Page 27 of 158 FirstFirst ... 17222526272829323777127 ... LastLast

Thread: TM Fanfics Index: Recommendations & Discussion. Updates never

Fanart is just another form of Fanfic Fan_Fic_Reader's Avatar
    +1 Third Option, I really liked it.
    Funny Gif

Favorite Nasuverse Quote

I found these two from Tumblr
    Ufotable vs Visual Novel

Now we just need Fourth Option: The Sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    This was much needed.
    Very much so. +1 from me too.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    Now we just need Fourth Option: The Sequel.
    Does Shirou pick Iri or Leysritt in that?

Blog Entries
    Put those hands together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    All these new fics coming out of the woodwork lately! :O
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We really are​ getting a lot more new fic authors here, aren't we?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    We are?
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    well, like, at least two

if the introduction thread's anything to go by
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

+1 to WAKAME SENTAI SHINJIRANGERS.

Quote Originally Posted by Phearo View Post
    That's one of the reasons I'm wary on reccing it, too. Not a fan of SAO, believe it or not. by that I mean yeah I'll read a crossover fic even if only half of it is what I actually like
    I'm not a fan of the thousands of crossovers with MLP: FIM (I haven't even watched the show, and I'm still confused about how the hell do you cross ace combat with MLP) and I had recced a F/ZxMLP because it was just that well written in my opinion, so don't hesitate to rec if you like something.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Blog Entries
    I haven't given out recommendations out in a while, so I'll give a +1 several stories, Unorthodox Thief for keeping me entertained in its storyline even though I'm not much a Lupin the 3rd fan, The Laughing Master was something I discovered out of nowhere in its early days and is a really good crossover for what its worth as one, Fate: Reach Out is a story I look for updates almost as much as a Religious Nut even though I know Chapters take a while to come out. It blends Shirou as a character well into MC's Role instead of being a carbon cut & paste and for having great character interaction. I put it as one of the best Persona Crossovers stories I've read, right in front of The Sword is Mightier than the Card.

Finally, I'll give a recommendation to a story that I wish would update again, The Souls of Heroes by LD 1449. A Crossover with Demon Souls.

During the Fate Route while Fighting Berserker in the Forest; Shirou, Saber, and Rin get transported to the Boletarian Palace and try to figure out exactly where they are and how they came to be wherever "here" is. They find the people former shells of what they used to be, and happen upon Ostrava of Boletaria. From there it becomes a ride that never ends the way anyone in the story wants events to turn out. Despair at every corner where there is hope. Prepare to Die.

I don't know how much Type-Moon LD 1449 knows, but he seems to know Fate/Stay Night well enough that each character is portrayed alright in my opinion. On the Demon Soul's side, all the character interactions are about the same as NPC's of few lines could ever be fleshed out to be and beyond. The Story is paced decently, and it never seems to disappoint me. There might be some things that irk people of course from it. And I believe in the earlier chapters I spotted minor grammar errors here and there.

These are just my thoughts so, take it with a grain of salt. Everyone's opinions are different, and mine are very simple. But I really liked The Souls of Heroes and really hope it updates sooner or later since its last chapter update from September. +1 From me

EDIT:

That feeling when I checked the long stories post, and realized the story was there, but I couldn't find it because it's listed as "Souls of Heroes" instead of "The Souls of Heroes"

d'oh
    Last edited by ZidanReign; December 14th, 2014 at 03:13 AM.

I may have reccomended it twice in the last thread, yeah

Spoiler:
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Another +1 to WAKAME SENTAI SHINJIRANGERS (assuming it's okay for a new member to add a +1).

Anything that (intentionally) gets me to snicker loudly enough at work that the coworker in the next cube over asks what's so funny deserves it.

Whew! About to slip down. VelspertheCat's Avatar
    I enjoyed the Soul of Heroes so I'll give it a +1. It's a fun replacement for a Fate centric route. Plus all the mind and soul raping of a Souls game in prose.
    Spoiler:
    Is it pimping myself out if it's hidden?
    Index of Stories, Conceptual Writing, and Scenes

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Souls of Heroes gets a +1 because reasons.

I cannot in good conscience recommend a Demon's Souls fic in which no member of the cast dies. In addition, most fights are dragged out and boring, and there's not enough divergence for my tastes. I feel like this is a decent fic, but mostly benefits from a lack of competition in its niche.

Did you really read to the last chapters? Because, while Shirou, Rin and Saber are still alive (for now), there had been deaths. And I mean of characters that people like.

Spoiler:

祖 Ancestor
    + 1 to Souls of Heroes, like what they do with the magic. The way Shirou's magic turned out was pretty interesting.

Fanart is just another form of Fanfic Fan_Fic_Reader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    + 1 to Souls of Heroes, like what they do with the magic. The way Shirou's magic turned out was pretty interesting.
    Like what?
    Funny Gif

Favorite Nasuverse Quote

I found these two from Tumblr
    Ufotable vs Visual Novel