Page 61 of 302 FirstFirst ... 11515659606162636671111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

Blog Entries
    +1 to Pata Hikari's Role Revert. Latest chapter alone makes it deserve this +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Elf, dealing fanfic crack for Beast Lair since 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    Elf: Crack Dealer. Story at eleven.
    'Fae is Foul' - My SAO/ZnT Crossover fanfic (SB Thread) (FFN Link)

+1 to Role Revert and Endless Dream.

God have mercy on my rolls... Servant Shiki's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Noir
    +1 to Pata Hikari's Role Revert
    Lancer x Archer OTP
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    I'll give this a tentative +1. It's just getting started at four chapters long, but it's already showing some potential. None of this is to say the author couldn't squander it all later, but I like what I see so far.

Title:
    Dual Wielding
    Author: Thrythlind
    Genre: Drama, Action/Adventure, Comedy
    Summary: Thrythlind's blurb: In the aftermath of the Fourth Grail War, a Servant was left behind in the world of mortal men. Ten years later, when the Fifth Grail War begins this has a profound impact on what is to come for Shirou Emiya

My blurb: Shirou enters the Fifth Grail War with two Servants--a flirtatious knight and a severe swordswoman (one of whom is the anomalous eighth Servant) who are eerily similar yet worlds apart. You would think he has this war won, but a combination of a changed up Servant roster, justified paranoia and two Servants who mix about as well as oil and water have already started undermining his chances. The Grail War has just begun, and it's already going off the rails.

Pairing(s): Traces of Shirou/Rin, Shirou/Lancer (not the Hound of Ulster), Shirou/Ria (who is a canon character using a pseudonym)
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9246631/1/Dual-Wielding
    Warnings: May be building toward a harem, but it's too soon to say. Dabbles a bit more than my liking in goofy, everyday stuff. Also, don't let the two Servants bit fool you. This is no Nerve Damage.
    Last edited by Imperial; May 7th, 2013 at 12:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Dual Wielding Spoilers/Recommendation

Lancer is Arturia Lily, armed with Rhongomyniad and Carnwennan. In the dream cycle Shirou sees her mind getting broken through Caster's Torture, but a fuzzy image of a boy and girl (hinted to be Shirou/Sakura or Shirou/Rin) save her with Mana Unicorn. She lost most of her memories though.

Ria Penn is Arturia Alter, left over from the 4th war, and is in a secret relationship with Taiga. Yes; I know.

Heracles is motherfucking Saber. This makes this fic worth following- holy crap... The conversations of his with Ilya, those lines of his, especially
    "Physical strength, no matter how great, gets you only so far, especially when your foes are Gods, Titans, demons and children of Gaia," Saber reminded her. "The best way for even a demigod to win such battles is to arrange for the enemy to limit themselves."
    Medusa is Assassin.

CG EMIYA is Caster. What can I say, ultra-badass lineup so far. Even if it devolves into Harem Antics I'll keep reading this fic just to see Caster + Infinite Swords. Ridiculous.

Bazett still alive and awake, although her arm got chopped off by our favorite troll priest during summoning of her masturbatory fantasy childhood hero, and so Cu got summoned as Beserker with Riastrad!!! He's currently under Kotomine's control.

You can say I'm giving this fic a +1.
    Last edited by NewAgeOfPower; May 7th, 2013 at 03:57 PM.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

Blog Entries
    +1 to Role Revert and Endless Dream.

I happen to be an expert on this topic Pata Hikari's Avatar
    All these people liking Role Revert is making me excited for finishing the next chapter.
    Fate/Stay Night: Life is an Endless Dream Chapter 12: Settling into place
    Tsukihime: Role Revert Part 10: Were you here the whole time?
    Fate + Tsuki: Slayer/Savior Part 1: Forge/Assassin
    Pata Hikari's Tsukihime Short stories: Lastest story: A Midnight Dreary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pata Hikari View Post
    All these people liking Role Revert is making me excited for finishing the next chapter.
    Just as planned.

Blog Entries
    Keisan doori desu, huh?

+1 for Role Revert
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

Blog Entries
    Dual Wielding is OK, but suffers enough in several spots that I am very distant from giving it a +1. Though it generally maintains plausibility, there are several moments of 'ehhh, not sure about that' or just 'nope'. On a technical level, the point of view jumps around like cat on a hot tin roof, which particularly impacts the fight scenes - and especially the biggest one, which pretty comprehensively failed to deal with its 10 combatants, IMO. The fight scenes generally could use stronger writing: not this author's high point, I think. And it looks like we have the same old Lily personality that I think every single 'fic using her has landed on, even with a few promised twists. (And, of course, using Lily at all dives right into quasi-canon).

Canon implausibilities/contraventions

EMIYA = Caster with A+++ prana.
    Medea can use Argon Coin and can ride dragons.
    Saber is dunked in AM and breaks free without Avalon.
    The Einzberns, despite still seemingly being betrayed by Kiritsugu, decided to summon Herakles as a Saber: a hugely powerful hero who's going to get masses of MR from his class to help him fight their commands.
    Cú's base ME rank is merely C, and he still talks and reasons despite even ME: C being enough to cut those off.
    Saber variant in Lancer class (questionable given her different background).

Especially that first one is just ... what?

That said, I'm still keeping an eye on it (not just because I gave the writer a 1k+ word review). It's not actually outright bad, just nowhere near as good as it ought to be.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

So, there's no thread in the vein of "Help me find this fanfic", so this will do. Anyone remember a story with a Shirou/Saber tag team, in which they work for the Association, ride a bike, hunt DA's, and Saber somehow has Alter inside her head waiting to be unleashed, so she wears some kind of limiter gloves? My gut says Elf wrote this, but I don't remember if it was in old BL or was reposted here.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Dual Wielding is OK, but suffers enough in several spots that I am very distant from giving it a +1. Though it generally maintains plausibility, there are several moments of 'ehhh, not sure about that' or just 'nope'. On a technical level, the point of view jumps around like cat on a hot tin roof, which particularly impacts the fight scenes - and especially the biggest one, which pretty comprehensively failed to deal with its 10 combatants, IMO. The fight scenes generally could use stronger writing: not this author's high point, I think. And it looks like we have the same old Lily personality that I think every single 'fic using her has landed on, even with a few promised twists. (And, of course, using Lily at all dives right into quasi-canon).

The Einzberns, despite still seemingly being betrayed by Kiritsugu, decided to summon Herakles as a Saber: a hugely powerful hero who's going to get masses of MR from his class to help him fight their commands.
    Cú's base ME rank is merely C, and he still talks and reasons despite even ME: C being enough to cut those off.

That said, I'm still keeping an eye on it (not just because I gave the writer a 1k+ word review). It's not actually outright bad, just nowhere near as good as it ought to be.
    What's that Lily personality she is supposed to always have?
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Why do so many people get hard-ons for Caster EMIYA? It's not like the class would benefit him given what we know of how the mechanics of base class stats work.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; May 7th, 2013 at 07:58 PM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors gwonbush's Avatar
    They think "He uses magic to be awesome". So if he was in the class that was best at magic, they think he would be more awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    I am of the personal belief that the Tsukihime Remake is two years from release. It will remain as such until a release date is announced, at which time its actual release date is 6 months after that date.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Why do so many people get hard-ons for Caster EMIYA? It's not like the class would benefit him given what we know of how the mechanics of base class stats work.
    Since he can maybe qualify it opens up the Archer class for use by someone else who couldn't be fudged into a different slot but the author wants to include in the same war as EMIYA? That's why I'd do it.

Blog Entries

Ria Penn has Avalon, according to stat sheet.

What would you summon Lily as then? I agree with her personality being a bit odd, although Lily is pretty rare in fanfiction as far as I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pata Hikari View Post
    Congrats!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Because sword spam isn't as awesome as EVEN MORE SWORD SPAM
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    What's that Lily personality she is supposed to always have?
    Much less serious, very flirty, doesn't use Excalibur, often revealed her gender to her people in life (though that last hasn't happened in the story yet, and I'm hopeful of it not happening). Putting aside that she's just a different skin for Saber from UC, I kind of get why people have looked at her appearance and decided she could be like that, but it gets me that there's essentially no deviation whatsoever in any of the 'fics I've seen with Lily.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    Since he can maybe qualify it opens up the Archer class for use by someone else who couldn't be fudged into a different slot but the author wants to include in the same war as EMIYA? That's why I'd do it.
    Archer is the only obvious OC so far (or at least an OC within the Nasuverse - it's a proper Servant taken from legend), so it could be that. Still, I don't like Caster Emiya on principle because he's terrible at all magecraft beside derivations of UBW; it doesn't quite seem good enough compared to everything you presume a real HS qualified as Caster could be. But with a botched summoning I can allow it. A+++ prana is just insane, though.
    Last edited by Seika; May 7th, 2013 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Double-post wihtout even having to submit twice; BL fritzing out on anyone else?
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    I remember reading "yandere" Saber Lily once. It was quite amusing, at the very least.
    I think she used Carnwennan as a yakuza/ganster switch-blade, though, which was just...yeah. I liked it a few times, I guess? ^^;
    Interesting and had potential, and deviated from the stereotypical "flirtatious girly girl".
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Much less serious, very flirty, doesn't use Excalibur, often revealed her gender to her people in life (though that last hasn't happened in the story yet, and I'm hopeful of it not happening). Putting aside that she's just a different skin for Saber from UC, I kind of get why people have looked at her appearance and decided she could be like that, but it gets me that there's essentially no deviation whatsoever in any of the 'fics I've seen with Lily.
    Really, that sounds like, with just Saber Lily, she could be in a story all of her own. All the other "Arturias" seem to be too much. I'll have to read this story once I get back home.
    Last edited by Vigilantia; May 7th, 2013 at 10:42 PM.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Ah right, I remember hearing about that kind of interpretation. Basically a more feminine Saber.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.