US Friend Code
    That wouldn't be Shinji any more.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    That wouldn't be Shinji any more.
    Show how he became better person? You know Character development
    Last edited by HercFan; June 18th, 2013 at 10:43 PM.

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HercFan View Post
    Show hoe he became better person? You know Character development
    I think I heard of what you're talking about. In F/SN, there's this route called UBW where Shinji eventually reforms.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

Or are there any fic the make Shinji into a nicer person
    FWIW, there's a Shinji-is-slightly-more-tolerable snippet in my drabbles thread called "And The Weak Do What They Must" that I wrote on a dare. Not sure if you'd seen it already, so I thought I might as well mention it.

EDIT: And Eureka (which is listed on the main page under longer stories, I think) has a young Shirou rehabilitating an equally young Shinji into a pretty neat guy. Does a good job portraying it, too.
    Last edited by Zalgo Jenkins; June 19th, 2013 at 12:00 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Are there any fic that focus on Hercules or he is an important character? Or are there any fic the make Shinji into a nicer person
    I've read one where Shirou summoned him in the Saber class and one where Illya summoned him in the Saber class(I think Shirou had Astolfo)

Or are there any fic the make Shinji into a nicer person
    There's Kariya's Legacy. It is a thing that exists, and it's accrued eight +recs from people who are not me in this thread.

Also, +1 to Saint of Zero and to Echoes of the Void. These are good things. Especially SoZ, which has managed to get through five chapters of having St. George be upright, honest, pious, and generally paladin-like and yet neither particularly annoying nor a dick. This pleases me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BlackField View Post
    I've read one where Shirou summoned him in the Saber class and one where Illya summoned him in the Saber class(I think Shirou had Astolfo)
    In "Dual Wielding" Herc is summoned as Saber (Shirou gets Saber Lily as Lancer).
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    There's Kariya's Legacy. It is a thing that exists, and it's accrued eight +recs from people who are not me in this thread.

Also, +1 to Saint of Zero and to Echoes of the Void. These are good things. Especially SoZ, which has managed to get through five chapters of having St. George be upright, honest, pious, and generally paladin-like and yet neither particularly annoying nor a dick. This pleases me.
    Thank you these fics are what I was looking for

I thought Saint of Zero was promising until SS made Louise conclude that the guy wearing ornate plate armor was some rank and file soldier. It just went downhill from there.

Thank you these fics are what I was looking for
    I will note that the +1s to Saint of Zero and Echoes of the Void are not responsive to your question; they're just recs.
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nununu View Post
    I thought Saint of Zero was promising until SS made Louise conclude that the guy wearing ornate plate armor was some rank and file soldier. It just went downhill from there.
    Agreed. Saint George is some commoner soldier?!?!
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    I will note that the +1s to Saint of Zero and Echoes of the Void are not responsive to your question; they're just recs.
    Oh ya I already knew that. One was about Saint George and I forgot about what the other one was about

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    I'd like to rec this fic: Clarent Blood Arthur. The rec may be a bit premature, but I quite like the premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    Pro-tip: laziness is unbecoming.

I thought I had. =X

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8493959/...ouls-of-Heroes
    I might be a tad biased, as I'm a loyal follower of From Software games, but +1 to this. Shirou, Rin and Saber in a well written Demon's Souls story? FUCKING SOLD!

To give more reasons about why I give a +1, the story diverges from canon Fate route just before Archer is killed in the fight against Berserker. For some reason I don't remember right now, the wonder trio ends in Boletaria, and has to fight to survive and discover how they can return to Fuyuki. And, unlike the Demon Slayer, they don't return to the nexus once killed. The characters are well written, the story is that of Demon's Souls, but with a few tweaks thanks to the intrusion of those three, and characters DIE, period! Oh, and those nifty souls that empowers the characters in Demon's Souls when soul magic is used? well, let's say that absorving an archdemon soul can be bad for your life unless you can tame it, and power doesn't mean anything when it comes to taming said souls! The boost of power if you manages, though, is very nifty... usually.
    Last edited by Ergast; June 20th, 2013 at 06:14 PM.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Now if only it was Dark Souls... I never played Demon's Souls.

I had played Dark Souls far more than Demon Souls, and as a game I like it a bit better than Demon, but I had to say that the stories of the NPC's of Demon Souls were, at least for me, better than the ones of Dark Souls. Specially with Ostrava, Mefistofeles and Yurt. The only NPC that I felt had the same depth was maybe Solaire. Mind you, I mean about characters that actually help you in the story in actual combat and in the adventure, not just giving you advise or selling or teaching you things. I even liked Freke better than Logan (Freke is the equivalent to Logan)

That said, I like better the story of the Chosen Undead that the story of the Demon Slayer. And, unlike Dark Souls, Demon souls had a more clear good ending and bad ending. Dark Souls endings were way less blatant about what was good or bad.

Spoiler:
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Death is only the stepping stone to success. Santo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    Dark Souls endings were way less blatant about what was good or bad.
    Dark Souls didn't really explain the ending much at all. xD

I could have sworn I was just lighting a bonfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergast View Post
    I had played Dark Souls far more than Demon Souls, and as a game I like it a bit better than Demon, but I had to say that the stories of the NPC's of Demon Souls were, at least for me, better than the ones of Dark Souls. Specially with Ostrava, Mefistofeles and Yurt. The only NPC that I felt had the same depth was maybe Solaire.
    I actually think Siegmeyer has just as much if not more depth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergast
    I even liked Freke better than Logan (Freke is the equivalent to Logan)
    I never liked Logan much, but I liked the hat. Does Freke have an awesome hat?

Quote Originally Posted by Santo View Post
    Dark Souls didn't really explain the ending much at all. xD

I could have sworn I was just lighting a bonfire.
    In Dark Souls there are two endings. Lighting the bonfire, and thus prolonging the rule of the Gods at the cost of your life and your soul, or not lighting in, becoming the dark lord, beggining the age of humanity and making sure that the world ends in the Dark. Good luck discerning what is the good ending and what is the bad ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    I actually think Siegmeyer has just as much if not more depth.
    True. Still, Ostrava has more of development, if you ask me.

I never liked Logan much, but I liked the hat. Does Freke have an awesome hat?
    Nah, Logan is still the king of awesome hats. He has a nice dagger for mages, on the other hand.

Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    +1 to Vestigial Mercies

lesbian witch from hell kay4today's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticFellow View Post
    I think I heard of what you're talking about. In F/SN, there's this route called UBW where Shinji eventually reforms.
    We pretty much only hear "Oh yeah, Shinji's not that big of an asshole anymore.", so I'm not sure if that counts as focusing on him being a nicer person.