Page 74 of 158 FirstFirst ... 24646972737475767984124 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 3142

Thread: TM Fanfics Index: Recommendations & Discussion. Updates never

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Last I heard, Quebecois is to Parisian as the Deep South is to English.

Then again I'm from Ontario, so it all sounds bad to me.
    More like Quebecois is American English to Parisian's Queen's English.

Which must make Occitan the equivalent of Liverpudlian.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    This thread seems like it's gone off topic at this point, can we rerail it folks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

*glances at Tobias' avatar*

Any good Taiga centric fics for recommendation?

Blog Entries
    God I wish mate. Hell it took some doing just to get her a decent role in fight knight. I guess prisma Ilya 2rei doesn't count?...well, Lancer gets serious gives her a prominent role, and I once talked elf into doing a sort of morning after archer and taiga one shot, though the name escapes me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

I hope to give her some development and involvement in Fate/Reach Out (especially when the story is on her arc right now) but I suppose writing more bout her, romantic partner or not, would be a good pet project for my ever growing backlog of fanfic ideas.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Yeah, I think the closest you're gonna get to a fic staring Taiga is the Einzbern Consultation Room. She's just not all that popular (That's what happens when you don't have POWER LEVELS on your side).

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishou the Badger View Post
    *glances at Tobias' avatar*

Any good Taiga centric fics for recommendation?
    I once tried to, then my PC told to fuck off by exploding twice and taking all my files with it.

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by @Leo View Post
    pour quoi
    I'm not really good at summarizing these, usually I just say ITS GOOD READ IT but let's see.

It re-imagines the FSN universe into one about boxing, involving lots of shounen anime and boxing tropes. If you like Hajime no Ippo you'd love it. (Also Tobi should read that already.) All the characters have a new spin on them to fit the boxing mold, but still come off as their authentic selves. Part of the fun is seeing what new role each character has in the new boxing world and how they still act out their old roles in that new position. Like how Kiritsugu fits into this Shirou the boxing coach's past. Tobi excels at writing action, unlike a lot of other writers. The action itself is easy to imagine, engaging, and he comes up with something new for each fight that keeps it fresh and gives each boxer Saber fights something special, representing their NPs and skills as plausible boxing techniques.

My favorite part is seeing how each character is re-imagined and the plot lines that follow from it.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd like to recommend "Fate/Empty Throne." It's a Bleach crossover, which I normally would ignore, but I'm finding it really good.

The plot, at least as far as it's gotten thus far, follows the Fifth Grail War, and re-imagines the Karakura Town characters as members of the Nasuverse: Ichigo and Ishida, for example, are members of magus lineages, rather than descended from Soul Reapers, Fullbrings, Quincies, or what have you. Ichigo enters the War with the hope of wishing his mother back to life, and summons Archer - whose identity I won't spoil (this character is half the fun), but I will note that Rin gets her Saber.

It's early days yet in the War, but the battle scenes are high-action, and the character development and interaction is the main reason I'm reading this. Archer's force of personality is just so entertaining, I'm always excited to see a new chapter - and thus, I'm recommending this fic (my first recommendation ever, I believe) in the hopes that you find it equally pleasing.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Rin gets her Saber.
    See, I'd read this, if you meant Rin gets her Saber in an entirely... different way.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, there's nothing so far that says she won't . . .
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Then he held up the silver ring on the middle finger his left hand, the plain silver was decorated with a single curved spike on the top protruding from the center of a cross shaped engraving that’s long ends stretched to circle the entire band.
    Not that the prose usually descends to this level, but nevertheless.

In general ... it feels too generically anime, I think. Characters and scenes are predictable to me thus far. Archer suffers from this noticeably, in that I like a few parts of her personality, but she spends most of her time just being anime. Also that early sequence where she explains why she's remaining materialised failed on multiple levels for me: it's too logically list-y, in a way that one doesn't just naturally reel off oneself, but an author would provide if they've spent a long period of time thinking about it; the whole thing is too extended, which makes it less believable and hurts the part of it which is a set-up for a joke; and it still feels like a rationalisation on the part of the author for the sake of what he wants to have happen, than an organically motivated action on the character's part.

I don't dislike it enough - and haven't yet seen enough - to -1 it, but I'm not even positive enough about it to call this review a 0.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    I'd like to recommend "Fate/Empty Throne." It's a Bleach crossover, which I normally would ignore, but I'm finding it really good.

The plot, at least as far as it's gotten thus far, follows the Fifth Grail War, and re-imagines the Karakura Town characters as members of the Nasuverse: Ichigo and Ishida, for example, are members of magus lineages, rather than descended from Soul Reapers, Fullbrings, Quincies, or what have you. Ichigo enters the War with the hope of wishing his mother back to life, and summons Archer - whose identity I won't spoil (this character is half the fun), but I will note that Rin gets her Saber.

It's early days yet in the War, but the battle scenes are high-action, and the character development and interaction is the main reason I'm reading this. Archer's force of personality is just so entertaining, I'm always excited to see a new chapter - and thus, I'm recommending this fic (my first recommendation ever, I believe) in the hopes that you find it equally pleasing.
    Oh yeah I saw the prologue of that one and found it surprisingly good. It actually bothered to build an organic world and everything!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sun God has finally ended. Now go read it
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Tiger Dojo Can't Stop Won't Stop Nephirin's Avatar
    Hum. I checked and it looks like I haven't +1'd Sun God yet. Let me rectify that.

+1 to Tomb of the Sun God.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    That's too simple and clear. It definitely can't be the right answer.
    It has to be something that makes no sense at all so we can say that Nasu is wrong.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    +1 to Heaven's Fall into Black Chaos.

While this is the continuation to From the Azure to Zero, it isn't inferior in the slightest, in large part thanks to the original and reimagined Servants. Each one of them has a strongly defined voice and unique abilities that beget entertaining battles. The prose is a positive as well; while it is functional and engaging during more mundane moments, action is represented superbly, easily convincing the reader that they are viewing a literal battle of legends.

While the fic is inchoate, it's easy to see that there are great events upcoming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries

Not the best, but rather interesting and like Kyte says a rather organic blending of the two series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Does anybody know any non-oneshot story with Rin and Shirou paired up because I am honestly drawing a blank, which is weird considering how popular that pairing seems to be among the Good Users of Beasts Lair
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Good relationships make for boring drama is probably why there aren't a ton of them, anyway.

Also most people don't care about delving into canon relationships or post-story stuff in favor of what ifs and lets-mess-with-the-grail-war-setup stuff.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Does anybody know any non-oneshot story with Rin and Shirou paired up because I am honestly drawing a blank, which is weird considering how popular that pairing seems to be among the Good Users of Beasts Lair
    Basically everything Rin/Shirou I've heard of besides Moczo's Rin blows Shirou under a table thing involves either 1) A Sixth War 2) Breaking them up to make Shirou an edgier, competenter Archer or 3) Both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3