Page 250 of 302 FirstFirst ... 150200240245248249250251252255260300 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,000 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

祖 Ancestor
    +1 to Fight/Knight by Tobias
    +1 to the never going to be finished Ever Distant Utopia by Elf

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Shirou curses every now and then. At least in the English translation. Bullshit, fuck, etc.
    First one there has completely slipped from my memory then. I think I remember damn, but don't know.

But I'm pretty sure he doesn't swear casually. When he does shit has not only hit the fan, a septic tank has burst clean open and you are now neck deep in shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    First one there has completely slipped from my memory then. I think I remember damn, but don't know.

But I'm pretty sure he doesn't swear casually. When he does shit has not only hit the fan, a septic tank has burst clean open and you are now neck deep in shit.
    I only remember him really swearing with the "fuck that" towards not following through with saving Sakura at the end of Heaven's Feel, and IIRC someone said that was a mistranslation. I do remember at "shit!" or two in Fate, but that's really about it.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    Im giving Broken Steel a -1 I think it would have worked better if it was longer and had more depth

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Shirou curses every now and then. At least in the English translation. Bullshit, fuck, etc.
    I noticed he cursed a lot more in HF than in the other routes.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Japanese doesn't have any actual curses, does it?
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    HF had more swearing so that people would truly understand that it's meant to be fuckin' edgy as fuck. Fuck.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    IIRC, the things that end up being translated as curses are more often just rude ways of saying "you".
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    It has idiot. I think it has retard.

And then just varying levels of unpoliteness.

Take it away, people who actually know Japanese!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    It has idiot. I think it has retard.

And then just varying levels of unpoliteness.

Take it away, people who actually know Japanese!
    AFAIK, there are insults that don't have the same connotations as curses in other languages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Now that I've actually read it, and because Christemo is a dumbotron OP who cannot deliver, I'd like to make a recommendation for Fragile Thing:

After suffering tragedy, Tohno Shiki has rejected his name and accepted his violent nature. Now Nanaya Shiki, an assassin-for-hire, he lives up to his growing reputation as the Satsujinki. But karma catches up to him, and with the aid of an alchemist - among other shady figures, he must go down a bloody path of no return to rescue one of the few people in his life that he cares for.

The story's prose is brutally visceral, emotionally blunt and raw. Darkly fascinating and uncomfortably human in the way that only front row seats in the mind of a murderously unrepentant psychopath can be. Fragile Thing's actual story has only really just begun, but it can carry itself through technical merit and atmosphere alone. The use of underutilized characters in fanwork such as Sion and would-be Tsuki II characters also helps it in its atypical story.

curtis mancannon, if you're reading this - we can't get more fast enough.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; April 20th, 2014 at 07:41 PM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Now that I've actually read it, and because Christemo is a dumbotron OP who cannot deliver, I'd like to make a recommendation for Fragile Thing:

After suffering tragedy, Tohno Shiki has rejected his name and accepted his violent nature. Now Nanaya Shiki, an assassin-for-hire, he lives up to his growing reputation as the Satsujinki. But karma catches up to him, and with the aid of an alchemist - among other shady figures, he must go down a bloody path of no return to rescue one of the few people in his life that he cares for.

The story's prose is brutally visceral, emotionally blunt and raw. Darkly fascinating and uncomfortably human in the way that only front row seats in the mind of murderously unrepentant psychopath can be. Fragile Thing's actual story has only really just begun, but it can carry itself through technical merit and atmosphere alone. The use of underutilized characters in fanwork such as Sion and would-be Tsuki II characters also helps it in its atypical story.

curtis, if you're reading this - we can't get more fast enough.
    When Irun writes a rec, he really writes a rec.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I honestly don't recall if I've +1'd Fragile Thing already. I think I have.

But in case I haven't: +1 to Fragile Thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    I honestly don't recall if I've +1'd Fragile Thing already. I think I have.

But in case I haven't: +1 to Fragile Thing.

You wouldn't have because it hadn't been recommended yet. Just upvoted without even a required synopsis because

Christemo is a dumbotron
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    +1 to Fragile Thing and Role Revert

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    There are things that can be translated as "damn" and "bastard" and "shit" and the like, but it isn't the actual word that's considered rude, it's the style of speaking. People will be about as scandalized by Ryougi talking like a man as they would be people saying "Shit!"

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tsukihime: Realistic
    A piece of provocative fiction our intrepid author herein presents, with the intent outright stated to be the intimate enhancement of Tsukihime in a fashion approximating reality with far more veracity than the pungent prose of Nasu. Accompany yourselves with a realistic and masculine Shiki who assimilates his sublunary desires and knowledge in clear harmony with those realistic, masculine obligations of our own world. Unfathomably distinguished in juxtaposition to the ephemeral predecessor and autochthonous work by Nasu and his unworkably quixotic appeal to readers.

+1, I say.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Banned
    Blog Entries

The story's prose is brutally visceral, emotionally blunt and raw. Darkly fascinating and uncomfortably human in the way that only front row seats in the mind of a murderously unrepentant psychopath can be. Fragile Thing's actual story has only really just begun, but it can carry itself through technical merit and atmosphere alone. The use of underutilized characters in fanwork such as Sion and would-be Tsuki II characters also helps it in its atypical story.

curtis mancannon, if you're reading this - we can't get more fast enough.
    You hurt my feelings IRUN. Come play Cards with us again ;_;

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless, +1 to Fragile thing

Tiger Dojo Can't Stop Won't Stop Nephirin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Tsukihime: Realistic
    A piece of provocative fiction our intrepid author herein presents, with the intent outright stated to be the intimate enhancement of Tsukihime in a fashion approximating reality with far more veracity than the pungent prose of Nasu. Accompany yourselves with a realistic and masculine Shiki who assimilates his sublunary desires and knowledge in clear harmony with those realistic, masculine obligations of our own world. Unfathomably distinguished in juxtaposition to the ephemeral predecessor and autochthonous work by Nasu and his unworkably quixotic appeal to readers.

+1, I say.
    This is the crackiest crack I ever did crack. How do you even get the idea to write something like this?

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Realistic Tsukihime is funny, but I feel it lacks the spark that truly makes it good. I need to watch more Darkplace before being able to give it a +1.

For now, +0. A neutral, from me.