23 27.38%
  • Keep the current one

4 4.76%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 256789 ... LastLast

Thread: The BL Banner Poll

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    I mentioned sprites, didn't I? Tech made a good banner with nothing more than a sprite.
    Also: Whine whine whine you haven't even tried. There's plenty of good official art, and given it's a banner there's plenty of leeway to crop and collage from multiple sources. Your argument still fails.
    It is highly limiting, though, especially since I don't know what art is "official". Plus, my artistic skills are rather limited, so producing something good given what I have to work with will not be at all easy.

Also, you did say that creating a banner requires a "decent senst of artistic layout", which I entirely lack, so....

(Commissioned art is legally owned by the commissioner AFAIK, so you don't run into copyright issues as you would with random pixiv art)
    Yeah, I know, which is why I included commissioned art in the list of things that were allowed....

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Since we're on the topic of mods:

DP! DP! Results are in, now do something with them!
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The problem is that, whilst the vote pretty clearly supports doing something, there's no clear consensus as to what that "something" should be....

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    It is highly limiting, though, especially since I don't know what art is "official".
    My guess is that "official" art refers to images made by Type-Moon, like the pictures in artbooks or sprites.

Blog Entries
    The problem is that, whilst the vote pretty clearly supports doing something, there's no clear consensus as to what that "something" should be....
    It's pretty clear in the OP, no?

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    How about just a few banner options, and an update whenever someone comes up with something good, or whenever a mod can be arsed to add a new picture?

User selects whatever banner they want, like with the Black Beast of Chaos/regular average BORING forum layout selection thing, anyone who hasn't selected one gets a random one from the pool each time they visit/refresh.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's pretty clear in the OP, no?
    Yeah, but none of the choices got an absolute majority, and so we cannot say with any certainty that any one of the options is preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    How about just a few banner options, and an update whenever someone comes up with something good, or whenever a mod can be arsed to add a new picture?

User selects whatever banner they want, like with the Black Beast of Chaos/regular average BORING forum layout selection thing, anyone who hasn't selected one gets a random one from the pool each time they visit/refresh.
    I would support something like this, but DP seems to think that it's "unfair" because it won't include $generic_high_school_student_54 who appears for one second in the background of one scene and, thus, that the only way to be "fair" is to ignore the less popular characters entirely and have loads of Saber and Rin banners....

Blog Entries
    Irrelevant. Winning choice wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That's stupid, though, particularly since I3uster made the poll, and is biased towards one of the options. I could easily have made a poll with different options and obtained a different result as a consequence.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He's biased towards the option that didn't win though...

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Official art is anything with copyright Type-Moon.

Yeah, but none of the choices got an absolute majority, and so we cannot say with any certainty that any one of the options is preferred.
    Absolute Majority is not required. We just need Simple Majority which (surprise!) has been met.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well Mike, you lost. This is how life works, and yes, life is unfair.

Deal with it.

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    He's biased towards the option that didn't win though...
    Well, regardless, it's ludicrous to look at this poll and decide that the majority of people want a rotating banner with images. I would imagine that most of those who wanted a new BL-tan would prefer the old one with a different picture to rotating banners (and the converse is almost certainly true), and those who voted to keep the current banner would almost certainly prefer the old BL-tan with a new picture.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingeR View Post
    Well Mike, you lost. This is how life works, and yes, life is unfair.

Deal with it.
    I didn't, though. There was no majority in favour of your option, and claiming victory just because the poll was biased towards you (by having 3 options that involve a new BL-tan and only one involving rotating images) is extremely unfair. Further, DP did not make this poll, so I see no reason whatsoever why he should be bound by it, given that it did not even reach a firm conclusion.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Oh give up dude. You ain't winning either way. You're just placing obstacles because you know you already lost.

Blog Entries
    Go make your own forum, with your own banner! And blackjack, and hookers!
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    With a little under 85% having voted for new text/image banners or a new image w/BL-tan in some way or fashion, I'd say taking both of them together makes a fairly dominant majority. Therefore, a logical solution could be to make a few new text/image banners and have at least one of them with BL-tan.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Oh give up dude. You ain't winning either way. You're just placing obstacles because you know you already lost.
    No, I did not "lose". You are just claiming victory because you consider your side to have won, despite there being no official definition of "victory" and the poll being biased towards your side.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    With a little under 85% having voted for new text/image banners or a new image w/BL-tan in some way or fashion, I'd say taking both of them together makes a fairly dominant majority. Therefore, a logical solution could be to make a few new text/image banners and have at least one of them with BL-tan.
    No, because I voted for the option I did precisely because I did not want rotating banners or canon characters. I don't particularly care about BL-tan per-se, I just think that it's better than DP's horribly biased and unfair canon character poll. Your assumption is entirely false.

Further, if that was the correct solution, then why wasn't that option in the poll alongside one with the characters? And why weren't the other possible permutations of "image and text banner" included, given that the BL-tan options are all just subsets of that anyway (the current banner certainly counts as an "image and text banner")?

The "image and text" option won because it was the broadest, not because it was necessarily the most popular. The poll should have included all the different permutations of that, such as one banner or rotating banners, and canon characters, none or a mixture. Hell, rotation was not even explicitly required in the choice.
    Last edited by Mike1984; April 25th, 2012 at 02:08 PM.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    First thing first, I did not vote on this poll nor I intend to. I couldn't care less about what happens with the banner.

Second, you keep assuming things and have no proof of your assumptions. Present proof, then we'll discuss this "unfairness" that you speak of. But at this point, you are just whining about the option you wanted failing. Which you do constantly and all the time in both fics and RPs and whatever.

So I don't see why the mods should have to even care about your unbased complaints anyway.

quotes
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    How is this poll biased? I don't get it. If anything the former poll was biased because the two BL-tan options were one.

In any case, we have a result, and I expect DP to act on that, after all it can also include old BL-tan in a better-drawn form if she gets voted.
    Not having an absolute majority for such a trivial issue is stupid. I just want it changed so that the site banner actually looks pretty for once, and I won't let you get in the way of that just because you like throwing a fit, Mike.

Because honestly, the only thing you always did in the threads discussing the banners was BLOCKING and not doing shit, and that's why I created the poll, to show that people actually want a new banner and so that you can't just suffocate all discussion about it by screaming the loudest. Because it's better to have a tyranny of the majority than the tyranny of one person with a loud organ.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    I find it interesting that the votes are a pretty much perfect 50/50 split between having BL-tan in some shape or form (new BL-tan, new pic, same pic) and not having her (text and image, just text).

Combined, both have 42 people voting for each.

Of course, in a simple vote, text and image wins, with new pic of BL-tan being second with quite a bit of difference between the two.