Page 33 of 302 FirstFirst ... 23283132333435384383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    So I finally got off my ass (and Torchlight 2) and updated the index.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTags View Post
    And where the heck are recommendations for TOUEI, Cascade's Takara work! The character interaction, his understanding of and placing an OC not of his own making and the swarm of believabe OC's with great depth of character and lifelike detail make it a must read. I doubt many other fic writers just make up their own city as a character, and even put in backstory for it.

Not only that where's O.Hakubi's Shiki and Arc's Kid. While nobody's gonna give her great props for inventive titling that girl can write a great in depth story. It keeps you guessing, tugs your heart strings, sates one's need for violence on occasion, all while being wrapped around a singularly original character. Come on this one was required reading on BL1 let's see some love for it here.
    So that's your endorsement, but there's no summary to speak of. I don't know these stories, I can't write the summaries myself. The summary is the single most important thing in a rec.
    Last edited by Kyte; January 6th, 2013 at 09:41 PM.

Whu it actually worked? I mean how do you like the power of my Gae Bolg you wanton demon!?
    Ja vol!

I'm not a great summary person. I'll get together with Kieran and maybe the writers and toss something up in a few days. Gotta at least read Destined Legacies while I'm at it. These Takara fics just get my head all turned around.

Off to the races!
    <mrtags> At least I got to be lancer the space marine, drm got omake'd into the little pink and purple butt plunger
    <DrmChsr0> I have to admit, it was funny.

Don't displease Tiny Turtle

Blog Entries
    Smells Like a Teen Spirit by Roadbuster- Canaan x Melty Blood Crossover. Canaan finds herself in China again after the events with Alphard had unfolded some time ago. While experiencing deja vu from past events, Canaan finds herself caught in a battle more supernatural than even her unique talents can call for. Luckily for her Riesbyfe Stridberg is there to help. Author does a nice job capturing Canaan's unique thought patterns and knows a lot about guns. Oh, and Yuri hints of Ries and Sion as well.

Nice Boat by Roadbuster- Luviagelita Edelfelt and Emiya Shirou are undercover for the Magi Association to investigate strange happenings on Fem's Casa. They find that the cruise boat is housing a Dead Apostle while fighting their some what "forbidden" attraction to each other. Lemon. Shirou x Luvia.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Smells Like a Teen Spirit by Roadbuster- Canaan x Melty Blood Crossover. Canaan finds herself in China again after the events with Alphard had unfolded some time ago. While experiencing deja vu from past events, Canaan finds herself caught in a battle more supernatural than even her unique talents can call for. Luckily for her Riesbyfe Stridberg is there to help. Author does a nice job capturing Canaan's unique thought patterns and knows a lot about guns. Oh, and Yuri hints of Ries and Sion as well.

Nice Boat by Roadbuster- Luviagelita Edelfelt and Emiya Shirou are undercover for the Magi Association to investigate strange happenings on Fem's Casa. They find that the cruise boat is housing a Dead Apostle while fighting their some what "forbidden" attraction to each other. Lemon. Shirou x Luvia.
    *Raises eyebrow*

Spoilered for your convenience

Or he just knows that Sakura's vagina isn't the scary place everyone else thinks it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    A good box is like a good woman: thick, sturdy, and easy to get into.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Breasts aren't made of concrete. They do change shape- gravity, orientation, momentum.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I am thy lord thy canon pairing. Thou shalt not have any other pairings before me.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblueknighto View Post
    Horrible people don't like bacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Holy shit man you're magical.
    Words don't have genders you illiterate fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    I am 100% uncultured swine.
    We now live in a world where a Final Fantasy VII remake will exist before the Tsukihime remake.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    That's why RB needs to do another entry for the 2013 contest.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't trust RB, he probably would even sleep with one of the judges!
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Whu it actually worked? I mean how do you like the power of my Gae Bolg you wanton demon!?
    This post has been moved to the previous page.

Please look there for the summaries of Touei and Daughter of Shinigami.

Thank you.
    Last edited by MrTags; January 11th, 2013 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Moving summaries
    <mrtags> At least I got to be lancer the space marine, drm got omake'd into the little pink and purple butt plunger
    <DrmChsr0> I have to admit, it was funny.

Don't displease Tiny Turtle

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    That's why RB needs to do another entry for the 2013 contest.
    So, you give the stories a +1 then, IRUN?

But seriously, he does need to write more if he had time.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    +1s from me, yes.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Working with Kieran... hell he did them so well I can just copy and paste them... I've got your summaries for you.

For "Daughter of Shinigami": Satsuki Arima is very much her parents' daughter. She looks like her mother, renowned fashion model Arcueid Brunestud, and has her father's love of knives. And because she's her parents' daughter, when she starts having visions of a vampiric murderer who's killing people, she just has to investigate - if only to prove to herself that she didn't do it.

For "TOUEI": Following the Sixth Holy Grail War, Takara Aozaki heads off to university, where she meets a very strange and stubborn boy named Kira. And as if she needed more irritation than that, the pair soon encounters an enemy that Takara can't kill - and Kira nearly is killed, saving her life. Now the pair of them are indebted to a mysterious magus, who has errands for them to run . . . It's almost enough to make her nostalgic for the Grail War - at least she knew what was going on, then.

We have to get Kieran up and writing before his morning coffee more often. ^_^
    these both sound terrible

TOUEI:
    Akitaka was not a large city, but a new one. In an entirely different area of Misaki's prefecture, it had a temperate climate and a wide coastal basin to work with, as well an almost perfectly circular urban area.
    We don't need no plot, let the motherfucker TRAVELOGUE (this goes on for six paragraphs or so, just for reference.)

TOUEI:
    The family name she’d taken upon herself was Aozaki. There was no need for the instincts of a sublime killer inside her mind anymore.
    Genetics!

Daughter of Shinigami:
    She looked the box over with a puzzled expression before lifting up the top, and immediately her eyes lit up: Inside was an exquisitely crafted teardrop-shaped switchblade knife, an intricate swirling pattern of turquoise inlaid into the gleaming steel handle."Oh, wow! This is the greatest gift ever!" Once again hugging her mother tightly, she skipped off towards her room to revel in her new gift.
    Arcueid shook her head as she went back to reading. "You really are your father's child..."

I know that I always remember the time my hot date cut shit into a million pieces then was super afraid because "Holy shit how did I do that"

15. EXT. POV SHOT - ALLEY - NIGHT

WE SCRIPT FORMAT NOW
    Last edited by Frantic Author; January 10th, 2013 at 12:56 AM. Reason: reviews reviews reviews
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I don't trust RB, he probably would even sleep with one of the judges!
    I thought the problem was that the judges would all be clamoring to sleep with Elf's manslave?

Blog Entries
    With the release of Gabriel Blessing's most recent chapter (#36) of In Flight, I hereby give that fic a ( -1 ) de-recommendation. It was bad, and he should feel bad for butchering UBW!Shirou's character this badly. Before it was just "has some divergence from the canon character that's not fully explained", but now it has entered the territory of "what is this fuckery?!". If there are changes, or so-called "character development", it should be shown before the character pulls off crazy OOC stuff like in Ch36 of IF. Forget MoS!Shirou or even Archer, IF!ShirouMC has gone so far beyond what Shirou stood for I can't even call this a Nasuverse fic anymore.

I don't hate the SoL bits of IF, with the most I have felt being a bit bored of those, and with the most recent events I feel more of those might have been preferable to the action/'serious' stuff finally starting. Finally kicking off events is good, but when the events aren't up to standard it's disappointing. Too much characters, introducing them and then sends them off-setting because he couldn't deal with the interactions. Might have been better if he said "screw canon" earlier and didn't give Shirou Minato's canon flock. It's good GB knows when is too much and attempts to salvage it by sending characters away however.

I'm not that focused on Nasuverse lore/mechanics, so GB messing those up isn't too annoying to me. Additionally, my belief is 'canon exists to be changed for the sake of making a good story'. However, his (not wholly unjustified, but somewhat unreasonable) enmity and flaming towards people that wants to correct him is a point against his writing (see here for example, post #211, #216, and #237). When a writer collapses into that level I believe it's a lost cause to even raise suggestions.

tl;dr - In Flight is something I would not recommend to people because of long SoL scenes, a poor grasp of canon material, OOC for 'Shirou', and little hope of improvement as the fic is written. It does have its good points, such as good humour in places and decent fight scenes, but for every part of those there is probably three parts of SoL or (possibly inaccurate) infodump.
    Elf, dealing fanfic crack for Beast Lair since 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    Elf: Crack Dealer. Story at eleven.
    'Fae is Foul' - My SAO/ZnT Crossover fanfic (SB Thread) (FFN Link)

I'm also have to derec ( -1 ) In Flight, for the same reason's as above. Any hope I had that GB will turn it around is now crushed.

On a more positve note, I'm going to recommend ( +1 ) Promises of a Wandering Hero. The only problems I can see with it is that the author isn't a native English speaker, and two of the girls (Naru and Motoko) are acting harsher then canon, Motoko especially. However, the author has stated on his FF forum thread that chapter 10 will (partially?) explain Motoko's hatred on men, and has confirmed that it has something to do with the Inversion Impulse. Also, Tsuruko is apparently not married in this story.....

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    -1 to In flight. Well, I had the faintest hope for this story when it was still just beginning. It looked fun, even though I hesitated when I saw it was crossed with Sekirei( a mindless Harem manga with a terrible MC and plot). Then GB squashed that hope with his endless infodump, purple padding, OOC Shirou, and boring SoL. I guess this story would have worked out better, if, and only if, it was MoS Shirou and not UBW Shirou.

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

黒いスサノヲ, Black Susano'oh IhaxlikeNoob's Avatar
    If it's as become as bad as everyone's said its become then I'm glad that didn't read it fully.
    No offense intended to Blessing though.
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    There's a whole thread dedicated to discussing his works on this forum, so there is obviously an interest in them. Not including them and the hundreds of down votes on the recommended fics sticky doesn't really seem right.
    And the Kelnish is vindicated!

Still stand by my rec, for the reasons I stated.

Banned
    I'm not going to actually downvote IF, but I'd like my rec removed.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Working with Kieran... hell he did them so well I can just copy and paste them... I've got your summaries for you.

For "Daughter of Shinigami": Satsuki Arima is very much her parents' daughter. She looks like her mother, renowned fashion model Arcueid Brunestud, and has her father's love of knives. And because she's her parents' daughter, when she starts having visions of a vampiric murderer who's killing people, she just has to investigate - if only to prove to herself that she didn't do it.

For "TOUEI": Following the Sixth Holy Grail War, Takara Aozaki heads off to university, where she meets a very strange and stubborn boy named Kira. And as if she needed more irritation than that, the pair soon encounters an enemy that Takara can't kill - and Kira nearly is killed, saving her life. Now the pair of them are indebted to a mysterious magus, who has errands for them to run . . . It's almost enough to make her nostalgic for the Grail War - at least she knew what was going on, then.

We have to get Kieran up and writing before his morning coffee more often. ^_^
    'k. I'm linking the previous post though so you might wanna merge the two. Also jeez dude it's just a summary couldn't you've done it yourself.

I feel like I should question the validity of your reccing but what the shit I'll add it.

--

Also updated everything else. Jesus god Gabe what the hell.

Blog Entries
    +1 to Promises of a Wandering Hero.
    +1 to Path of the King.

Neoalfa has outdone himself yet again.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeOfPower View Post
    Neoalfa has outdone himself yet again.
    Yeah, no. The last Promises chapter was so full of shit I'm actually going to give it a -1 as soon as the weekend comes and I have the writing time to bash it properly.