Page 113 of 302 FirstFirst ... 1363103108111112113114115118123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    I'd +1 it, but it doesn't have a summary yet. Anyone else want to write it?
    "You Can [Not] Press Sword to Befriend."
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Random thought, but if we're looking for a specific type of fic, should we post about it here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Now I'm thinking of a magus who uses calories to compensate for poor magical circuit quality. Hell, turning food into prana sounds pretty awesome on its own.
    And thus you've reinvented the Akimichi family in Nasu.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Oh god-damn it I've been thinking of Choji, haven't I?
    Ayup

- - - Updated - - -

I'd +1 it, but it doesn't have a summary yet. Anyone else want to write it?
    I haven't gotten around to updating (again) :V

- - - Updated - - -

Random thought, but if we're looking for a specific type of fic, should we post about it here?
    Don't see why not.

Just don't expect responses.

Sooo..... is Lyrical Days a seperate fic from whatever it came from?

An AU of Hero's fic. Kiritsugu takes a more active roll. Fate handles *SPOILER*Shirou's kidnapping a little differently. Things snowball from there.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Another rec: To Tame a Magus, by Bloble

Summary: A ZnT/FSN Crossover. Now, most of the ZnT crossovers I've read are almost always "Look how awesome [insert character here] is, and watch him/her one-up everyone/everything" or something. This fic is unique in that it does away with that, as Louise's new familiar is none other than Shinji Matou, in all his Shinjirific glory. This fic is still pretty new as of writing (4 chapters), but the writing is solid, the premise is much more interesting than most other ZnT crossovers, and everyone is reasonably in-character. Definitely worth a read.

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

To Tame a Magus +1

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    +1 to Tame.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors gwonbush's Avatar
    And another +1 for To Tame a Magus. The dynamic between Louise and Shinji is unique and I'm really interested with the hints of the changes to the larger wold of ZnT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    I am of the personal belief that the Tsukihime Remake is two years from release. It will remain as such until a release date is announced, at which time its actual release date is 6 months after that date.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Went Left, Mind Flayers By Arashi_Lionheart

Featuring the Type-Moon comedic relief on their own adventure, without their ridiculously overpowered Main Character friends. Arihiko, Satsuki, Nanako, Issei, Shinji and Ayako venture off of a wooded trail one night and run into monsters. Set post-Ciel Route and post-UBW True. A nice bit of character interaction where the background characters get thrust into a surreal and horrifying situation that seems to happen everywhere in the Nasu-verse and respond to it in the same way any sane person would, they run the hell away (in a fashion that oddly reminds me of Scooby Doo).
    Last edited by Mattias; September 13th, 2013 at 08:44 PM.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors gwonbush's Avatar
    +1 To Went Left
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    I am of the personal belief that the Tsukihime Remake is two years from release. It will remain as such until a release date is announced, at which time its actual release date is 6 months after that date.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    +1 to Went Left

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it's Arihiko. Not Akihiko. The one Akihiko I know of is a Persona character, not a Type-MOON one.

- - - Updated - - -

And Ciel.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    +1 to Went Left.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    +1 Went Left.

While I'm here, +1 to:
    Long: Chaos Theory, Tainted Ideals, Maybe I'm a Lion, The Xth Loop, Want and Need
    Short: Sick Time, Lunatique, Mind of Aluminum, Mirror Mirror
    Lemon: Fate/Far Side (Kohaku route best route), Ever Illusive Utopia, Didn't Even Make It series, Nice Boat.

+1s that have reviews:

I Am Not There by Arashi - My ABSOLUTE favorite fanfic, ever. It's sad, but in a reminiscing kind of way, and somewhat heartwarming as well. There's not much else I can say about the story without spoiling it, other than it literally made me cry.

Chaotic Experience by Santo - One of the best fluff pieces I've read. Very cute and heartwarming. It gets a bit sad at the end, in a way that highlights Shirou's trauma from the Fuyuki Fire. Also, more Ayako is always nice

Another Day At the Office Riven's Avatar
    +1 to Went Left

Blog Entries
    +1ing Went Left as well, it should be no surprise by now that Arashi did it again.

Spoilered for your convenience

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Or he just knows that Sakura's vagina isn't the scary place everyone else thinks it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    A good box is like a good woman: thick, sturdy, and easy to get into.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Breasts aren't made of concrete. They do change shape- gravity, orientation, momentum.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I am thy lord thy canon pairing. Thou shalt not have any other pairings before me.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblueknighto View Post
    Horrible people don't like bacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Holy shit man you're magical.
    Words don't have genders you illiterate fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    I am 100% uncultured swine.
    We now live in a world where a Final Fantasy VII remake will exist before the Tsukihime remake.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    +1 to Went Left

+1 to Went Left

Hello there, me.

+1 to both Went Left and To tame a magus.

Went Left, Mind Flayers is a crossover from UBW true and Ciel true scenarios, my favorite endings for the two novels, and it will give (probably) some love to Ciel, so this is a given for me to +1ing it. But let's explore it a bit more. The main focus of the story aren't the established badasses (Shirou, Shiki, Rin and Ciel), but the supporting cast, those that had little to no part in the story (except Shinji). It also handles the characters very well, showing how most of us think they would behave. Shinji is still an asshole, but now it seems a harmless asshole, as post-UBW Shinji should be, in Nasu's words. Arihiko is as bro as ever, Issei as responsible to a fault, etc.

It's too easy to think FatexTsuki crossover and write, by default, a story where Shirou and Shiki are badassering their way through Dead Apostles. What Arashi did, on the other hand, is more appealing, in my opinion.

About To tame a Magus, well, the premise doesn't have any right to appeal me as much as it does. It pairs two of the less sympathetic characters I know (and one of the characters I usually dislike the most, Louise) and it works! Shinji and Louise are going to confront each other as much as posible and then some, I foresee. Not directly, maybe, specially after the last chapter, and it either makes them mature or it would kill them. And honestly, I'm fine with both endings, because in this case most than ever, it matters most the journey than how it ends.
    Last edited by Ergast; September 14th, 2013 at 08:28 AM.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

God have mercy on my rolls... Servant Shiki's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Noir
    +1 for Went Left.
    Lancer x Archer OTP
    Spoiler:

Wait, Went Left wasn't listed until now? +1, definitely. Heck, Vampire!Satsuki alone is worth +1, before getting to things like good writing and the rest of the cast.
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.