Page 7001 of 7876 FirstFirst ... 6001650169016951699169966999700070017002700370067011705171017501 ... LastLast
Results 140,001 to 140,020 of 157513

Thread: Questions, questions and more questions (READ THE OP FOR ANSWERS)

you look at artoria and jeanne and tell me its not partially true

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    you look at artoria and jeanne and tell me its not partially true
    Touche. Although I will note that even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    I mea "Holy Grail" is just a label for objects of approximately limitless power.

Does the fact there are so many really make such artifacts less special?

- - - Updated - - -

Naturally. Apoc runs entirely on the logic that more and bigger = better
    Then what stops people from just grabbing one of the hundreds and making their wishes come trueee

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvie View Post
    Then what stops people from just grabbing one of the hundreds and making their wishes come trueee
    They don't all grant wishes. 726 have been identified, but we don't know what they are or do. The Fuyuki Grail is the one vessel that supposedly does it (and that's not really what it does either).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

US Friend Code
    "Holy Grail" is the term used for anything with a shit ton, near infinite, amount of magical energy. That's what there's 726 of.
    For the specific Holy Grail fought over in the Fuyuki HGW, there's only one, the Greater Grail. It's the only one that has the wish aspect.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Regarding an Alignment like Water, what attributes or types of spells would be associated with it?

I understand the Matou Absorption attribute is related to Water but how does that work?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Regarding an Alignment like Water, what attributes or types of spells would be associated with it?

I understand the Matou Absorption attribute is related to Water but how does that work?
    Kayneth, who possesses the two attributes water and wind, a feat rare even among magi, excels in the art of manipulating flow, which is shared between these two attributes. He thus created this unique Mystic Code, using mercury filled with magecraft as his weapon, and controls it at will.
    "Huh…? That old man is a blood-sucking monster…?"
    "Yes. The magic of the Matou family is absorption. I hear that Matou Zouken, a magus from six generations back, was a prominent bug user."

…?
    Using bugs… That doesn't mean his familiar is a bug, right?
    Or… another way to use bugs is…

"Hold on. By bug user… do you mean like guys who use bugs as a medium for poison? Like, putting in hundreds of poisonous bugs in a pot, and using the last surviving one as a curse…?"

"No, that is wrong. From the start, cursing is outside of the Makiri's area of expertise.
    The results of their magic always return to their bodies.
    Cursing others would only result in mutual destruction."

"…Then he's using bugs as familiars?"

"Yes. Matou Zouken is merely a monster who feeds on the blood of others.
    I hear that he kept his youth by transfiguring his body and sucking blood, and that he has lived for a few hundred yearsbut…
    Based on what I heard from Rin's father, he is now on the verge of death, and can no longer walk in broad daylight."
    As long as he serves this Master, Lancer will never start a fight.
    This is no exception, and he is to investigate the Ryudou Temple.
    If that is the case, why is his lance in his hand?
    His weapon, his Noble Phantasm, can be summoned whenever needed.
    There is no need for him to hold his lance when there is no enemy before him.

"Damn, what a racket. I thought Caster was the master of wind, but maybe she used water instead. This place is crawling with leeches and spiders"

He walks through the temple.
    He seems too vulnerable and defenseless to be a Servant.
    He is so defenseless that ifthis is an ifthere is another Servant here, he would be attacked and killed in an instant.

"But who knows? Maybe the head has been replaced.
    There's nothing here but rotten insects. It's your habitual practice to nest on deserted houses."
    absorption = stuff flows back to moi
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Interesting. Since Water generally has the manipulation of flow aspect to it, can it be used offensively as well?

Is it only good for Absorption?

Like if you're an alchemist type of magus, how might having Water as your alignment be used with like alchemy or something?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Interesting. Since Water generally has the manipulation of flow aspect to it, can it be used offensively as well?

Is it only good for Absorption?

Like if you're an alchemist type of magus, how might having Water as your alignment be used with like alchemy or something?
    To find that out you need to learn about the role and symbolism of water in alchemy by going to google scholar or your public library.

Heine has the dual element fire and water and is an alchemist. He uses gasoline as an example of a liquid (water) which has properties of fire.
    And he has this concoction that makes a fire which produces ice.
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

So i heard Rm’s cant stay up for very long, why?

and would something sinilair like the other world type area that medea constructs would it also not be able to stay up long like a Rm

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvie View Post
    So i heard Rm’s cant stay up for very long, why?

and would something sinilair like the other world type area that medea constructs would it also not be able to stay up long like a Rm
    Reality Marbles require you to actively suppress the existing world to be able to replace it with your own. If you stop supplying magical energy, the world pushes back enough that your marble goes poof.
    The time limit is mostly just because it's a very expensive spell, in other words. Shirou had to partner up with Rin to even get enough magical energy to keep it up in the first place.

For more permanent constructions, you can probably just make them run off of the local mana by hooking up to a leyline or whatever. That'll also eventually run out, but it's the difference between powering a lightbulb with a bicycle and powering it with a coal-burning power plant - the former is more eco-friendly, but good luck keeping it up 24/7.

I'm not sure how Medea did her work, but she's also really good at what she does so I'd expect it to last for exactly as long as she intended it to. (Also, she's in a good spot for leylines and has a bunch of energy from her shenanigans.)

祖 Ancestor
    So what are the limits of Shakespeare's enchant skill?
    He turned a katana wielded by a rather famous person into a C rank noble phantasm but is it only restricted to non-magical stuff or can it be used to upgrade NPs? In FGO's gameplay it's a buster buff but I'm not going to assume that it's gameplay function translates to lore.

US Friend Code
    For the most it is as seen. You could probably have something magical get upgraded but at most it will still just be a C Rank NP.

Though Shakespeare does seem to be able to do other stuff with his skill, though it's a bit meta
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Shakespeare himself is meta. He's the sort of Servant who could make or break the war, or else end up doing nothing useful at all.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    So what are the limits of Shakespeare's enchant skill?
    He turned a katana wielded by a rather famous person into a C rank noble phantasm but is it only restricted to non-magical stuff or can it be used to upgrade NPs? In FGO's gameplay it's a buster buff but I'm not going to assume that it's gameplay function translates to lore.
    The description of the skill indicates it can also boost the abilities of the master. Chiron in the Apocrypha event noted he could also use it on servants, so the rank C stuff is probably because realistic speaking, a master of Shakespeare will be by himself and the best he could find would be an old weapon, but in team fights, he will be boosting already powerful stuff to a level even further beyond.

And as if that wasn’t enough, his writing impacts in reality regardless of how impossible it is, but only if it’s interesting to him

It’s certainly not bad, good even. But I would probably take conceptual improvement over it any day.

can primordial runes Ignore magic resistance?

And how powerful are they compared to like Divine words.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    depends on the spell and the user
    same with divine words

Hey! so question.
    so according to this
    "It's not that her MR is sophisticated or anything.

What Sabre does to resist spells is similar to what magi do: fill your circuits with prana and repel the spells thrown at you. Everyone can do it, except when Sabre does it, it is MR Rank A.

It all comes down to the Dragon Nuclear Reactor being totally imba."
    Magic resistance isnt just " I repel spell becuz i do" its more like theres an actual reason?
    So Lets say someone else has a magic resistance of A, Would it have the same affects as sabers?

It's different for different servants

for example I think Musashi's MR is "I cut the magic" or something

the effect is the same though, that being not affected by the magic spell