Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Holy shit I updated.
    Petri look at the Empty Attachment entry. Technically goes against my rules but it was worth it.

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    I would also like to give a +1 to Want and Need.

It has a pretty cool 'ripple effect' idea with different Servants and their classes. I love the interactions the characters have, and its pretty fun to see Lancer/Enkidu and Waver work together with Rider tagging along from time to time.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousMan View Post
    I would also like to give a +1 to Want and Need.

It has a pretty cool 'ripple effect' idea with different Servants and their classes. I love the interactions the characters have, and its pretty fun to see Lancer/Enkidu and Waver work together with Rider tagging along from time to time.
    I agree. +1 to Want and Need. Kyte, I once asked if you knew any good fanfics where the Grail War was rebalanced in a sense. This is a lot like I was looking for. I find myself interested and caring for each protagonist and their Servant. Except Tokiomi. And its an interesting subversion that the person who is being betrayed saw it coming a mile away behind a cutesy exterior. She really seems like the mage her father describes her as.

Blog Entries
    +1 to 'Want and Need'. And I'd also like to retract my +1 for 'From Fake Dreams'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Elf, dealing fanfic crack for Beast Lair since 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    Elf: Crack Dealer. Story at eleven.
    'Fae is Foul' - My SAO/ZnT Crossover fanfic (SB Thread) (FFN Link)

Blog Entries
    +1 to Want and Need.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patcheresu View Post
    I agree. +1 to Want and Need. Kyte, I once asked if you knew any good fanfics where the Grail War was rebalanced in a sense. This is a lot like I was looking for. I find myself interested and caring for each protagonist and their Servant. Except Tokiomi. And its an interesting subversion that the person who is being betrayed saw it coming a mile away behind a cutesy exterior. She really seems like the mage her father describes her as.
    Who's being betrayed?
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Who's being betrayed?
    Manaka, I believe.

She knows Sancraid is faking being helpful and friendly so that he can stab her in the back down the road.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Manaka, I believe.

She knows Sancraid is faking being helpful and friendly so that he can rape her in the back down the road.
    Fixed, of course.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Well here's another recommendation

Stitches
    By Farmer Kyle
    Genre: Drama
    Crossover: Bleach
    Summery: For a history project, Ichigo travels to Fuyuki City to gather local information after an awry Hollow attack destroys the school. He heads to Ryuudou Temple to learn of its history, only to stumble into a secret war that has been waged for almost two centuries. This is the story of a boy trying to find his place in the world, and the girl who stitches the pieces back together.
    Pairings: None so far
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8637591/1/Stitches

When Farmer Kyle offered to take this specific challenge, I didn't have much faith in it. Most of the people who took my challenges or were 'inspired' by me either did the same format for the genre or just straight up copied scenarios with their own special twist. Hell, the challenge itself was just made on a whim when I was bored. However this fic exceeded my expectations by leaps and bounds, becoming its own thing. Kyle captures Ichigo's personality when he was de-powered perfectly, and his interactions with Assassin are heartwarming. The same Bleach humor is still there, and the characters stay mostly in-character (never mind the brief slip-ups that are always bound to occur). This story has lots of potential, and I have faith in what Farmer Kyle has planned for the future.

So yeah, +1 from me.

And before you ask I'm recommending this because its good, not because its a challenge-taker of mine. Otherwise I wouldn't have dared to recommend it here.
    Last edited by TheInfamousMan; August 15th, 2013 at 07:52 PM.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I must also add my +1 to stitches as well. The concept is interesting, especially the chosen Servant. The character dynamics between Ichigo and his Servant are very interesting, especially her term for him. I hope the updates come by quickly and smoothly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Koori is a miracle of the forum.

Seriously.

This fandom needs more happily gay men.

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    +1 to Stitches from me as well

It's just update speed that might turn some people off.
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Blog Entries
    Having read it, I'll reserve my vote for Stitches for now.

The writing (IMO) is solid, there is a distinct lack of overpoweredness... kinda? on both sides, the character interactions are good, and the concept behind it does make sense. Like what TheInfamousMan stated, there are a few slip-ups, but this fic has potential. (and plus, it's own of the few Bleach fics that I'm beginning to like)

US Friend Code
    +1 to Stitches for once Ichigo is kept in character, I also look forward to when we get to see the confrontation between Ichigo and Assassin, about her eating people's souls.

Quote Originally Posted by rajvir View Post
    +1 to Stitches for once Ichigo is kept in character, I also look forward to when we get to see the confrontation between Ichigo and Assassin, about her eating people's souls.
    Yeah, that's what ticked me off about a good majority of Bleach fics. Ichigo became a Gary-stu that curbstomped everyone. No competition or anything. Plus, I always thought that it was a waisted opportunity that everyone ignores Ichigo being de-powered after the war because it opened so many possibilities. And Farmer Kyle nailed the angst that came from that phase!
    Current Works:

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

I'm not that impressed for now. Perhaps it will improve later.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Name: Goddes of Hope
    By Dminion
    Genre Adventure
    Type: Crossover between Fate/Zero and Puella Magical Madoka (post ending of PMM)
    Summary: The Goddess Madoka is summoned instead of Gilgamesh for the Fourth Grail war and thus the events of said war are forever changed.
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8458095/...oddess-of-Hope

+1 from good characterization of all the involved, no one is out of character, Madoka might arise suspicion as OOC but check her skill set, *tries* to help both Toikiomi and Kirei.

Eh, I don't really like it. Madoka feels too preachy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

I had high hopes, but all I can see is a pseudo-omniscient fixer Sue.

D rank at best.

Blog Entries
    I'm in agreement with Kurodora and Fafnir, especially on the "pseudo-omniscient fixer Sue" bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    I had high hopes, but all I can see is a pseudo-omniscient fixer Sue.

D rank at best.
    I am going to assume you have not watched Puella Magical Madoka, in short that is NOT a MORTAL that Madoka is not the "Mortal" Madoka, she is by all means a goddess and the abstract concept of hope, thus is her role to bring hope where there is none, that is pretty much in a nutshell the end of Magical Madoka and thus why she has EX ranked Saint, and ranks on Discernment of the Poor and Charisma.
    Last edited by Duncan Idaho; August 15th, 2013 at 12:38 PM.