Page 140 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4090130135138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 2880

Thread: What if _________ was _________'s servant?

Quote Originally Posted by Megas View Post
    ....I mean, I admit the guy has attitude and stuff, but honestly, I don't remember him succeeding at much while alive.
    Well... Sure most of the time he was sorta just winging it and hoping for the best but this is the same guy that inspired Simon to be the best he could be and without him the entire rebellion would've never happened. That and he has the charisma, I wouldn't be surprise if he got said Charisma as skill though probably at a low rank since he only led a team not a nation.

When it comes down to it he has the stuff.

Edit: Assassin'd.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Look to the Left View Post
    Well... Sure most of the time he was sorta just winging it and hoping for the best but this is the same guy that inspired Simon to be the best he could be and without him the entire rebellion would've never happened. That and he has the charisma, I wouldn't be surprise if he got said Charisma as skill though probably at a low rank since he only led a team not a nation.
    I imagine he'd have E-ranked Charisma like Gawain, representing that rather than having the talents of a ruler he just inspires people through sheer force of personality. Kamina never became the leader of the Dai-Gurren Brigade by going out of his way to try and lead anyone. He just acted like his usual awesome self and naturally inspired followers who wanted to believe in his crazy promises.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I imagine he'd have E-ranked Charisma like Gawain, representing that rather than having the talents of a ruler he just inspires people through sheer force of personality. Kamina never became the leader of the Dai-Gurren Brigade by going out of his way to try and lead anyone. He just acted like his usual awesome self and naturally inspired followers who wanted to believe in his crazy promises.
    That sounds about right.

Also I would like to take a gander at that idea but I'm not quite confidant in my skills. Beside I already got this little piece of mine that's under work.

Still though I could try at least. I think? I dunno, maybe someone else will do it but in the meantime I'll keep that in mind.

I guess my problem is for all you're talking him up, in the end he kinda just amounts to a less successful Iskandar.
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Blog Entries
    That sounds about right.

Also I would like to take a gander at that idea but I'm not quite confidant in my skills. Beside I already got this little piece of mine that's under work.

Still though I could try at least. I think? I dunno, maybe someone else will do it but in the meantime I'll keep that in mind.
    I'm actually feeling a little inspired to pick the idea up myself, but I've got a lot on my plate (including a terminally unfinished original fiction story) and so probably won't have time.

You're certainly welcome to give it a shot, in any case.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess my problem is for all you're talking him up, in the end he kinda just amounts to a less successful Iskandar.
    Iskandar didn't have a giant robot. Plus we already know from Accel/Zero how he'd react around Sakura, so that'd be kind of retreading old ground.

That's... Not too far off actually.

You're certainly welcome to give it a shot, in any case.
    Cool.

IDK if the giant robot really adds anything for Kamina though?

I mean, IIRC wasn't Simon the better pilot of the two?

Heck, I've always been kinda unclear on if the other pilot of a given robot has any control whatsoever after Lagann takes it over/combines.
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Blog Entries
    By the way, I've probably suggested this before but while we're on the subject of Trigger characters as Servants, what do y'all think would go down if Shirou summoned Ryuko Matoi from Kill La Kill instead of Arturia? I even wrote her up over in the Modern Fiction thread, in case any of you are curious just how she'd stat up.

....I mean, wouldn't she just be a souped up Mordred?
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Blog Entries
    IDK if the giant robot really adds anything for Kamina though?

I mean, IIRC wasn't Simon the better pilot of the two?

Heck, I've always been kinda unclear on if the other pilot of a given robot has any control whatsoever after Lagann takes it over/combines.
    True, but his "legend" as the first leader of the Dai-Gurren rebellion would probably give him a considerable conceptual boost. Plus, you'd get to have Sakura playing co-pilot, which wouldn't really be possible with Iskandar.

By the way, I've probably suggested this before but while we're on the subject of Trigger characters as Servants, what do y'all think would go down if Shirou summoned Ryuko Matoi from Kill La Kill instead of Arturia? I even wrote her up over in the Modern Fiction thread, in case any of you are curious just how she'd stat up.
    All I know is Rin's going to face palm through her skull upon seeing Senketsu and the sheer skimpiness of it all.

Blog Entries
    ....I mean, wouldn't she just be a souped up Mordred?
    I guess so, only she doesn't have as much of a complex about her femininity and so wouldn't take Shirou's head off the moment he called her a girl.

- - - Updated - - -

All I know is Rin's going to face palm through her skull upon seeing Senketsu and the sheer skimpiness of it all.
    Actually, that reminds me. Was it me or someone else here who proposed the idea of Sakura summoning Senketsu himself as a Rider-Class Servant, with the logic that he "rides" whoever's wearing him? Because that sounds like it could make an awesomely hilarious fanfic. (Rin would facepalm hard enough seeing Senketsu as is, imagine her reaction to seeing him on Sakura!)

True, but his "legend" as the first leader of the Dai-Gurren rebellion would probably give him a considerable conceptual boost. Plus, you'd get to have Sakura playing co-pilot, which wouldn't really be possible with Iskandar.
    I mean, I guess?

Honestly I feel that downplays Lord Genome a lot, since he was probably a lot closer to being the original 'rebel against the anti-spiral'.

Also I feel like Simon's accomplishments after Kamina died would have pretty close to completely overshadowed Kamina's in maybe a couple decades.

The only person who Kamina seemed to have the amount of effect on that you're talking about is Simon. I mean, he undoubtedly left an impression on others too though.

I'd argue Dai-Gurren was more inspired by the hope that Kamina and Simon created by taking on the beastmen as opposed to any real personal charisma.
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Blog Entries
    I mean, I guess?

Honestly I feel that downplays Lord Genome a lot, since he was probably a lot closer to being the original 'rebel against the anti-spiral'.

Also I feel like Simon's accomplishments after Kamina died would have pretty close to completely overshadowed Kamina's in maybe a couple decades.

The only person who Kamina seemed to have the amount of effect on that you're talking about is Simon. I mean, he undoubtedly left an impression on others too.
    I'd argue Dai-Gurren was more inspired by the hope that Kamina and Simon created by taking on the beastmen as opposed to any real personal charisma.
    The capital city of the surface world in part 2 is named after him. I doubt the dude would disappear from people's memory nearly that quickly...

The capital city of the surface world in part 2 is named after him. I doubt the dude would disappear from people's memory nearly that quickly...
    Dude, the kid at the end didn't even recognize hobo Simon.

Kamina's only real meaning as a legend is pretty much attached to Simon helping him.

If Simon's fame was fading that fast I doubt Kamina's going to be more than a footnote in a couple decades.
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Kamina's only real meaning as a legend is pretty much attached to Simon helping him.

If Simon's fame was fading that fast I doubt Kamina's going to be more than a footnote in a couple decades.
    The heroes of tomorrow are always fated to replaced the heroes of today.

Actually, that reminds me. Was it me or someone else here who proposed the idea of Sakura summoning Senketsu himself as a Rider-Class Servant, with the logic that he "rides" whoever's wearing him? Because that sounds like it could make an awesomely hilarious fanfic. (Rin would facepalm hard enough seeing Senketsu as is, imagine her reaction to seeing him on Sakura!)
    Hell, Archer himself would die right on the spot seeing Senketsu on Sakura.

The embarrassment is real.

Blog Entries

It's been a while since I saw that scene, but I'm pretty sure the kid didn't recognize Simon in his current appearance, not that he didn't know who Simon was at all.

Because, while I understand the point it makes thematically ("The heroes of tomorrow are always fated to replace the heroes of today", as LttL quoted), the idea that after one generation people could completely forget about the dude who freaking saved all of humanity from an alien invasion makes no sense whatsoever. It'd be like people in our world forgetting who Churchill, MLK or Neil Armstrong is, only magnified a thousandfold.

Been a while since I saw that scene, but I'm pretty sure the kid didn't recognize Simon in his current appearance, not that he didn't know who Simon was at all. Because the idea that after one generation people could completely forget about the dude who freaking saved all of humanity from an alien invasion makes no sense whatsoever. It'd be like people in our world forgetting who Churchill or MLK is, only magnified a thousandfold.
    I mean, this doesn't sound too unlikely to me?

I imagine there are a ton of people who had large effects on their civilizations that are either completely forgotten or a barely a footnote.
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Blog Entries
    Hell, Archer himself would die right on the spot seeing Senketsu on Sakura.

The embarrassment is real.
    Mystic Body (Embarrassment)- rank EX?

I mean, this doesn't sound too unlikely to me?

I imagine there are a ton of people who had large effects on their civilizations that are either completely forgotten or a barely a footnote.
    Sadly, not everyone gets the respect they deserve.