Page 167 of 858 FirstFirst ... 67117157162165166167168169172177217267667 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    And that's fine. I don't care and disagree with you, but I won't say it's wrong either.
    Darcy is 10/10

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I don't get what's so taboo about other 'anime-ifications' of historical figures. And I do honestly feel it's pretty damn silly to get upset about, for instance, there being a depiction of Blackbeard out there somewhere you don't feel is sufficiently accurate.)
    its not taboo
    i just feel better about my stuff if at the very least the faceclaim isn't anime than it would be if it was
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Faceclaim is the least important thing really.

I personally use it more to quickly "sell" a character concept. Like for example, both my Muramasa and Yosamu(Jirochou and K'Dash) were dark-skinned white haired dudes precisely because i was going for a dumb Emiya comparison.

But thats mostly an extra thing i do it because i know i'm not a particular good writer, so i feel like if i don't use those images i won't be able to translate the "mood" of the character through my writing.

But people like You just post their historical figures and it works because You is honestly a good writer and his sheets, while rare, are super fun.

Last one was Midas right? That one was pretty great.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The funny thing is that the "bearded man choking a lion" statue popularly referred to as a depiction of Gilgamesh has already been debunked as not Gilgamesh.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fate becoming canon by the minute.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    The funny thing is that the "bearded man choking a lion" statue popularly referred to as a depiction of Gilgamesh has already been debunked as not Gilgamesh.
    Even "bearded Sumerian lion guy" is closer to actual Gilgamesh than "blond red-eyes" so I mean the point still stands.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    Even "bearded Sumerian lion guy" is closer to actual Gilgamesh than "blond red-eyes" so I mean the point still stands.
    I think that kind of goes without saying. Insofar as you can even talk about an "actual Gilgamesh" anyways.

I think that kind of goes without saying. Insofar as you can even talk about an "actual Gilgamesh" anyways.
    Wasn't he on the "king list?" But then again that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Blog Entries
    Wasn't he on the "king list?" But then again that doesn't necessarily mean anything.
    They have speculated "historical" dates that Arthur reigned, putting him somewhere around the 500 AD mark. But there's a 90% chance he never existed and was just conflation of a Roman in his stead.
    Then again, maybe ancient Sumerians liked wanking Gil as much as Nasu does.

Blog Entries
    shrapnel's
    I can't escape the edge.

Blog Entries
    Re-did previous sheet, which I deleted. Not much was changed. Also, in anticipation for Agrippina Lily (she was an even more cold-stoned bitch when she was in her teens),

Caster

Appearance (roughly):

Faceclaim:https://twitter.com/torikai_yasu?lang=en

Name: Julia Agrippina
    Title: The Younger, Augusta
    Other classes: Assassin, Ruler
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: Rome
    Theme: Pills N Potions by Nicki Minaj

Parameters:

Strength: D
    Endurance: C
    Agility: D
    Mana: A
    Luck: B

Class Skill(s):

Territory Creation​ (B):
    The skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus.

Caster’s territories are often grand in scale, and full of deadly traps. During Caster’s reign, tournaments to the death were a more regular occurrence than previous rulers, and non-discriminatory.

Item Construction​ (C):
    The skill to manufacture magical items.​

Caster was adequate at crafting poisons and other concoctions to do away with her multitude of enemies.

Personal Skill(s):

Military Tactics (C+):
    Tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat, but, rather, battles where many are mobilized.

Before—and especially—during and after her reign, Caster’s sphere of influence was so vast that she had entire legions beneath her fingertips and knew how to organize them with max efficiency down to the last munifex. As a result, and though she herself never took to the field, Caster is well-versed in the ways of warfare and stratagem, able to analyze, prepare, and conduct plans which make shrewd use of those under her command.

Imperial Supremacy (EX):
    An ability where, due to the dictation of the owner, skills which would otherwise be impossible to possess will be obtained for a lengthy period of time.

For Caster, these ellipse the skills of: ‘Charisma’, ‘Divinity’, ‘Instinct’, and ‘Presence Detection’.

The advanced form of Imperial Privilege, specifically tied to Caster. Can only be used outside of combat and a fair distance from any ongoing battles. Used to better lead those beneath her and keep them as well as herself safe, it manifested from dying to the only one she truly loved.

Despite being aware of her forthcoming death when she was invited to met with her daughter to reconcile, Caster went anyway, still a mother at heart. As a consequence, those she comes to care for will be harder to detect. Those she comes to love, even more so.

Eye of the Mind (D, False):
    A heightened capacity for observation, derived from talent and an innate sixth sense.

Caster was subject to numerous plots upon her life and the lives of those closest to her, surviving, ending, and averting the future possibility of all but one due to her extensively deep knowledge of the political, structural, and militaristic aspects of her empire and those antagonistically against her.

It is rendered useless if Caster does not perceive someone or something as a threat and thus makes her all the more susceptible to ambush. If she does, the success rate for her own ambush attempts is increased.

Noble Phantasm(s):

She, Mother (C, Anti-Personnel):
    Due to Caster’s mastery of suasion, she is able to turn others over to her way of thinking and prevent them from doing her or those she deems as allies any harm, but, little else. Can be protected against if mana is above that of a normal human’s. Though, regardless, it will still instill a sense of doubt within the minds of those targeted, slowly poisoning their mind with her words until they succumb unless they have a steadfast resistance and faith in themselves and their own actions.

Caster could never truly control the emperor she had the largest hand in creating.

I, Agrippina (B, Anti-Personnel):
    Caster is now able to dictate certain actions of those suaded to her way of thought.

Cannot be easily broken.

Augusta (A, Anti-Personnel):
    Those in agreement with her are underneath her complete control, having transitioned from suasion to persuasion to dominance. Nearly impossible to disrupt or otherwise be freed from. If held under her influence long enough, her control over those subjected will become equivalent to having Command Spells by word of mouth.

The title, Augusta, was a Roman title given to only the greatest and most prestigious women of the imperial families. Caster was the only one among the few who received it to fully utilize all of its privileges to great effect.
    Last edited by Historia; March 23rd, 2017 at 08:22 PM.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    they came out
    and like paitouch said
    "gameplay deepest lore"
    To be fair, they did give a bit of an idea of what they're about.
    Avenger: Can easily accumulate grudges and curses within themselves.
    Oblivion Correction: Will not let go of their resentment, even if others forget, and will constantly strive for revenge.
    Self-Replenishment (Mana): They (for whatever reason) constantly get supplied with a bit of magical energy.

(Incidentally, between Mats and Gorgon it's pretty clear Avenger is basically the class for those that carry humanity's darkness, which both fits AM's description to a T and allows for other non-AM servants to be Avengers without it coming off as unfitting (I remember when Edgemond first came out people were annoyed since it was supposed to be a class made exclusively for AM))

Uh, been meaning to post this one for a while now, but I forgot about it. Also, I only just found this thread again after remembering it.

Lancer
    Spoiler:

• Spirit: Richard Milhous Nixon
    • Class: Lancer
    • Alignment: Chaotic Mad (Chaotic Good)
    • Place of Origin: United States of America

Servant Parameters
    Spoiler:

• Strength: A (E)
    • Endurance: A (E)
    • Agility: A (E)
    • Mana: A (E)
    • Luck: A (E)
    • Noble Phantasm: A

Class Skills
    Spoiler:

• Magic Resistance: E

A skill that grants protection against magical attacks. At E rank, spells cannot be canceled, but magical damage taken is slightly reduced.
    Personal Skills
    Spoiler:

• Charisma: E-

The natural talent to command an army that increases the ability of allies in group battles. At E- rank, leadership skills are increased, but the morale of troops decreases extremely, and eventually will bring out the worst in people who have to deal with him.

• Information Gatherer: C+

A skill that allows one to gather information. By planting special devices, Nixon can detect the presence of other Servants, and can listen to the surrounding areas in order to gather information. However, as Nixon himself cannot place these devices without fear of being sensed by an enemy Servant, it is usually the task of the Master to plant these items.

• Mental Pollution: E

A skill that allows one to shut out any mental interference thaumaturgy due to possessing a distorted mentality, while at the same time making it impossible to come to an understanding with individuals who do not possess an equivalent rank of mental pollution. At E rank, it allows for a slight chance that mental interference shall be rendered null.

Throughout his life, Nixon was plagued with the warped notion that he could never get close to anyone and to keep his troubles to himself. That he was doomed to be slandered, double-crossed, unjustly harassed, misunderstood, underappreciated, and that by closing himself off from others, he would remain tough.
    Noble Phantasms
    Spoiler:

• Madman Theory
      The Madman is Loose
      - Anti-Perception: E

The ideology of Nixon's foreign policy, the Madman Theory was created in order to coerce hostile Communist Bloc nations into believing that Nixon was an irrational and volatile person-- a 'madman'. It was hoped that through this theory, those Communist leaders would avoid provoking the U.S., fearing an unpredictable response from the 'madman'.

As a Noble Phantasm, this takes the form of a continuously active 'Mad Enhancement' of an undefinable rank. To Masters, all of Nixon's parameters appear to be A-rank, his class appears to be Berserker, he seemingly has Mad Enhancement rank EX, and looks much more monstrous than he actually is. In reality, none of this is true-- and is merely a bluff used to fool opponents into being intimidated.

An additional effect allows Nixon to ruminate with an aura of power that, upon a proper Luck check, can intimidate enemy Servants. However, this can be bypassed by enemy Servants with a high rank in Magic Resistance.

• Operation "Giant Lance" - Anti-Country: E~A

A secret military operation issued by Nixon in an attempt to convince the Soviets that he would be willing to use nuclear power in order to win the Vietnam War. The sole ace in the hole that Nixon carries as a Servant. Used as a last resort, upon activation, a squadron of five B-52 bomber jets are summoned, loaded with nuclear weapons fully capable of a nuclear strike upon an enemy. It's power is meant to appear obvious to enemy Servants and Masters, and simply summoning the squadron to display them is rather cheap, cost-wise. However, by calling out it's true name, Nixon may activate Operation "Giant Lance" to deal an abysmal blow against an enemy.

When caught for how weak he truly is, most would not expect there to be true worth in this Noble Phantasm. That said, he can only use each bomber's weaponry once, and will forever lose a bomber when expended. Each bomb alone is equivalent to a D rank Noble Phantasm, and the more bombers are used, the more powerful attack-- with a five bomb drop equivalent in power to an A rank Noble Phantasm.

Furthermore, the guns of the bomber jets are functional, and the guns alone may also be called forth by Nixon during battle to act as his main means of regular attacks. ... Of course, as the nuclear power behind this Noble Phantasm has been replaced with powerful magical energy, there are no long-lasting effects to the environment.

Kinda opposite of the Roosevelt sheet I made, but Lancer is basically all about bluffing. He's only really got one strength or two strengths, and basically is terrible in almost every other way. Like with Roosevelt, the main inspiration for all this was Lancer's ideology and foreign policy.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's been a while
    Avenger
    Clytemnestra

Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    STR: B
    END: D
    AGI: C
    MAG: B
    LUCK: C
    NP: A

Class Skills

Avenger (A): The status of one who gathers people’s hatred and grudges onto oneself manifested as a Skill. Those around him will naturally view him as an enemy, but wounds and insults directed towards Clytemnestra are channelled into strength. Eventually, even his own children came to see him as an enemy and conspired to have him killed.

Oblivion Correction (C): The ability to hold onto a grudge, even though others forget. This single minded determination increases the damage dealt by critical strikes in battle.

Self-Replenishment (Mana) (A): The determination of someone who has directed their entire being into avenging themselves. Until they achieve their vengeance, they will produce their own mana, even if it’s only the smallest amounts.

Personal Skills

Best Served Cold (B): A counterattack skill that could be considered the embodiment of patience. The longer the user waits to make their counter, the more powerful it will be. As a consequence, however, the possessor of this skill becomes incapable of forgiveness, all slights must be returned, no matter how trivial. A fitting skill for Clytemnestra, who waited ten long years to avenge himself on his hated husband.

Charisma (B): The ability of a leader to attract others and command loyalty. All those who fight under the user’s banner receive an increase in strength. Though a rare skill for most people, it is exceptionally common amongst Heroic Spirits. A B rank could be said to be the level of leadership possessed by the king of a country. Clytemnestra ruled Mycenae as regent for the absent king for ten years and ruled for a further seven years under his own right.

Divinity (E-): The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a monster rise. It can also decrease due one's dislike for the gods. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called "purge defence" in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig. Clytemnestra is, actually, fully mortal, being the son of Queen Leto and King Tyndareus of Sparta. However, his brother and sister Helen and Pollux, born at the same time as him, are the children of Zeus. As a result, he possesses what might be called ‘residual divinity’, a small smear of godliness on his soul tht exists due to him inhabiting his mother’s womb at the same time as these demi-gods.

Noble Phantasms

Iphigenia
    Axe of the Vengeful Mother

(Anti Unit, A-):
    A beautiful labrys that Clytemnestra uses as his main weapon. A weapon with a fine pedigree, originally owned by Ares, the god of war, who passed it onto Hercules, who in turn gave it as a gift to Queen Omphale. She passed it onto her descendant, King Tantalus of Lydia, Clytemnestra’s first husband. It was stolen from him by Agamemnon when he killed Tantalus and claimed Clytemnestra as his prize, and it was finally used to slay him. Originally a weapon belonging to a god, it is filled with power, being able to sunder the earth and is sharp enough to slice through the air. Additionally, it radiates divine energy like a beacon. Due to it being used as a symbol of royal office for no less than three countries also gives it the authority of kingship. However, being used in an act of hatred and revenge has corrupted it, resulting in its divine light and kingly authority being twisted into blackened, choking flames, which have the power to corrode though all they touch. The blackening has weakened it; however it is still powerful to claim the life of a man considered the leader of all the kings of Greece in one blow whilst being wielded by untrained hands. Originally nameless, Clytemnestra has crowned the axe of his dearest daughter, the death of whom was the final act which spurred him into seeking revenge.

Cthonioi Theoi
    Retribution of the Kindly Ones

(Anti-Unit, EX): A curse that can only be activated on Clytemnestra’s death, due to the legend that after he was murdered, the fearful Furies relentlessly harried his murderer, Orestes, for daring to slay his mother. An ancient, cruel, unstoppable, ostensibly unbreakable vengeance curse that automatically falls upon the one who deals the final blow to Avenger. The curse does not summon the fearful goddesses themselves, but rather mimics the effects of their punishment. The victim is tormented by terrifying hallucinations as the curse drives them into a mental hell from which there is no escape, as their skin is marked and bruised as if they are being struck with invisible whips, and they are stricken with immense pain. The ground and air around them becomes poisonous and rotten, preventing others from even drawing near, and they become unable to quench their thirst or hunger. Eventually the victim dies in unutterable agony. Though powerful, it is possible to cleanse the curse if proper penance is taken and the wrath of the Furies is placated.

Lore
    Dislikes: Agamemnon, other children
    Talents: Patience, trap setting
    Natural Enemies: Orestes, Electra

Clytemnestra is the famous ‘queen’ of Mycenae from the Trojan cycle. The oldest of four quadruplets born to Leto and Tyndareus and/or Zeus, he and his sister Castor were fully mortal, but his brother Helen and sister Pollux were demigods. Consistently in his beautiful brother’s shadow, he was married to the King of Lydia, but shortly afterwards his husband was slain by King Agamemnon of Mycenae, who claimed Clytemnestra as a prize. Thus was planted the seed that would eventually result in murder. At the outset of the Trojan War, the Greek fleet was unable to set sail due to Agamemnon angering the goddess Artemis. To appease her, he decided to sacrifice his daughter Iphigenia to her, and tricked her into attending the ceremony by pretending it was for the purposes of marrying her to Achilles. This was the final straw for Clytemnestra, who plotted revenge, and waited ten years for the war to be over in order to exact it. On Agamemnon’s return, Clytemnestra surprised him in the bath, trapped him beneath a cloth, and killed him with her first husband’s axe. He then proceeded to kill Cassandra, Agamemnon’s concubine, for good measure. He was eventually slain by his son Orestes in revenge, but the crime of killing a parent resulted in the Furies’ curse falling upon Orestes.

CE – The Bloodstained Cloth

"The scent of my lord husband's blood... I must say, nothing really soothes me more. My darling Aegisthus offered to do the deed in my place, but I refused him. Nothing gave me as much pleasure as seeing the shock in his eyes as he died. To have survived that terrible war only to be killed in his own bath! It's so funny, don't you think? Ah, but don't worry Master. You're quite safe, I don't enjoy killing people. Only my lord. And his whore. And I would've liked to get my hands on those brats of mine. And..."

A summoning catalyst, the cloth net Clytemnestra used to trap his husband to prevent him from resisting as he killed him, it is stained with a great quantity of the great king’s blood. In actually, it is far from a normal piece of fabric, as it is enchanted with a curse to rob the strength and will of the person entangled in its folds, in order to ensure that Agamemnon was truly helpless as he died. Clytemnestra carries this cloth into battle, usually keeping it wrapped around his arm, using it to entangle his opponents, and, as he used it back then, rendering them defenceless before his terrible axe.
    Last edited by asterism42; January 5th, 2017 at 10:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Late to the discussion, but for what it's worth, I agree with You.

Nixon: Man, that is a really creative sheet. I actually really love the theme about "bluffing" and deception that you've got going on. Madman Theory is super creative, I'm a big fan. Watergate seems like it has the potential to be a Phantasm, but I think leaving it as a skill is fine. Also, is he just Lancer because his Noble Phantasm is called "Giant Lance?" That's kind of hilarious.

Clytemnestra: First of the many Avengers that are soon to come, I'm sure. And another Reverse-Genderbend, right? (You're also the guy who did that Helen one a while ago if I'm remembering correctly?) Well, I'm not entirely sure how it works logistically (I mean, Clytemnestra and Agamemmnon had four kids together, so...?) But I suppose that's rather irrelevant to the sheet itself. It's pretty cool. Had to google what a Labrys is, but it seems like a pretty neat weapon. Also, is there any way to survive the curse from the second Noble Phantasm, or are you pretty screwed if you kill Cly? Finally, I might just make the cloth a Phantasm.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I mean, Clytemnestra and Agamemmnon had four kids together, so...?)
    Reverse futa magic. If Arturia can be a dad, I don't see how this is any less unbelievable.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I didn't do the Helen sheet
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Nixon: Pretty good and funny sheet. Easily as well-done as mine, I'd say. I agree with 4score that he probably could've had something to do with Watergate as an NP but I suppose that's already covered under Information Gatherer.

Blog Entries
    Purely out of curiosity, if you could somehow pick one (1) of your original Servants to show up in canon, which would it be? I'd pick Don Quixote. She's not only one of my favorites by far, but the discussion of heroism and ideals that she'd entail could easily fit within the Fate franchise's established themes.

Purely out of curiosity, if you could somehow pick one (1) of your original Servants to show up in canon, which would it be? I'd pick Don Quixote. She's not only one of my favorites by far, but the discussion of heroism and ideals that she'd entail could easily fit within the Fate franchise's established themes.
    Not sure I have any that I'm quite happy enough with to be worthy of being canonized, but Hobbes is definitely closest. I've always liked the weird Servants who break rules in some way, and I like my idea of Hobbes as Saber. Plus I think he had a pretty interesting personality and a unique wish, which is key for the Fate-verse.