Page 626 of 858 FirstFirst ... 126526576616621624625626627628631636676726 ... LastLast
Results 12,501 to 12,520 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Everyday it’s a battle of integrity and honor to not stoop to genderbending
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    Attributes

Appearance

Class: Ruler
    True Name: Nikolai Aleksandrovich Romanov
    Aliases: Nicholas II, Bloody Nicholas, Nicky
    Source: Historical fact
    Region: Russia
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Height: 190 cm
    Weight: 87 kg
    Parameters
    Strength: D
    Constitution: B
    Agility: C
    Magical Energy: A
    Luck: D
    Noble Phantasm: C
    Skills and Noble Phantasm
    Class Skills
    God's Resolution: A
    A Class Skill of the Ruler class, and the privilege of the Ruler presiding over the Holy Grail War; the right to use Command Spells against Servants, only given to Rulers. Two Command Spells can be used for each Servant participating in the Holy Grail War. Cannot re-purpose the Command Spells of others.

True Name Discernment: B+
    Class Skill of the Ruler class where status information such as one's identity, Skills and Parameters are automatically revealed to the owner of this Skill when directly encountering a Servant. During a direct encounter, a Servant's true name and entire status information will be automatically revealed. In regards to Servants with concealment abilities, a Luck Check is required to bypass those abilities. A plus-correction is applied due to the nature of one Nicholas' contracted spirit.

Magic Resistance
    : A
    Protection against magical effects. Cancel spells of A-Rank or below, no matter what High-Thaumaturgy it is. Nicholas possesses an unusually high rank of Magic Resistance due to his strong faith. However, when faced with the Church's sacraments, or sorceries founded on the Church's mysteries, it is possible that Magic Resistance will not function to its fullest extent.

Contract with Samovilas
    : B
    A Class Skill signifying the formation of a contract with a spirit of Slavic legend. Although the Romanovs were known to be Shamans (spirit-users), Nicholas did not awaken as the family's magical successor and inherit its familiar. Instead, the Sirin currently bonded to him established the pact moments before his death.
    Personal Skills
    Imperial Privilege: A
    An ability that, due to the insistence of the owner, Skills that are essentially impossible to possess can be obtained for a short period of time. For Nicholas, the relevant Skills are statecraft, jurisprudence, Riding, spirit-channeling techniques, among others.

Soul of a Martyr
    : C
    A mental protection that negates mental interference. Nicholas, who possesses a strong faith, is revered as a martyr who accepted even execution with extreme humility.

Instruction from on High
    : A
    A Skill that allows one to acquire information, including those regarding future events. It differs from Revelation in that the former is "a vision sent by God", whereas Instruction from on High is "receiving information from one of God's messengers". Therefore, it is possible to receive information on things like strategy, thaumaturgical techniques, etc.
    Noble Phantasm
    Sumerki Kremlin
    Afterglow, Abominable Fortress of Blood

Type: Fortress Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1-99
    Maximum targets: 11 people and 1 animal
    A reproduction of the fortresses (kremlin, or kreml) that are scattered all over Russia. Having inherited the blood of emperors (Tsars), Nicholas can summon an extremely solid and magnificent fortress, employing it to defend himself. Furthermore, only those chosen by Nicholas can enter this castle. The entire fortress will swoop down on those not chosen.

Sirin Sirin
    Sing, Otherworldly Bird of Paradise

Type: Spirit Noble Phantasm
    Range: 1-25
    Maximum targets: 50 people
    Unnleashing the full capacity of the Sirin, the "bird of happiness that resides in Paradise" that formed a contract with Nicholas. Its magic voice becalms all combatants, bestowing severe demerits towards attack damage and forbidding the use of weapons and Noble Phantasms, and dispels debuffs among the allied camp.
    Background
    Personality
    At first glance, a cold man. He has a detached, formal way of speaking, and will not turn his gaze away from the person he is speaking to, no matter what. However, if one were to spend enough time with him, one would discover warmth, loyalty, piety, and maybe a few other things. Truly, an archetypal
    kuudere
    man of the tundra

Nicholas also shows a great desire for self-improvement. Having learnt harshly from the lessons of the past, it seems he has sworn an oath to perform his duties as best he can using the materials at hand. He also demonstrates great care for his contracted spirit, addressing it in familiar terms.
    Motivation/Attitude towards the Master
    Being a Ruler, Nicholas holds no desire to achieve the Holy Grail. For him, simply being granted the chance to prove himself as an adjudicator is enough. With regard to the Master, Nicholas will do his best to establish cordial relations, but his strong faith means that he will not condone any sort of wrongdoing.
    Speech example
    "Felicitations, Master. Ruler, Nikolai Aleksandrevich Romanov, has been summoned. It is by the grace of God that I stand before you. Ah, but where are my manners? This here is my partner, the bird of paradise Sirin."
    "I understand that my daughter has caused you quite a bit of trouble awhile back. I profusely apologize for her misbehavior."
    "Things that I like? This may appear unseemly, but I greatly enjoy commoner's fare. Something about the humbleness of the meal makes it all the more delicious for me."
    "The enemies of the tsar have been neutralized. Excellent work, my Master."
    Historical depiction
    The last
    tsar
    emperor
    of Russia. Born to Emperor Alexander III of Russia, he led a comfortable life as the heir to the throne. His father had planned to leave him uneducated in the art of statecraft until the age of thirty, but it was not to be. Alexander III suddenly died when Nicholas was twenty-six, leaving one of the largest empires in Europe in the hands of a pure novice.

From that day onward, Nicholas prominently displayed two sides to his personality. His piety, steadfastness, and excellence of character is readily demonstrated by the numerous letters he wrote to his children and his relatives. On the other hand, he showed a clear incompetence in handling matters of state, brutally repressing all manner of rebellions and earning the moniker "Bloody Nicholas" among his enemies. His mismanagement of the empire eventually led to a revolution aimed at abolishing the Russian Empire and overthrowing the Emperor.

Nicholas, along with the rest of his family and a handful of staff, was executed by Communist insurgents on the night of July 16, 1918. For his courage and humility in death, he was canonized by the Russian Orthodox Church as a "passion-bearer", or a martyr who exemplified Christ's virtues, even in the face of death.
    General armament
    Nicholas mainly fights using
    Shamanism
    spirit-channeling techniques
    to command the Sirin. He also wields a sword and a revolver.
    Connection with other characters
    Anastasia Nikolaevna Romanova
    Beloved daughter. Although no small amount of tears will be shed during their reunion, a harsh scolding will probably be in store for the little girl and her pranks.

Ivan Grozny (Yaga)
    Esteemed predecessor. Nicholas respects him, and daily prays for the soul of the beast king who cast off his humanity for the sake of his kingdom.

King Solomon
    Role model. The anecdotes demonstrating Solomon's God-given wisdom inspire Nicholas, even until the present.

Author's notes
    Inspired by a picture of Nioh!Nobunaga and his birb, and spurred to completion by the centenary of the Romanov executions. The first NP was copypasta'd straight from Nastya's profile because duh, ofc Nicholas would have that NP too.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post
    lol did i stutter

even more inconvenient truths: genderbends are the original sin
    turn their weapons against them, turn a woman into a muscular hot guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'd actually enjoy seeing that. No homo, tho

Blog Entries
    Assassin of the Labyrinth
    Class: Assassin
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Title: Prince of Athens/Theseus Lily
    True Name: Theseus
    Origin: Greek Mythology
    Armament: Shortsword and Ariadne’s Thread

Parameters
    Strength: C
    Endurance: D
    Agility: C
    Mana: B
    Luck: C
    Noble Phantasm: C

Class Skills
    Presence Concealment: E
    A skill that allows the erasure of one’s presence. Theseus is a warrior by nature and used to more upfront confrontations than the fight he had against the Minotaur, resulting in a weak version of this skill.

Independent Action: C
    Normally, a skill reserved for the Archer class, Theseus is a prince and future king of Athens in this iteration and will not bow to any Master should he not want to. Or if Ariadne is summoned and he wants to run away.

Personal Skills
    Divinity: D
    The son of Poseidon as well as the son of Aegeus, king of Athens, a mix of human and god unlike many others, making his divinity weaker than most demigod heroes.

Blessing of the Maiden: A
    The princess of Crete, Ariadne, fell in love with the young Athenian on sight with no knowledge of his true identity. With her help, Theseus was able to learn the weaknesses of both the Labyrinth and the Minotaur, allowing him to kill the monster. Even in this modern age, Theseus hears Ariadne whispering lovingly into his ear, telling him his enemies weaknesses. It's really creepy.

Black Sails: B
    Upon his return to Athens, Theseus failed to change the black sails of his ship to white, which would have told his father he survived the trial of the Labyrinth. Believing his son had died, King Aegeus threw himself from the cliffs of Athens into the sea, named the Aegean Sea in his honor. Now, Theseus wears this sail upon his back in mourning and a symbol of his folly. The sight of it causes opponents to feel overwhelming grief.

Oathbreaker: C
    Theseus, in exchange for her help in defeating the Minotaur and surviving the Labyrinth, promised to marry Ariadne. Clearly, this did not happen. This broken promise symbolizes a moment of betrayal from Theseus that lingers into his servant form. It acts as a pseudo-Magical Resistance to symbolize his denial of the witch princess.

Noble Phantasm
    A Dangerous Clue
    Minotaurus Fratricide
    Type: Anti-Unit

The magical thread Ariadne gifted to Theseus to guide him through the Labyrinth, also known as a clew. Without it, Theseus would have surely perished within the Labyrinth either at the hands of her brother, the Minotaur, or starvation and fatigue from being lost within the maze. Without it, her brother may have lived. Thusly, the clew can be seen as the weapon that killed the Minotaur and acts as such in this form.

Appearing as a simple string bracelet, when its True Name is called, the bracelet will send out threads to wrap around the target, constricting them. The voice of Ariadne will whisper into their ear sweet nothings of sisterly love and compassion as their body crushed by the strings. It is extremely effective against more monstrous foes.

Appearance
    A handsome youth with dark hair and eyes the color of the sea. A tattered black cloak wraps around him, forming a heavy cowl over his head. A simple string bracelet hangs around his wrist and a short sword hangs on the belt around his waist. Alongside his sword hangs the bloodstained horn of the minotaur.

Personality
    This iteration of Theseus is much more subdued and solemn than any other, still plagued by the grief of his father’s death and taking little happiness in killing the Minotaur. He does not regret slaying the monster, only that such a monster existed in the first place, living only to suffer. To put it simply, this Theseus is in a bit of an emo phase, prone to monologues about life and death in a fashion that makes an old playwright smile. But there is nothing to smile at. The boy has lost the father he had journeyed through many hardships to meet all through his own fault. His world is black. He has his pride as a prince, but still doubts himself and whether he is worthy of such a feeling.

Lore
    This iteration of the hero Theseus comes from the legend of the Minotaur and his slaying of the monster, the somber returning prince rather than the proud king. He journeyed to Crete to try and stop the monster from devouring the fourteen children sent each year by slaying the beast. Though his son was a mighty warrior, King Aegeus worried he would not be able to stand against such a creature. Nevertheless, Theseus set out and promised to return, promising he would raise white sails on the ship as they entered the harbor to signal his victory.
    With that, Theseus sailed with the other thirteen children and hid amongst them, not wanting to reveal his true identity.

Upon arrival in Crete, Theseus and the children was greeted by King Minos and his daughter, Ariadne. With a single glance, the Cretan princess was charmed, falling head over heels in love with the secret Athenian prince. She confronted him later to make her feelings known and Theseus saw his advantage. He told the princess of his plan to kill the Minotaur and asked for her help. Ariadne was hesitant at first, but with some egging, she agreed to help him.

The next day, as the children were being sent to the Labyrinth, Ariadne was able to slip Theseus a ball of string, telling him it was enchanted and that all he need do is unravel and he would reach the beast to slay it. And so he did.

With the Minotaur now dead, Theseus escaped Crete with the other thirteen Athenian children and Ariadne in tow. As they sailed away, the princess made clear her intentions to marry him. This would've been a fine idea had Theseus loved her. In truth, Theseus cared very little for the princess, unable to disconnect her from her despicable father and monstrous half-brother. Her appearance certainly didn't help her. However, Theseus did not wish to upset the princess as she was the niece of the witch Circe and had learned from her mother’s knee the arts of magic. Theseus prayed to the gods for a way out of this situation. His salvation came in the form of Dionysus.

The wine god had fallen in love with the Cretan princess many years ago and desired to be with her. Dionysus told Theseus to leave Ariadne on the shores of Naxos and he would never be troubled by her again. Theseus agreed, docking on Naxos for the night, making camp in the beach. Before the sun rose, he awakened his crew and set sail, leaving Ariadne behind with some supplies in case the wine god had lied to him. He never saw her again.

Relieved to be done with Minos and his family, Theseus rested and in his rest forgot to raise the white sails. King Aegeus watched the horizon upon the bay with deep anxiety, fearing the sight of the black sail decreeing his son’s death. The ships appeared upon the horizon and Aegeus rushed to see them, taking up a spyglass and gazing at the sails, raven and fluttering in the wind. Grief overflowed from the king’s chest. He had lost all reason and will to live and thusly, cast himself from the cliffs of Athena.

From the moment he learned of his father’s death, there originates this Theseus and his darker feelings.
    Last edited by Wizard; July 16th, 2018 at 02:12 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's a really cool take on Theseus. My only critique is that Black Sails feels more fitting as an NP than a Skill, though I admit that boundary has been kind of blurred in GO with several Servants having some of their NPs classified as Skills (like Mordred's Secret Of Pedigree).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    That's a really cool take on Theseus. My only critique is that Black Sails feels more fitting as an NP than a Skill, though I admit that boundary has been kind of blurred in GO with several Servants having some of their NPs classified as Skills (like Mordred's Secret Of Pedigree).
    Thanks, II wasn't sure what to do with it so I stuck with it being a skill. Might change it later. I wanted to do an Assassin to go along with my Rider from before and Theseus seems like a good fit. Now I'm working on the Caster to finish up.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, is it usually this slow? Seems kind of quite the past two days.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
    Also, is it usually this slow? Seems kind of quite the past two days.
    Shhhhhh, Shiki-pon is sleeping, let him rest.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries

Class
    : Avenger

True Name: Charles d'Artagnan

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Parameters:

Strength: B
    Endurance: C
    Agility: A+++
    Magic: C
    Luck: B
    Noble Phantasm: B

Skills
    Class Skills:

Avenger: C+
    A Class Skill of the Avenger class, representing the state of an Avenger as one that gathers people's hatreds and grudges onto oneself. It is easier for one to accumulate hatred and resentment. The rate of mana generation rises in a pinch. While the scale of the effect indicates a Servant who did not earn ire from many, the quality and intensity of the received grudges is first-class. For a man to be hated so strongly, he surely must have earned it.

Memory Correction: A+
    A Class Skill of the Avenger class. People are creatures that forget many things, but an Avenger never forgets. The critical effect of Avengers who attack from beyond one's memory is strengthened. In this case, due to an double-edged mindset, received damage from critical attacks is also increased.

Self-Replenishment (Mana): C+
    A Class Skill of the Avenger class. One's magical energy endlessly surges until their revenge is accomplished. The negative wishes sustaining Avenger are such that the effect is strengthened whenever he suffers damage.

Personal Skills:

Charisma of an Evil Genius: C
    A composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. At this rank, it becomes possible to take command of an army and accumulate life-long friends and followers. This skill has been warped into its current state by the aura of resentment surrounding Avenger's current incarnation, which occasionally flares up as if to warn others away from his words.

Improvisation: A
    The power of "shining in extreme circumstances" granted to those with unwavering determination and overflowing talent. Allows for the temporary manifestation of skills the user doesn't possess upon a successful Luck Check. The difficulty of the check is inversely proportional to the severity of the situation, so this skill is difficult to use proactively and is usually reserved for dramatic turnabout moments. Skills such as Riding and Espionage that Avenger possessed in life will be easier to acquire.

Crimson Ace: C
    A declaration of excellence given to one that stood at the peak of human ability. Grants an unreasonable modifier to a single parameter so that the holder might reclaim the title they held in life. Can only be held by those who are completely human; performance-enhancing Skills like Divinity are grounds for disqualification. Avenger's unmatched finesse with the rapier is the only aspect of his legend that remains incorruptible, and so his Agility has been ranked up thrice over. There might have been other influences on this skill, largely from the popular culture of the location in which Avenger was summoned.

Noble Phantasms
    Le Masque de Fer
    Type: Anti-Unit

"Don't blame me for your defeat. Instead, curse the misfortune of your birth."

A polished headpiece that covers the upper part of Avenger's face. Despite its polished appearance, its true form is a filthy mass of hatred and resentment, accumulated from years of torture. The original mask was ugly iron, and not even worn by Avenger, but as part of his summoning it became a focal point for the grudges he bears.

The effects bestowed upon the wearer of the Masque de Fer are "accumulation of animosity" and "acknowledgement of accomplishment". The Masque is a lightning rod that absorbs and attracts both curses and negative emotions from its surroundings, but also simultaneously insulates its wearer from their negative effects. Its secondary use grants the wearer infamy and mystique as the Red Avenger among foes, a power strengthened by the curses the mask has taken in. Part of Avenger's legend was accumulating a wealth of respected rivals, and the Masque serves to recreate that aspect as well.

Though the Masque insulates the wearer from curses, its protection is not perfect. Wearing it is like living in a world where everyone considers you an enemy, and none can be trusted. To maintain one's sanity in such a hopeless place requires either powerful will... or a heart that has closed itself off to the feelings of others.

Because of Avenger's Class, he is able to use the Masque's gathered curses as magical energy, gaining a plus modifier to all of his Class Skills.

Melpomene - Tous Pour Un
    Type: ???

"A dream... It's something you do for yourself, not for others."

While all heroes have friends and enemies, few were known for their brotherhood as Avenger was. His lifelong friendship with three others is the stuff of legends, worthy of becoming a Noble Phantasm in its own right. However, that friendship was fractured through Avenger's actions, and he and his companions became bitter enemies. He discarded their services, choosing himself over them at every opportunity. Soon he was alone and victorious, standing atop the corpses of those who had once believed in him.

That cruel victory was enshrined in legend. The resentment and hatred of those he left behind, each of them a Heroic Spirit in their own right, followed Avenger into the Throne of Heroes, forming a Noble Phantasm symbolizing how he lived his life: by using and discarding others for his own gain.

Tous Pour Un grants Avenger the ability to process the emotions of people into charges that can produce a one-time effect on the level of a Noble Phantasm. The requirements for accumulating emotions are strict: only in their dying moments, and only when they have been betrayed. The deeper the betrayal, the stronger the captured effect, which is stored as Sin Quartz in Avenger's spiritual core.

The effects of a given piece of Sin Quartz differ based on the source, ranging from simple Anti-Unit strikes to obtuse conceptual effects. Avenger is summoned with three charges on his person, symbolizing the trio of friends he abandoned. Sin Quartz can also be used by Avenger as an instantaneous supply of magical energy, allowing him to repair his Spirit Origin when near death or remain materialized while lacking a Master.

Finally, should he for some reason be convinced, Avenger can take his own life, betraying himself and the dream he swore to seek. The Quartz produced from his imminent death would be immeasurably powerful, embodying a logic error capable of unthinkable destruction... or perhaps, able to save a single person.

Background
    The adventures of Charles de Batz-Castelmore d'Artagnan are well known, largely through the lens of his involvement with the Three Musketeers: Athos, Porthos, and Aramis. This d'Artagnan and the historical figure he was based on are one and the same, with the Dumas novels being a modified retelling of the venerable musketeer's exploits.

From the beginning of d'Artagnan's life to the end, they were by his side. Immediately after arriving in Paris alone as a brash youth with not a penny to his name, he quarreled with and befriended the three musketeers. He knew them not and they knew him not, but they all saw in each other's eyes a spark of humour and the shine of steel. d'Artagnan thought little of the future, then; he wanted to be an officer, and then perhaps a captain. A charming life full of excitement and happiness.

Together, d'Artagnan and his friends went through many an adventure, arguing, laughing, fighting, and living as they saw fit, but always together. But d'Artagnan never realized the true form of his friendship, never understood what it was that he'd been given. He eventually grew into an adult, developing an admiration for France and a desire to attain a seat near the throne.

Eventually, fate pulled on their friendship. Athos, Porthos, and Aramis all had their own goals, differing from d'Artagnan's. At many points they were pitted against each other, and each time...

He never once hesitated. d'Artagnan had always thought only of himself. Those around him were mere conveniences. The moment they became hindrances, he would cast them aside. As he struck down and chased off each of his friends one by one, they lamented:

"If only we had known! Known that all the world and all our strength was yours to abuse as you pleased!"

In the end, d'Artagnan was given the promotion he sought. He had stained his hands with the blood of allies and enemies alike, and betrayed more people than he had saved. For those actions he became a hero. As he stood there in the middle of the battlefield, staring at the letter in his hands, d'Artagnan finally realized what he had done, what the sickness in his stomach and the nightmares in the dark had really meant.

"Adieu," he bid his friends, as he bled out from a chunk of shrapnel in his side. For the first and last time of his life, the fourth musketeer shed tears of shame and regret.

Description
    "Come on, Master. There's no need to read a description when the real thing is before you. Whatever that magical sight of yours will say, it'll surely be polluted by the slander of a thousand curses."

"My enemies are many. I am here because they wished for it. They want me to fight and suffer, not knowing defeat and never attaining victory. It's the result of affection and hatred mingling until they cannot be separated."

"Do I blame those three for this accursed container? What a difficult question. Certainly, we've wronged each other plenty. I've killed for less offense than they have dealt me, but surely my insensitive self must have troubled them a great deal. Whenever my thoughts turn to the past, I am overcome by regrets and sorrows."

"I'll tell you this much, Master: My wish is to forgive them. I'll forgive you as well. We are friends, after all."
    Last edited by Bloble; July 17th, 2018 at 12:30 AM.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's a nice Char......les Sheet you got there.

I do like that you didn't take the easy option of just have summoning the Three Musketeers as the NP.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    The mask and being wiling to betray his friends for his dream are giving me vibes of Griffith/Femto from Berserk. I wonder if that was an inspiration at all? Regardless, an incredibly good sheet.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    The mask and being wiling to betray his friends for his dream are giving me vibes of Griffith/Femto from Berserk. I wonder if that was an inspiration at all? Regardless, an incredibly good sheet.
    Yeah, his second NP, quote and all, is straight from Griffith.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Rider
    Identity: Phaethon
    Height: 174 cm
    Weight: 63 kg
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Attribute: Heaven
    Origin: Greek mythology
    Armament: Reins, sword
    Natural enemy: Zeus

Parameters:
    Strength: C
    Agility: B
    Mana: C
    Luck: E
    NP: A+

Background
    Phaethon is the son of Helios, the sun god, and Clymene, the Oceanid that gave birth to Atlas and Prometheus, among others. Despite being a lesser character who doesn’t possess the same renown as the mighty Heracles, the swift Achilles, or the cunning Odysseus, the one feat he performed during his entire life is by far the most destructive ever recorded in the Greek mythology. The potential awesomeness of it, however, is greatly diminished once you know everything started with the typical “I dare you to do this” teens love doing.

The challenge Phaethon accepted was proving to his playmates that he was the son of Helios. As any other person would do, the first thing Phaethon did was asking his mother for assurance. The Oceanid firmly said it was true that the Sun god was his father, and told him to go ask him to double-check. The boy obeyed and rose to heavens to meet the charioteer deity.

Once father and son met, the god Helios kindly allowed Phaethon to ask him for any wish to demonstrate they were indeed family. The requested wish was to ride the chariot of the Sun for one day. Helios warned his son about how dangerous the travel along the sky was, but he stubbornly insisted until he got what he wanted. He stepped on the chariot, and took the horses’ reins. That’s when everything started.

The horses didn’t feel the weight of their owner and panicked. They started running frenetically, and Phaethon couldn’t do anything to control them. Scared, he let go off the reins, and the chariot went off course, burning everything on its path. When it passed through Ethiopia, the heat made people’s blood rise to their skin and darken it. Great part of the African continent was reduced to nothing, the ground turned into deserts. If nothing was done, the world would be destroyed. Suffering, Gaia asked Zeus to stop the chariot, and the father of gods struck Phaethon down with his lightning.

This tragic event affected Helios greatly, blaming himself of what happened. Hadn’t the other gods asked him repeatedly, he’d have abandoned his duty and deprived the world of sunlight. Phaethon’s friend, Cygnus, was severely afflicted as well, to the point of being turned into a swan by the gods to relieve his pain and ascending to the firmament as a constellation.

Personality
    Ah, the enthusiasm of adolescence. Things are done without thinking about the consequences, life is enjoyed without thinking about what the future holds, and any dream is about fantastic and almost impossible goals. This is a fact no matter the time or place, and the Greece from the Age of Gods is the greatest example of it, filled with an infinity of names of people that chased their dreams and became heroes. Of course, Phaethon was one of those people, and he now hasn’t changed.

Always on high spirits, Phaethon is a cheerful young boy whose smile is bright like sunshine. He is a Heroic Spirit that didn’t truly become a hero during his life, so he plans to use this second chance to become a full-fledged, true hero his father can be proud of.

For Phaethon, there’s nothing more important than family. As obvious as it can be, he is very proud of his father, and always does his best to give a good impression, as a kid whose parents are watching play at a sports match. His mood improves greatly during sunny days, because there’s nothing impeding his father from having a good view of him, but lightning terrifies him. If there’s a thunderstorm, he’ll curl up at a corner with his hands on his head, screaming in fear. He won’t deny being scared, though, as he thinks that even the greatest heroes were scared at some moment in their lives.

Treatment with the Master: Phaethon sees his Master as the one he can rely the most during the Holy Grail War, and is looking forwards to be on good terms with them so that they can help him fulfill his dream. Once he enters the battlefield, Phaethon, as inexperienced as he is, acts impulsively and without thinking much about a strategy, so it’s important that his Master plans easy yet efficient battle tactics for him in order to avoid being outmatched by the many other Servants that have fought uncountable battles.

Likes: "What I like, you ask? I love my supporting family, of course! Oh, and also sunny days! Because Father can see me properly!"

Dislikes: "Lightning scares me... It's logical, don't you think? I was killed by lightning, so that has given me a sort of trauma."

Wish for the Grail: "If I could go back to the past, I'd like a second chance to prove I can become a replacement for Father. I want him to be proud of me!"

Skills
    Class skills
    Magic Resistance C
    Despite not having faced actual magecraft during his life, Phaethon obtains a boost in the rank of resistance through his divine blood.

Riding C

Curiously enough, Phaethon is unable to handle his Noble Phantasm properly.

Personal skills

Divinity B
    Measures qualification to become a Divine Spirit. Defensive effects granted by skills like Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig can be ignored to a certain degree. Phaethon was the child of Helios and Clymene, and therefore has a high rank of Divinity.

Affections of the Goddess D

A blessing obtained through the love a female deity professes on one, regardless of whether it’s love as a lover or as a relative. Affection is from Phaethon’s mother Clymene, who assured him that he was the son of Helios. Because Oceanids are lesser deities, at the level of a nymph, and Phaethon’s legend is sparse, this skill can’t get a high rank no matter how much he insists on it.

Protection from Fire B

Together with the solar chariot, Helios gave Phaethon a magical ointment that would prevent him from being burned by the divine ride. As the name implies, this skill grants protection from fire-based attacks, as well as making it impossible to get the status ailment of burn. Still, it’s not as if Phaethon becomes completely immune against them. Attacks with rank higher than B, as well as C-rank or above Noble Phantasms can easily go through this defense.

Noble Phantasm

Ílios Kataklysmós
    Disastrous dawning stampede

Type: Anti-Army, Anti-World
    Description:

“Here I go, Father! My chest burns with pride as hot as the Sun! Racing through the skies, illuminating the earth, I shall bring the day this once!”

A catastrophic Noble Phantasm in which Phaethon recreates the only feat he performed during his life at the cost of that itself: driving the chariot of the Sun. Phaethon starts the chant while pointing to the sky with his finger, immediately getting struck by an intense flash of light falling from the zenith that blinds those nearby. Once the light dissipates, Phaethon initiates a full-throttle charge with the ride borrowed from his father. Well, he tries it.

Because his rank of Riding isn’t high enough, Phaethon cannot control the fiery horses that pull the chariot, Divine Beasts that run wildly without acknowledging him as their master. What would usually be a rectilinear, flaming trample becomes an unpredictable and unstoppable attack, a divine fireball that runs erratically and wreaks havoc all over the place. The chariot doesn’t only irradiate enough heat energy to warm the world from afar, but also displays the speed to traverse the vast heavens in one day. The result of such a ride running through the ground is great devastation, as if the Sun had descended to create a mini-apocalypse. As a side effect, wherever the chariot passes through, any skill or effect that activates depending on the climate or phase of the day will read the conditions of the surroundings as sunny and daytime.

However, such a disastrous Noble Phantasm can’t be used for free. Just like in the legend, Phaethon will have his life taken before the destruction caused is too high. For him to summon a Divine Construct pulled by Divine Beasts without the talent to master it is already something at the level of a miracle. Even if he had an unlimited mana supply to cover the insane cost of using this Noble Phantasm, which would kill probably even the best mages, the World will protect itself by taking his life. As the existence of the non-written rule of “no Servant can win the Holy Grail War without using a Noble Phantasm” implies, Phaethon is technically unable of getting the Holy Grail.

Relations
    Nero Claudius: “I don’t care if you say you’re a better rider than Father, because when I become the Daybringer, you won’t be better than me!”

Minamoto no Yorimitsu: “I don’t have anything against motherly love, but… I’m not precisely fond of lightning…”

Nikola Tesla: “Shooting lightning all over the place while laughing like that… I don’t know about you, but he looks like a psycho to me, Master…”

Ivan the Terrible: “Z-Z-Zeus…?! No, he’s different… Man, you got me there for a second…”

Medea: “Meh, she just used Father’s chariot to run away. That’s not cool.”

Tamamo no Mae: “What do you mean she is the Sun goddess? Father is a man!”

Mordred: “I don’t get it. If you look up to your father like me, why do you want to kill him?”

Any Sun-related Servant: “Haha, this is wonderful! Look at how many people are blessed by Father! He is the best!”

Inability to find anime FC with fitting clothes strikes again. It's kinda funny how I planned to make him a cocky bastard that thinks he's the best but ruins everything just to make him what I expect to be a precious child.
    Last edited by King of Padoru; September 3rd, 2018 at 07:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Phaethon: Cool sheet, but I have one question. Does he have to die to use his NP, like Stella or La Pucelle, or can it be avoided if his Master uses a Command Seal to cancel the charge partway through?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    He uses his NP, he dies.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Avenger was certainly an unexpected class for the musketeer. Still very much a better d'Artagnan than what I made way back when.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    He uses his NP, he dies.
    So he crashes and burns? (I'll show myself out...)

Blog Entries
    Apropos of nothing, I know begging for feedback is annoying and whatnot, and usually people saying nothing generally means the sheet is OK.

But at the same time, not getting any feedback can be both frustrating and disheartening. It feels like everyone's just ignored your hard work.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Blog Entries
    Caster of Naxos

Class: Caster
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Title: Princess of Crete
    Origin: Greek Mythology
    Region: Crete

Parameters
    Strength: E
    Agility: D
    Mana: A+
    Luck: E
    Noble Phantasm: B

Class Skills
    Territory Creation: B
    A skill focused around the creation of a ‘Temple’ in which a magus may work, though Ariadne moreso created a garden work in with her plant based magics and concoctions. Her future as the goddess of mazes bleeds into her Spirit Graph, boosting this skill and causing her gardens to have very roundabout designs through no conscious act of her own.

Item Construction: C
    Ariadne learned the arts of Magecraft from her mother, Pasiphae, and aunt, Circe, learning their magics as well as going down a path of her own focused on plants and potions with minor interest in enchantments.

Madness Enhancement: E
    Madness born of grief and hatred. Ariadne would later go on to marry the god of wine and madness himself, Dionysus. It is only through his intervention that this madness did not consume her then and does not consume her now, only coming in small bouts that allow her to decompress while causing maximum damage in that short time. However, he does mind his wife having a few buttons to press.

Personal Skills
    Divinity: B
    On her mother’s side, Ariadne is the granddaughter of the sun god, Helios, and the Oceanid, Perse, also making her the granddaughter of the Titans Oceanus and Tethys. Through her father, she is bound to the Olympians Zeus and Poseidon. Her future is to be he beloved wife of an Olympian god and be made a goddess herself. Ariadne's bloodline is one that us closest to the heavens.

Weeping Upon the Shore: A
    Some legends tell of the grief Ariadne felt as she was abandoned on the beach of Naxos by Theseus and how her sadness ‘attracted’ the attention of Dionysus who went on to marry her. Tears from her eyes draw the eye of any mortal and even the divine, unable to focus as she weeps, even as she strangles them with her vines.

High-Speed Divine Words: C
    Allows the usage of multi-verse spells in a shorter period of time. A skill that has been passed down through her family for generations. Though she was not quite the prodigy that her cousin was, Ariadne still holds a decent amount of skill when it comes to this particular area.

Noble Phantasm
    A Place for Love to Bloom
    Lost Astereae Garden
    Type: Labyrinth

“A dream that can't come true. That is my fate through and through, is it not? Perhaps you will see it one day. I can only hope.

Ariadne loved her brother. Yes, he was born of a sinful union between her mother and a bull. Yes, he was a monster of horrifying strength and appearance. Yes, he devoured human flesh to sustain himself. But she loved him all the same and that is why she helped kill him. How could he truly live, trapped at the bottom of a labyrinth, acting as her father’s executioner. She knew of his true gentle nature and simple mind. Even the pits of Hades would be kinder.

She wished that Asterios could be free, that he had not needed to live as a monster, that he could be her brother and they could sit in the garden and sing together.

Her wish became a Noble Phantasm. A recreation of that fiendish labyrinth, remade into something beautiful; a garden maze constructed from bushes bursting with vibrant flowers. It blooms from the earth and overlays the world with Ariadne’s desire.

Butterflies and bees dance from flower to flower. Deer tread through the paths unafraid. Birds sing from hidden nooks. The sun will always shine and sky will always be clear. This is the ideal garden. No malice is allowed within its walls. Ill intent of any kind will be dealt with appropriately and quickly.

All Love Must Be A Lie
    Heartbreaker
    Type: Anti-Mind

“What is love? Can you tell me? Can you show me? No, you can't because there is none.”

Ariadne’s family has no luck with love. Her mother had deal with her father’s constant infidelity and the curse placed upon her for his transgressions. Her cousin loved a prince and betrayed her family only to be left in the dirt, cursed as a witch by the world. Her aunt waits forever for a man she knows will never return. Ariadne is now different. She wanted so desperately to be away from her cursed family, to create a new one and find true untainted love. Like her cousin, she betrayed her family and killed her brother before fleeing with her beloved prince, hoping for a happy ending. Then she awoke on Naxos alone with a few days of supplies and a ship on the horizon. Love was a lie. That was the truth she learned. Ariadne wept on the beach for days, blinded by her tears. Once she finished, she walked into the forest and found the tallest tree. Forming a noose of vines, Ariadne wrapped it around her neck and dropped.

It was after this Dionysus came to her and showed her that love could be true, but this Ariadne has not reached that yet. She comes from these final moments of overwhelming grief and can wield these emotions as a weapon, taking the form of the vine noose. Wrapping around her opponent’s neck, they are able to feel her sadness, her anger, her hatred, her longing, her loneliness. They can feel it all as their own emotion are overridden and they become a mindless thrall that follows Ariadne with a sickening tainted love.

Personality
    Ariadne feels like someone who is constantly on the edge of snapping. She smiled and laughs when appropriate and acts in a very relaxed mood, using her free time to tend to her ever present garden or sing. But there is a constant feeling that lingers around her like a knife against your neck, and a single mention of his name brings it closer. Seeing happy families and couples makes her smile too much.

Lore
    Ariadne, Princess of Crete, loved her family. It was for that exact reason she hated her family. Her father was a cruel, narcissistic, hedonistic, tyrant who treasured her and showered her with gifts, bending to her every request. Her mother was kind yet wicked and had taught her everything she knew about magic before losing her mind after the birth of the Minotaur, Asterios. Her other siblings barely registered in the girl’s mind. There was no true love in this family. All of it was bitter and tainted by circumstance and foul emotions. Even Ikaria, her sweet little bird, was tainted by her and her father’s imprisonment and underlying hatred. Ariadne had all she could need, yet she was unhappy. Until he arrived.

A handsome boy sailing in from Athens amongst the sacrifices to the Labyrinth. Why would he come? It didn't matter. She knew she had to save him if she wanted to make him hers. When she confronted him, practically exploding with love, the boy revealed himself—Theseus, Prince of Athens—and his intent to kill the Minotaur and escape Crete. He asked her for her help in both. For a moment, Ariadne hesitated. She had no problem killing the Minotaur, death would be a mercy for him, but she remembered the tragic tale of her cousin Medea and her beloved Jason. Would she be falling into the same trap? Ariadne looked into the beautiful sea green eyes and decided.

Taking the instructions of the Labyrinth from Ikaria, Ariadne weaved a ball of string from plant fibers and enchanted it to lead Theseus through the Labyrinth with the sound of her voice. She gifted it to him before he entered and prayed to every god there was that her prince return. He did and together with the other sacrifices, they fled from Crete. It was then Ariadne approached the topic of marriage, now that his goal was complete and he did not need her for anything besides true love. Ariadne did not see the panic in his eyes as she asked nor the hesitation in his voice as he promised to marry her in Athens. She was too full of joy, she was hardly able to sleep when they landed on Naxos for the night.

The newly engaged princess awoke on the beach alone and the world became clear. Love was a lie. It was all a farce put on by humans to make them believe otherwise. Without it, life became a meaningless hell. Ariadne wished she had never seen the truth, that she could have lived in such ignorant bliss for the rest of her life, but now she can't. Her innocence has been taken and it's all his fault!!!

Dialogue/Interactions
    “...Oh, greetings. I am Princess….I am Ariadne, Servant of the Caster class. Please treat me well.”
    “Ikaria? You escaped, but….oh, I see. There truly is no kindness in the world, is there? Come here.” (Icarus/Ikaria)
    “Greetings, cousin. I am happy to see you again and ashamed. Love does not know our family, does he?” (Medea)
    “So you've found someone that makes you happy? That's good. That’s fine. I am glad to see you smiling once more. Let us hope it will never fade. For her sake.” (Asterios)

- - - Updated - - -
    The companion piece to Assassin of the Labyrinth. The picture I found was perfect but now it won't show up.
    Last edited by Wizard; July 18th, 2018 at 02:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    Is the second NP based on her thread?

Blog Entries
    It's based on the common image of her hanging herself after being left on the beach.