched another Bakyua at him again. The other man rolled away, but the white blade started to come spinning back to Archer’s hand just to be close to its twin again. “Bastard!” Gilgamesh roared before Archer lifted his hand as the handle returned to his palm.

“I can keep this up all night,” Archer said as he straightened to his full height.

A smile graced Gilgamesh’s lips as his eyes gleamed with a wild light. More and more ancient weapons appeared in the Gate behind the King of Heroes. “Someone who will stand up against me?” Gilgamesh said as all traces of his previous rage faded into delight. Or delirium.

Archer gritted his teeth as heat lanced through his body as he opened and flooded all of his circuits with prana. The smell of forge smoke was heavy in his nostrils as he whispered, “I am the bone of my sword.” Hundreds upon hundreds of blades were available, each one with a different purpose and wielded by someone great once upon a time. Now they were fakes, diminished slightly in his hands, but, unlike the boastful king, Archer knew their worth.

He could open his own reality and crush Gilgamesh.

Archer wanted to smile as he delivered the killing blow.

Gram. Durandal. Dainslief. Harpe. Hrunting. Dyrnwyn. Tyrfling. Tizona.

He knew them all, he knew what each one of them was capable of and how he could push and increase those limits. Imagined blades matched the king’s treasure, one by one. Sweat poured down his body as he pulled sword after sword into this reality from his own. Copy upon copy at his beck and call.

Gilgamesh’s eyes narrowed as his smile twisted into a sneer. “Faker.” The word was almost a whisper, so low if Archer wasn’t as reinforced as he was he wouldn’t have caught it. Wide emerald eyes watched the battle of attrition. In the distance, Archer could hear gears grinding.

“Someone would be bound to hear this battle,” Saber called out, her voice trembling slightly. Her skin was paler than the white T-shirt she was wearing save for the high spots of color staining her cheeks.

Archer inwardly swore. The park was all but abandoned, but the fact that no one was running to watch was something else all together. Archer eyed Gilgamesh and said, “She’s right. It wouldn’t look too favorable if the CEO of Golden Rule was caught trying to rape an underage girl, would it?”

Gilgamesh laughed and said, “You’re Fuyuki’s Protector, aren’t you? I’ve heard of you. I knew you had to be one of the Servants who survived.”

“I’m surprised you’re standing here, King of Heroes,” Archer replied as he forced a calm
    smirk on his lips. His heart was pounding like a drum and his whole body was strumming on its adrenaline high.

Gilgamesh canted his head and said, “Oh, so you know of my true identity then?”

“There’s very little I don’t know,” Archer said.

Then, at that, the Gate of Babylon vanished into the night. Gilgamesh reached down to pick up his discarded suit jacket. Crimson eyes met Archer’s as the king calmly walked past. “You owe me for my clothing, Faker,” he said. Archer almost flinched at how the insult “Faker” was stretched out to almost a lyrical purr.

Archer replied, “This isn’t over.”

“Of course, I didn’t say it was,” Gilgamesh said with a smile before fading in the tree line.

Archer stood there, his nerves screaming as he waited. Silence stretched out long and uncomfortably for countless moments. Reinforced eyes scanned the skeletal trees to find that Gilgamesh had long gone. Archer took a deep breath as he let go of every weapon he was forcing into existence. There was a loud snap and the swords burst into golden shimmers as his body waved with the exertion.

“He shouldn’t be here,” Saber said in a soft voice as she slowly rose to her feet.

Archer turned towards her, his eyes raking over her form. Small, trembling hands brushed off bits of grass and twigs from her simple T-shirt and jeans. Locks of golden blond hair had fallen free of its high tail, framing her face. He said, “What the hell do you think you’re doing?”

“Getting ready to return home,” Saber asked, her eyes lowered away from his. He watched as she bent down to pick up a duffel bag and sling it over her shoulder. She started to walk away from him, but he moved in front of her.

Saber frowned and said, “Archer, please let me return home.”

“No, what the hell was going on?” Archer snapped, his voice rising as heat rushed through his veins as his blood roared through his ears.

It was something he’d never thought he would have seen. Something he couldn’t have comprehended in over a thousand years and his service to Humanity. Yet it was happening like some nightmare.

Saber looked so small pinned to the ground like she was. Archer could see the tears gleaming in her eyes as her small hands pushed fruitlessly against her attacker. Gilgamesh held her down with ease as his legs started to force hers apart.

Archer couldn’t breathe as his vision filled with red. Reason was shattered at the sight. Saber was shouting the same word over and over again, her shrill voice blocking Archer’s ears to Gilgamesh’s taunts. Those cries formed the bow and arrow in his hands and fired it before he realized what he was doing.

Saber bit her lips as her eyes welled again. She briskly rubbed against them and said, “Please do not remind me of . . .”

“So you can let it happen again?” Archer snapped as she began to move away from him.

Saber looked up at him, the whites of her eyes stained with red. Tears spilled down her face as she cried out, “Do you not understand what you’ve done? He’ll come after you now as well, and Sakura and Shirou . . . If you had not interfered . . .”

Archer narrowed his eyes and grabbed her by the shoulders. She gasped as he jerked her close and bent to her eyelevel. He looked unflinchingly into those anguished emerald eyes and said, “Had I not interfered he would have raped you, Saber. He wouldn’t have stopped . . .”

Archer’s face fell at the mental image of Saber’s battered form lying on the ground. Clothing would have been torn without regard and her eyes would have been emptily looking up at the sky as her body leaked blood and thicker fluids, painful reminders of the forced coupling. Archer bowed his head as he gripped her shoulders and said, “He wouldn’t have stopped until you were bleeding and broken.”

“If Sakura could have borne the suffering she had, then I could have taken that,” Saber said in a wooden voice.

Archer lifted his eyes up to Saber’s hardened expression as she glared at him. “Well, I apologize for keeping you from getting raped,” Archer said as he let her go, shoving her back ever so slightly.

Saber stumbled for half an instant before righting herself with her normal grace. The duffle bag was being gripped with white, trembling knuckles as Archer stared at it. “I did not ask for your aid,” Saber said with gritted teeth as her eyes flashed at him, “I did not now, nor I did so then. Yet you still forced yourself into situations that you have no understanding!”

Archer stared at her and snapped, “I’ve got more goddamned understanding than you think I do.”

“You’re so . . . infuriating, thinking you know what’s best for others!” Saber all but shouted at him.

He glared down at her and retorted, “Well, it’s not my fault that I’m constantly surrounded by self-sacrificing idiots, is it?”

“When you’re a self-sacrificing idiot yourself?” Saber said with a hiss. Her eyes narrowed before she continued, “You knew you had no chance against Assassin, the Shadow, and myself. You could have ran away with Rin and survived, but you did not. You threw yourself into a battle you knew you would have lost, and for what reason? To save two people you were not responsible for.”

Tears were now streaming down Saber’s face as she stared up at him. Her lips were trembling and her voice caught on a sob. “I know you’re a true hero Archer, but you need not throw it into my face at every turn.”

Archer stared at her for a long moment as she looked up at him, still crying. Her words and tears stabbed through him more painfully than any of Gilgamesh’s swords could have. He stared at her and whispered, “Saber . . .”

“Don’t try to deny it!” she screamed at him as her shoulders quivered with her sobs, “You deserve this second chance, I do not! You had succeeded where I had failed . . .”

Archer stepped towards her and wrapped his arms around her. Saber’s slight form stilled for a moment before she pressed her face into his chest, loud sobs wracking her entire body. He bent forward, completely surrounding her as he held her. The duffle bag tumbled to the ground as small hands gripped him like a life line.

“I failed them all, Archer, I failed them,” she whispered over and over between her sobs.

Archer tightened his arms around her and said, “We were both wrong.”

And they stood there, for the longest time. Archer held his former Servant in his arms as all of her regrets, pain, and anguished tumbled out of her.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Gil purring Faker, is that some homo-lust I detect?
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

Blog Entries
    Man, thinking that it would be better if she got raped has to be a new low for Saber, and she was just getting "better" too.

But then again, things can only go up from here. ...Right?

US Friend Code
    amazing, so amazing this was so worth waiting for awesome job I give it a 5 out of 5. Go Emiya kick gilgamesh's ass. I can hardly wait until you update I am going to guess that is will take a few weeks.

JP Friend Code
    And once more, Gil is gar for Archer.

Awesome chapter as always, Elf.
    Support list (it's a big one lol)
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Great chapter. I see our talk helped a bit!
    Best thing he can do is just listen for now. Long road ahead for a mountain of problems.

And uh oh, Gil's got his sights locked.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar
    The more I read the more I think Defeat means Friendship for Gil it does have historical bases. Rather unfortunately the ones capable have to go for fatalities oh well. nice. Work. Now Archer face you Triple assualt.

Can you face all the pressure gil can put on while ending Saber heart you broken idealist who scorns sacrifice what shall you do? Look out next time on The Ever Illusive Utopia.
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

Excellent chapter.

I had kinda been hoping for an outright battle, but I can't have everything, eh?

Besides, that'd probably end in Gil dying too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satehi
    [18:56] <Satehi> I will never leave Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Lianru
    [12:28:01] <Lian|work> I'm not a shotacon!

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt -- Abraham Lincoln

Join Mafia 5 - A great game for losing friends and making enemies!

The more I read the more I think Defeat means Friendship for Gil it does have historical bases. Rather unfortunately the ones capable have to go for fatalities oh well. nice. Work. Now Archer face you Triple assualt.
    Defeat means Friendship doesn't mean: "You're mine, woman. You took up a whore's job when you should've been serving me. So because you're a whore right now there's no problem for me to violate you right here, right now.". Of course, Saber could break herself free with Prana Burst, but Elf decided otherwise.
    Can you face all the pressure gil can put on while ending Saber heart you broken idealist who scorns sacrifice what shall you do? Look out next time on The Ever Illusive Utopia.
    .c. <(Wat?)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    Defeat means Friendship doesn't mean: "You're mine, woman. You took up a whore's job when you should've been serving me. So because you're a whore right now there's no problem for me to violate you right here, right now.". Of course, Saber could break herself free with Prana Burst, but Elf decided otherwise.
    Didn't Saber decide not to, in order to protect Sakura and Shirou? And, yeah, Gil is a dick. Is this something you didn't already know?

Anyway, good chapter, Elf. Perhaps too little of Gil getting torn into a million tiny pieces but, then, if you did that, you wouldn't have a villain any more....

Didn't Saber decide not to, in order to protect Sakura and Shirou?
    But right now she's protecting herself, not Shirou and Sakura.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    But right now she's protecting herself, not Shirou and Sakura.
    Well, she can hardly chase after Gil shouting "rape me, please", can she...?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Well, she can hardly chase after Gil shouting "rape me, please", can she...?
    Yeah, but pushing him off and running away using Prana Burst wouldn't be much of a problem.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, but pushing him off and running away using Prana Burst wouldn't be much of a problem.
    Perhaps, but she didn't want to do that, because if she fought back she was putting Shirou and Sakura in danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Perhaps, but she didn't want to do that, because if she fought back she was putting Shirou and Sakura in danger.
    She did that because Elf wanted to give Archer a big goddamn hero moment. There is nothing in the text saying that she wanted to protect someone by yielding.

Edit: God damnit I just read that and I facepalmed.
    Last edited by Keyne; August 25th, 2011 at 05:29 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Edit: God damnit I just read that and I facepalmed.
    Eh, what?