Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    Well, I would like to recommend this fic:

Fate: Reach Out
    By Vegeta the 3rd
    Genre: Mystery/Supernatural
    Crossover: Persona 4
    Summery: A chance decision leads to an unlikely discovery. The mention of a rumor leads to an unbelievable mystery. And the connection to a long forgotten family leads to an unforgettable experience. Welcome to Inaba, Yu Narukami... or should I say Shirou Emiya? (Co-Authored by Nameless Flame Wielder)
    Pairings: None so far
    https://m.fanfiction.net/s/8872034/1/Fate-Reach-Out

A really interesting fic of Shirou before the HGW. I believe it does a good job at showing his mentality and mannerisms, making his interactions with the Inaba residents' interesting. It also brings up the possibility for a different path for Shirou with the new bonds he'll have to make and experience.

Also just in case, that's a +1 from me for this story
    Last edited by TheInfamousMan; July 28th, 2013 at 12:01 PM.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors gwonbush's Avatar
    Watch as it takes a year for divergence to occur!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    I am of the personal belief that the Tsukihime Remake is two years from release. It will remain as such until a release date is announced, at which time its actual release date is 6 months after that date.

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwonbush View Post
    Watch as it takes a year for divergence to occur!
    But at least it'll be slow and understandable change, making Shirou into a different person than he was in Fate/Stay Night.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    Nope, he was just trolling.
    Well shit. You're sure? I guess i'll read it until it happens then.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStorm666 View Post
    I've pretty much given up on fanfics in general at this point.
    Dude, go read some of Moczo's works. Or IRUn's. Giving up on fanfics when stuff they write exist is mind-boggling O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Elf, dealing fanfic crack for Beast Lair since 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    Elf: Crack Dealer. Story at eleven.
    'Fae is Foul' - My SAO/ZnT Crossover fanfic (SB Thread) (FFN Link)

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Or go read Twain or Poe. Reading fanfics when stuff they write exists is mind-boggling.

Ikid I kid.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    read Twain or Poe.
    Heh.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
    Dude, go read some of Moczo's works. Or IRUn's. Giving up on fanfics when stuff they write exist is mind-boggling O_o
    I've read most of their work as well. It's just that the vast amount of fanfics featuring Shirou in God mode is really starting to get to me as well as the constant beating on Saber and I'm not even a fan of Saber.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the best way I would put it is tha Mozco's work seems too happy to me. I want pain and suffering and I'm not a big believer in people being happy without sacrifice. In other words for someone to be happy someone else will possibly have to sacrifice their happiness.

Or it might just be that I'm in a dark mood in general.

Blog Entries
    +1 to Fate: Reach Out

For now. Depending on how the author takes it, I might withdraw my +1 in the future.

Shirou: If you can't beat them, join them *eye rolls* burningclaw2's Avatar
    +1 for Fate: Reach Out. He keeps how the interactions would play out in character, along with the battles playing out based on how the character's themselves would react and such imo.

Also when the HGW finally starts we might be seeing the battles playing out a bit differently but without Shirou or anyone being OP(actually more then they are *cough*Herakles*cough*Gilgamesh*cough*)

Also is it possible to put a warning rec as in 'stay away from this fic it will make you rage' or that it'll start off with a minus 1 from the reccer. Cause there's a fic that I feel will be a failbomb.(only reason I'm still reading it is I'm hoping the author will stop making me want to bash my head in before he gets to chapter 6.)
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Violence solves all problems. If its not working then you are not using enough.
    Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by burningclaw2 View Post
    Also is it possible to put a warning rec as in 'stay away from this fic it will make you rage' or that it'll start off with a minus 1 from the reccer. Cause there's a fic that I feel will be a failbomb.(only reason I'm still reading it is I'm hoping the author will stop making me want to bash my head in before he gets to chapter 6.)
    I would be against that. We've got numerous -1s, but those were all people expressing their negative opinion of something that had already been recommended positively. If we're going to start out by negrepping bad fanfics, we're going to be here a looooooooong time. Basically, diving into a fic that nobody's +recced here is, as always on the Internet, something that one does at their own risk.
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    I would be against that. We've got numerous -1s, but those were all people expressing their negative opinion of something that had already been recommended positively. If we're going to start out by negrepping bad fanfics, we're going to be here a looooooooong time. Basically, diving into a fic that nobody's +recced here is, as always on the Internet, something that one does at their own risk.
    Kay is it okay to warn people though. Cause honestly the fic that made me ask this makes me want to literally bash the author's face in with a sledgehammer.
    Words to live by: Fate is a B****, Destiny is a whore, while Karma is just doing her job.

Even though I am male after taking a 'Which Fate/stay night Character are you?' quiz I am...

Tohsaka Rin You are Rin. Cool and collected, you think logically about most situations. You strive for self-perfection, and rely on others only for your benefit. You may be cold toward most people, but you can be friendly when you try. Indeed, it could be said you enjoy helping others that you care for. Whatever the case, you tend to think logically and don't let emotions cloud your judgement.

Blog Entries
    You literally want to murder a literal person with a literal hammer over a literal piece of fanfiction from a literal Japanese cartoon.

It's either that or bash my own face in and my sense of survival managed to outvote everything else -.-

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    This is for recommendations. Just use the "annoying" thread for things that enrage you.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Kay...link pls?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    You literally want to murder a literal person with a literal hammer over a literal piece of fanfiction from a literal Japanese cartoon.
    I just imagined Kurosagi from Mondaiji Tachi going "YES!"
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Recommeding An Empty Attachment by Bloble.

Pretty hot, would read again (I've already done that though).

Girls with dicks are truly the height of erotica.

A recommendation for a story I haven't read?

Why the heck not-

Girls with dicks are truly the height of erotica.
    Yeah no.

In fact.

Bloble -1.
    Petrikow -1.

Quote Originally Posted by ratstsrub View Post
    A recommendation for a story I haven't read?

Why the heck not-

Yeah no.

In fact.

Bloble -1.
    Petrikow -1.
    Well, at least you can be thankful for the warning. I know I am.

Also +1 Fate/Reach Out

Going by some of the hints on Space Battles, I see quite a few interesting things happening. The solid writing thus far helps too.
    Last edited by Muramasa; July 29th, 2013 at 03:04 AM.