Page 179 of 302 FirstFirst ... 79129169174177178179180181184189229279 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,580 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    For reference, it says Tsubamegaeshi, or something like that.
    With the death character pun that Nasu can't get enough of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

I'm trying to decide which stories have the best fight scenes, both in quality, and in keeping with the actual physical and destructive abilities of the Servants. After all, there are some good fight scenes that are written by people who have only seen the anime, and thus base the capabilities of the Servants off of what they see in the anime. Any suggestions?

Edit: It doesn't have to be a good story all in all, I'm mainly just looking for good fight scenes that stick to the true capabilities of the Servants.
    Last edited by EVA-Saiyajin; December 1st, 2013 at 10:39 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Chaos Theory is the only one I can think of that deals with Servants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EVA-Saiyajin View Post
    It doesn't have to be a good story all in all, I'm mainly just looking for good fight scenes that stick to the true capabilities of the Servants.
    I have to say, I find it very unlikely that you'd find a story that is bad yet happens to stay canon-consistent with Servants. Wanking anybody has got to be one of the biggest problems in any animu fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I have to say, I find it very unlikely that you'd find a story that is bad yet happens to stay canon-consistent with Servants. Wanking anybody has got to be one of the biggest problems in any animu fiction.
    I don't know. From Fake Dreams struck me as a story that, while having many flaws (unfortunately), had at least a few good fight scenes when it came to the Servants.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Like?

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    FFD got to the point of Servant battles? I thought I kept hearing that it was over a dozen chapters in and still pre-HGW.

Freelance philosopher. Full-time grouch. Lunaludus Scribex's Avatar
    FFD got to the point of Servant battles? I thought I kept hearing that it was over a dozen chapters in and still pre-HGW.
    The War finally started in chapter 22.

The FFD fight scenes are pretty good, but as far as sticking to the Servants' canon capabilites...well, it's FFD. It goes without saying what happens to canon there.

The problem is there really aren't that many fics of any quality that actually take place during the HGW (the 5th, at least--Fate/Zero fics do a lot of playing around with the 4th). Most of them take place either before or after, or are one-shots that don't focus too much on battle. Chaos Theory really is about the only good FSN-era story during the War itself that comes to mind. Path of the King might get there eventually, but the War hasn't really started yet in that fic.

US Friend Code
    It's been in the grail war for a while but for the record there was more than a dozen chapters before HGW

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There was Archer and Rider vs OC!Assassin, and Saber and Rider vs two Medeas. And maybe Archer vs Lancer. Nothing too noteworthy.

Blog Entries
    +1 to 燕返死 by Velsper.

A FSN fic, it focuses on the past of one of the more oft-forgotten servants: Assassin. While most of the time his past as a farmer is described as mundane, where all he really did was swing swords at swallows, this story puts a darker spin on it. I would say more, but that would ruin the surprise. Just know that it's pretty chilling and really, really good.
    Almost forgot about this. +1 as well.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    TF should've made Shirou go the for Zouken route. It'd instantly make the fic 20x more interesting.

Maybe, Prismatic Chaos? That had some pretty good fight scenes. And...maybe Tainted Ideals? Possibly Lancer Gets Serious.

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose there's also the unfinished quest by Rihaku on spacebattles. Only a few fights, only two (three, sort of) between Servants, but they were great. The last one with Lancelot vs Ionian Hetairoi was seriously epic. Pity he stopped that quest.
    Last edited by EVA-Saiyajin; December 1st, 2013 at 11:34 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Are you looking for quality or powerlevels?

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    +1 to needless Japanese title.
    I'll never regret going through the TM wiki and a kanji dictionary so I could push the pun on Vel. :V

Btw, that's a +1 to the story itself, right?
    Last edited by Kyte; December 2nd, 2013 at 12:36 AM.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    I'll never regret going through the TM wiki and a kanji dictionary so I could push the pun on Vel. :V

Btw, that's a +1 to the story itself, right?
    Yep. Solid overall, and it captures that 'OH GOD I'M SLOWLY GOING CRAZY' feel that Tsukihime has.

Are you looking for quality or powerlevels?
    Quality is always good, and what do you mean by powerlevels? I just don't want the characters underpowered or following the anime in terms of power, which may be what you were referring to.

+1 to 燕返死 by Velsper.

A FSN fic, it focuses on the past of one of the more oft-forgotten servants: Assassin. While most of the time his past as a farmer is described as mundane, where all he really did was swing swords at swallows, this story puts a darker spin on it. I would say more, but that would ruin the surprise. Just know that it's pretty chilling and really, really good.
    I shall +1 this moonrune cluster.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    +1 to Swallow Death Return, which is not a description of what happens after a long night of hard drinking despite its name.