Page 134 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3484124129132133134135136139144 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 3142

Thread: TM Fanfics Index: Recommendations & Discussion. Updates never

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    "Humor"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    "Humor"?
    are you trying to correct my spelling because let me tell u a thing

Blog Entries
    glow went commonwealth

traitor

Fite me

But if that fite isn't about fanfiction or the recommendation of fanfiction, schedule for another arena.

- - - Updated - - -

o you already did

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glow View Post
    Yes hello I'd like to report Kyte for not having a sense of humour
    It's a case of circumstances. Kyte has said multiple times that self-promotion is fine. But a wise person would be saying "Here, I'm doing a thing, please read it." Not going out of your way to mess with people who actually put in effort for a punchline that is "oh look at me and my work."

Blog Entries
    Honestly glow you should probably be happy nobody reported you because after I saw what happened I went and checked my inbox. If there had been a report there is like a 9 in 10 chance I would have popped you for trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    I'll have to remember that, then.

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    It's a case of circumstances. Kyte has said multiple times that self-promotion is fine. But a wise person would be saying "Here, I'm doing a thing, please read it." Not going out of your way to mess with people who actually put in effort for a punchline that is "oh look at me and my work."
    i didn't actually set it up for the punchline. after your comment about checking the op for short stories i did, saw my story from a while ago, and thought it'd be funny if i said oh i read this one. i did originally intend to look for recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    Eh, for what?
    probably meant me i imagine

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Honestly glow you should probably be happy nobody reported you because after I saw what happened I went and checked my inbox. If there had been a report there is like a 9 in 10 chance I would have popped you for trolling.
    Go have some tea and a rest, Tobi. If there had been a report, we would have laughed it off and moved on. You of all people should know a joke for a joke, right?
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Derp, I'm sorry glow, my mistake, I got my names mixed up. I meant that towards sesto for his joke a few pages back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Despite Sesto now having explained a few things about the situation, I'm still going to say that I personally found the situation to be mostly harmless. I will admit that although I also recced something, I put less effort into reccing something than some of you, and I think feeling a bit put out by that could be justified. Still, I don't consider the end result to be wasted effort on anyone's part. When there's such a long list of rec's, having people's favorites periodically highlighted can't possibly be a bad thing.

It serves to:
    1) remind people that they liked a story and might want to read it again,
    2) narrow down the list of places to start for new readers, and
    3) celebrate fics that have withstood the test of time and aged well.

So, end of the day, I'm going to stick by this ultimately being funny and harmless, and even a tad valuable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Derp, I'm sorry glow, my mistake, I got my names mixed up. I meant that towards sesto for his joke a few pages back.
    apology accepted

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Which yes, is fine if you're doing it in earnest.

The way he responded made it seem like he was doing it to deliberately be annoying.

I'll concede that the way he presented the final post probably seemed like poor taste and even baiting to several people. I still got an incredulous laugh out of it, though, and I choose to look at the net positive.

But, yeah. I agree it should generally be rule of thumb to not make people feel like they've been sent on a wild goose chase.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    The conversation sounds like it belongs to the 7th then we have a problem. :|

In the interest of getting this thread on track, and making up for any disappointment people are feeling about lack of new recommendations, I would like to recommend τὸν ἐγὼ περὶ πάντων τῖον ἑταίρων, ἶσον ἐμῇ κεφαλῇ by megkips on AO3. It's an adult Waver story in which Waver takes a short vacation from his work at Clock Tower to pursue a bit of closure in Greece regarding Iskander.

The characterization of Reines and Waver differs slightly for readers of Case Files, but it's not bad characterization by any means and the story has a solid idea behind it. Most importantly, it's a story that doesn't rely on ships or drama or politics to carry it, and offers some nice bittersweet feel-good moments for Waver fans.
    Last edited by Gl❀w; March 11th, 2016 at 03:29 PM.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Is there a name in english for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Is there a name in english for that.
    I think she has the translation into english in her author's note-- the story is in english, it's just the title that isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, okay, here it is:

The title is from the Iliad, book 18 lines 81-82, as Achilles describes Patroclus as the person “whom I loved beyond all other companions, as well as my own life.”

Blog Entries
    Love would be a ... strong interpretation of τίω. If we look elsewhere in the Iliad for context ...

τῷ μὲν νικήσαντι μέγαν τρίποδ᾽ ἐμπυριβήτην,
    τὸν δὲ δυωδεκάβοιον ἐνὶ σφίσι τῖον Ἀχαιοί:
    ἀνδρὶ δὲ νικηθέντι γυναῖκ᾽ ἐς μέσσον ἔθηκε,
    πολλὰ δ᾽ ἐπίστατο ἔργα, τίον δέ ἑ τεσσαράβοιον.

For the victor, a great tripod made to put over the fire,
    which the Akhaians valued among themselves at twelve oxen;
    for the defeated man, he put up as a prize a woman,
    skilled in many kind of work, whom they valued at four oxen.
    (Iliad 23.702-5)

Also, he values Patroklos as "equal to my life", not also beyond his life. The grammar makes that pretty clear. Lattimore's nonsense again. (And, in Googling where the translation came from, I find so many English writers who are running even farther with the 'love' because they don't know better. Aaaaaa).
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair