Page 336 of 858 FirstFirst ... 236286326331334335336337338341346386436836 ... LastLast
Results 6,701 to 6,720 of 17149

Thread: Create-A-Servant 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post
    Also the first contest should be Lucifer (aka Luci-Goosey).
    There was definitely a lot of ideas flying around when it was brought up originally, so I'm with you on this one. How much would our sheets be allowed to vary from the central theme? I know that sounds weird but in the case of a specific character like Lucifer would they all need to be based on Lucifer and the whole fall from heaven or could we go for him as an angel? Perhaps him after the fall?

Quote Originally Posted by chem24 View Post
    So should I postpone my sheet until a swordsman/Saber contest?
    It's your choice. Considering that it might not be a Saber contest you might end up waiting a couple of months. (Wittgenstein Saber is prepared)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Summer Events: Deepest Lore.
    These are my Servant and Master sheets I hope you enjoy reading them:
    Servant And Master Sheets

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlock1110 View Post
    (Wittgenstein Saber is prepared)
    (Is intimidated because I have barely any experience in what makes a good sheet, and I only decided to make my sheet because I suddenly had a feeling they'd appear in FGO one day and I wanted to get that out of my head)

Several months is good enough for me to recover my deleted sheet and get artworks. Not to mention I've suddenly got exams next week...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Vseslav the Sorcerer, Prince of Shapeshifting

"Well, I am a bit wolf, you see?"

Name: Vseslav the Sorcerer. Also known as Vseslav of Polotsk, Volkh Vseslav'evich and Vol'ga.
    Class: Caster
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

STR: D
    AGI: C
    CON: C
    MGI: A+
    LCK: EX

Class Skills

Territory Creation
    This ability doesn't suit Vseslav who spend most of his life vagabounding around the lands, so he's only capable of constructing an average Workshop.

Item Creation.
    Vseslav's style of magecraft has relatively poor compability to inorganic object, so his ability to create Mystic Codes is somewhat limited. It's mostly used to produce enchanted armaments.

Personal Skills

Revelation (Fake)
    Sixth-sense equivalent to Instinct, but accomodating all matters related to achievment of goals. The Rank of this ability slowly deteoritates when Vseslav's second Noble Phantasm is used, reaching lowest point at Rank D. Unlike the normal version of this Skill, it's not an ability to communicate with Heaven, but rather highly evolved form of "regular" Instinct.
    According to the poetic eulogy of Vseslav, from the Tale of Prince Igor, the former was endowed with "prophetic soul" which granted him supernatural awareness and was one of the reasons of his success.

Spellcraft
    Also known as Charodeistvo, thaumaturgical school derived from esoteric knowledge shared by old Slavic Pantheon with their followers. Vseslav is particulary specialized in manipulation of life, he is capable of both harming and healing other people, Servants and even the nature itself, enhance and transform already existing lifeforms (mix animals into chimaeras, for example) or even create completely artificial ones from the scratch (including, but not limited to homonculi and pseudo-Phantasmal Beasts). Due to his outstanding achievments in this field he is bears the title of "Charodei" ("Sorcerer"), equivalent of Archmagus of Magic Association. He is also capable of speaking and controlling animals, summon undead spirits (navs) and attack people with curses.
    Based on his reputation of sorcerer in later folklore traditions, such as epic poetry, and prominence of magic in his life as portrayed in medieval literary works.

Sadistic Constitution
    Ability which augments the user's agression in battle, rising offensive capabilities in expense of defensive abilities. Due to Vseslav's already bestial style of combat he can use this Skill more efficiently than other Servants.
    Based on account from historical chronicles, which characterize Vseslav as violent and eager to shed blood. Might be related to his non-human heritage.

Shapeshifting (Animals)
    Innate talent to transform one's body, unrelated to one's proficiency as a Magus. New forms may require some time to get adjusted to, depending on mentality of a user. Vseslav is capable of transforming in great number of animals (including many extinct ones), but has four most preferable forms possess: "bright falcon" (giant bird of prey), "pike" (in actuality, Megaladon, a species of pre-historic shark), golden-horned auroch and a wolf. He's also capable of partially transforming parts of his body ( sprout wings to fly away, create claws to attack or carapace to defend etc).
    At rank A all forms the user takes can be classified as semi-Phantasmal Beasts, surpassing normal counterparts in physical power. However, he can't transform into Phantasmal Beasts proper, with one exception (see Noble Phantasm entry).
    Shapeshifting is one the most oftenly mentioned abitilites of Vseslav, especially in the Vol'ga epic cycle, where uses many forms (falcon, wolf, auroch, fly and others) in order to defeat tsar Saltyk Savryl'evich and conquer his realm.

Noble Phantasms

Volkodlac - The Beast of Darkness
    Type: Anti-Fortress, Anti-World
    Range: 1-99
    MNT: 1000

The pinnacle of Vselav potential as shapeshifter, Volkodlac, giant wolf-monster, rivaling Dragon Kind in power and size. While bearing resemblance to werewolves and shapeshifters of later ages, it's actually subtype of Divine Beast, born from the union of Zmej (the Serpent, a Slavic Dragon) and human woman.
    In ancient Slavic mythology, Volkodlac is described as Sun- and Moon-devouring creature, which causes eclipses, however it would be more accurate to describe it as Light Eater: like a black hole, his body voraciously absorbs all forms of light: from natural and electric to magial and even the one emmited by other Noble Phantasms. This consumption helps Caster to maintain this form for a longer period of time, and if significant amount of energy might even cause Volkodlac to become even bigger and stronger.
    In combat, Beast of Darkness mostly relies on his immense size and physical power, but he is also capable of emmiting destructive dark substance from his mouth in manner similiar to Dragon's Breath.
    Also, as something shouldn't exist in this time and age mere presence of Volkodlac distorts natural order in his vicinity: it can cause spontaneous natural disasters, warp flow of Mana, thus preventing or hindering magic-users, and instills terror in every kind of living being (might require mental resistance check). Due to this this form can be classified as Anti-World Noble Phantasm, though his destructive capability is on the level of Anti-Fortress.

According to Vseslav, Volkodlac is his "true form", since it has no purpose, while all others are taken in order to function in different environments ("pike" for oceans and seas, auroch for plains and steppes etc.), with human body and intelligence being something he gained as a form of adaptation to civilization. He calls himself super-adaptation life-form, and speculates what he might've originally came to this planet from outer space...

While Vseslav is never identified as Volkodlac explicitely, analysis of accounts about his life and deeds from all major sources, reveals many similiarities to the myth about Sun-Eating Wolf. Also, the shape of the wolf is mentioned most often in stories featuring him being shapeshifter.

Otherworldly Blessing - Gift of Serpents' Heritage
    Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    Range: 0-1
    MNT: 1

According to ancient Slavic believes volkodlacs are endowed with unnaturally high amount of "good fortune" (luck), and Vseslav is not an exception. His LCK is so high that it can act like probability-manipulating curse, and be classified as Noble Phantasm in itself.
    This Noble Phantasm has many potential applications, but the most notable is it's ability to help Caster extricate himself from difficult and dangerous situations, which can be likened to the "plot armor", which allows him to survive even the most dare situations without significant effort on his part.
    However, each such occurence gradually deplete his LCK parameter, causing it to drop from EX to A in 2 uses and going rank down with each subsequent use till it reaches E-rank and can't be used after.
    It should be noted, what it mostly takes effect in situations the outcome of depends on factors which cannot be controlled. For example, is cannot be used to grant him victory in fight (since fighting is mostly about skill and effort, not pure chance), but can help him survive if he's defeated (since survival is something that "just happens").
    While being property of Vseslav's destiny, this Noble Phantasm is represented by a form of small bag which Vseslav wears around his neck. It is filled with serpentine scales, and their amount gives visual representation of how much luck he possess at the moment.
    Caster has no consicious control over this Noble Phantasm and cannot predict how it will manifest, even with his Revelation Skill.

This Noble Phantasm is based on an Volkdlac myth and episode from Primary Chronicle, which tells that Vseslav was born with some anomaly on his body, which was removed by the sorcerer attending his birth; the later also instructed his mother to create amulet from it which he wore around his neck for the rest of his life.

Life in Nasuverse

Prince of Ancient Rus' who lived through most of XI century. Believed to be son of Prince Bryachislav of Polotsk, he actually was his nephew, son of princess Marfa and mysterious Serpent (Slavic Dragon), who appeared before her one night. The princess died in childbirth, but her son lived, and grieving Bryachislav decided to rise him out of sense of duty towards his sister.
    Vseslav grew at abnormal rate, started to talk and walk in less than a month after his birth, which frightened his adopted family. Their fears were bolstered when soon after that he started to show his aggressive nature and magical abilities, and many even talked about killing child-monster. However, before the words managed to transform into action,volkhvs - members an order of magic-users descended from priesthood of old Slavic Gods, appeared before Prince and asked to entrust Vseslav to them. While a century ago the Rus' was converted into Christianity, they still held some power and influence in many cities, such as Polotsk, so Bryachislav agreed.
    Volkhvs seen Vseslav potential and started to educate him in hopes that one day he would help them recover lost power. But their hopes were in vain; as soon as princeling learned everything they could teach him, he immideately turned against the order and drove volkhovs out of the city.
    Soon after this his father died of old age, and since his other children were too young, Vseslav became the ruler of Polotsk. As a Prince Vseslav distinguished himself in many military: he fought the Torks (Turkic nomads), conquered Novgorod by a storm and even managed to become Grand Prince of Kiev for a short period of time. However, none of his triumphs was long-lasting: while Vseslav possessed power, people were hesitant to follow a sorcerer and a monster. He managed to held Polotsk for good 57 years (unprecedented amount of time for that age), but eventually foresaw that decline in Mystery would cause him to lose his power, decided to leave the city on his own therms. He entrusted the throne to his relatives, gathered army of vagabounds and chancers and left in search of new home. According to the bylinas (epic songs) he eventually conquered India the Rich (legendary land, most likely not related to real India at all), but the truth remains unknown to anyone but Vseslav himself...
    Last edited by Blastedspider; July 14th, 2017 at 03:51 PM.

US Friend Code
    Is You going to make the servant contest thread? And if the first theme is Lucifer (Mr. overdone to death) then I'm warning that I just had the most absolute edgy concept come to me several moments ago.

Is You going to make the servant contest thread? And if the first theme is Lucifer (Mr. overdone to death) then I'm warning that I just had the most absolute edgy concept come to me several moments ago.
    Is Lucifer a theme? Seems too specific to me. Plus, I don't know how interested I am in seeing fifteen different versions of the same sheet. But hey, I can't participate this month anyway so it doesn't really matter what I think.

But yeah there seems to be interest so why doesn't someone make a thread. I can do it.

We do need a theme first tho.

For Saber Class Theme vote 1
    For Lucifer Theme vote 2
    Open to other suggestions
    Last edited by 4score7years; July 14th, 2017 at 02:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Vseslav: Vseslav, that names just begs for awful engrish. In Parameters alone this guy is packs a punch, but then again he is a Slavic servant, he NEEDS that D Rank Strength and C Rank Constitution (Endurance?) for squatting. Arriving at the skills I'd like to point out that there are some spelling errors, "arownd" and "time time" in the first class skill description for example, nice addition to Territory Creation by the way. You could explain "enchanted armaments" a bit further, considering how there is quite a bit of material in the Nasuverse already relating to such weaponry, C Rank seems a bit above "average". Four personal skills, then again he seems like quite the multi-talented character. Revelation makes sense even though it usually is related to God, Saints etc. Sadistic Composition, that's meant to be Sadistic Constitution right? If so the description you've provided is very short, there could be more fluff here that could add to the imagery of the character. Was there meant to be a Rank for Shapeshifting? You've gone into quite a bit of detail on the point but he seems pretty unrestricted. Noble Phantasm Time ! It took me a while to come around to your justification of Anti-World, it could be explained a bit better (sorry). Uncontrollable Plot Armour is a very interesting Noble Phantasm, it's really cool and while you could've done a whole Nasuverse Mystery system explanation for it that's not necessary, it makes sense as it is. It could even end up killing Caster by lowering his Luck to E. Overall this is a really good sheet, I haven't seen you post in this thread before so it's quite good for a first sheet (then again.... I'm probably wrong about you posting for the first time), thank you .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 4score7years View Post
    Is Lucifer a theme? Seems too specific to me. Plus, I don't know how interested I am in seeing fifteen different versions of the same sheet. But hey, I can't participate this month anyway so it doesn't really matter what I think.
    Fallacious reasoning, just because you don't participate the first time around doesn't mean you won't in the future. I feel a single character might be a bit too specific as well, that's why I was asking about how much we could vary from the theme (so maybe widening it to a specific point in a mythology or something else would work).

I feel a single character might be a bit too specific as well, that's why I was asking about how much we could vary from the theme (so maybe widening it to a specific point in a mythology or something else would work).
    Yeah yeah yeah, that makes sense. Something like "heroes from X country" or some specific mythology or whatever

but before any of that I think it is probably best to do a simple one, so I'm going to vote 1 in my own poll for now

Blog Entries
    Forgot about the poll.... I'll go with 1 as well, because although it is the logical decision I have no good Saber class ideas

US Friend Code
    Both 1 and 2 are both great for me, can't really decide which one to go for though...

Oh yeah, once the poll is finished, we should probably have the losing theme go second.

Y'know sherlock, I thought you had a saber prepared?

Both 1 and 2 are both great for me, can't really decide which one to go for though...

Oh yeah, once the poll is finished, we should probably have the losing theme go second.

Winner gets to pick the next theme

that's why it's good to win

Blog Entries
    Well I was making a Wittgenstein's poker joke

Spoilered for Size

Credit: https://www.facebook.com/The-Same-Ph...0367283117976/

Winner gets to pick the next theme

that's why it's good to win
    Doesn't that make it more likely that the same person would win multiple times? They could cherrypick the themes that would suit them best, it doesn't necessarily incentivise people to write good sheets anyway.
    Last edited by sherlock1110; July 14th, 2017 at 03:24 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    To be honest, the more thought I give this the more I'm not sure if a tournament is really a good idea.

As fun as it sounds, I think forcing all the entries to fit some particular theme (even just Class), would really dampen the amount of inspiration to write up sheets. Plus if sheets have to meet a specific deadline to be posted up that's just asking for rushed and slap-dash entries (saying this as someone who tends to procrastinate to Hell and back for my own work).

I suppose it's not necessarily a bad idea (since it seems to have worked pretty well for that Magus thread), but speaking as a regular here, I'm not exactly crazy for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Really though, I'm saying this because the next Servant I've been working on is an Assassin and I'd hate to have to sit on it for like 7 months before being able to post it up here...

Totally not Eldritch WhatShouldNotBe's Avatar
    It's really just an optional thing. You can still post normal servants.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Vseslav.
    Thank you, sherlock1110, your feedback is greatly appreciated. I fixed most egregorious mistakes and typos, changed/expanded the definition of skills, also added some notes about the sources they are based on. Hope it makes it better.

EDIT: Actually, you a right. It's 1st time I'm posting in this thread, although I used to do it more often in previous version.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    To be honest, the more thought I give this the more I'm not sure if a tournament is really a good idea.

As fun as it sounds, I think forcing all the entries to fit some particular theme (even just Class), would really dampen the amount of inspiration to write up sheets. Plus if sheets have to meet a specific deadline to be posted up that's just asking for rushed and slap-dash entries (saying this as someone who tends to procrastinate to Hell and back for my own work).

I suppose it's not necessarily a bad idea (since it seems to have worked pretty well for that Magus thread), but speaking as a regular here, I'm not exactly crazy for it.
    I dunno. I see what you mean, but I might actually work more intently under a deadline since I actually have to finish at some certain point. Plus, a theme might keep me from wandering from idea to idea without settling on anything.

Might as well try it out, right? If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. If there is some sort of change needed to make it work smoother, it's easy enough to make that change.

Does that make sense?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    Thank you, sherlock1110, your feedback is greatly appreciated. I fixed most egregorious mistakes and typos, changed/expanded the definition of skills, also added some notes about the sources they are based on. Hope it makes it better.

EDIT: Actually, you a right. It's 1st time I'm posting in this thread, although I used to do it more often in previous version.
    Aw, thanks . It was already a pretty great sheet (Slavic mythology is strange, I know very little about it) but if there was even minor improvements I could help with I'm happy, thank you.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I have nothing to do with this Servant Contest
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I have nothing to do with this Servant Contest
    Technically the Mage contest inspired this one.

But yeah, I'm going to set it up.

Should be up some time tonight, probably.

Double posting, but I'm donzo. The thread is up. here.

My first thread, so that's cool. Even though I ripped off You's intro, it still took longer to put together than I thought it would, since my computer shut down on me and I had to redo it.

Regardless, it is here. Time to finally see whether or not this idea will actually work. It might or alternatively it might not. How thrilling. Truly, these are exciting times in which we live.
    Last edited by 4score7years; July 14th, 2017 at 11:46 PM.

US Friend Code
    Regardless, it is here. Time to finally see whether or not this idea will actually work. It might or alternatively it might not. How thrilling. Truly, these are exciting times in which we live.
    You see, this kind of mentality is what we call "yolo".