Page 40 of 131 FirstFirst ... 30353839404142455090 ... LastLast

Thread: That Ever Illusive Utopia

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermitfold View Post
    Also, a question. I don't know if this has been addressed but why didn't Saber go to England with Rin? I would think that would be a better choice for her. Just asking.
    My guess is there's really nothing England can offer to Saber at this point, and after thinking she failed so badly as king she probably wouldn't want to return to it. At least if she stays in Fuyuki, she has the support of Shirou, Sakura, and Archer, not to mention Rider once her opinion of her starts to improve. If she went to England, she'd only have Rin.

Blog Entries
    And Rin as sure as hell can't afford to feed Saber, that's for damned sure.

As for the video games, you'll find out about that later as well.

Blog Entries

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlology View Post
    And the truth of where Elf got her idea from has been revealed.

Don't worry Elf, we don't hate you for it.

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    Holy crap, Tohsaka got German suplexed!
    BEAUTIFUL.
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlology View Post
    Oh my God. The image of Saber is yummy. Mmm.

Blog Entries
    Omigodthatiscute
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    God, I love that comic a retarded amount.

I admit that the whole Rider forcing Saber to get a job idea came from that comic. (I did laugh out loud when Archer tells Arc in his body not to talk like a girl.)

Blog Entries
    I have actually not read it, though saber in two separate bodies groping her new breasts was both sexy and endearing. Course, that's just saber. I so rarely get a chance to just revel in being a saberphile though I am glad I saw that.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Inugami's Avatar
    Len must be physically incapable of laughing. Maybe it's a cat thing.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Inugami View Post
    Len must be physically incapable of laughing. Maybe it's a cat thing.
    If she did laugh, it would look like that one shot of Misaka Imouto during that "Cat named Dog" joke she did.
    Can't find the pic for that.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Blog Entries
    a cat....named dog.

heh

heh.

Worried Soul That Watches Larekko12's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    a cat....named dog.

heh

heh.
    So you mean Catdog!
    http://www.youtuberepeat.com/watch/?v=hTJvxH9rcnA
    Then let it break, if it shatters to pieces then forge an even better blade to take in hand. Should that blade crack then forge once again, untill the battlefield is a graveyard of blades that have fallen and but a single sword claims the field that embodies the world. Let that sword bear the world untill its time comes and time blows its dust to the winds. Then forge again.---Eric Dagger

Blog Entries
    ....no.

on an unrelated note, I wish there were more chapters to the ahnernabie thing ;_;

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    on an unrelated note, I wish there were more chapters to the ahnernabie thing ;_;
    Al is with you on that one.
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

Blog Entries
    The what thing?

Blog Entries

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    You can actually tell them apart by their different reactions...

You may think it's a stupid thing to notice, but it amuses me a lot (and it's not that easy to write)

Blog Entries
    Chapter Eight
    Prospects and Potential

“And today in the Stock Market new company Golden Rule continues its incredible momentum, rising up in the DOW another twenty-seven points today,” the soothing, female voice said from the TV.

Saber was tying her ribbon in her hair as she barely acknowledged the painted reporter’s words. Small hands smoothed over the pristine white apron before Saber took one more check of her uniform. A low whistle sounded from beside her and she looked up to see Hitomi standing there watching the TV. Saber tilted her head and asked, “Is something interesting?”

“I put in an application to their Fuyuki Headquarters yesterday, I’m hoping I get called for an interview,” the other girl said with a smile.

Saber returned the smile and said, “I wish you the best of luck in that endeavor, Hitomi.”

“Thanks Saber-chan. I mean, this place helps pay for college tuition but has nothing to do with my intended field of study,” the bespectacled girl said as she ruffled up her bangs with a wistful smile.

Saber studied her co-worker and asked, “What is your area of study, Hitomi? If you do not mind me being so bold. If it is none of my business, please inform me and I’ll happily drop the subject.”

“See, and here I thought all Westerners were all brash and forward, but you’re so formal Saber, I’d swear you’d work for my mom,” Hitomi said with a smile.

Saber returned her smile and replied, “I had to learn diplomacy a long time ago. I find it fitting to carry myself here as I had in my previous life to a reasonable extent.”

“I’d swear you’d come for another time,” Hitomi said with a chuckle, “But I’m wanting to do research. Unfortunately, it’s a lot of studying just to get my MD not to mention my PHD in pharmacology.”

Saber asked, “So you are wanting to do medical research then?”

“Yep. I’ve got this morbid fascination for viruses and my aunt often volunteers in Darfur where AIDS runs rapid. Apparently the CEO is striving his medical research division to find a cure for it,” Hitomi said, “Then again Golden Rule has their fingers in so many pies it’s sort of amazing.”

At that moment the door to the break room opened and Asuka walked in, her skin slick with perspiration. She cast Saber a relived glance and said, “Thank God you’re here, Saber-chan. It’s been a mad house today.”

“I will be out there to deliver aid in a moment, unless you need my assistance before my shift starts and I will be happy to aid you,” Saber said with a slight bow of her head to the head waitress.

Asuka shook her head and said, “We’ve got a second, I’ve got Shizuka and Anzu out there too. You don’t need to come on before your shift starts, Saber-chan.”

Saber nodded and said, “But do not hesitate to call me if you do need my aid.”

“And that attitude is why you’re my best waitress, well the exotic Western looks don’t help either,” Asuka said with a grin before looking up at the TV. She sighed and said, “They’re talking about Golden Rule again aren’t they? God, I’d pay to sleep with that CEO. Have you seen him, he’s like utterly gorgeous.”

“You do not find it odd that a Westerner decided to set up such an elaborate corporation on Japanese soil?” Saber asked as she looked at the TV as well.

Asuka grinned and said, “When it’s someone as hot as Gil King doing it they could invade my home and rob me blind and I wouldn’t care.”

“Well, Mr. King does seem to be a bit eccentric from what I’ve read of the company. Considers the world his and all of that, but then again most brilliant men do tend to be a bit around the bend,” Hitomi said as she rotated her index finger around her temple with a lopsided grin.

It felt as if someone had trailed ice up and down Saber’s spine, but she shook the feeling off. It’s impossible, she firmly told herself before walking over to clock herself in.

Emiya Shirou was currently sitting in his shed, a fine layer of sweat covering his body as he had his eyes closed. Sakura and Saber were currently asleep, and he knew the former would scold him if she knew what he was doing. Hence me doing this while she’s asleep, he thought as he took a deep, calming breath.

His ideal had been changed, reforged during the fires of the Fifth Grail War. He no longer sought to save everyone, but he would protect and save those he loved first. Still he could not just sit idly by and do nothing to help anyone while he himself was happy with the life he was making with Sakura. Studying law would give him tools to help others, but he was not going to be defenseless if he was called again to protect his loved ones.

Shirou had the tools in his mind and body and proof that he was capable of pulling off miracles.

“You keep up with me.”

He had been losing his mind when he had heard that low, rusty voice demand that of him as he removed the Shroud of Martin to defeat the corrupted Berserker. That man had been the pinnacle of what Shirou himself had wanted to become, and he had broken himself past repair to get to that state. Counter Guardian Emiya had given Shirou the tools to save Sakura and Ilya at the cost of his own mind and sanity, and he had been given life again at the cost of Ilya.

Pain washed over him in tiny, stinging waves as an image of a sad smile framed by hair like freshly fallen snow filled his mind. Ilya. From what Archer had told him, Ilya was happy to sacrifice herself so that both her present and future onii-chans could live. I should have been able to say good bye. To stop her. Anything, he thought before shaking his head.

I can’t think like that, it’s just going to screw up my concentration, he amended before taking a deep breath. His eyes closed as he opened his Circuits. Prana sluggishly flowed through them as dissected those beloved swords in his mind’s eye. They were broken down into eight component parts before reformed and pushed into reality by snapping into his hands.

Weakness washed over him as his stomach churned, but he opened his eyes to see Kansho and Bakuya gleaming in his hands in their ying and yang harmony. He felt a smile curve his lip as he stood on trembling legs while his hands gripped the handles of the swords. Tracing was coming easier and easier to him despite Tohsaka being away in London and not able to train him.

“Not bad, for an amateur,” that all too familiar voice said behind Shirou.

The young man spun around to see Archer standing in the shed’s doorway with his arms folded across his chest and a slight smirk on his face. Shirou blinked as he realized he really didn’t have to look as far up as he used to just to meet Archer’s eyes. Then again this growth spurt he’d been going through the past year had been rather amazing if expensive because he was going through clothing and shoes at a phenomenal rate.

Shirou flexed his hands and released the prana that formed the swords, causing them to vanish in a shimmer of golden flakes. He rolled his shoulders, almost as broad as Archer’s, and asked, “Couldn’t you knock?”

“And resist a chance to taunt you, of course not,” Archer said as he stepped into the shed, “Besides, wouldn’t Sakura have your head if she found out you were doing this?”

Shirou smiled sheepishly, rubbed the back of his head and said, “Well, that’s why I’m doing it while she’s asleep.”

“And if Rider catches you, you’re screwed,” Archer said with a tiny smile.

Shirou felt the blood run from his face at the former Servant’s words and swallowed. “Don’t give me such thoughts,” he said with a frown and a shake of his head.

Archer’s smile faded as he replied, “And if Saber caught you . . .”

“She’d quietly walk back in the house,” Shirou said as he rubbed the back of his head.

Archer’s eyes met his and he asked, “How is she?”

“Well, she’s actually been getting out of the house of late. Apparently she’s found some job, but when we ask her what she’s doing she will just politely smile and tell us its none of our concern,” Shirou said with a sigh.

Shirou reasoned if he’d been anyone else he wouldn’t have noticed the sudden tension that filled the other man’s body and the subtle flexing of his hands. Then again, Shirou and Archer had the same origin, but diverted different paths. They had been the same one point in time, but apparently they were radically different enough now that they could coexist for the most part. However there were flashes between the two of them, not quite like telepathy, but Shirou knew that Archer was concerned for their former Servant.

Archer asked, “Did you give her back Avalon?”

“Yes I did. I figured it wasn’t mine to have and should go back to its original owner,” Shirou said with a frown as the memory of Saber reluctantly taking the sheath back filled his mind.

“Hn,” was Archer’s not quite non verbal reply.

Shirou sighed and said, “Sakura and I don’t know what to do with her. She doesn’t talk and when you ask her anything it’s always this frustratingly polite answer before she walls herself up. The only time she’s really lively is when Fuji-nee comes over to play or when she’s playing video games.”

“Or when there’s food involved,” Archer said with a sigh.

Shirou sighed himself, nodded and echoed, “Or only when there’s food involved.” He ran a hand through his hair and said, “She seemed to get along well with Tohsaka, but now Tohsaka’s gone . . .”

“And Rider’s probably not helping the situation either,” Archer said with a snort.

Shirou felt his cheeks heat up and he replied, “Well, Rider thinks she’s a burden on Sakura, when it’s really not true. We want to help her, but Saber doesn’t want to be helped.”

“Or you don’t know how to help her,” Archer said with a shake of his head.

Shirou felt his shoulders droop as he nodded in agreement. He sighed and said, “And there’s that too.”

“Well, I’m obviously still an idiot for doing this,” Archer said with a smile that was heavily laced with his normal sarcastic irony.

Shirou swallowed and said, “Let me help you then.”

“I don’t think you can,” Archer said as something unreadable passed in his steel gray eyes.

Shirou’s frown deepened into a scowl and he asked, “What do you mean?”

“Your path has diverged too far from her’s, Emiya Shirou,” Archer said.

Shirou glared and said, “You know that cryptic bullshit is really annoying.”

“Yeah, I know. It sort of happens when you’ve already been there and done that. Well, she could use a friend,” Archer said as he turned to leave.

Shirou stood there glaring at the familiar silhouette once again. He gripped his own hands into fists and said, “I can’t keep up with you anymore. I won’t keep up with you anymore.”

“Good, just stay by Sakura’s side and both of you will be fine,” Archer said before he leapt into the air and into the night. Shirou stood there quietly gnashing his teeth at the other man before taking a deep breath. He knew all too well he couldn’t save everyone and so did Archer, but there was a question ringing loudly through his mind.

What if Saber doesn’t want to be saved?

Saber scowled at the fare before her that she had to use her own money to buy because both Shirou and Sakura had not had a chance to pack a proper lunch for anyone today. The hamburger bun looked quite soggy and the cheese was wilting like a flower that had been without water far too long. French Fries had a greenish cast to them from being cut from unripe potatoes and even the soda looked pale in its glass. She scowled as she reached for salt, pepper, and Catsup to salvage the pathetic meal.

“You look like you’re going to stab that burger for being offensive,” Hitomi chuckled.

Saber frowned as she looked up at her friend standing beside her table, holding her corkboard against her chest. She sighed and said, “The quality of the fare here leaves much to be desired.”

“Come on, you know the reason why most guys come here is the eyecandy,” Hitomi said with a grin.

Saber snorted and said, “The attractiveness of a server does not excuse food’s poor quality.”

“That’s one thing I’m not going to miss,” Hitomi said, her pale blue eyes dancing.

Saber smiled and asked, “Did you manage to land that new avenue of employment?”

“Yes. I just put in my two weeks today. Old Man Hirano nearly threw up when he found out I was leaving. Guess it’s up to you now Saber-chan,” Hitomi said with a grin.

Saber felt an odd tightness in her chest and said, “Well, I wish you the best. You seemed ill suited to this place.”

“So do you, Saber-chan. Hey, I could get you an application. You could get an entry level office job,” Hitomi said with a smile.

Saber felt heat fill her cheeks as she said, “I must admit that I do not have the skills to do such a thing.”

“Well, I’m sure they’ll teach you how to use a computer and stuff,” Hitomi said with a smile.

Saber shook her head and said, “I am afraid my skill set is ill suited for most forms of employment.”

A frown washed over Hitomi’s round features as her eyes narrowed thoughtfully. She said, “Don’t sell yourself short, Saber-chan.”

Saber forced a smile on her face and said, “It is truly not a bother. I will miss your company.”

“Hey, just because we’re not working together doesn’t mean we can’t hang out,” Hitomi said as she placed her hand on Saber’s shoulder.

Saber bit her lip and nodded. I doubt that would be wise, Hitomi, but she did not say the words. Instead she forced her smile to widen and said, “That is quite true. So, what position did you acquire?”

“Lab Assistant. Sure, it makes less than I what I do in tips here, but its stable and there’s no slow season,” the other woman said with a grin, “And I get to do work that actually has a vague inkling to what I really want to do.”

Saber smiled and said, “Good. I am sure you will do great things, Hitomi.”

“Well, I should let you eat your food, it’s even worse cold,” Hitomi said, “And I’d better do some work. I’m not out of here yet.” With a wink, smile and a wave, the other girl was gone, leaving Saber with her less than pleasing food.

She quickly ate and returned to the floor after her break. As always the work became a blur of faces, voices and servitude. She shut her mind off, glad of the clatter as always. The rest of her shift went smoothly, her tips were as generous as always even though most of the patrons asked her repeatedly to say their names over and over again with a dreamy look on their faces. She had no idea why her voice was so pleasing to them, but it was not her place to deny them something so simple.

She dressed back into her street clothing with her uniform secured to go home, rest and start the routine all over again.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A dismal routine.
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"