Page 180 of 302 FirstFirst ... 80130170175178179180181182185190230280 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 6035

Thread: Recommended Type-Moon Fanfics Discussion II: Electric Boogaloo

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Ted View Post
    It will never update.

Seika a laze

Blog Entries
    New recommendation:

Title: Twelve Days of Noel
    Author: Verg Avesta

The Beast Lair Christmas special story of 2013. Theme of '(crack) pairings'. Yet another well done series of Christmas theme stories. Needs a better summary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Elf, dealing fanfic crack for Beast Lair since 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    Elf: Crack Dealer. Story at eleven.
    'Fae is Foul' - My SAO/ZnT Crossover fanfic (SB Thread) (FFN Link)

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'll +1 Twelve Days of Noel.

And for a summery: When preparing for the Christmas party, Azaka and Avenger get trapped in Zelretch's Treasure Chest, and in trying to phone for help get glimpses into parallel worlds.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Tiger Dojo Can't Stop Won't Stop Nephirin's Avatar
    So I had some free time and figured I'd go through the list and add my own +1's.

Long

+1 Chaos Theory
    +1 Fate/Revelation Online
    +1 Sword Vector
    +1 Fate EMIYA

short

+1 Lunatique
    +1 Went Left, Mindflayers
    +1 I Am Not There
    +1 A Study In Velvet
    +1 Death and Justice
    +1 Mind of Aluminum
    +1 Mirror, Mirror
    +1 Faker
    +1 A Tale of Two Shikis

NSFW

+1 And Then Rin Messed Up
    +1 Shared Resonance of Possession Experience
    +1 Didn't Even Make It... series
    +1 Nice Boat

Obviously there's a few others that deserve honorable mention, but I'll be withholding recs from whether because they are obviously dead in the water or require some further observation. (Or because I was basically skimming the main index and going off of what I remember from the fics that I've read).

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Withdrawing my rec from A Witch's Tale of the Fourth Holy Grail War, due to the fact that it will never see completion. I cannot in good faith put my name behind it as a positive supporter for this reason alone. I am now neutral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Koori is a miracle of the forum.

Seriously.

This fandom needs more happily gay men.

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    Is there even such a thing called "withdrawing your recommendations"?

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

Quote Originally Posted by Renko View Post
    Is there even such a thing called "withdrawing your recommendations"?
    Ayup. I had removed at least one of my recomendations some time ago (and changed it for a -1)

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningphoenix View Post
    Rin: "I wanted Saber..."
    Archer: "What? But Archers are all insanely OP, it's like a rule or something, why would you think Sabers were better?"
    Rin: "Sabers are more molestable..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    AC!Rin. Fixing problems one moan at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of Eyes View Post
    Denizens of another dimension, meet Rin Tohsaka, Tsundere of Mass Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    I dont even know what Lunatique is. I assume it's terrible for the sake of argument.

Freelance philosopher. Full-time grouch. Lunaludus Scribex's Avatar
    It's been a while since I went through the index. Let's see what jumps out at me...

+1

Fate Revolution Online: Kayaba Akihiko using SAO as an involuntary magic tutorial device for the players is an intriguing idea. There are many different ways this could go, and it will be interesting to see how the author proceeds. Ilya as the contact point of the crossover works quite well (and the idea that she was not only a former beta, but a shameless troll, fits her character a little too well).

Life is an Endless Dream: I was a big fan of the original, and there's nothing in the rewrite that would make me change my mind. Excellent character interactions and the battles so far have been very nicely done.

Lyrical Days: I up-voted the original, and nothing in this version changes my opinion.

Fate/Reach Out: This is a slow-moving fic, but some of the changes Shirou's already made to the Persona 4 storyline are very interesting. If all goes as planned, this story is supposed to cover both the events of P4 and then the Holy Grail War (and then possibly P4 Arena)...and judging by comments the author has made in other places, it promises to be a glorious clusterfuck.

God Slaying Blade Works: Considering all the flack it's received, this one was a very, very pleasant surprise. The plot isn't for everyone--with a Campione crossover, super-Shirou is pretty much par for the course--but that aside, there's very little to complain about here. The author plays games with canon (the most blatant apparent contradiction--post-HF Shirou having memories of fighting Gilgamesh--was deliberate, foreshadowing one of said games) but he seems to have a solid grasp of the fact that he's playing games, and they fit in well with the overall story. The writing is at a high level, and the two major god battles thus far are very well done.

Path of the King: On the one hand, it's pretty well-written, ambitious in scope, and seems to have a good idea of where it's going. On the other hand, the "masked vigilante" storyline that takes up the early part of the fic is ridiculous, and the OCs are aggravating (particularly the "not-a-crossover" Persona 4 cameos). The latter chapters are very good, and what's hinted at in the future shows promise...but as it stands right now, there's an awful lot of dreck you have to wade through first.

Promises of a Wandering Hero: On the one hand, this is a pretty good story, especially for a Love Hina crossover. The LH characters aren't subjected to nearly the flanderization/bashfest seen in many LH fics (which is saying something, considering how bad they are at the start) and unlike most such stories, there's actual growth here. The FSN side hasn't seen a lot of exposure to this point, but the few elements of the HF AU seen to this point are intriguing. The problem, as with PotK, is the early chapters. In the case of PoaWH, it's the writing: It's HORRID. Frequent misspellings and punctuation errors, misused words, and awkward phrasing litter the first part of the story; it's a pain to get through.

The World Without: That author's a dick.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

That's not a valid reason to -1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    See kids, this is why turning off signatures is bad.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    *checks sig*

Oh. Well then.

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Or comparing username and author. :V

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I've never read TWW.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    I've never read TWW.
    Do it. Seriously, do it. It's a fantastic story.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

lesbian witch from hell kay4today's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    See kids, this is why turning off signatures is bad.
    I had the same thought as Kirby and my signatures aren't turned off, I just didn't notice it. :c

Also +1 to Fate EMIYA. It's actually an interesting take on Shirou after the HGW with no shoehorned Sixth War. The pairing is done very well and actually interesting, and while I usually dislike 1st person view, in this fic it doesn't make me want to tear my eyes out and punch my laptop so that's always a plus.

If only it could update faster!

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    That's not a valid reason to -1.
    This had me rollin. Can't believe you fell for that.

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunaludus Scribex View Post

Agreed. -1.

; p
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

JP Friend Code
    No one cares.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunaludus Scribex View Post

The story is very good. What did the Author do that made you very upset?

"......"

Quote Originally Posted by Thedoctor View Post
    Why can't we all be as sexually devious as Renko?

Miscellaneous Info

Quote Originally Posted by Renko
    "I really loathe Fanfictions that are so horrendously horrible, it makes me want to go get my massive NAIL BAT OF RAPTURE and swing it real HARD to any AUTHOR who will dare create such filthy and disgusting piece of literature!"

"THEY WON'T SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY....THEY WILL SUFFER!"

Boy you guys are easily trolled