Page 6927 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 5927642768276877691769226925692669276928692969326937697770277427 ... LastLast
Results 138,521 to 138,540 of 157511

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

Is there any in-universe explanation for why most Lancers have bad luck stats? I mean, meeting a tragic ending in your legend isn't exactly limited to spearmen, just ask EMIYA. I'm just wondering if there's any explanation for why Lancers are cursed with low luck stats. And please don't answer with something like "Because being a Lancer is suffering".

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    well you see, being lancer is--
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

I honestly don't think theres a straight answer. The most likely is that its a joke TM plays with.

Blog Entries
    real talk tho

thats just a meme

those in possession of E-rank luck among lancers are only about a sixth of current known lancer

even if youre being generous and still counts D-rank luck as bad luck, combined with E-rankers that's about a third of current known Lancers

its not exactly "most" Lancers

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    real talk tho

thats just a meme

those in possession of E-rank luck among lancers are only about a sixth of current known lancer

even if youre being generous and still counts D-rank luck as bad luck, combined with E-rankers that's about a third of current known Lancers

its not exactly "most" Lancers
    Okay, my error then. I was unaware that most Lancers known nowadays do not have low luck stats.

JP Friend Code
    Details on what castor said:

Lancers with A++ rank Luck: JDASL
    Lancers with A+ rank Luck: Kiyohime, Karna (self-reported)
    Lancers with A rank Luck: Tamamo, Nezha
    Lancers with B rank Luck: Ereshkigal, Ibaraki, Inshun, Parvati, Jaguarman, Hector, Romulus, Liz
    Lancers with C rank Luck: Raikou, Medusa Lily, Artoria, Fionn, Leonidas, Benkei
    Lancers with D rank Luck: Vlad Apo, Vlad EXTRA, Karna, Artoria Alter, Scathach, Proto Cu
    Lancers with E rank Luck: Valkyrie, Li Shuwen, Bryn, Diarmuid, Cu
    Lancers that can change Luck stat as will: Enkidu

If you take C rank as average rank, you only have 5 Lancers (7 if you count Valkyrie as 3) with E rank Luck and 6 with D rank Luck so 11-13.
    Meanwhile there are 8 with B rank Luck, 6 with average Luck, 2 with A rank Luck, 1 (or 2 if you count Karna) with high Luck and 1 with very high Luck.

So less than half of Lancers have bad luck if you count D-rank as bad, and if you only count E rank it's like 1/6-1/4 of the cast.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; September 13th, 2018 at 08:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    Karna would not lie to me

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Karna would not lie to me
    how about when he doesn't think its a lie, but the universe says otherwise
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    It's funny tho that other than Li, all of the other E-rank Luck Lancers are from Northern Europe region.

- - - Updated - - -

And I still want to know Apo Vlad's Luck cuz I forgot. But if he has the exact same rank as his FGO Berserker form, I guess you can also count him.

- - - Updated - - -

NVM he has D rank.

US Friend Code
    Apo Vlads stats is Str B, End B, Agi A, Mana A, Luck D, and NP A. With the domain buff all of these go up one Rank

- - - Updated - - -

Snipe

anywhere than here

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    In the F/Z translation, where did the 1200 bullets/second comment come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Fate/Zero vol. 3
    Simple ammunition is no threat to Servants, no matter how big its caliber is. This is especially so with Saber, whose physical abilities were so supreme. Not only can she easily dodge them, but she can even deflect the rocket back with her sword if she wanted to. However – no matter how extraordinary the Heroic Spirit’s abilities maybe, she is still helpless in front of the firing speed of 1200 rounds per second of the M61 automatic rifle that the General Electric company took pride in. Moreover, this weapon has been attached with the properties of a Noble Phantasm by Berserker’s hand. Getting hit by one round is enough to kill.
    Looking at a wikipedia entry for the M61, it should only have a firing rate of 6000 bullets/minute, or 100 bullets/second.

Could have sworn that this was mentioned somewhere as reflecting Lancelot's Knight of Owner enhancing the temporary NP beyond its normal capabilities, but is it just a goof up on Urobutchi's/translation's part?
    Last edited by Trubo; September 13th, 2018 at 11:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Like all number/unit mistakes it's from the telephone game translation, and the original text says 12,000 rounds per minute
    Which according to the Japanese Internet is a record set when they were stress testing it and not realistic under normal conditions, but I can't find any English sources

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Mcjon
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Do any official Type-Moon materials refer to the Tohsakas or Matous by a word that would better be translated as "clan" rather than "family"? Or is referring to them as "clans" just a fandom tendency?
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

Is there any form of Magecraft that closely resembles FMA alchemy in terms of mechanics and principles?

Is Kerry's Origin a "single concept" despite being two words, or is it like Rin/Heine/anyone else who's born with multiple Elemental affinities?

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Is Kerry's Origin a "single concept" despite being two words, or is it like Rin/Heine/anyone else who's born with multiple Elemental affinities?
    His Origin is two concepts, that interact and mix with each other. They aren't his elements. Im pretty sure his elements was something like Fire & Wind?

anywhere than here

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    His Origin is two concepts, that interact and mix with each other. They aren't his elements. Im pretty sure his elements was something like Fire & Wind?
    Right, I guess I didn't phrase that well. I meant was it more like (severing and binding) or (severing) and (binding).
    Thanks!

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    His elements are Fire and Earth, the opposite of Kayneth's Water and Wind.