Page 171 of 302 FirstFirst ... 71121161166169170171172173176181221271 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

Blog Entries
    I'd like to give a plus 1 (+1) to Fate EMIYA, by darkeldar (the famous 'Gilgamesh Tries His Hand At' author)

Title: Fate EMIYA

Author
    :
    darkeldar

Official Blurb: This is a story of a man, who more than anything else, believed in his ideal, and was betrayed by it, driving him to despair.

Recommendation:
    From the admittedly uninspired & overused title style, you might assume this work is just another piece of FFnet flotsam- but don't be fooled. Despite the premise being yet another Alternate HGW, the story is told from the perspective of Shirou's life after the AU HGW.

Not only is the author's blurb almost as badass as Fate Alter-Time's blurb was (before it's author, Leo Novum wimped out and nuked his work), darkeldar's story writing itself flows really well when he's working on a serious work, and I can feel a very high degree of immersion. Potentially one of the better Nasuverse FF authors still writing today.

Although I haven't seen any novel concepts or ideals that would make Fate EMIYA even more distinctive, the fit, polish, and excellent execution it already has easily places it in the top 5% of Fate/Stay Fanfiction.

If I had to recommend a all-around good multichapter fic still in progress (without knowing too much about the reader's history/taste/preferences & biases), it would be hard to decide between this and Chaos Theory. Probably this, because darkeldar updates a little faster than Moczo. But not that much faster : (

Also, first time I've seen that pairing in a serious multi-chapter work- and it's done rather believably.

Pairing(s):
    Go read the work, mongrel.
    Seriously, go read it.
    Its totally another Gilgamesh/Saber fic that Artee & her army of sockpuppets writes.

Okay, its not, at least not yet (I'd probably drop darkeldar permanently if he did that), but you, mongrel reader, definitely deserved that- go read it. It's Shirou x Ayako done in a interesting manner.

Link:
    See title.

Notes: darkeldar is known as Augustine on BL. Say hi, guys!
    Last edited by NewAgeOfPower; November 12th, 2013 at 12:20 AM.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Bloble, don't do this. Don't do this, man.
    Okay fine, it is bad, but it's the entertaining kind of bad.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    >Implying it hasn't always been about that
    /mlp/ exists for a very very specific reason and that is to keep your shit out of my shit. Because your shit is by far more autistic. Seriously. Go look at /mlp/ Renko. Then look at say, /tg/ or /o/ or /co/ or /po/ or /pol/. We don't want your gay ass ponyfaggotry in our gay ass [insertboardrelatedtopichere]faggotry.

Anyway, I'll drop it now for Kyte's sake.
    Jesus christ it's people like you that make people feel ashamed of being associated with 4chan.
    Learn to talk and act like a fucking normal human being.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Jesus christ it's people like you that make people feel ashamed of being associated with 4chan.
    You know, even BL acts like 4chan sometimes.

This thread is actually relatively lucky.

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    I dunno, if Twitter and Facebook are any indication, talking like a normal human being is like having diarrhea of the mouth.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I do, and I'm usually far more eloquent. Except when dealing with bronies. Fuck bronies.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Magos Winter View Post
    I do, and I'm usually far more eloquent. Except when dealing with bronies. Fuck bronies.
    Bro.

Bro.

The fic was good.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Bro.

Bro.

The fic was good.
    One diamond in a pile of shit does not retroactively make the pile of shit a pile of diamonds. Not even the Old Spice guy on a Horse can accomplish such a feat of awesome.

I haven't read Fate/Twilight and I probably never will (The title alone inspires an idea of sparkling dead apostles) but if it's good it doesn't make the brony community good. They're still a cesspit that even a saint would wipe his hands clean of.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    What did I say.

Shut Up

I don't care for your ranting about bronies. I'm fairly sure nobody else does either.
    Your rants about bronies about just as cancerous as you perceive bronies to be.
    Stop being the motherfucking cancer and fucking suck it up.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Aye aye Captain.

Ahahahahahahaha! Hymn of Ragnarok's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Enough with the bile Arch. I do not care about the subject in question but you are going far over the line and you keep coming back for more. With language and sentiment.

I was frankly going to let this lie because it seemed like you were backing off when told. Since you're not letting this lie, neither will I. This is not the place to indulge in whatever you feel about 4chan or MLP, and if you do want to discuss it you can do so in an appropriate venue and with cleaner language.

This doesn't show up here again. Understood?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    I refuse to believe that any eroge scene with Taiga would not make allusions to her Christmas Cake status, and this being Nasu, include references to making a cake. Stirring the batter, whisking the eggs, swirl the mixture around....
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam

IS THIS REVENGE, HYMN? REVENGE FOR ALL THE ABUSE I PUT YOU THROUGH?
    That's all, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy, Vlad_the_II (3 times), Radiantbeam (5 times), YeOfLittleFaith, Ars Poetica, The Curious Fan, Raven2785, zhead
    Damn you Hymn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach, KAIZA (2 times), Old_Iron, YeOfLittleFaith (2 times), Trevelyan, ianmuff, ZidanReign, Sage of Eyes, legoguydude, KooriRenchuu, Break, Keyne
    Bless you Hymn.

Blog Entries
    -snip-
    Update thread OP next week? Somewhat more important than broble, techpriest, and ponies.

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    O-okay......

*sighs* It seems that most of the good fanfictions and snippets can only be found here right? Fanfiction.net is strewn by many crap all over the place. Dunno about Space Battles....

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    Spacebattles is the same as Fanfiction. A lot of crap with a few hidden gems.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousMan View Post
    So it's the same thing then... >3>

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    It's the same everywhere.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousMan View Post
    Honestly the issue with Spacebattles' fanfiction corner, from what I've seen, is that the people posting there appear to have a tendency to try to dictate how the fanfic should go.

Not pointing out flaws in the writer's method. Just flat-out "You should rewrite X because we feel it just doesn't work (while not knowing where the story is going)." or "Y should happen. Write Y happening.".
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

That depends honestly. Mind you it CAN get that bad but its nowhere near that level all the time/everywhere.
    Spoiler:
    As a general rule I hold no opinions that I have not been paid to hold.
    I am now a beta, so if you need help with a story feel free to ask.

Words of wisdom from ItsaRandomUsername:
    "Pssh, with proper writing almost anything can be logical. If it can work believably, then there's no reason why it shouldn't.
    Please note the keywords: "proper" and "almost". Bad storytelling mixed with nonsensical couplings are the drunk-driving of literature."

Quote Originally Posted by Kiiam View Post
    Nothing helps you mature more than a little murder, especially in the Nasuverse.
    We are Beast's Lair!
    Derailer among derailers!
    Look upon the continuity of thy threads ye mighty, and DESPAIR!

Blog Entries
    Like I said, it's just my impression from the like...eight threads I've read or so.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Honestly the issue with Spacebattles' fanfiction corner, from what I've seen, is that the people posting there appear to have a tendency to try to dictate how the fanfic should go.

Not pointing out flaws in the writer's method. Just flat-out "You should rewrite X because we feel it just doesn't work (while not knowing where the story is going)." or "Y should happen. Write Y happening.".
    Not to mention that their definition of 'pointing out flaws' is 'What the hell? A story development happened and we don't like it! This now sucks! De-rec! Author can't write!'.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page