Page 224 of 302 FirstFirst ... 124174214219222223224225226229234274 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,480 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors shiningphoenix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Preacher View Post
    How in the world do you com to the conclusion that Eva is gritty
    Because 'gritty' is a word that gets attached to 'grim'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    two drinks and an aphrodisiac away from assaulting an appropriately shaped piece of furniture?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    "What does 'masturbate' mean? 'cause it's pretty obviously not a real word."

Blog Entries
    Yes and that's retarded and shows you aren't actually using the words to mean anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

how is he potentially dangerous, 0% sync ratio
    Because he was the last guy who caused an impact (well, a pseudo-impact) and the Eva only he can sync with (Yui is picky like that) is, at that moment, the only awakened Eva. Also what eddyak said. If he isn't dangerous... why put him an explosive collar?

If he is dangerous, you want for him to like you. And if he isn't, you don't have any reason to do it. But if you do, at least give the freaking trigger to someone who can actually pull it.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

"Shinji's misery must always increase" is the EVA-equivalent of the second law of thermodynamics.
    two drinks and an aphrodisiac away from assaulting an appropriately shaped piece of furniture?

"Shinji's misery must always increase" is the EVA-equivalent of the second law of thermodynamics.
    That somehow doesn't sound so different from Fate/Stay Night.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    Because he was the last guy who caused an impact (well, a pseudo-impact)
    by sycing with eva

and the Eva only he can sync with
    the thing that he can do right now

Also what eddyak said. If he isn't dangerous... why put him an explosive collar?
    because misato has a crippling guilt complex regarding her complicity in egging shinji on into 3rd impact and wants to show everyone that she's totally over it and is willing to do anything to stop it from happening again, as is the stated goal of her organization.

But if you do, at least give the freaking trigger to someone who can actually pull it.
    rebuild of arguments: you can (not) repeat

- - - Updated - - -

except for eps 25, 26, and also the ending of end of eva, all of in which he does not get more miserable.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Rgal View Post
    That somehow doesn't sound so different from Fate/Stay Night.
    The difference is the third law of EVAdynamics: "There is no Shirou, there is no Rin, there is no Saber, etc."

Blog Entries
    hahahah I went back to rewatch a few parts of 3.33 and when he's in flying ship thing WILLE made Shinji wear Crocs

- - - Updated - - -

by sycing with eva

the thing that he can do right now

because misato has a crippling guilt complex regarding her complicity in egging shinji on into 3rd impact and wants to show everyone that she's totally over it and is willing to do anything to stop it from happening again, as is the stated goal of her organization.

rebuild of arguments: you can (not) repeat

- - - Updated - - -

except for eps 25, 26, and also the ending of end of eva, all of in which he does not get more miserable.
    I'm going to rebuke all your arguments with one of mine, then. Seeing how he definitely syncs with an Eva later, he can sync. So yeah, he was potentially dangerous, and yeah, Wille fucked it big time.

hahahah I went back to rewatch a few parts of 3.33 and when he's in flying ship thing WILLE made Shinji wear Crocs

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, the crocs are cool, if only because Caim wear them, too (given, it may be that Caim makes them look good while mass murdering armies)

Spoiler:
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Hey, the crocs are cool, if only because Caim wear them, too (given, it may be that Caim makes them look good while mass murdering armies)
    Well, one can't make fun of Caim's fashion when he can drown people in dragon's breath.
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Not enough fanfic recommendations going on here now, guys. Hint, hint.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Crocs are terrible, it's just that no-one has the courage to tell him after what happened to the last guy's to mock his fashion sense:

Last edited by forumghost; February 10th, 2014 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Not enough fanfic recommendations going on here now, guys. Hint, hint.
    So, I think people should read that Prisma Illya thing. It even got an anime that one time!
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    +1 The Hearts of Suffering, by Arashi Leonhart.

A 6th War fic, featuring Waver, Rin, and Shirou. By the time of writing this review, only four chapters have been written so far, but that's still about 14k words.

It's yet another well-written fic by Arashi, so I'll skip over the usual "good writing/dialogue/character interactions/etc." and move onto the details. The Shirou/Saber interactions are interesting to say the least, and the Clocktower politics are done realistically and in a way better than I've seen in most other fics. Clocktower politics are always fun. So far, the story seems quite well thought-out, and it's one of the more promising fics in recent memory.
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Whatever happened to Tainted Ideals? Coz I'd give like +111 to that shit. Even if it killed my husbando.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Stormedge hasn't been on for a while. Consider it comatose.
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    Meh, pretty sure Karna was bound to return in some way. The story didn't seem to be finished with him yet.

Aside from that I don't think Edge is going to update anymore. But what do I know, his fic had died and come back to life more than once.

Still, give it a +1. The story deserves it. But his other idea for the story was better :P
    What other idea? That offhand mention of a nightmarish parallel world where Shirou K. teams up with Gilgamesh for maximum evil?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    What other idea? That offhand mention of a nightmarish parallel world where Shirou K. teams up with Gilgamesh for maximum evil?
    But still makes sure to have tea with Rin and Saegusa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    Maximum "flesh" and "entertainment", but yes.
    I liked his idea of perpetual summonings of Saibah just to make Goldie happy.
    That was bona fide evil genius.
    That was too much for my taste.

It's a very thin line, but I will hold up stories that deal with dark themes while disparaging anything that goes too far. Stormedge's Shirou-and-Gilgamesh bit sounded more like a morbid joke than anything else.

I happen to be an expert on this topic Pata Hikari's Avatar
    A recommendation for Tomb of the Sun God by Bloble

It's the midst of World War 2, and a ancient disaster buried deep in Egypt is ready to go off, changing the fate of magic, and the world! Our protaganist, a "Scribe" who's duty is to record such ventures, is taken off to Egypt. Where he, an Archibald, and an Atlas Alchemist have to find the source before it's too late. All while dealing with curses, church zealots, and good old fashioned traps.

It's Indiana Jones in the Nasuverse. What's not to like. Fun two-fisted pulp action with a sufficiently entertaining nameless narrator. Action, wit, danger and all that.
    Fate/Stay Night: Life is an Endless Dream Chapter 12: Settling into place
    Tsukihime: Role Revert Part 10: Were you here the whole time?
    Fate + Tsuki: Slayer/Savior Part 1: Forge/Assassin
    Pata Hikari's Tsukihime Short stories: Lastest story: A Midnight Dreary