View Poll Results: What's your Favorite System?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1e

2 2.78%
  • 2e

2 2.78%
  • 3.5e

10 13.89%
  • d20 (custom rules, etc)

10 13.89%
  • PF

15 20.83%
  • 4e

6 8.33%
  • 5e

27 37.50%
Page 152 of 242 FirstFirst ... 52102142147150151152153154157162202 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 4829

Thread: Tabletop Games Thread

マリーの味方
    Well, EDT. I'm used to it being assumed, as even when setting up meetings with clients I say EST. The distinction is pretty irrelevant, the majority of regions covered by EST use DT.

Blog Entries
    GMT +1 usually available all days unless there's something else going on
    [22:42] <Leo> look it's not our fault we can function properly with a cock in our mouthes

I'm CEST, UTC + 2.
    Trapped within my fierce desire, resistance is futile. Screaming for your life, nowhere to hide,
    Tonight we cross the line, your innocence is mine!

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Time to make a giant list of timezones.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    OK.

Vri, Kuro, Five, and MessrNeko. Give me your time zones.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

EST -4

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    So, is it going to be the Menat-Ka campaign again? Just asking to make sure I know what to do for this when I enter.
    I have three other questions:

1. For mAc: How soon would you want the character sheet to be made, and where do I go to make it?
    (Basically, I can't understand where I'm supposed to make the character sheet that those gifs or whatever they are want me to import. DO I just create a game in 5e and create the character there?)
    2. For everyone: I've only played 3.5, but 5e isn't too hard to catch on to, right?
    3. Are we intended to pick our class, abilities etc. from the options provided in mAc's doc, or are those just provisional rules that we can use if we feel like playing a more 'local' character? (Basically, since this is my first time actually doing 5e, I'm hoping to keep it simple.)
    Last edited by Draconic; June 8th, 2018 at 11:00 AM.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaac

i want to play

EST (GMT-5)

I'm willing to go on a waitlist or whatever.

It doesn't have to be this particular scenario, either. I'm just expressing my interest for if you've ever got an opening.

I'm not on BL very often these days, but I'm on #notes pretty regularly, if you want to get in touch.
    Last edited by Neir; June 8th, 2018 at 01:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

PST/GMT-8 for me

Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaac

i want to play

EST (GMT-5)

I'm willing to go on a waitlist or whatever.

It doesn't have to be this particular scenario, either. I'm just expressing my interest for if you've ever got an opening.

I'm not on BL very often these days, but I'm on #notes pretty regularly, if you want to get in touch.
    A new challenger!

Awesome. It looks like we have quite a few EST people.

Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    So, is it going to be the Menat-Ka campaign again? Just asking to make sure I know what to do for this when I enter.
    I have three other questions:

1. For mAc: How soon would you want the character sheet to be made, and where do I go to make it?
    (Basically, I can't understand where I'm supposed to make the character sheet that those gifs or whatever they are want me to import. DO I just create a game in 5e and create the character there?)
    2. For everyone: I've only played 3.5, but 5e isn't too hard to catch on to, right?
    3. Are we intended to pick our class, abilities etc. from the options provided in mAc's doc, or are those just provisional rules that we can use if we feel like playing a more 'local' character? (Basically, since this is my first time actually doing 5e, I'm hoping to keep it simple.)
    Menet-Ka isn't a campaign (though after writing that doc, I got a lot of ideas for potential future games in that setting); it's a killer dungeon style one-shot designed to last exactly one session. This way I can actually repeat it reliably.

For me, it's meant to be more of an introduction. A way for me to get a feel for how everyone plays, their personalities, schedules, etc. A way for people to see how I run games (not that I only run this type of game, but my general demeanor, etc).

That said, this isn't like most campaigns or one-shots since the focus is on a dungeon designed to kill you; the default ending is "everybody dies," so approach it with the mindset that you'll find ways to have fun anyway. It's possible to survive, but unlikely; think of it as playing a game of tetris or some time trial where "winning" is seeing how far you make it and having fun with the other players and bouncing your RPing off each other. And that brings me to the other fun part, which is after you finish you can take a look at what other groups did and discussing experiences.

What you're signing up for right now is essentially a waiting list.

As to your actual questions:

1) Don't worry about a character now; character creation will happen when a group is assembled.

2) 5e is a lot simpler than 3.5. If anything you have to "unlearn" old rules and mindsets.

3) The doc is meant to be a bonus to the character creation process, not replacing it. You can make something straight out of the PHB (as long as it still fits the setting), but the document's options are tailored for the setting itself.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Since I foresee having to explain this a lot in the future, I wrote a guide for setting up roll20 for my games that I can reference later.

Mac’s Roll20 Setup Guide

This is a guide to setting up and using roll20 with the specifications employed in my games.

What You’ll Need:
    1) An internet connection
    2) A desktop or laptop computer, or a tablet (something with a big screen you can type with — phones won’t cut it)
    3) A place you can sit and play for a few hours with music

Once you’ve got those squared away, there’s the actual setting up of roll20:

1) Make sure that if you use any adblocking in your browser, that you whitelist roll20 or disable it. Otherwise, a lot of features won’t work.

2) Click the “create your free account” button to create a roll20 account. Without that, you can’t do anything else.

3) Once that’s done, sign in.

4) Set up your profile. At the top right of the screen, you’ll see your name with a dropdown. Click that and choose “My account.” Scroll down until you see the Photo section, and choose an avatar. This is the avatar displayed with your user account. (Near the top, you can also see “display name” which is the name displayed to others.) As you’ll find out later, this is different than what actually appears in the chat sometimes based on the character you’re playing.

OK, we’re done with the account setup. Now is the time to setup your game preferences. This can only be done on a game-by-game basis, and only once you have access to a game.

1) When you have access to the game in question (whatever it may be), click the gear icon in the top right of the screen.

It leads to your preferences.

2) Here, you can set the display name for your account inside -this- game only.

But that’s not what we’re after. We want to enable 3d dice, which roll actual dice across the screen whenever you roll, making it feel more like a real life experience.

Click the “enable 3d dice” and “automatically roll 3d dice” checkboxes.

3) Here, you can also see a volume slider. This is to control the volume of the music that’s playing. I will often play music to accompany scenes, and be setting my own volume for it, but you can adjust the overall volume on your own end here.

Just be careful, it’s easy to forget when you’ve lowered it and can’t hear a softer song.

4) Scrolling down further, you’ll see a dropdown titled “player avatar size.” What does this do? Well, when people join the game, their avatars and usernames are displayed at the bottom of the screen. How big you want it to be is purely up to personal preference.

That’s it! Your account is all set up to play now.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for the info, mAc.
    I've already started working on three of five potential characters though, because there are so many options for my favored playstyle. And I type slowly, so I'm looking to make things go as fast as possible.

Weirdly, it's looking like my original D&D character from when I was twelve might be coming back as one of my options. Name changed to be more dragonlike in accordance with dragon names in the Draconomicon, but only slightly. But the overall concept of a blue half-dragon is the same, so basically a dragonborn character. And since this is a tomb in a desert, this might suit him. Provided that blue dragons are still desert natives. Also, he's Lawful Evil so I don't mind getting him killed. Although he probably won't last that long.
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

マリーの味方
    Didn't even realize players could set the music volume themselves, oops. I always kept it super low as it was too hard to balance with everyone having different volume levels. Very helpful.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    someone tell neir to check his BL PMs

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    It's time to assemble another group. The Golden Tickets have been sent out.

Sesto, Vri, Trubo, Spoony: check your PMs.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    local serial killer strikes again

Don't kill the people, O' Dice Gods

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Congrats and good luck to the four challengers!

Do your best to survive.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Sorry it took so long to answer. Been taking care of sister in law after she had surgery, but she's pretty much fully recovered now.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Hey, no problem! Family comes first.

I might start another group and run it concurrently since there's a long lag time between setting up, making characters, and actually playing.

In the meantime everybody's been hard at work creating their characters.