Page 85 of 680 FirstFirst ... 35758083848586879095135185585 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 13593

Thread: Fate/strange fake (Free-Range Spoilers)

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    Quote Originally Posted by Elthanes View Post
    It's been a while since I've read it but isn't the effect of the potion to divide Jekyll in a good and evil half?
    Hyde isn't a personality living in the same body as Jekyll. Jekyll did not create a potion to split his personality between good and evil. He made a potion that allowed him express his urges without feeling guilty and without any consequences besmirching his good name.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

I never read that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinwood View Post
    Hyde isn't a personality living in the same body as Jekyll. Jekyll did not create a potion to split his personality between good and evil. He made a potion that allowed him express his urges without feeling guilty and without any consequences besmirching his good name.
    I was simplifying things.
    But I would argue that Hyde is a "second personality".
    Especialy when the transformations start to become involuntary

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well the book is a bit hazy on it. It's made clear that Jekyll is aware, and that he does come to enjoy the anonymity that comes with being Hyde. the Ability to indulge in all the things an upstanding man couldn't without being ashamed, but there are things Hyde does that Jekyll can't abide, and it's clear that there are measures of Hyde that aren't Jekyll as much as there are parts that are.
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    The book never goes to Hyde’s point of view because it doesn't exist. Even when disguised as Hyde, Jekyll always thinks of himself as Jekyll.That’s why he names his alter ego “Hyde,” Hyde is only a disguise Jerkyll considered disposable. It's not so much of a second personality than the personality itself completely being changed. It's clear by the end of the book that he truly was becoming another person though.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinwood View Post
    The book never goes to Hyde’s point of view because it doesn't exist. Even when disguised as Hyde, Jekyll always thinks of himself as Jekyll.That’s why he names his alter ego “Hyde,” Hyde is only a disguise Jerkyll considered disposable. It's not so much of a second personality than the personality itself completely being changed. It's clear by the end of the book that he truly was becoming another person though.
    Less becoming, more had become. Just checking the last paragraph of the book it says

Will Hyde die upon the scaffold? or will he find the courage to release himself at the last moment? God knows;
    So it's very clear at this point, Jekyll and Hyde had become so distinct that Jekyll couldn't predict his final actions.
    Galleries for Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    I mean I get the feeling it isn't just raw luck and the kid is actually very competent, if a bit of an oddball, so when things succeed it just looks like luck.

Unless its been specified that yes, it is luck.
    I think he has Ex rank luck. He has common sense but at the same time he seems slightly off. To summarize i guess the "genius idiot" works. When I read the LN, I thought he was much dumber. Maybe he IS weird and lucky and the net actions make him look like a genius. He definitely has a good grasp on magic though. All he did was rub his command spells to know what they are. I think Waver's gonna cry.

Quote Originally Posted by deadfish View Post

God, I hate trying to translate anything involving Gilgamesh. I give up.
    Thanks for the translation! This is just beautiful. I love TArcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    ... Okay, I knew True Archer was a beast, but this is officially the series rival level insane. I can't wait to find out who this guy is, it's frickin' insane.

Though I can't help but feel that it might not be someone from Gil's time like we expected, or at least not someone from the same part of the world. After all he has that Divine Noble Phantasm, but not the divinity Gil is familiar with.
    I feel like they have the same roots but come from a different legend. Maybe that's why Gil is not familiar with him?

I am confused totally

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EralfoCard View Post
    Thanks for the translation! This is just beautiful. I love TArcher.

I feel like they have the same roots but come from a different legend. Maybe that's why Gil is not familiar with him?

I am confused totally
    Someone suggested he was maybe Indian, which was my sorta thought, that maybe he's from the same era in myth, but from another part of the world, but another thought struck me after Christemo brought up Nimrod again.

While they are related (As far as I know, Nimrod is his grandfather or something?)

There's a distinct divide between the two, that while Gilgamesh comes from Mesopotamian myth, Nimrod is treated much more as a biblical figure. So the division in the 'feel' of the divinity behind it could be that Gilgamesh is treated primarily in relation to the gods of his myth like Ea, Enki, Ishtar, etc. Where as Nimrod is referenced with the Abrahamic Religions and their singular god. So that could mean that True Archer is Nimrod, but explain the difference in divinity.
    Galleries for Stuff

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Someone suggested he was maybe Indian, which was my sorta thought, that maybe he's from the same era in myth, but from another part of the world, but another thought struck me after Christemo brought up Nimrod again.

While they are related (As far as I know, Nimrod is his grandfather or something?)

There's a distinct divide between the two, that while Gilgamesh comes from Mesopotamian myth, Nimrod is treated much more as a biblical figure. So the division in the 'feel' of the divinity behind it could be that Gilgamesh is treated primarily in relation to the gods of his myth like Ea, Enki, Ishtar, etc. Where as Nimrod is referenced with the Abrahamic Religions and their singular god. So that could mean that True Archer is Nimrod, but explain the difference in divinity.
    It's an interesting thought.

Unlike Gilgamesh, the historicity of Nimrod is uncertain. In Abrahamic myth at least he was king of Shinar, which was the region including Babylong and Uruk. So he would have lived within several centuries of Gilgamesh.

Close enough to know something about the contents of Gil's vault, possibly.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gilgamesh is a king of culture/technology/civilization, so his natural foil would be a king of instinct/nature/savagery?

(just throwing stuff at the wall)
    don't quote me on this

Wouldn't Nimrod be the most plausible candidate? Since True Rider claims to be him being her prey and they both have the same cloth which is implausible in any legend except if she had obtained it. Though the cloth is not a replica or a successor/predecessor of the cloth worn by True Archer, so an assumption is that they are the same. My thought, like the ones said before by others, is that:

True Archer is Nimrod

True Rider is Esau

Esau killed Nimrod and robbed him off his clothes.

Or

he could be Jacob that obtained the cloth from Esau and tried to hunt Nimrod cause 1.) connection to Esau, 2.) Nimrod's hatred on God.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow, those statements by True Archer just puts a whole new meaning to the phrase "come at me, bro!"

Now Gil will have a taste of his own medicine as soon as that Archer fires an arrow that can rival Ea's cosmic apocalypse. XD
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
    Wouldn't Nimrod be the most plausible candidate? Since True Rider claims to be him being her prey and they both have the same cloth which is implausible in any legend except if she had obtained it. Though the cloth is not a replica or a successor/predecessor of the cloth worn by True Archer, so an assumption is that they are the same. My thought, like the ones said before by others, is that:

True Archer is Nimrod

True Rider is Esau

Esau killed Nimrod and robbed him off his clothes.

Or

he could be Jacob that obtained the cloth from Esau and tried to hunt Nimrod cause 1.) connection to Esau, 2.) Nimrod's hatred on God.
    Jacob got the cloth of Cush from Esau and also wrestled God so he'd definitely be the one who could punch Nimrod into the horizon like True Rider did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    Now Gil will have a taste of his own medicine as soon as that Archer fires an arrow that can rival Ea's cosmic apocalypse. XD
    Yeah as soon as he does that thing that can't be done.

Blog Entries
    But why is he Saber?

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    finished reading vol.1.

aside from 'true' servants, I am impressed by Hanza. he is basically YAMASODACHI cyborg executor.

one more thing, I like fake saber. such a nice guy for a king.
    Last edited by AmADo VII; May 12th, 2015 at 10:24 AM.

Blog Entries
    one more thing, I like fake saber. such a nice guy for a king.

He is most likely True Saber though.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    He is most likely True Saber though.
    who knows, Narita could troll and give us hungry king as true saber.

Blog Entries
    Those 6 Servants from the original version were supposed to be the water to prime Snowfield Grail and summon True Servants, so I guess Richard is the first True Servant summoned.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    A blow rich with divine aura shook the earth. But it had not been a blow dealt by the mysterious Archer.
    "....Eh?"
    Tine, peeking her head from the rear seat of Vimana, could not believe what had transpired. Just as Archer was going to manifest the power of the piece of fabric that seemed to be his noble phantasm, a horse appeared from out of nowhere, and the girl riding on it dismounted behind Archer.
    She looked to be from 16 to around 18 years of age, at the very least not over 20. Her long hair was kept neatly bundled to the back of her head, and her lively peach-colored body was dressed in a unique style of clothing of soft cloth and leather. She gave off an energetic impression on whole and approached Archer from behind with a cool face and without making a sound.
    "....?"
    Noticing that Gilgamesh furrowed his brows, Archer was about to turn around when suddenly the girl’s fist deeply dug into the covered part of his face. A sound that could only be from an explosion boomed, Archer's body being propelled like a cannon shell. His body smashed deep into the wall of a different hill, and the small hil in turn then began to collapse.
    After a brief silence, a simple fact dominated the air. The fact that the man whom Gilgamesh's volleys of noble phantasms from Gate of Babylon could do nothing to was sent flying by this girl's thin arm.
    The girl glared with immense hate at the debris where Archer was buried, then flicking a glance over to Tine and Gilgamesh behind her, she said, "That scum is my prey. Don't interfere."
    Some time passed before, Gilgamesh opened his mouth, eyes narrowed.
    “…This is exactly what is called spoiling the mood, girl.”
    Tine judged that Gilgamesh was clearly displeased from his tone. He had every right to be angry, for the battle that had excited him had been interrupted. Not only that, but it had been the second time since the first day that someone had ruined his fight.
    In this precarious situation, Tine thought to at least probe into the girl’s identity. But one thing threw her into deep confusion. The girl in front of her had around her arm the same piece of fabric as the noble phantasm-seeming fabric wrapped around Archer's arm. Not only was the pattern no different, but even the thick divine aura that shook the air was completely the same.
    Could it be the same noble phantasm?
    While Tine was in confusion and Gilgamesh was quietly fuming, the debris of the collapsed hill flew to all sides like from a volcano eruption following a great thundering sound.

It was a grail war intertwined with true and fake. The strong gathered to this land, and the destiny of the holy grail was about to be further mired in the mud of chaos.

That's the last part of the True Archer bit.
    Last edited by peanuts; May 20th, 2015 at 05:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Those 6 Servants from the original version were supposed to be the water to prime Snowfield Grail and summon True Servants, so I guess Richard is the first True Servant summoned.
    'let's beta test with Enkidu and Gilgamesh.'

You really can't say they weren't ambitious, lol. Given the lack of an original Saber in the proposal, yeah, that's most likely.

Signature by fumato