Page 13 of 302 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

Blog Entries
    Oh, I just assumed meaning of birth was on there since it's probably one of the best fate fics on the Internet. Also, on phone. Cannot into formatting or links. Apologies.

+1 objective emiya
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    I'd add it myself but I haven't even read it.

Blog Entries
    Basic idea: kotomine - shenanigans

humor

it's on ff.net. When I actually get to my computer I'll link it
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    -1 to God Slaying Blade Works. Stupid author has no grasp on Shirou's character and has bastardized canon in more than one reference.
    Last edited by YeOfLittleFaith; November 28th, 2012 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    I can't take you seriously when you use "stoopid".

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    I can't take you seriously when you use "stoopid".
    -_-'

Fixed, so please take me seriously. The author really does have no idea about Shirou, is disregarding the development of his character during HF (this is a post-HF fic), and is generally portraying him in a very unbelievable manner.
    He also still has a problem with walls of text and makes obnoxious references to details of the Nasuverse neither Shirou or Illya should really know about in their points of view.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Love you hon.

Death is only the stepping stone to success. Santo's Avatar
    Well, votes are important eh?

-1 to God Slaying Blade Works. The premise is interesting but walls of text that give great detail to things that are completely unrelated to the story (How Shirou would fight Gilgamesh[who he never met in HF] if they were to meet for some reason. Several hundred words of Ilya comparing herself to Lorelei Barthomeloi), hamifisted Nasu-style exposition (with latest chapter having no less than three walls of text that could have been simply taken wholly out without harming the narrative in any way), increasingly wrong characterization, and conveniently forgetting canon, have sapped all the things I liked of it.

I would normally not give it a minus and just go on my merry way, but the latest chapter honestly ticked me off. Shirou is not only very knowledgeable about the Nasuverse's more obscure workings, but he knows about Types and has decided he has apparently become one. Not only that but he is a manipulator, strategist, and actor to put Archer to shame.
    Last edited by Santo; November 28th, 2012 at 01:34 PM.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    That... oh god that sounds terrible.

-1 God Slaying Blade Works
    It's written by one of those people whose only knowledge of the Nasuverse comes from the highly incorrect infodumps in In Flight.
    The author doesn't really know what he's talking about when it comes to canon and doesn't really seem to understand Shirou's mentality post Heaven's Feel True
    As a standalone story after some sort of alternate Holy Grail War it might seem okay, but the author seems intent on thrashing canon events like GB did

Hot damn this looks nice now. All give your thanks for DP for implementing the tag.
    It does, but shouldn't downvotes also be compressed? It's easier to count that way. Also, some fics are bound to get a ton of those.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six mangafreak7793's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    +1 to Flecting, Evangel Notes, F/ID, Arashi's Soul Resonance, and Vesper's wizard's hat.

Teasing the Penguin God!

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    It does, but shouldn't downvotes also be compressed? It's easier to count that way. Also, some fics are bound to get a ton of those.
    I leave out anything that's a link (that's why some upvotes are also uncompressed). Half because I wanna emphasize votes with reasonings and half 'cause technical limitations with how the [collapse] tag works. Since all downvotes are links, that makes'em all uncompressable.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    So then, you'd also retain the names for upvotes that have serious comments? I'll probably do that for my + votes here in a bit.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    So then, you'd also retain the names for upvotes that have serious comments? I'll probably do that for my + votes here in a bit.
    All names are retained. Click the +Xs.
    But yes, votes with meaningful commentary don't get hidden under the +X.
    Last edited by Kyte; November 28th, 2012 at 03:20 PM.

黒いスサノヲ, Black Susano'oh IhaxlikeNoob's Avatar
    Damn Kyte good job, Darples too.
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Okay let's do dis

+1 for Lancer Gets Serious: Bloble's first major story! He's a bit slow to update, but he manages to pack plenty of great scenes into each chapter, not to mention his cool characterization of Lancer himself. It really delivers on the title's promise, with more depth than just "Lancer being badass."

+1 for Untouchable: I3uster manages to make a story that, while based around events and characters that have little to do with established canon, captures the atmosphere of the setting well - it actually reminds me more of Tsukihime than Fate, though it heavily involves magi. I3uster shows that he can create characters and develop them, and he leaves readers wanting more. If only he'd update regularly, the bastard!

Will probably post more like these later.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Guess I'll chime in and say +1 to Lunatique, Dear Tohsaka, Hill of Swords, Wizard Hat, Njeri, and Xth Loop.
    So to elaborate:

Lunatique: Short, sweet, somehow contains wonderful characterization despite the fact that we have really very little on the characters within to go with. Moczo tends to write the crazyawesome aspects of the Nasuverse in extremely believable, approachable ways.

Dear Tohsaka: The first Nasuverse fanfiction I've read and the only one to get me truly emotional. The format for the story is simple and effective. It also paints a picture to a scenario that I would never have considered on my own, but once presented with it you can't help but think "what if?" I'm not sure anyone could come up with a more emotional, devastating answer than this.

Hill of Swords: The pacing is off. The characterization of Shirou-turning-into-Archer is absolutely wrong (Gleefully explaining that Shinji died? Really?). Stupid euphemisms. Some big misses on canon. Also, some awkward infodumps. Despite all that, this story is epic. It has a cohesive plan throughout that in a second read-through comes across as absolutely deliberate and thought out. The main characters have some wonderful growth and development, all in ways that are believable and could challenge the canonical ZnT execution. And nobody writes action quite as awesomely as GB can.

Wizard Hat: The kind of story where you can only really read one of them per world and have it work. The humor is highly reliant on your meme and pop culture sort of knowledge, though it executes things in a way that doesn't actually feel forced. It's silly, but the sort of silly that makes you drop your guard just enough before slamming you with something truly glorious and entertaining.

Njeri: Introspective, contemplative, yet without suffering from talking heads syndrome. It's hard to explain, but there's a whimsical, lyrical, and melancholy feel that permeates this story, something that doesn't hit you externally but seeps into your skin through your pores and jabs lightly at your emotions subtly. Also, it really has a unique tale to tell, something I rather doubt anyone could replicate to any level of satisfaction. Illya is so underutilized in fanfiction and this is one of those stories that helps alleviate that gap.

Xth: Kind of like Hill of Swords, the premise to this story is one that kind of begs to be explored if you're aware of both universes. While I could complain things go by a little fast, IRUN still tends to keep a good balance of characterization and interaction with the lets-do-cool-things-together aspect of a lot of crossovers.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Is this your secret plan so your name doesn't get hidden with the rest of the rabble? :V

Blog Entries
    Is this your secret plan so your name doesn't get hidden with the rest of the rabble? :V
    I don't think he needs to, he's got plenty of fic's pretty high up there, sure they're not right next to freaking Chaos Theory but they're not at the bottom either.

Spoilered for your convenience

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Or he just knows that Sakura's vagina isn't the scary place everyone else thinks it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    A good box is like a good woman: thick, sturdy, and easy to get into.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Breasts aren't made of concrete. They do change shape- gravity, orientation, momentum.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I am thy lord thy canon pairing. Thou shalt not have any other pairings before me.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblueknighto View Post
    Horrible people don't like bacon.
    Holy shit man you're magical.
    Words don't have genders you illiterate fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    I am 100% uncultured swine.
    We now live in a world where a Final Fantasy VII remake will exist before the Tsukihime remake.