Page 121 of 302 FirstFirst ... 2171111116119120121122123126131171221 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,420 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    That doesn't sound like a good thing, actually.
    This.

It's one thing when you have the narrator (and probably some highly educated characters) speaking like they're picking the longest and most obscure words they can find out fo the dictionary. It's another thing entirely when the entire piece is written like the writer's afraid somebody'll finish, or even understand, the fic.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    This.

It's one thing when you have the narrator (and probably some highly educated characters) speaking like they're picking the longest and most obscure words they can find out fo the dictionary. It's another thing entirely when the entire piece is written like the writer's afraid somebody'll finish, or even understand, the fic.
    How does it feel to be a member of the plebeian peasants killing literature?

Blog Entries
    Antidisestablishmentarianism.

Yes, it's a legit word.
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

+1 to And Then Rin Messed Up, and hoping for a sequel.

I'll go +1 on "And Then Rin Messed Up" as well.
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

Another Day At the Office Riven's Avatar
    Because I felt it was time for me to do this again:

+1

Title: Fate/Night Sky
    Author:
    fraggle
    Genre:
    Action, Drama, Tragedy, Crossover (Nanoha)
    Summary:
    It was just a small wish: To live with their master and their friends as those uneventful days passed by, to see him grow up as he chased his ideals by his own strength. To become an ally of justice; a hero who can save everyone.
    Pairings:
    None At the Moment
    Comments:
    Probably the best Nasuverse/Nanoha crossover I've read thus far. Rather than mash the two universes together along the lines of canon, the fic instead starts off with the basis of Shirou becoming the Master of the Book of Darkness and the Wolkenritter at a young age, keeps it firmly grounded in the FSN setting, while slowly introducing elements from the Nanoha-verse. Scenes transition smoothly from light hearted comedy and slice of life to darker, plot moving points without feeling out of place, and the main cast feels well situated for both. The character interactions are varied and interesting, even those involving just the supporting cast. The fic also delves into the development of Shirou's character very well, but thankfully stays away from overplaying his hero tendencies.

Title: Postnupital Disagreements
    Author:
    Zalgo Jenkins
    Genre:
    Action, Drama, Romance (if you can call it that)
    Summary:
    Years after his parents survived Heaven's Feel, the son of Kayneth and Sola-Ui finds himself in a different sort of supernatural tournament. But can he survive superpowered alien females, scheming businessmen, and his own partner's urge to strangle him?
    Pairings: Meriwether x Benitsubasa
    Comments:
    If there's one good thing that the utter trainwreck that is In Flight brought into this world, it's this fic. The premise itself is a mix of a surprising well thought out AU on the Fate Stay Night side (which drastically changes the outcome of the Fourth War) and a heroine shift on the Sekirei side. The result is one of the most hilariously dysfunctional pairings in fanfiction. Aside from the Romantic Comedy aside though, the narrator shift to the child of an old school magus provides some interesting internal dialogue as well as a darker outlook on the nature of Sekirei and their little tournament. Furthermore, the fic strays very far from canon, so the plot is refreshingly original.

(Yes, I realize I already +1'd this next one, but I wanted to be a bit more in depth.)

Title:
    Went Left, Mind Flayers
    Author:
    Arashi_Lionheart
    Genre:
    Adventure, Supernatural, Drama, Horror
    Summary:
    Both Shiki and Shirou's high schools share a senior trip destination. Unfortunately, that destination is into the home of a crazed magi and his demonic aberrations. When separated from the rest, Arihiko, Ayako, Shinji, Satsuki, and Issei must somehow band together to survive a land of horrors. Post-Ciel, Post-UBW.
    Pairings: Shiki x Ciel, Rin x Shirou (though both are hardly focused on)
    Comments:
    A rather interesting story that chooses to stick the supporting casts of Tsukihime and FSN together rather than the main characters. The odd companions are then thrown into a situation full of high school drama, teenage hormones, and ... monsters? Despite the somewhat baffling setup, the interplay between all the characters is solid and sometimes hilarious, the tension is definitely present during the horror scenes, and Satsuki gets to show off her stuff. Overall, a great short story.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    How does it feel to be a member of the plebeian peasants killing literature?
    The unwashed masses yearn to stuff yer fancypants dikshunneries up yer bung'oles.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    Because I felt it was time for me to do this again:

+1

Title: Fate/Night Sky
    Author:
    fraggle
    Genre:
    Action, Drama, Tragedy, Crossover (Nanoha)
    Summary:
    It was just a small wish: To live with their master and their friends as those uneventful days passed by, to see him grow up as he chased his ideals by his own strength. To become an ally of justice; a hero who can save everyone.
    Pairings:
    None At the Moment
    Comments:
    Probably the best Nasuverse/Nanoha crossover I've read thus far. Rather than mash the two universes together along the lines of canon, the fic instead starts off with the basis of Shirou becoming the Master of the Book of Darkness and the Wolkenritter at a young age, keeps it firmly grounded in the FSN setting, while slowly introducing elements from the Nanoha-verse. Scenes transition smoothly from light hearted comedy and slice of life to darker, plot moving points without feeling out of place, and the main cast feels well situated for both. The character interactions are varied and interesting, even those involving just the supporting cast. The fic also delves into the development of Shirou's character very well, but thankfully stays away from overplaying his hero tendencies.
    +1 to Fate/Night Sky again, because it goddamn well deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
    +1 to Fate/Night Sky again, because it goddamn well deserves it.
    i second this, i can only wait until it's finished.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    The slow burn of Fate/Night Sky works out pleasingly well so a +1 from me as well. Might as well also offer a +1 to fraggle's Lyrical Days while I'm at it.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

I have some fics to recommend they are by Cosmic Compiler:

All three are Crossovers with Fate/Stay night, but at different points, the first one

Title: Castlevania Fate of the Dragon
    Author:
    Cosmic Compiler
    Genre:
    Action, Drama, Tragedy, Crossover (Castlevania)
    Summary:
    A young Mathias Cronqvist meets Altria Pendragon, watch how he loves her and loses her, leading him to become the lord of the night, Lord Dracula.
    Pairings:
    Mathias Cronqvist X Altria Pendragon.

Title: Castlevania Finale of the Dark Ballad
    Author: Cosmic Compiler
    Genre:
    Summary:
    1999 AC Julius Belmont participant of the third grail war summons Saber for the last battle against the forces of Darkness.
    Pairings:
    Mathias Elizabeth Baltroy X Dracula, Altria Pendragon x Dracula.

Title: Castlevania Minuet of a Cursed Fate
    Genre:
    Summary:
    Julius Belmont has laid Dracula to rest and has reincarnated onto Soma Cruz, but the forces of darkness do not wish to let the count to rest peace and so Soma is forced to summon Saber in a new HGW.
    Pairings:
    Soma Cruz X Altria Pendragon, Shirou Emiya x ???.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    >Altria
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hundreds of fics still using "Arturia" and you single out one that uses a SLIGHTLY less incorrect variation.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors gwonbush's Avatar
    Unfortunately, it's canon.

Edit: Altria that is. Arturia makes little sense, but sounds better. Artoria is the most correct version.
    Last edited by gwonbush; September 19th, 2013 at 07:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    I am of the personal belief that the Tsukihime Remake is two years from release. It will remain as such until a release date is announced, at which time its actual release date is 6 months after that date.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Hundreds of fics still using "Arturia"
    What are you going to do about it, Koto? Huh?
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Artoria is literally canon.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Engrish is as engrish does.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Idaho View Post
    I have some fics to recommend they are by Cosmic Compiler:

All three are Crossovers with Fate/Stay night, but at different points, the first one

Title: Castlevania Fate of the Dragon
    Author:
    Cosmic Compiler
    Genre:
    Summary:
    A young Mathias Cronqvist meets Altria Pendragon, watch how he loves her and loses her, leading him to become the lord of the night, Lord Dracula.
    Pairings:
    Mathias Cronqvist X Altria Pendragon.

Title: Castlevania Finale of the Dark Ballad
    Genre:
    Summary:
    1999 AC Julius Belmont participant of the third grail war summons Saber for the last battle against the forces of Darkness.
    Pairings:
    Mathias Elizabeth Baltroy X Dracula, Altria Pendragon x Dracula.

Title: Castlevania Minuet of a Cursed Fate
    Genre:
    Summary:
    Julius Belmont has laid Dracula to rest and has reincarnated onto Soma Cruz, but the forces of darkness do not wish to let the count to rest peace and so Soma is forced to summon Saber in a new HGW.
    Pairings:
    Soma Cruz X Altria Pendragon, Shirou Emiya x ???.
    Where's the review. I require a minimum of user input, not just coypasting.

Vigilant. Relied Upon. Vigilantia's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gwonbush View Post
    Unfortunately, it's canon.

Edit: Altria that is. Arturia makes little sense, but sounds better. Artoria is the most correct version.

It'll take a fate remake and correct translation to change people's opinion about which one is the "right" one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Where's the review. I require a minimum of user input, not just coypasting.
    For Fate of the dragon i cannot say much, it takes a new look at Altria own problems, she is a king passing for a man and slowly falls in love with one of the few that know her secret, likewise the young Cronqvist starts falling in love with Altria, beyond that i cannot say the fic has only one chapter.

For Finale of the Dark Ballad it takes an other interesting step, we learn that Altria is well aware who Mathias became, thus it changed her wish to a degree, i find that interesting, she went from wanting herself erased from history to wanting to redeem or end Mathias Suffering.

Minuet of a Cursed fate has the unwilling Soma Cruz start a relationship with Saber, while he so far looks like a clone of Shirou he is by far smarter than shirou ever was in his war, he also has access to his own brand of spells, soul scan, he checks his soul for past spells or weapons and can reproduce them, an interesting take on Soma's powers of Domination over the soul.