29 61.70%
  • No

18 38.30%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Should the poll subforum return

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Pulse View Post
    I see a handful of people grumbling about its removal, a handful of people agreeing that removing it was good, and the vast majority of the forum not caring.

I don't know whose mind you're reading, but it ain't mine. I judge it a success, because now there's less silliness except for where it's supposed to be, and it means polls will be put in higher-trafficked areas of the forum.
    I actually don't disagree with the move, but the move itself has been horribly done. You've erased a forum completely that people did use, and you've done it without any warning whatsoever. From what angle has this been a success?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    What's your OTP, Kenta-kun?
    Arc x Tractor Trailer

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Pulse View Post
    I see a handful of people grumbling about its removal, a handful of people agreeing that removing it was good, and the vast majority of the forum not caring.

I don't know whose mind you're reading, but it ain't mine. I judge it a success, because now there's less silliness except for where it's supposed to be, and it means polls will be put in higher-trafficked areas of the forum.
    Everybody but you is talking about the process, not the result. :V

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also the new forum is even less needed than the old one.

Might as well get rid of completely.

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    Mostly because you didn't notify that you were going to pull the plug on the subforum and delete all those threads
    Threads weren't intended to all be deleted, just the spam ones. Again, we don't know why they disappeared, and the system still "half-shows" them but we don't know where they are. They're probably orphaned but there's no easy way to recover orphaned threads. Others that were definite junk, were decided to be deleted.

But that you dropped it since, again it was done without notification and because some of those threads had legit and interesting discussion.
    About one in three, yes. But nothing "super vital." And if need be, I do have access to database backups. Restoring them to actual threads, like I said, is much trickier.

Do they go out of Fanfics? Pretty sure they don't so they don't notice.
    Which proves my point about it being low-traffic nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by KENTA View Post
    I actually don't disagree with the move, but the move itself has been horribly done. You've erased a forum completely that people did use, and you've done it without any warning whatsoever. From what angle has this been a success?
    The success is in getting polls out of a forum where there was relatively little traffic, and in encouraging them to be posted in the forums where there is more traffic on a regular basis so that more people see them, along with giving a second separate forum for silly polls so that we don't have silly polls shitting up the rest of the forums.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Why not kill the random polls subforum and move all the threads into the 7th
    To be honest, the Random Polls subforum was mostly created not just for random polls, but to catch the other polls as I was moving the bulk of them before I deleted the polls forum( I didn't want to dump them right in the 7th, afraid the server would go wonky, which it did anyway, of course) , and then it went weird as it moved, deleting the polls there entirely. As it was primarily created in my attempt to save the polls, which failed epically, it doesn't have much purpose, so I'm not against killing it) . Is their any other board moving/subsidizing we should discuss besides Doujin Projects/Events and Gatherings, which Spinach brought up, for us to consider?

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    To be honest, the Random Polls subforum was mostly created not just for random polls, but to catch the other polls as I was moving the bulk of them before I deleted the polls forum( I didn't want to dump them right in the 7th, afraid the server would go wonky, which it did anyway, of course) , and then it went weird as it moved, deleting the polls there entirely. As it was primarily created in my attempt to save the polls, which failed epically, it doesn't have much purpose, so I'm not against killing it) . Is their any other board moving/subsidizing we should discuss besides Doujin Projects/Events and Gatherings, which Spinach brought up, for us to consider?
    Consolidating the board issues set of sub-forums would be a good move methinks. Announcements and policy polls can be stickied, technical issues use one thread anyway, and everything else is just people bitching.

I think the blog section should be deleted due to recent trolling

黒いスサノヲ, Black Susano'oh IhaxlikeNoob's Avatar
    Dp won't have any of that, it's his own little sandbox.
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

Blog Entries
    DP should ban his feet.

Blog Entries
    From the look of things he already tried to.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
    DP should ban his feet.
    I already did, by bruising another one of my toes.

Now shaddap before I post a picture of that.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Old Quote Crap!

99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Why not just not allow people to make polls in GD? Then they'll have to go to 7th to make their polls.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Why not just not allow people to make polls in GD? Then they'll have to go to 7th to make their polls.
    Not all polls are useless, though some people seem to be trying damn hard to convince us that they are.

Old Quote Crap!

Blog Entries
    So, if we ask nicely like Mil we can post a poll in GD with a clear conscience?

Blog Entries
    Depends on what you want, to start with. But FWIW we didn't ban polls, we just cracked down on spam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Lately the polls have been on-topic and have spawn some great discussions.
    Poll subforum when?
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Lately the polls have been on-topic and have spawn some great discussions.
    Poll subforum when?
    It's not happening.

Old Quote Crap!

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We've known that for months.

the fight still goes on

it isnt a mistake
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    We've known that for months.

the fight still goes on

it isnt a mistake
    AKA wasting your time, but whatever.

They're not returning, it's that simple. As long as everyone actually acts like adults and doesn't flood GD with crappy polls, there isn't exactly a problem, is there?

Old Quote Crap!